• Published 4th Jan 2013
  • 1,266 Views, 3 Comments

The Tale of the Mysterious Mare Do Well - Blinky Writer



A shadow grows over Ponyville, where Heros and Villains will arise and kick flank.

  • ...
3
 3
 1,266

Fall of the Hero

Dash walked the empty streets, watching the ponies gather for that 'Hero'. She took everything she had. Her fans, Her fame, Her spotlight. Heck, Now she was being thrown a celebration for what she did. Stuff that she could have done. Stuff that was HER job! She was the Hero, Not that masked nobody. Dash could hear the beat of her heart, throbbing with anger. 'Fine... If they like costumes, I'll show them a costume!' Dash growled in revenge.

Through the night, Dash worked on her costume. She was poor at sewing, but she knew her outfit had to look better then that showoff Mare do Well. Red for the primary color, to have ponies look at her with awe and notice her as she saves everypony. Going as slow, She smiled at her work. It was Rarity quality in her eye, despite that it took her much longer to get it like that. Dash continued to make the main suit as best she could. The sun was already rising, But she wouldn't quit. She had to beat her. SHE HAD TO!

A night passed to day, And then to days as she continued to work. Only stopping to eat or sleep, she continued her plot. Weather ponies were told off as she lied of a cold, Fluttershy started coming twice a day. And then, After 5 days of hard work and barely any sleep... It was done.

Dash slumped into a sleep, her dreams filled of her victory over defeating that thief. Her mind turned towards unmasking that jerk. She laughed as it played over and over in her mind again. First it was Trixie, then Spitfire, then Derpy, then Cheerilee. Dash didn't care, she laughed at her victory as her fans cheered for her again. Her fans.Those trai-

Dash woke with a start and plotted to herself, Today was the day for a new hero to come. She looked to see the sun meekly bringing the next day, 'Perfect...' Dash giggled to herself.

'A hero needs a secret identity.' Dash said to herself, remembering one of the great rules of comic books. Quickly jumping into the bathroom, Dash pulled out a bottle of black hair dye and tipped it over her famous mane. 'I need to do this, For the fans...' Dash silently whined to herself, as a tear formed at the mouth of the bottle and the corner of her eye.

Dash looked at her now mismatching mane and coat colors and went back to the one word on her mind. Her gaze was hard as she went for her suit. Pulling the red fabric, she started to cover more and more of her sleek blue coat. Her wing started to fit snug into their designated pouch, fit and able to fly. A Black belt with small pouches was slowly put around her waist, snapping shut with a satisfying *Click*. Dash walked over to the mirror to look herself over, chuckling as she would bet Rarity would be amazed what she could do.

Reaching for the final touch, Dash grabbed the mask. The red mask would hide her identity, a black X crossed the face for extra awesomeness. The eyes were fitted with her Shadowbolt goggles, perfect for covering her eyes. Yet something was off...

A sudden realization pained Dash's mind, She wasn't good at sewing... Yet she was able to do make this costume. It paled on her for a few minutes on what she was going to do, until she looked at the newspaper and forgot all her woes of it. 'Ponyville more safe thanks to Mare Do Well?" Lets just see...' Dash hissed, putting the flashy mask over her head.


Citizens of Ponyville loved their town. It was sweet and quiet for the most part, But it could also be chaotic and dangerous. A slumbery afternoon could turn into a full scale panic at the turn of a hair. But it was never like this before, it used to be very peaceful. But ever since the appearance of Twilight Sparkle and the Nightmare Moon incident, The town has seen many dangers. And not many ponies dared to think why or when or what.

Twilight blinked away from her page to look up at the sinking sun. The bookish mare shook herself up, lighting her horn to deposit her book into her saddlebag. The lavender mare slowly got up, examining the empty park as she trotted towards her library. The danger free day seemed welcoming from her recent adventures as 'Mare do Well', Hopefully it would say that-

"HELP! HELP!"

Twilights faced jerked up at the cry 'I should not try and jinx myself like that..' she sighed as she ran towards the alley to slip into her suit.

20 seconds later, Mare do Well burst into the scene. As the secret clothed superhero ran the streets, the flicker of flames and smoke coming from the horizon of buildings. The dark hero trotted as fast as she could, Her hooves feeling like they weren't touching the ground.

Mare do Well suddenly stopped running, still feeling the breeze run past her. The purple clothed hero looked up to see a red clothed mare lifting her above the town. The mysterious pegasi laughed before saying in a raspy, muffled voice 'I heard you could fly, Let's see if that is true.."

Twilight started to process what she was seeing, Another superhero? Or wait...

The sudden feeling of everything stopping is always odd for the half a second that it lasts. Mare do 'Twilight' started to focus as she started falling towards Ponyville like an Apple to the ground on harvest day. The librarian superhero felt the rush and spark as she teleported to safety, back on the lovely soil of Equestria.

The librarian quickly scrambled herself together as she ran among the cheering folks of Ponyville. The protector of Ponyville quickly scrambled herself together and sprinted towards the danger. A surrounding circle had already formed around the burning dental office, cheers coming from the crowd as Mare-do-Well reached the scene. As soon as she entered, the cries emitted were even louder. One of the windows shattered towards the front of the crowd as a familiar clothed pegasus burst through the window, carrying a payload of one slightly singed Element of Honesty and one ash covered, minty fresh dentist. The two ponies were dropped off in front of Twilight/Mare do Well as the mysterious red mare flew up into the sky, bringing along a rain cloud to put out the blaze.

'Few, I thought we would have been goners if it wasn't for that other mysterious pony.' Colgate exclaimed with glee

'Y-yeah... Thank Celestia for that one...' Applejack gave a nervous smile before giving a harsh whisper to Twilight/Mare do Well "Who in the hay is that!'

Twilight replied in a hoarse whisper back 'I don't know, but something seems off'

The press broke through the crowd as the new hero kicked the last cloud back into the sky. 'A few shots, but then I'm off' she laughed as she prepped to takeoff. 'You can put me in your little paper as... 'The Crimson Bolt'

Twilight watched as she was dropped from attention as everypony else rushed to see this new hero, allowing her to study the newcomer. The entire outfit was red, save the black X on her face and the black belt. The mares tail and mane were black as coal, a thing that seemed rare in the town full of pastel colored manes. The last thing she noticed was a brown carrier case like that of a mailmare, bulging oddly with its unknown contents. Something seemed off.

As the new pony in town started to take off, The original masked mare ran out into the scene with photos being snapped of her as well. Just after the first wing beat thrusted her off the ground, The purple hatted mares magic grabbed at the brown bag and caused a huge rip.

The townsfolk gasped in shock as cans of fuel and matches tumbled out of the bag. The whole town seemed to gaze with shock as the bright red superhero turned to stare at the purple rival. People watched the tension before one of the biggest shocks to hit the townsfolk broke it. 'So, endangering other ponies to create your own glory? That is just...' Twilight tried to speak. The voice was garbled and was hard to differentiate from stallion and mare, perfect for hiding an identity.

'Wrong? Who cares, I saved ponies. I'm a hero!'

'You think what you did was heroic? Think of wha-'

'What? Should I wait for an incident to happen? Everytime there is a crime, or a danger, or anything! You show up. How can I help when there is no pony to help?'

'I help out for the good...'

'I WANT TO HELP OUT TO! BUT NO, YOU ALWAYS MANAGE TO DO IT JUST AS I SHOW UP! AND NOW YOUR MAD THAT I WAS THE HERO AND-"

'Your not a hero, Your a criminal. A villain!'

Twilight stopped as she jumped backwards, The red mare kicked towards the ground from above, leaving a small crater where her hoof struck. The red mare snorted in anger as she charged towards the purple mare. Twilight quickly grabbed a plank of a nearby cart to try and defend herself. Levitating it in front of her, Twilight watched as the red mare punched straight through the plank and split it in two. Quickly thinking, Twilight kept dodging punch after punch from the "Crimson Bolt". 'Damn, This girl has got to be a black belt or something' Twilight thought as she used various items like cheese, flowers, wagons and sticks to try and hold off the enraged pegasus.

'I tried to stall you for the glory, But now I am going to kick you out of the picture!' The mare swore as she delivered blow after blow towards Twilight.

Twilight continued to avoid the flurry of hooves coming at her "What to do, What to do!?" she thought, the hamster in her brain peddled as fast as it could to process an idea...

WHAM!

Twilight suddenly felt herself go flying as her opponent managed to land a blow on her. Tumbling forward, Twilight crashed into the dirt. The egghead flew backwards, hitting her head on something wooden. Twilight looked up and suddenly smiled, jumping back up and fixing her hat back on.

The Crimson Bolt dashed over, diving right towards the purple heroine that cowered behind a wooden pillar. 'I got you nooooooOOOOOW!' The villainess screamed as suddenly another half of the wooden pillar fell down on top off her.

'Thank goodness for the handy hooves of the Ponyville Restoration Society.' Twilight/Mare do Well joked, rolling away and getting back to her hooves. 'Now to see who this fake of a Hero rea-'

'NO!'

The angry pegasus jolted up, knocking the debris of her and screaming in rage 'I WAS THE HERO! I AM THE HERO! YOU STOLE IT FROM ME! I WILL END YOU MARE DO WELL!'

The Crimson Bolt dashed into the sky without another word. Twilight stared into the sky and watched the mare leave a black trail behind her. 'Huh, That looks a lot like...' Twilight thought behind the mask before she noticed what the mare was going to do. 'No, She is going to level part of the town if she does that! I.... I have to stop her. But I need to get up there... How can I...'

DING!

The Dark Hero of Ponyville's voice called out as the townsfolk gathered around the scene, 'TRAMPOLINE PARTY!'

The crowd looked around confused 'Trampoline Party?'

'Whats that about?'

'Is it code?'

'Is Mare do Well alright?'

Twilight ignored the comments as she looked up, the faux of a hero had turned around and was starting to descend when the base of her plan arrived. Pinkie Pie seemed to pop out of nowhere, placing down a trampoline and holding two bags of chips 'Did someone say "Trampoline Party?" '

Twilight quickly jumped over to the trampoline, her horn lighting up as she cast a gravity spell as she went down. She stopped her horn and went flying into the air, flying towards the Crimson Bolt. The Red suited pegasus snorted as she saw the mystery mare fly towards her, suddenly watching as a hoof came towards her face. The dark hoof struck the red foe, stunning and sending her flying in disarray. The purple mare smiled before watching as everything stopped, slowly looking down before screaming 'HorseaPPPPPLLLLLEEEEESSSSSSS!' as she fell downwards, only to be caught by one of Equestria's Royal guard. Another one flew past to apprehend the stunned criminal.

The white stallion dropped the garbed unicorn on the ground in front of the crowd before helping his partner with the red garbed arsonist who was starting to wake and struggle. Mayor Mare walked up to Mare do Well as Reporters came to take pictures and the fans started cheering. 'Thank you Mare do Well, For saving our town from this ruffian. Our lives are in your debt!'

The townsfolk cheered louder as Mare do Well nodded, watching as her friends mingled into the crowd. 'Now to unmask this ruffian.' Mayor Mare announced, turning as the guards started removing the mask off the struggling pegasus. The town suddenly gasped as the mask was lifted off.

The idol from before struggled in the hooves of the guards. Rainbow Dash hissed and swore to get out, the only sounds the emitted as everypony stared in shock. The once proud mare of Equestria's mane was dyed dark, her eyes bloodshot and a redder tint and a small black symbol etched on her neck.

Mayor Mare's jaw trembled as she was the first to speak 'M-m Miss Rainbow Dash... Would you k-kindly explain your-'

'I AM NOT RAINBOW DASH! I AM THE CRIMSON BOLT! I AM THE HERO! ME! LET ME GO AND ARREST THE PHONY!'

Twilight hyperventilated behind her mask, but tried to keep strong. She knew something was wrong with Dash. Maybe she was really stressed by her and her friends crusade to have her stop being a showoff. She needed somewhere to relax and have ponies talk to her. 'E-escort her to the Finest Psychiatric Ward... She needs help...' Mare do Well spoke to the guards.

Mayor Mare looked at the Two white stallions and nodded. They slowly carried 'The Crimson Bolt' away as she continued to kick and scream.

Mare do Well quickly trotted off into the darkness, crying silently as she heard one of her best friends curse at her 'THIS ISN'T OVER MARE DO WELL! I WILL RETURN AND DEFEAT YOU ONCE AND FOR ALL!'

Author's Note:

I suck at making stories, But I do hope this entertained you for a couple of minutes. Whether you are finding my horrible grammar mistakes or enjoy the story itself. I hope to add more to this and not run out of ideas like I usually do.

As I have not seen the episode in a while, I apologize if parts are off.

As I am not good with characters, I apologize with the characters are off.