• Published 4th Mar 2013
  • 418 Views, 0 Comments

The Alicorn Theory: The Treachery - Prince Aeon



Midnight, the pegasus Prince try to avoid a great war between Pegasus and Unicorns 5000 years ago.

  • ...
 0
 418

Chapter 8: Betrayal (Part 2)

Ru... Ruby is pregnant? I couldn't believe what I heard. The game continued for about an hour. I wasn't listening to them anymore, afraid of learning any other things that I shouldn't... Meanwhile all the ponies on the war ground were killing each other each moves that the two Alicorns were doing. I could hear the screams, the sound of the cries when blades pierced the flesh. I wanted it to all end. Then I listened to Wit again.
"I hope that this war will give them a lesson and it'll be the last game that we'll have to play Amber."
Wit's pieces were in bad situation, I was afraid that it was the same for the Unicorns. Amber took her Queen and captured Wit's last bishop. Putting her in check state.
"But what if they don't? Check."
Wit smiled. She looked at the game, took her own Queen and...
"Then I'll have to put my faith in the ponies. Checkmate."
The smile on Amber's face dissapeared. Indeed, she was angry. How can I tell, I couldn't see her cheeks anymore. Wit stood back up. Turned around and flew away like a lightning. Amber tipped her king down.
"So it's settled... The unicorn will win this... Then I guess that I will play my cards."
She took a large momentum with her front leg and materialised a black blade, identical to Corr's. She stabbed her own king that broke on the impact. Time slowed down as all the dust was blowing away from the piece. I felt a pain inside me, some kind of feeling. What just happened?
"Now let's see how things is going on from your friend Corr's eyes."
Oh no...

The decor changed. Bodies were all around me, there was dust coming out of spots all around. Pegasi were flying, others were falling soldiers charging in one another. But most importantly was this black leg which hoof that held a black blade. It was inside a pony, a pegasus, the worse thing is that I recognised my father...
"Corr?"
"I... I am sorry your magesty! It's like if the blade had a mind of it's own."
Without saying anything else. My father's body dropped on the ground... with all his dead soldiers that fought for him until the end.
My vision went back to the chess table. Amber was holding her queen...
"Now for the grand finale..."
She stabbed the piece in her hoof, but this time, the piece didn't broke. The blade was inside it, not moving.
The next thing I saw was Corr's hooves holding his blade in his own chest. I couldn't believe what I was seeing...
What's going on?
Corr fell on his back, on a pile of bodies. All around him, pegasi were retreating, leaving him for dead. Quickly, the battleground was empty, only filled with corpses. But Corr was holding to life.
She came from out of the mist, this dark Alicorn. She was walking straight towards Corr. She leaned in front of him. Corr's hooves were on the ground, unable to move. But the blade was still in his chest. Amber approached her hoof from the blade and pressed on it. The dark Stallion howled in pain...
"I am sorry, I am just so happy that I found my blade back."
Corr coughed then looked up at the witch in front of him.
"Why didn't you looked for it earlier?"
Amber had this grin I hated, showing her teeth like if she found humor in sadness.
"I had to use you Corr. After all, you've been quite useful to me today... You see, this blade is not like any other kind of blade. You should probably have noticed that already. The fact is, this blade cannot kill, actually, it can't quite kill. Any wound she causes send it's victims into darkness." She looked behind her, there was a unicorn on the ground with a wound in his chest that was dark as the night. Amber's magic surrounded the grey Unicorn. " And all what I have to do is to spread this darkness..." The body of the unicorn started to twitch, like if it was having some kind of spasms. The black of the wound started to spread all over his body and soon, the unicorn was black. The body started to move and he stood up. His eyes opened, they were nothing but white... Amber went closer of the undead and started to cuddle his face, the dark unicorn didn't flinch to the contact of the Alicorn. "They are called Darkars... ponies who fell into darkness and now belong to us. The Darklords, opposites of the titans. Their souls are ours forever, well, sometimes, titans find a way to free them... but it's a great service that you've made to us today. " She looked at her minion. "Now go home my dear." The unicorn bowed and dissapeared in a dark smoke.
Amber came closer of Corr. She took the blade and pulled it out of his chest. He groaned but Amber ignored his pain, after all, she was the one causing it. She looked at her blade seeing that no blood was on it. Then she thought a moment...
"You know what... I will make a deal with you... You can keep the blade. For each soul that you will give me, I will make your life longer... Is that a deal?"
Corr starred at the Darklord for a moment.
"Yeah, of course..."
"Perfect! Oh and you can keep the darkness that you injected to yourself, it's there but won't evoluate."
Corr looked at his chest to see that the wound dissapeared.
"But it takes some time with darkness in your body before being able to move. And I will give you the instructions to summon the blade in times"
Corr looked back up but she was gone. He looked around him and all the ponies he killed also all dissapeared.
He closed his eyes.
I heard a voice in my head.
"I hope that you enjoyed what you saw as much as I did Midnight. Now go back to these friends of yours."
I opened my eyes surrounded by unicorns. I gasped like if I was out of breath.

I need to get out of here.