• Published 2nd Dec 2012
  • 2,909 Views, 56 Comments

The Ashes - Scylight



Rainbow Dash now has to deal with her being a vampire.

  • ...
11
 56
 2,909

Becoming One

On a regular rainy day most shops would close since nopony would want to go there. Ponies would seek the comforts of their homes to avoid getting too wet. Pegasi would be mantaning the clouds in order to keep it under control. Families would play with each other to provide comfort and warmth. The lonely ponies would be drinking the night away hoping to forget about their life. Yet there was one pony who was not doing any of these things, in fact she wasn't even inside. Her name was Rainbow Dash.

It was peculiar to see such a lively pony such as herself all alone out in the rain. At a regular time like this she would be having fun with her five friends, possibly enjoying a sleepover. In some cases her recklessness would kick in and she would be flying in the rain. Yet all that she was doing was lying on a cloud, crying. Despite her brash attitude she had a fragile mind and could easily be discouraged. But today was not an ordinary day.

In fact today was supposed to be the best day of her life, because this was the day when she was supposed to get accepted into the Wonderbolts. She had aced her exam and passed the flight test with flying colours, it seemed like she was destined to make the team. From a filly in an group home in Cloudsdale, to a Flight School dropout, to a confused pony with amnesia, to earning the Element of Loyalty, she was living the dream. But there is a reason why we call them dreams.
The day for her started like any other day, wake up, take a shower, feed Tank, eat breakfast. Even then she was already getting worried about her future. Who would feed Tank while she was gone, what would happen if her friends were in trouble and she wasn't there, what if she failed her element. Her friends had numerously explained that they would be alright and that all of her concerns were going to be taken cared of, but she was still worried.

That day when Derpy dropped off her mail she could hardly contain her happiness. She quickly began searching for that familiar blue letter. After much searching she found it and quickly began reading. Her smile which she had be wearing proudly earlier quickly became a frown. Tears had already started to come down her face and muzzle. They had rejected her.

Since that time she had been avoiding anypony who came near her, or as much as waved. To the citizens of Ponyville it became apparent of Rainbows lamet. Rumors spread like wildfire to vast to be controled. Rainbow Dash couldn't take any more embarresment and secluded herself from the rest of town. Rainbow eventually cried herself to sleep on her cloud not being even aware of the rain.

Soon another pony walked into view, its hooves making tracks in the dirt roads. He had a cream fur that was mostly covered by a thick, black trench coat and a wide brimmed hat covering his mane. He walked by shop windows and mysteriously there was no reflection. He slowly looked up at the cloud that Rainbow was sleeping on revealing his blood red eyes. "How could they waste such talent", he smirked.

He had heard stories about her amazing feats. She was the only living pony to be able to pull off a Sonic Rainboom. "She would make a great addition to my team", he said darkly. Suddenly the rain stopped giving the mysterious pony the opening he needed. Just like that he was gone.

***

Rainbow soon stirred herself awake minutes after the rain stopped. Her eyes were now bloodshot from her crying and her cheeks slightly swollen, and now she was soaking wet. "Can this day get any better", she moaned sarcasticly. She got up slowly and began to stretch out her wings. Her trademark rainbow mane hung loosely to the side of her face.
"Hello Dashie", a voice startled her nearly knocking her off the cloud. She began to breath heavier while trying to locate where the voice was coming from.

"Show yourself, I'm not scared of you", Rainbow shouted back. She firmly placed her hooves deep into the cloud in order to hold her position.

"Then why are you telling me to show myself", the voice asked. "Only if you were truely scared would you be telling me that", he said as he began to cackle wildly. He could already tell that his victim was absoulutely terrified. She was hyperventilating, her heart rate was up, and she began to slightly shiver. "But don't worry, you'll be scared soon enough", he said wildly.

All of a sudden the stallion flew out of one of the stray clouds and lunged at Rainbow. Despite her quick reflexes she was unable to dodge and was tackled by him. She struggled to gain the upper hoof when suddenly he opened his mouth revealing a pair of fangs heading for her neck. Out of desperation she punched him with a right hook and immediatly took off.

She began to go as fast as her wings could possibly carry her. Multiple questions entered her mind but all that she was focused on right now was to get herself safe. She then began to hear a slight whistling sound behind her and was suddenly caught from behind. The two pegasi began tumbling back to earth with a loud smash into a tree. As the dust disapated it became clear who won.

The cream stallion stood on top of his latest victim with a proud grin on his face. He smiled darkly as said a prayer to Luna before biting down on Rainbow's neck. Blood instantly flowed into his mouth giving him a full stomach and pleasure. The same could not be said for Rainbow.

She was writhing around in pain as her life fluids came coming out of her neck. Once again tears began swelling up in her eyes as she realized what was going to happen. As she closed her eyes she said one final prayer to both Princesses.

Thank you Princess for all that you have given me and my friends. Thank you for letting me preform for your entertainment and my friends. Thank you for letting me become a hero as I always wanted to be. Thank you for everything you helped me accomplish in my tragic short life. Finally, thank you for letting me have the best friends in the world and if you can hear me tell them that I will miss them.

She breathed on last time for what she thought to be the end of her life.

***

"Spike", Twilight yelled at her number one assistant. She had been reading a book since the rain had started and she had asked Spike to tell her when it stopped, but instead he fell asleep.

"What Twi, can't you see that I'm sleeping", Spike said rudely.Twilight sighed. She had no time for this, she just needed so-

She never got to finish her thought when her house all of a sudden shook violently. Books that were neatly sorted began to fall down as Twilight was knocked off her hooves. She got herself up and began to run to the door. "Spike clean up the books while I check what happened", she comanded. She heard the baby dragon groan at his task which caused her to chuckle a little bit.

She slowly walked her way to the other side of her home. "Whoever did this would pay for the damages" she muttered to herself. She then turned the corner to find a familiar pegasus pony laid out at the side of her home. "Rainbow I told you not-", she stopped herself dead in her tracks.

Her friend was in a pool of her own blood and her mane matted against her head. Her feathers were stuck together by her own blood. Tears came from her lifeless face mixing with her blood. Now there was only one thing to do.

"HELP"