• Published 4th Mar 2013
  • 418 Views, 0 Comments

The Alicorn Theory: The Treachery - Prince Aeon



Midnight, the pegasus Prince try to avoid a great war between Pegasus and Unicorns 5000 years ago.

  • ...
 0
 418

Chapter 7: Reality

It's sad that we have to face a world like this.
But I still trust hope.
-Eclipse-

So much to think, so much to tell. But why is it just me, my mind is going crazy. I could feel some sort of shadow looking at me... blazing eyes filled with anger and hunger... Am I watched by a guardian angel or a demon? I still don't know... The cold night was freezing my blood, sending shivers down my spine. I looked outside to see the glazing moon shining down the dark forest. I moved out of my bed. I deployed my wings, letting them feel the fresh air, I closed my eyes. My mind was empty. I stayed like this for what... Twenty minutes? Fourty minutes? An hour? Time was no longer important to me. The knocking at the door broke my internal vortex... some kind of controlled sleep, I couldn't explain the exact feeling... I slowly walked to the door, each step being more quiet than a draft in the wind, us pegasi are extremely light. If a living being lift us, they'll feel that we are as heavy as a normal pony, but for anything else, we are as light as a feather. I slowly opened the door. The big blue Stallion that was Eclipse was standing there, with his helmet on, I never had the chance to see his long, dark mane like mine. Mine of course was shorter. He was careful of being quiet, whispering to me...
"Sorry to disturb your sleep Midnight, but you need to come with me."
What time was it? Past midnight? How important could this be?
"What is it Eclipse? Something is wrong?"
He looked very scared, as much as all the guards that were almost sprinting towards the grand hall. Even in the silence, the tension was rising, I could feel it in my coat.
""I am afraid so... something really bad..."
Two guards came and put a goden blanket on me, matching my eyes. It was decorated of rubys and sapphires.
"What's the blanket for?"
Eclipse started to walk away, I hurried to follow him.
"In this situation, the general wants your identity hid."
What is this kind of problem? But actually I feel kind of happy that the general cares for me...
Each step that we were making was just raising the volume of the voices that we could hear. The room of the Grand Hall opened. Groups of unicorns in civilians clothes, blood, some burns. They were carrying corpse, I don't know if some were alive or dead... They were obviously all refugees. I went to the general that was just answering and asking around.
"General! What's going on?!?"
He turned at me.

"Midnight... the pegasus are attacking."
What? Now? Why!!! I starred at the General for a second, mouth wide open. I looked at all the ponies in pain in the court, they probably got able to escape or the pegasi let them go as a warning...
"Why do you need me here?"
He looked at me, I couldn't say if he was angry or scared. He had this look when a pony saw millions of his kind die in front of him and it was my fault.
"You knew that they were going to attack us! Why didn't you warned us!"
I knew but I wasn't expecting an immediate assault, I am such an idiot. But something worse happened, one of the village chief heard him.
"What? General who is this?"
The general turned at him, acting casual like if no blood dripped this night...
"This Stallion is Morning Wonder. The Earth pony ambassador."
The old chief mumbled in his grey beard. I came closer to the General, who just save my coat.
"I didn't had the time, I am sorry, I knew indeed, but I didn't expect my father to act this fast, something must've pushed him..."
Then I thought... Corr... This cursed, drastic, son of a... He could kill everypony but him if he could... He is obviously behind this.
HeartFire looked sad, but he had to protect his race.
"The pegasi next stop is here, but we will face them at unico's wall. I will let the quarter of my army here if something goes wrong, that's around ten thousand spears. If I fall, I give my rank to Eclispe, he is the only of with the heart to lead us to the victory, and about you Midnight, Iwant to be sure that you won't come with us. Now go back to your room, sleep and prepare for anything."

Eclipse showed me to come in his direction, I was on my way went I saw a mare sleeping with her filly crouched in her sides, the filly was not more than eight years old, her mind already filled fears of my race, her front leg was covered in blood, a cut of a pegasi spear was formed in her coat. I couldn't stand to see her in pain. I tore the back part of the cape that was on me and I went closer to her.
"Hey there... what's your name little filly."
She opened her eyes, a small tear was out, they were a bright gold, like mine, but her purple coat broke the resemblance. She had a long dark blue mane that could easily reveal her small horn.
"My name is Serin..."
I tried to smile in the sadness of the moment.
"Don't worry Serin, you are safe here, let me fix your wound a bit."
I took the rag and tied a node around her leg. She smiled a little.
"Thank you mister earth pony."
I stood back up and kissed her on the forehead, in our time, this was a meaning of protection. I smiled while turning into Eclipse's direction.
"Yes, I am an Earth pony..."
I shook my wing a bit to let fall a feather in front of her, while I was getting away. The feather slowly fell on the ground, she starred at it for a moment, mesmerized by the situation than she slowly took it in her hooves and turned her head in my direction. I gave her a last look and winked. I could swear she grinned and keeped it for herself.

Me and Eclipse were walking in the quiet corridor. There was nopony in front of us, neither behind, Eclipse stopped. He sighed and closed his eyes.
"Are you alright Eclipse?"
He took a deep breath.
"I can't do it but this order is from higher. Please forgive me..."
"Uh... What do you mean?"
I turned in his direction when something strong hit me on the head.

Sending me in darkness.