• Published 13th Dec 2012
  • 976 Views, 11 Comments

C'mon, Lift Your Spirit - ChickenHooves



Fluttershy looks after a young fox whilst her friends are watching the dragon migration, but the fox is very unique, and enjoys the company of the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

  • ...
 11
 976

Chapter 1

"I said NO!!" Fluttershy screamed as she leapt upon her cyan pegasus friend. She kicked her and ran towards her window. She stopped to open it, then darted out the window. She ran into the Everfree Forest, although she did not want to. She ran deeper and deeper, eyes closed, with tears falling from her eyelashes. The forest grew darker, but Fluttershy did not notice. She continued running further in until she came to a clearing full of grass. The grass was shaking, so Fluttershy slowly approached it. She parted the grass and saw a small yellow fox.

"Oh, myyy..." she said. "I best help it!"

A growling sound was audible as sharp, glowing eyes appeared, surrounding the cream coloured pegasus. She knew that these were Timberwolves, and that they were extremely dangerous. She grabbed the fox in her hooves and started flying as fast as she could. She could feel the young fox scrawling around in her hooves as she dodged roots, other animals and rocks. It started to get brighter now. She couldn't wait to see how cute the fox's face was.

"GRRRRRRR!!!!!"

Fluttershy yelped as a Timberwolf leapt in front of her, blocking the exit. The trees acted as a barrier, so Fluttershy couldn't fly out, run out or anything. This time a Timberwolf leapt on top of her. Fluttershy shrivelled up on the ground, dropping the fox as she did so. A swoosh of wind passed Fluttershy, and she looked up. To her surprise, there was only the canopy of trees above her head, and no Timberwolves. She looked ahead to see the fox standing on its hind feet... No, it was standing on two feet, and seemed to have no problems with doing so, unlike just about every fox Flutters had seen would have. Another thing about it is that it had two large, bushy tails. It turned its head around slightly to see Fluttershy.

"Are you alright, miss?" it asked. The shy pegasus backed away at this, then gave out a barely audible 'yes...'. Fluttershy then gained the bravery to talk properly. It's just a cute fox, after all. She thought.

"...It's dangerous in here," Fluttershy said as soft as she could to not frighten the fox. "We need to get you out of here."


"Well, hi there, Fluttershy!" an orange earth pony said to her friend. "Y' found another animal friend that needed 'saving'?"

"In fact, yes." Fluttershy replied, holding the fox she had found before in her hooves. It seemed embarassed.

"Stop it, Fluttershutter," the fox said. "You're embarrassing me."

"He's calling you Fluttershutter too?" the earth pony said.

"M-hmm," Fluttershy hummed. "I keep telling him the names of the rest of my friends, but he keeps getting them wrong."

"I know your friends names! They're Rainbow Smash, Pinkie Cake, Apple Sauce, Starlight Twinkle and Rare Gem."

"Close enough, they're Rainbow DASH, Pinkie PIE, AppleJACK, TWILIGHT SPARKLE and RARITY." Fluttershy giggled, her friend joining in as well.

"Hi Fluttershy!" a voice squeaked. She looked down to see three fillies; one a white unicorn, one a yellow earth pony and the last an orange pegasus.

"Oh, hello girls," Fluttershy replied.

"Who's that?" the unicorn asked.

"This is an animal I found in the forest before."

"I'm an animal, yes." the fox said. "...But can you put me down pleeeease?"

"Aww, he's adorable!" The unicorn said. "What do you girls think?"

"I'm sensing a pattern here." the yellow one said. "Yellow me, yellow Fluttershy, and yellow fox..."

"Why aren't you at the dragon migration, Applejack?" Fluttershy asked.

"It's not another ten minutes until it happens, so I brought the girls along so they have something to do while we're out." Applejack replied. Fluttershy and Applejack dragged into a long conversation. The fox and the fillies decided to have a conversation themselves.

"So," the fox said. "What's your names?"

"I'm Sweetie Belle," Sweetie said. "I want to be a designer like my sister, Rarity!"

"I'm Applebloom," the earth pony said. "I help with my sis Applejack on the apple farm."

"And I'm Scootaloo," the remaining filly said. "I'm Rainbow Dash's Number One fan!"

"Who are you, then?" the three asked the fox.

"I'm Miles Prower," he said. "I like tinkering with things and being in a workshop. You can call me Tails, that's what my friends call me."

"Coooool!" Scootaloo said. "I wonder what your Cutie Mark would be!"

"Cutie... What now?"

"A Cutie Mark," Applebloom said. "You know, a mark ponies have on the side of their legs."

"If ponies have them," Tails asked. "Why don't you have them?"

"Because we need to find our special talent to get one," Scootaloo explained. "But we've tried everything we can think of, and we still haven't got them!"

"Now then, everypony," Fluttershy said, waving Applejack a farewell. "Let's get the sleepover started."