• Published 3rd Dec 2012
  • 2,823 Views, 31 Comments

Magic Corrupted - BookWyrm



Twilight opps to test the alicorn amulet

  • ...
6
 31
 2,823

The Trixie Incident

My Name is Namby Pamby and I am a reporter for the Canterlot Gazette. With the recent end to the Twilight Crisis, a great deal of speculation remains.
I personally missed the bulk of the Crisis. I was in Zebafrica, doing a travel piece. I think that is why Celestia choose me for this assignment. I am, for the lack of a better term, an outsider. I was not in Equestria for the fright, the battle at my home town Ponyville, or the Day of Twilight. I hope that this fact gives me clear perspective into what happened.
What follows is a series of interviews are arranged along a timeline. Starting from the Trixie Incident and ending with The Liberation at Appaloosa. These are first hand, eye witness accounts of ponies who experienced everything. We all know what happened. We lived through it. But the princess told me this…
“In order for our nation to move forward, we must understand what transpired, lest it be corrupted or worse, forgotten.”
The Canterlot Gazette will run this story as a continuing serial until it is complete.

Ponyville

the Trixie Incident


Ponyville is gone. There is a crater where it once was. Most of the town has either relocated or lives here in the Refugee camp near the Everfree Forest. Most of the earth ponies stayed. It’s in their nature I guess. Plans have been set into motion by the old Mayor to rebuild, but the progress in slow going. Snips was a few years younger than me when I lived here. I never knew him. He is short and pudgy, but his face is so sad.

When the Great and Powerful Trixie came to town I was really excited. My friend Snips and I were really happy to see her again. The last time she had come to Ponyville she had put on a show that put some of the best ponies in town to shame. This time she appeared without her cart though, and she was wearing this really scary looking black cloak and a pendant that looked like a bat or something. Snails and I were actually the first to talk to her.
(Note: Trixie was a traveling show mare who did magic. The “bat” pendent Snips refers to here is the alicorn amulet see fig 1)

“Really? What did Trixie say when you spoke?”

Well I bumped into here you see, and she started to yell at me, but when I recognized her I bowed to her and asked her what she would have me do to apologies.

“You bowed to her?”

Well yeah, Trixie was the greatest! Aside from Twilight I guess.

“What did Trixie ask you to do?”

She told Snails and I to go out and gather all the towns ponies, she said she had a score to settle with Twilight Sparkle.

“Interesting, how well did you know Twilight Sparkle before the crisis?”

Well everypony knew Twilight, she was the town librarian. She actually defeated an Ursa Major, all by herself! She also helped me with my homework a few times. She was really nice.

(note: During Trixie’s first visit to Ponyville, an Ursa ‘Minor’ rampaged through the town. According to reports, Trixie had claimed to be able to defeat such a beast during her show, and two unnamed colts decided to lure one into town to see her do so. Trixie had been unable to do anything to stop it and revealed herself a fraud. Twilight Sparkle was able to repel it back into the forest, thus saving the town.)

“Right, moving on, when Twilight came to confront Trixie, what happened?”

Well that’s when things started to get strange. Trixie started doing cool tricks like usual. She made one of Rainbow Dashes wings too big. She was Rainbow Wobble after that! –laughs- Snails and I said hi again and rooted for her, but then she turned on us too.

“How so?”

Well she shot a red beam of magic at Snails and me and suddenly I was upside-down and my horn felt numb. She had connected Snails and I together at the horn! It was so embarrassing! We tried to unstuck ourselves but nothing we did worked.

“(I stifle a laugh) how did you get unstuck?”

Oh, well Twilight and Trixie argued about something and then Trixie unstuck us. Then they dueled, I had never seen a duel before, I think I would have liked it more if Trixie hadn’t used me and snails as targets.

“Who won the duel?”

Trixie did. She used a bunch of crazy magic and then an age spell on Snails and I. She turned me into a baby! Snails got turned into an old stallion. When it was all over she changed us back and told us that we had to pull her around town on a cart or else. Then she put a giant glass dome over the town and forced Twilight to leave! It was really scary!

“What happened next?”

After that, Trixie got really crazy, she kept having us pull her around on a cart. But then she took off the wheels and said that she hated wheels, and then she made the carriage even bigger and heavier. We had to keep dragging her around to check up on the dome and stuff. She was really mean to us. But then twilight came and made everything better. Snails and I hid under the school house until Trixie left town.

“And what happened to the Alicorn Amulet?”

You mean the bat thing? I heard that Zecora, the zebra, had it in a little treasure chest, but I don’t know what she did with it after that, all that I know is that a few days later everypony started going missing… including Snails.

“I’m so sorry.”

It’s okay. They never found anything, so he might still be okay! They will find them! You’ll see! They will…

(note: Snails was a confirmed "missing" one of the original hundred. he was a tall thin unicorn colt with a mustard yellow coat and a green mane. snail cutie mark. if you have any information on his whereabouts please contact the Luna Lost Foal hotline at Canterlot.)

Snips begins to cry… I leave the camp soon after and make my way towards the Everfree with a small guard escort. I have a lead to follow, and a Zebra to find.