• Published 14th Dec 2012
  • 1,334 Views, 27 Comments

Power Rangers: Guardians of Harmony - Hidden Scorpius XI



After Discord and Chrysalis join forces and turned all the population of Equestria into humans, is up to the Bearers of Harmony to defeat these villains as the new defenders of the kingdom: The Power Rangers

  • ...
9
 27
 1,334

Legacy of Power (2/3)

~Legacy of Power (2/3)~

Twilight and her friends followed the Roc to the entrance of the Ancient Sisters’ Castle, after crossing the Serpent River and the bridge over the gorge, which proved to be less challenging than the last time, of course thanks to the fact that there was no crazy pony trying to kill them. Once inside, she flew from torch to torch on a hidden hallway, stopping every time to check that the girls were following her, before flying further through the hallway. After they reached a point with no windows, the bird started to light a few torches with blue fire, which, if it provided good illumination, it also gave a cold atmosphere to the hallway, as if winter had started five weeks ago.

“Twi, ya'll sure this’ the right way?”

“What do you mean, Applejack?”

“I mean, secret passages usually don’t get to anyplace nice, as far as I know. Not to mention that It is giving me the chills. Literally!”

“She.” corrected again Fluttershy, who was too amazed looking at the majestic roc bird to be frightened of walking on that dark hallway, seeing as she was in the front of the group, followed by Twilight and Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash in tow and Pinkie Pie closing the procession, appearing and disappearing multiple times, prompting to more giggles from her every time. Soon, they found themselves on a huge chamber, walking on a bridge that lead to the top of a tall pillar, inside of which found an ancient elevator mechanism, which worked pretty well for so many years of disuse. While descending, the two girls continued their conversation.

“Honestly, AJ. I don’t see why you are so worried. You know the princesses wouldn’t ask us to come to this castle without a reason. Yes, things had been a little... odd, since this morning, everypony turned into humans, changelings, and yes, I also have my reservations about this bird.” The alluded squawked from its perch, on a corner of the contraption. “But I have complete faith that Princess Celestia will have an explanation to all of this.”

“I understand sugarcube. It’s just, that I’m a little concerned about this. I’m not a mar- woman that does a lot of thinking, and I know we are important, for the Elements and that stuff, but don’t you think this is a bit too much?”

The student’s eyes widened for a second, before shaking her head and looking away from her friend. “I’m sorry, Applejack. The only reason I can think about why these kinds of things happen to all of us is precisely because we represent the Spirits of Harmony...”

“I-called-it-first!”

“Yes, Pinkie. I ignore if we’ve became the spirits because we’ve become so good friends with each other or if we are friends because we represented the elements even before we met. Heck, we even got our Cutie Marks almost at the same time. Call it destiny or whatever; I couldn’t care less about it, because otherwise I wouldn’t have so many wonderful friends like all of you.” A gentle smile appeared in each of them, but Pinkie Pie looked more like she was going to tear up in any second. “And if being your friend means to carry the safety of Equestria on my shoulders, then I’m fine with that!”

That was it, as Pinkie Pie burst into tears while holding Rainbow Dash in a deadly hug, making her struggle for freedom between the arms of the party girl, prompting the group into a fit of laughs of Rainbow’s expression. After recovering and separating Pinkie from Dash, Applejack resumed the conversation. “Shucks Twi! I’ve never thought of it that way. I’m sorry about being distraught about that.”

“It’s okay! I also realized this just recently myself. And in all honestly, I wouldn’t change it for nothing.” Added, giving her friend a reassuring smile.

“Yeah, me neither.” Her smile turned into a serious frown. “But there’s still one thing that I can’t get out of my head.”

This surprised the magician a little. “Then what is it?”

Applejack hesitated a few seconds, but she willed herself and began. “Are you sure that Princess Celestia...”

“I’m really sorry to interrupt, dears.” cuted Rarity “But I think we have arrived.”

Effectively, the elevator had stopped its descending; the double doors they have crossed to get in the machine were opening to reveal a large hall made entirely of polished crystal. The floor was perfectly even in every meter of its surface, while walls and the ceiling had a more rough work, giving the idea of a crystal cave, with a big opening on the highest portion of the ceiling. In appearance, it looked similar to the farthest end of the throne room in Canterlot Castle, except for the lack of windows and thrones and the extra wooden furniture, making it look more like a common room.

What caught most attention of the chamber was that in the farthest wall, where the thrones would’ve been found, was a large fire place, in which burned a purple and pink flame over a single log, while two wisps of fire parted from its core before turning inward and spinning around two fire whirls, making the whole flame look like a heart. Twilight wasn’t sure of what was it, but noticed five small items inside the fire.

“I’m glad you arrived unharmed, my little... ‘ponies’.” Everybody turned to the right to find the source of the voice. There appeared a tall woman, taller than Applejack, with a pale white skin, deep blue eyes and a blue and long hair, that started normal on her head before turning into a wavy cloud of stardust, blown by a nonexistent wind. She was wearing a long dark-blue dress, with black metal jewelry, that covered most of her body, except her hands and shoulders, which sported a black blot with a small, white moon on it. She was the same figure that appeared at the end of everyone’s dream. She is Princess Luna.

The blue bird flew and landed on her shoulder, giving Luna an affectionate nudge with her beak. “Thanks Polaris, you may rest now.” she brushed a little her feathers before letting the bird fly to a perch near the fireplace, near another bird that was positively a phoenix. “I’m sorry for the perils you’ve been through, my friends.” started the Princess of Night. “But as you may have noticed, the real danger is only beginning.”

~~~~~

During yesterday Saturday, both princesses had reunited since the dawn as it has become routine between the two of them all the weekends, to spend together those forty eight hours as quality time after a thousand years of being separated. They went to the castle's terrace at dusk in order to do together the transition from day to night with the others company. That evening had proceeded like any other, they walked down the gardens while contemplating Luna’s starry sky, shared an interesting anecdote of their week, and sometimes communicated their concern about a law or a security issue.

That night in particular, this topic was the recent Changeling invasion that occurred during the wedding of their niece with the captain of the Royal Guard just four weeks ago; both agreeing that what was more unsettling was the fact that it took place right under their watch. It was no secret to them that Chrysalis, the Changeling Queen, had been trying to take over Canterlot in the past, in order to devour the land and spread her kin to all of Equestria. But all those attacks, as well as the Changeling existence went unnoticed to the common public after each victory. But her attempts had become even more frequent, and with the wedding about to take place, Celestia was forced to put up a city lockdown, to prevent Chrysalis of invading the city and ruin the event.

However, not Celestia or Luna could predict that Chrysalis would impersonate the bride in order not only to steal the love from Shining Armor, but to sabotage his shielding spell and lead her spawns on a massive invasion of the capital, which was quickly repelled. But the damage was done. Since then, witnesses had assured having seen strange ponies around Canterlot, or ponies acting weird; for that reason, both sisters felt much obliged to double the security in the city and direct interviews to everypony who was suspected to be an impostor, so basically everypony in Canterlot was examined and proved contrary of the accusations, which helped to decrease the paranoia between friends and neighbors, but the sights of changelings didn’t reduce.

“Seriously sister; this ‘sightings’ are not but paranoid occurrences of our subjects. They are still recovering for the recent events, so it is natural for them to still be unsure. The fear will leave soon enough.” said Luna. Celestia simply smiled, before taking again a sad expression.

“You are right, Luna. Frightened hearts can easily find their courage again. But it is my duty to watch over their well being. Even more now, that I have failed at that.”

“You are not to blame, Tia. You could not had the chance to notice that monster posing as Cadenza since you, both of us were looking right into the opposite direction, that was part of her plan, none of us could have predicted that that would be her approach. Like some ponies say: ‘What is done, is done’. We cannot keep regretting the past, but put eyes on the future.” She added this part with an exaggerated wave of her hoof forward, almost losing all elegance.

Celestia, was pleased to see her little sister acting more like any other pony and less like a princess, it was an habit from old times, and it conflicted with Celestia's goal to create an equalitarian society, regime that Celestia herself has implemented since five hundred years to further enforce the principles that created the country, to which Luna was adapting just wonderfully, of course thanks to whatever happened in the last Nightmare Night, event that helped Luna to regain the confidence on herself. Also, the words of her sister were comforting the Princess of the Sun to her very center.

However, her relief was again shoved away by her guilt. Princess Celestia takes great pride of her ability to make wise decisions and always succeed on every campaign she started. But whenever she let herself to make a mistake, that usually led to suffering. It had happened only a few times; the first time was a thousand years ago, where she noticed her sister’s resentment and simply discarded it as a phase. She spent centuries regretting her ignorance after banishing Luna, and in her pain, the kingdom almost collapsed.

The last time was during the time she was looking for any threat outside of Canterlot, she let the queen of an entire race of hatred-spawn monsters to sneak into the city posing as her “niece” and go through her schemes, ignoring her cold behavior and thinking of it as “wedding nerves”. Now, half the ponies she so deeply wants to protect are utterly affected by the invasion that took place that day, and their pain hurted Celestia like daggers. Only one thing was clear for her.

She won’t let another mistake to happen.

“If anything, I am the one who should feel guilty. You did everything you could when the scam was revealed. Meanwhile, I was slumbering in my chambers. At least that’s my share of the blame. Don’t you think, Tia?” she finished with a gentle smile.

“Thanks Luna. But still, I cannot stand that anything else to threat Equestria. I won’t allow more of those creatures on our...” she stopped in mid sentence as something ahead caught her attention. Luna followed her gaze to see a black figure hovering near the floor a few meters in front of them, dashing to the south-west grounds of the castle. The rapid flapping of its wings revealed the creature to be not a pegasus, but a changeling. Luna attempted to call a guard to dispose the invader, but was cut quiet when Celestia rushed after the changeling, giving it chase.

Anypony else who knew Princess Celestia like most ponies, would never think of her having a vengeful and loathing side; she was a benevolent ruler that would never think of punish a bad pony, if not as a last resort. But Luna knew otherwise. She has been witness of Celestia anger in two opportunities, against an enemy of harmony, and then Luna herself; so she, better than anypony else, can tell when Celestia was at anger.

Both followed the creature, trying to corner it, or at least drive it outside of the city, but to no avail. Every time they got closer, it quickly run faster, getting away from their shoot ranges, only to let them get near again and escaping her horns a second time. It was like if the creature was playing with the princesses. Suddenly, it took higher from the ground, as did the co-rulers chasing it, flying straight into the window of the Canterlot Tower, where was kept the vault of the elements.

A small flash of green peered from the windows of the tower and both sisters accelerated their flight, fearing the worst. Once inside, they found the stone door of the vault crumbling beneath a layer of green fire, and the dazed changeling walking away from its ark. They landed in front of the creature, pointing their horns toward it, charging a magic blast. The insect-pony gave them a twisted smirk, before disappearing in a burst of fire, leaving its two would-to-be captors confused.

“Do not bother with my pawn!” said a disgusting voice from behind them. They spun in place to watch their interlocutor. “For its part in this campaign has ended.” The Changeling Queen: Chrysalis was walking toward the center of the room from the main entrance, a confident yet malevolent smile crossing her face.

What art thou doing at oust castle, Thou Witch?” Bellowed Luna at the Changeling with all the strength of her lungs, feeling disgust at the first sight of that creature, who she only has heard descriptions of: a disturbing satire of her and her sister.

”Why Luna, that is not the correct manner to make a first impression. Unless it is you who is greeting one of your servants, ‘My Liege’.” added with a mockingly exaggerated bow. Luna’s eyes flashed with arcane rage, but before she could charge at her offender, a gently hoof was placed over her shoulder, which immediately soothed her anger. She looked back at her sister, who was locking eyes with Chrysalis.

“You didn’t answer the question. However, I would rather skip to the part where you and your people get expelled from our kingdom.” A stern look carved on her face, which would have been enough to run cold anypony´s blood. The Queen of the changelings did not shuttered, but instead she broke into laughter. Luna´s expression did not change, but she knew that her sister´s patience was short for those whose were fool enough to laugh her.

“Please, Celestia. Where is that famous hospitality of yours? Must every time we meet end in conflict?” faked an innocent pout, before turning into a defiant frown. “Even though I have came to your castle for more… ‘Casual motives’?”

“Do you think we are stupid?” said Celestia while flaring her wings wide open, sending currents to every corner of the room “Many times you have made clear your motives, and last time proved yourself to be a deceitful and cruel monster!”

“Oh, stop it! You are making me blush. How is Cadence, by the way? Enjoying the Honeymoon I hope.” The glare of the Sun Empress turned venomous “anyway! I give my royal word, over the lives of my people, and mine, that I have not come to Equestria this night looking to feed my colony, but to request an audience with the princesses of Canterlot Castle. I do believe you are forced by the same law as I to listen to any single proposition brought to you by anypony, whether you would agree or not.” Her face turned into a more serious and solemn expression, she actually wanted to negotiate. Luna was not convinced, but had to concede along with her sister after she folded her wings back to place, but remaining in guard.

“Proceed.”

Chrysalis simply smiled while moving a lock of long and unclean blue hair from her face. She then started to walk toward the princesses while speaking. “As I have said, I am not looking for sources of love in your little ponies to feed my changelings; I have found another more... ‘Willing’ source of aliment for them to nourish that do harm to no pony.” She snorted at the incredulous looks of both alicorns. “It is the truth. My people need to feed on the emotions of other living beings by its expenses no more! Be happy your Majesties! This is a new for me and you two to rejoice!” added with a small laugh.

“Sorry if I withhold my excitement. It still hard to think you are saying the truth.” Added Luna, knives thrown with every word.

“Believe what you want.” Her face turned into something none of the princesses could only guess was... “We are very grateful for that, my people is surviving, and that’s the only thing that matters to me.” Happiness! The Queen of the Changelings is actually showing a genuine emotion of joy! Both princesses glanced at each other, and then looked back at the queen after their silent conversation.

“Then what is your request? If our kingdoms are no longer to interact with each other, why did you call for an audience?” Chrysalis started to giggle, who quickly became a maniacal laugh, making Celestia and Luna grew uncomfortable.

“Oh, right! I forgot. Care to make the honors, ‘Sweetheart’?” shouted to the ceiling. Next, a flash of light lit up behind the two alicorns.

“That would be truly a delight, ‘Honey’!” Both rulers turned in place to face no other than the spirit of chaos himself: Discord.

~~~~~

“Whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait a minute!” interrupted Rainbow Dash to Luna’s narration of the events. After they arrived, the princess asked them to seat on the couches and chairs placed on the “Crystal Chamber”, as she said it is called. Then, recapitulated the events of last night, and when arrived at the part where the draconequus makes his appearance, she was received with said reaction. “What in Tartarus? Discord and Chrysalis...”

“Are lost for each other?!” finished Fluttershy, a shocked expression forming on her face.

“They would definitely make the most strangely-fitting couple in all the world.” added Rarity.

“Yeah! Who have thought it?” said Pinkie while looking sternly at no place in particular.

“Girls, calm down! Princess, please continue.”

“Thanks, Twilight. As for this revelation, my sister and I were as shocked as you are now. When we got an explanation of Discord’s presence and his... ‘Alliance’ with Chrysalis.” For a brief moment, the face of Luna turned a little green, the sole idea disturbing enough for the mistress of the night to avoid the word “relationship”. “We discovered that it happened the day of the wedding.”

“That day again? I mean, all that happened then was that changelings almost took over Canterlot.”

“Think of it, Applejack. What exactly occurred during the attack?”

“Welp, ponies were scared, things were out of control, those pests were making a whole wreck, everything was...” She stopped right there, eyes the size of peas.

“Everything was a chaos. That is why Discord got loose again. I can only assume that during the mayhem caused by Chrysalis forces, he broke free again. Fortunately, it has been only months since his last imprisonment rather than a millennium, so he is in a weakened state.”

“That’s why things aren’t macky-whacky just yet?”

“That is a clever way to put it, Pinkie Pie.” complimented the princess, making the pink dressed girl to raise her head in proud. “Yes, Discord’s magic cannot affect the whole reality this time, and only on a small grade. Now, about his, thing with Chrysalis, seems that he got also repelled by that shielding spell cast by Captain Shining Armor and Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. Then Discord would wound up, powerless, to the same place as the changelings.”

“Then comes the part when the two... Um... You know.” said an awkward-faced Rainbow, while spinning her main fingers around each other.

“Er... Yes! At that moment they formed their alliance. As for why, I ignore if their sentiments are genuine, are born from their own interest, or if it is a secondary effect of the love infused spell that sent them out of the city. But they truly found a mutual benefit for being together. Discord, who adores havoc and destruction, finds quite amusing the chaotic and vicious nature of the changelings, and they feed on the ‘love’ he gives in return, if he is capable of such; which ultimately pleases Chrysalis, whose only goal is the survival of her swarm.”

“Then, why they attacked again? I mean… they don’t need to threat Equestria if they have, well... each other?”

“I was getting to that part, Fluttershy.” deadpanned the princess.

~~~~~

“Let me answer your question, Luna! Good to see you, by the way.” said Discord. “You see, even though I am having the bestest of fun I’ve had in millennia looking at the antics of my Queen’s subjects, there’s one little detail that keeps me up at night and deprives me of my happiness.” He snapped his taloned fingers and teleported next to Chrysalis.

“And I couldn’t stand to see my poor ‘sweet-tums’ in that state, so we had a little talk and he told me what is bothering him, which coincidentally, also bothers me.” added the insect-pony, while cuddling her companion, before giving a scheming look at the other two present. “We are both sick of ponies! With both your ‘harmony’ and ‘good sentiments’!” both teleported to each side of the room, facing the two alicorns in the middle.

“So I had the most incredible idea that I could come up with.”

We, honey.”

“Whatever, now listen: We are going to use the magic of the Elements of Harmony to restore my strength and power up a spell that will transform the whole reality at once and change all the livinging beings into... dramatic pause... Changelings!” Both princesses, startled, rose from the floor in shock at the revelation.

“What?!” yelled Celestia, fear and shock visible on her face. “You are crazy, Discord! What you plan to do is not only horrible, but also threatens to destroy the very balance of nature!” Discord just chuckled.

Balance? *Pfft* Oh my, Celestia. I thought you were the smart one. ‘Spirit of Chaos’, remember?”

“Why yes, with every corner of Equestria and every place on the World plagued with changelings under my command, Chaos will roam free with no one to resist. ‘Harmony’ will mean nothing, and Changelings will feed endlessly of the love and happiness Discord professes to me and my people!”

“We won’t allow it! We are going to stop you now for good!”

“And how exactly do you expect to do that, Woona?” said Discord while clapping his hands. Right after, the chest containing the six Elements of Harmony came from the destroyed vault floating toward him. “We are ready for the spell. We got the elements now. You two cannot use them since you lost your connection to them due to some, ‘family issues’. And their current wielders are far from here in Ponyville! As for what I see you already lost!” added with a triumphant smile, while raising high to the ceiling, along with the elements and Chrysalis.

The elements got out of the chest and directed to the center of the room, right above the princesses, and started to spin while the two enemies charged both their magic. Luna’s mind was in blank, Discord was right, they could do nothing to stop that spell in time, or at least that’s what she tough, because Celestia had another thing in mind. In a fraction of second, the white coated princess shot up to the elements at the same time the Draconequus and Changeling shot each spell to the center of the formation, meeting each bean at the same time Celestia placed herself in the middle of the elements, horn glowing bright. A flash of light, a shockwave and then… darkness.

~~~~~

“When I woke up, I found myself here, transformed into a human. Right after that, I visited all of you through your dreams and requested to come here at haste. And, here we are” Finished Luna, a defeated look on her factions. All the other girl looked at the princess, a feeling of uncertainty among all of them, even Pinkie Pie was dead-shocked. None of them said a word. Except…

“Then, Princess Celestia is in Canterlot Castle, right?” asked Twilight, straightening herself on her seat. “She is there to make sure things are under control.” But Luna didn’t answer, she hesitated a second, but remained silent. Twilight now stood up from her seat. “Right?”

“Sugarcube.”

“What, Applejack?” She didn’t notice that she yelled at her friend. Applejack remained calm nonetheless.

“I don’t think you want to hear that.”

“Hear what? It is not like the Princess is... That’s what’s bothering you? Come on AJ, I told the same to Rainbow before. She sent us the envelope with the powers, remember?”

“It was I Twilight Sparkle.” cuted Princess Luna. Twilight was stunned in place by the broken tone of her voice, and when she looked at the princess, her heart stopped at the sight of tears running down Luna’s face. “I sent to you the envelope.” She motioned her hand toward the flame and it revealed an image of a mountainside in which they all knew was located the current castle of their rulers, except that there was no palace, but a perfectly round crater.

“I summoned you to this place because Canterlot Castle is no more. And...” More tears were shed. “I am sorry, my friend, but if Celestia was to be fine, even unconscious, she would have arrived to this Chamber along with me. I am afraid...” Tears started to leave visible marks on her white skin, at the same time she brought something from a folding in her robe. It was a broken piece of gold, shaped much like the silver tiara on Luna’s head, with a charred amethyst on its center. “… That my sister is no longer with us.”

Those words echoed in the expanding space that is the student's head, eyes fixed on the broken crown that was burning in her retinas, but nothing could be found inside Twilight’s mind, since it went completely dark, as if a candle faded its flame inside a dark room. She could not tell you when she fell on her knees, nor when she covered her face to hide her tears, nor who, when or how many hold her in arms and she let out a pained cry. Everything started to lose importance as the meaning of Luna’s words sink on her thoughts.

Princess Celestia is dead.

For the rest of them, though they all could guess what had happened, it still was painful to hear the news. Applejack took her hand off of Twilight’s shoulder and removed her hat from her head; a deflating sound startled her, so she turned around to see Pinkie Pie with her hair flattened down and looking like she was going to cry in any second. Fluttershy rushed to Twilight after she fell on her knees, holding her own tears, to hug her friend, using a wing to cover the student’s face, although it didn’t silenced the pained wail.

Rarity simply brought a hand to her mouth and looked away from the group while shedding a few tears. Rainbow got up from her seat, grumbling something beneath her breath as walked angrily to one of the walls before punching it, easily breaking the crystal. She stared at her distorted reflection in frustration as the cracks fixed by themselves.


Inside Canterlot Castle, now transported inside a cave of unknown whereabouts, somebody was releasing her own frustration into a group of seven scared Changelings. “You let them live!?” A blast of magic obliterated the one in the middle. “The ‘Spirit of Everfree’?!”. The two on the left exploded. “You fools! How it is possible that a whole battalion of you couldn’t defeat a group of six silly girls?!” The “creature” in front of the insect minions released another blast from her spear, a twisted branch with a jagged blade on its end, and destroyed the other two on the right. Her green demonic eyes darted to the last two remaining, her sickening pale face contorting itself demanding an explanation of the failure her soldiers were reporting to her.

She was wearing black robes, with small holes on sleeves and skirt, before revealing her bare hands and feet, white as the skin of a ghost. A small crown rested on the top of her head, from which flowed a long and unattended blue hair, a strand of which crossed right in front of Chrysalis face. One of the Changelings snarled something at his queen, in hopes of easing her anger. “They have become stronger too? But how can that be pos...” Her look turned even angrier. “Luna!” hissed, before sending a last blast to the remaining soldiers.

The rest of the Changelings shifted uncomfortably on the ceiling of the castle’s throne room, while the queen disposed of their comrades and started to walk back to the end of the room. “This is intolerable! First, the spell to turn everypony into Changelings didn’t work. Not only that, but also didn’t destroyed the Elements of Harmony! Thanks to Celestia’s stupid sacrifice! And now her sister is interfering again with our plans. It was a really simple task I gave to you: Destroy the Spirits of Harmony!” shouted to the ceiling. “And not even that you could do!”

“Relax, my queen.” came a voice from one of the thrones. Sitting there was Discord, transformed as well. His face was like of any other human, ignoring its grey color, yellow and red eyes, and the funny looking fang protruding from his mouth, and a white hair, growing to his shoulders, with black streaks in the middle of his head and temples. His clothes were a positive chaos of a wardrobe: a brown leather vest and pants, a golden armor glove on his right arm, while his left was covered on yellow bandages. A green leather boot on his right foot with golden linings and another black, smaller shoe on his left, with a beige tight running up to his knee. Strapped to his red belt were two mismatching swords: a full straight, silver rapier on his left hip, while on his right rested a golden claymore with four prongs coming from both sides of the blade. “Plans are boring, anyway. There’s an order to follow on them, where is the fun of that?”

“Yes milord. But we could have restored your powers already if not because of Celestia’s meddling! And now, the spirits are now in possession of the elements once again. It is just matter of time for them to turn us both into stone!”

Discord stroke his white beard for a second. “I see, you have a point. But don’t worry about that. First: they don’t have a single clue of where are we, so they won’t come here any sooner. Two: maybe I am not at full power right now, but I can restore my powers. Taking out the powers from the elements would sure make things quicker, but I believe that a spontaneous amount of chaos itself would be more satisfying. It may be a long wait, but it makes things interesting.”

Chrysalis, now calm, smiled at her new king and seated on the throne next to him. “You are right, Dis. And also, the Princess of the Night has little experience at governing a country, and without Celestia, she must be completely helpless.”

“Exactly! We have the upper hand. We just need to play well our cards and soon all of Equestria will be ours” Said while standing up and walking forward. “Now, those six are still a problem, last time I made the mistake to underestimate them, and they turned out besting me, they are very crafty at ruining one’s fun.” brought out of nowhere a toy binocular. He looked on them and pressed its lever two times, before grinning. “Seems however they are having problems right now. Looks like the best time to take them down by spreading a little Chaos!”

“But honey, they just repelled an ambush directed to them; another attack would do just as much.”

“I am aware, sweetie.” said Discord while crossing his hands on his back. “A simple Changeling is not strong enough to defeat them now that they have those new powers, even less since the Princess is helping now. But what about changing one of them with the strength of a big and fierce creature?” Turned to see the complying face of his companion, she then called forth one of the pests attached to the walls to descend, a little reluctantly, in front of the lord of Chaos. Discord grimace grew wider as he popped the fingers of both hands, sending a lightning zapping across the room and striking the stained glass depiction of his first defeat, scaring further the trembling minion. “Weird, that never happened before. Anyway, tell me, Chrysalis: Are Manticores fierce enough?”


After Twilight drought herself up, she fell asleep in one of the couch. Princess Luna called the other five near the fireplace in order to let her sleep at peace. All the other have recovered as they could, Pinkie’s hair was again frizzled, but she was still serious… sort of; while Rainbow was regretting having punched the hard wall of the chamber. Luna ascertained everybody was fine before glancing again at the girl resting her mind on the other side of the room. “I can understand perfectly how Twilight feels right now, though I never came to know Celestia the way she did, so it is only natural that her hurt is deeper.

“My Sister was a great pony, with a greater heart and valor. It pains me to request you this, but we must hold up our grief for now. Her intervention on that spell was meant to change its results, thanks to that we haven’t become changelings, but turned into humans and maintained our pony abilities of magic, flying and strength.” said while pointing at Rarity, Rainbow and Applejack respectively. “She gave us another chance to defend us from this new threat. We cannot waste it.” She waited until all five girls nodded in understanding. “It also had an effect on Equestria history, as everybody now remember their whole lives as if they lived them as humans, and every document has replaced the term ‘pony’ with ‘human’.”

“That’s why Applebloom didn’t believe me when I said we were ponies!”

“Correct, Applejack. It also allowed everyone to know what a human is and to easily adapt at this new form. You six and I remember because we bore at least once the Elements of Harmony. That is also the reason why I called all you here.” Her face turned away to the top of the fireplace, as a dark blue staff with a crescent moon at its end appeared on her hand. The staff lit up and from the largest face cut of the wall emerged a silver book with golden borders and a cylindrical spine with golden knobs on each end. The royal crest, a crescent moon eclipsing an eight pointed sun, was emblazoned on its rear face, while a stylized lightning symbol that none of them had seen before was on the front of the text.

All the teenagers looked with curiosity the textbook as it landed on Luna’s grasp. “Long time ago, a powerful wizard named Zordon came over Equestria, short after the beginning of our reign. He told us stories of his travels, and about his constant battle with the forces of darkness. He was amazed by our kingdom and the level of peace and harmony we had achieved, but could not stop to notice that evil and malice existed in our land. Fearing that this evil would one day be too great for us to handle, and wishing to do something to help Equestria when most needed, before leaving he created the Crystal Chamber and left with instructions of sealing the chamber, while leaving inside the greatest source of power on our world, in this case: The Fire of Friendship.” she motioned at the purple flame burning in front of them.

“Wait, princess. Are you trying to say that this fire is the same one from the Hearth’s Warming pageant?”

“Yes Rarity, this is the same flame ignited by Clover the Clever the day Equestria was founded, and from which the Elements of Harmony were first forged, and up to this day, it still burns.”

“Wow, then it must be like the most powerful thing all over Equestria!”

“That’s just what she said!” putted Rainbow Dash, still rubbing her hand.

“Oh, right!” The party girl giggled a little.

“We left the fire inside the chamber, with the promise that it will open by its own when it was required. This is the moment. During his staying, Zordon studied the fire, along with the Elements and Equestrian magic and culture, altogether with his own science, and I believe he found a way to transmit and adapt his legacy to us. This legacy is one that speaks of a group of remarkable individuals, who harnessed the Power to protect the worlds, and even the whole universe, from the evil that threatens it. This team was known as The Power Rangers.” She opened the book with her telekinesis, pages started to pass slowly. None of the other young women around it could make any of its content, except for depictions of masked warriors, a variety of arsenals and illustrations of gigantic creatures, comparable in size with a full grown dragon, even bigger. “This book is a detailed report of his findings, explaining how to convert the source of Power from our world into the different forms to wield it. Your newfound abilities are just one of these forms.” said while returning the pages to the beginning and showing to the girls its contents.

PASSIVE ABILITIES:

Ghost Walk.

Strenght Boost.

Haste.

Lucky Strike.

Vanish.

Reflect Shield.

“Those six only? I thought it would have more options.”

“Actually Applejack, this part only contained the enhancing spell I sent in the envelope. The ability each of you developed took form for what you would be more capable to master based on a special trait from each of you. The list appeared afterward, to keep record of it.”

“Okay, that’s really cool and everything you want. That’s an awesome book, by the way. But why are you telling us this, Princess?”

“Rainbow, you can call me just Luna. You all can.” interrupted the Night Princess. “As for your question, I believe you all know the answer. But First, I recommend you to look at your shoulders.” They all did, each one of them was surprised by what they discovered. The Cutie Mark of each of them was shining so brightly that could be seen through the clothes covering their skin.

“Ooh, shiny!”

“For my stars!”

“Oh... my.”

“That light, my friends, is your own soul resonating with the Fire of Friendship. It appeared right after you came closer to it and the items that it is containing right now. Since you are all connected in spirit to the Elements of Harmony, it is only you who can canalize the power of harmony and the flame itself.” All the girls exchanged looks of various emotions, before looking to Luna, who has put the book away, then focused her gaze to the flame, which stuttered slightly before releasing five golden objects from it. “When I wound up here, also did the five elements. They were gravely damaged by the dark magic used on them. Fortunately, Zordon’s book said that in order to access the power, new forms must be created for them to work, purifying them once more and allowing their function even when by their own. These, are the new forms of the Elements of Harmony: The Harmonizers.”

Their respective Element of Harmony flew in front of them, though the gems now had a different color and all of them were round and the metal piece was now a bracelet rather than a necklace, with the symbols of the Sun and the Moon at each side. Each jewel Levitated in front of its owner as Luna spoke up again. “I believe that Discord didn’t replenish his powers to its full extent, so he would likely try to steal the Elements again and restore it. Giving them into your care is the best way to keep them safe, as they are now bonded to your very souls.

“Fluttershy: You are a pure and kind being, who seeks helping everyone and always forgives with little effort. You will become the Pink Ranger.” Once she finished, the pink orb in front of the surprised animal keeper disappeared in a flash as the artifact placed itself on her left wrist.

“Pinkie Pie: Happiness and joy follows you wherever you go, as well does hope and an unbeatable spirit. You are going to be the Green Ranger.” The same happened with Pinkie’s element, leaving her more confused than excited.

“Rarity: You are always willing to give away selflessness, as long it is to help others in need. You are now the Blue Ranger.” Rarity examined her bracelet with an amazed look.

“Rainbow Dash: Indeed the fastest flier around, but you are even faster to leave everything else for those that need you. You shall be the Yellow Ranger.” She accepted the princess compliment with a proud smile, then pumped her fist up in acceptance of the Harmonizer.

“And you, Applejack: Through honest and hard work you have accomplished great feats, never trying to take the easy way when it could hurt others and your heart always walks on the road of righteousness. For those reasons, I pronounce you: the Red Power Ranger, Leader of the Power Rangers: Guardians of Harmony!”

Applejack saw as the magical item hovered to her wrist and the red jewel disappeared from it, noticing also that her mark has stopped to shine, but it didn’t matter to her as she repeated the last part of Luna’s statement. “Leader? Sorry, Luna, but I am not leader. Shucks, I dun even run the farm!”

“Better question: Why Pinkie has not said anything yet about not being the ‘Pink Ranger’?”

Because I’m the comic relief Dashie.”

“Don’t go changing the subject, you two! I mean… what about Twilight? She’s way better leader than I am. She is not going to be a Ranger too?”

“Sorry Applejack, but due to Discord’s magic, the Element of Magic has gone missing once again. After all, it’s the most elusive of the elements. Besides, even if…” She stopped her answer and looked past the cowgirl’s gaze. They all turned around to see their friend, now awake, but with a defeated look on her face.

“Even if we had it, I could not use it because I can’t in this state, right?”

“Twi!” Her friends rushed to the meeting, she received them with a small smile, begging them not to worry for her. “Are you okay sugarcube?”

“How long you’ve been awake dear?” asked Rarity.

“Yes, AJ. Thanks! And I wasn’t sleeping actually; I got just a little tired. But I got up when you started to talk about that Zordon.” After she got near the flame, she took a glance at her shoulder, noticing her star shaped mark wasn’t shining. She then turned to Luna, who gave her an understanding look, along with a sigh.

“I am afraid you are correct. You are truly a powerful magician, capable of great feats of the ancient arts, more than any other could aspire for. But right now you could not wield the Element of Magic because your spirit is wounded, and those kind of scars take time to heal completely. But they can, and yours will. As for the Element of Magic, although it tends to be very mysterious, I am positive it will return to its rightful wielder, once she is ready. Just like it did before.” She gave a warm smile to the purple haired girl in front of her, who gave a smile of her own in response.

“I also believe the same Prin... Luna. And I also agree with what you said.” She turned to the blond girl; green tiny eyes glanced everywhere looking for somewhere to hide. “Applejack, I couldn’t think of anybody more capable for this than you.”

“Well, thanks a lot Twilight!”

“Sorry Rainbow. You know it’s the truth.” The rainbow headed girl pouted before nodding in agreement. “Applejack, you are strong, trustful, dependable and determined. You’re stubborn sometimes, but a good person nevertheless. I know sometimes I work as the backbone when troubles brew, but most of the time, I would rather be more like you than myself.”

“Twilight, I...”

“Trust me. If there is anyone capable of this, it is you.” The hat wearing girl looked down a second and then to the rest of their group, only to meet glances of approval and support. The most surprising was Rainbow Dash, who walked next to her with a deadpanned face, gave a friendly punch to her friend’s shoulder and then gave the most reassuring smile she’d ever made.

Applejack found herself smiling in return, the worry she had felt dissipated and was replaced with the confidence and trust all her friends were putting on her. She looked again to Princess Luna, who was also smiling. “You can count on me, Luna”

There was a small cheer between the girls, and as the five shared a group hug, the student neared herself to Luna. “Things won’t be the same now, will they?”

“I think not, things are sure to be different from now on. But our main priority is to make sure things don’t get worse.”

“Agree.” Her eyes turned away a little, and then flashed again to the princess with a sheepish smile. “Um, it would matter if I take a look to that book?”
Luna could not do else but chuckle at the petition. Seems her thirst of knowledge keeps undaunted, that is a good sign. “Go ahead; I was hoping you would like to read it instead of me actually. I am not too much of a reader.”