• Published 6th Dec 2012
  • 1,891 Views, 23 Comments

Earth's Changeling Era - Nightmare Chaser



It has been a year after the defeat of Nightmare Moon and Chase has to deal with another queen.

  • ...
6
 23
 1,891

The Royal Wedding: Chase meets Queen Chrysalis

Chase was the first to arrive at Canterlot the next day, having the advantage of knowing the location of the Equestrian capitol is awesome in his opinion, just ten minutes before the girls. He smiled and waved at them as they exited the train with shocked expressions on their faces before Pinkie sneezed confettii. Chase looked just as shocked as the girls did but shook it off.

"Before you ask, I got here by magic and it's magic so i ain't gotta explain anything." He said with a toothy grin before standing.

He saw Twilight start to head for the castle and Chase facepalmed before following her. She arrived at the castle courtyard just as the captain of the royal guard, the groom himself, sent guards to their posts. Chase just sighs as Twilight glared at her brother.

"I have a bone to pick with you mister." she said as she trotted across the yard, her comment being met with spears.

"Twilly" Shining Armor exclaimed and ordered the guards to lower their weapons. He looked behind twilight and saw Chase. "And you."

"And hello to you too captain." chase said with a bow, "Tackle any innocent ponies lately?"

Shining Armor just shook his head as he gestured for Twilight and Chase to follow him. He lead them to a part of the castle wall which overlooked the city of Canterlot. Twilight started to nag at Shining about how he didn't bother to tell her about his wedding and to a pony she didn't even know.

Oh for the love of.... "Uh twilight think about this," Chase said kneeling next to her and putting two hands on her shoulders, "Maybe he has a reason for not telling you off hand or uh in this case hoof, but just look around us."

He sweeps his arm around himself and twilight at the barrier surrounding Canterlot. Twilight looked at the barrier confused and looked back at Chase.

"So there's a barrier," she said to chase, "Why would..."

"Because Canterlot has come under threat by some unknown outside force twilly." Shinging Armor said in a very serious tone. "I have been charged by the princess to erect the barrier around Canterlot because i'm the onlypony who can do it."

His horn glowed the same color as the barrier and a beam of magic shot up and hit the barrier seeming to strengthen it. Chase whistled at this but saw that it left Armor exhausted.

"And i'm guessing that's why you couldn't tell your little sister then." chase said and the captain nodded.

"Chase did you know about this?" Twilight asked as she turned to chase who just scratched his head.

"Why else would the princess put him in charge of extra security details." Shining armor said and twilight looked hurt.

"I was asked not to mention this to you by Celestia so i kept my mouth shut." the human said with a chuckle. "But i guess you had to find out sooner or later but enough about that," he turned to Shining Armor, "So when can we meet the lucky mare?"

Shining looked at Twilight with a smile. "Well Twilly knows who Miamore Cadenza is after all," he looked away with the same smile, "She was her foalsitter."

"Wait so it's..." she trailed off as her eyes widened and she smiled like Pinkie. "Cadence!!!"

Shining Armor nodded and twilight started to bounce around. Chase just looked at her confused and looked to Shining Armor for clarity. He explained that Cadence was Twilight's foalsitter when she was a little filly and she absolutely loved her. Just as Twilight was bouncing about Shining asked if she would be his best mare. She squeed and exclaimed her yes and hugged him causing Chase to d'aw.

"I hope i'm not interuppting anything." came a kind yet annoyed voice from behind chase and the three looked back at a pink alicorn mare with a yellow, pink, and purlpe colored mane and tail with a crystal heart as her cutie mark. Chase assumed this was Cadence.

"Mi Amore Cadenza I presume?" Chase said with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes i am," she said and looked him over, "and you must be the extra wedding 'precausion'."

"Eeyup. Nicholas Chase Welcher, human magic user and former student of the malicious Nightmare Moon at your service." he said with a bow and she actually smiled.

"I have heard about you and it is good that someone a little more competent will be keeping track of our wedding." she said her smile disappearing.

If i didn't know any better, I think i was just insulted. chase thought but smiled. "Well that is..... great to hear."

She was about to say something else but Twilight jumped in front of her and started doing something like a little ritual while singing 'Sunshine Sunshine Ladybugs awake, clap your hooves and do a little shake.'. Chase snickered at the display and saw that Cadence looked annoyed by it.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"It's the song you taught me when i was a filly." Twilight said looking confused.

Cadence, or Mi Amore Cadenza, looked at twilight with an 'I'm not amused' look on her face and proceeded to walk past Twilight and Chase to her fiance. As she passed Chase she brushed against him and an image of a black pony with jade eyes momentarily flashed in his vision. He gasped and stepped back from Cadence with a suprised look.

The hell was that about...? Chase thought as Cadence gave Shining Armor a kiss on the cheek. Chase shivered as she turned to look at Twilight and Him.

"Well I guess you want the details on the security." she asked, venom hidden in her kind voice.

"Nah, at least not right now." Chase said trying not to sound nervous, "But I have been asked by Celestia to accompany you while you are looking over the preperations for your wedding."

She bared a false smile and asked that the two leave her fianace and herself alone to discuss some things. They agreed and left them be.

"She's acting strange." Twilight said to chase as they entered the courtyard.

"How so Twilight?" Chase aske putting his hands behind his head.

"She's acting different than she used to act. She's acting more like....." she trailed off trying to find the right words.

"A bitch." Chase said bluntly lookin back to where Cadence and Shining Armor are.

"I-I g-guess." she said nervously, a little shocked at Chase's choice of words.

"Your right Twilight, I actually noticed three things wrong with that entire conversation with her." Chase said, as they started walking the streets of Canterlot. "One, she acted completely snobby towards you and didn't know that little chant and dance of yours that she taught you herself. Two, she flat out insulted the guards, and i think she isulted me as well, in front of their captain no less. And Three, she didn't sound all to happy about me being brought in as extra security as well as being her chaperone as she prepares for the wedding."

Twilight thought hard on that as they met up with the other five girls. After a short chat they each went to their respective jobs. Twilight turned to Chase and asked him if he could help her with her job since he had to accompany Cadence anyways. Chase smiled and nodded his head.

Throughout the day Chase and Twilight started to hate Mi Amore Cadenza's attitude and the way she seemed to judge everything with intense dislike. By the end of the day, they absolutely hated her. all seven of them were at a cafe enjoying their drinks of choice.

"Somethings not right with her." Twilight said with a disgruntled look on her face.

"Why's that Twi?" Applejack asked

"Did nopony else notice the way she acted all grumpy during her visits to each of you today?" she said looking at each of them and Chase raised his hand. "Anypony else besides Chase?"

"Well of course we noticed darling," Rarity said in a 'it's-obvious' manner. "But i would be too if I was doing all the preparations myself."

"But..." Twilight started but was interrupted by AJ.

"It sounds like your just jealous twi." She said and Chase face palmed.

"It kinda does sound like that." RD said as she sipped her tea.

She was about to say more but the other mares decided to call it a day leaving Chase and Twilight at the cafe. Twilight started mumbling something incoherent and started getting sad. Chase put a hand on her shoulder and smiled.

"Why don't we just go talk to your brother about Cadence." he said with kindness in his voice.

She nodded and started walking to shining's house with chase following. They arrived at the captains house some time later and entered. They looked around for him but couldn't find him. Chase heard voices coming from a nearby door and he silently told twilight. The two quietly approached the door and looked inside seeing Cadence and shining armor arguing about something shining was gonna wear. He started to argue against her about wearing it at their wedding when he cringed and closed his left eye, obviously a headache. Cadence chuckled a little evily before her horn glowed jade and she put it to his head causing his eyes to turn a shade of green. Twilight silently gasped and Chase's hands glowed their own emerald green as she once again told shining not to wear the symbol but this time he said he wouldn't.

Chase decided to get Twilight out of there before she, or himself for that matter, did something that would give them away. He grabbed Twilight and teleported them out of the home and onto the streets. Twilight broke down and started to cry.

"I-I can't believe it," She said, her heart heavy. "She's brainwashing him."

She looked at Chase who just looked back at the house in disbelief, his own mind racing with question after question at what he saw. Could Cadence be in league with the outside force? Is she brainwashing Shining Armor to put up a false force field? Chase decided to let things be until the wedding where, hopefully, everything would be revealed.

"Twilight let's get you back to your room and we'll confront Cadence tomorrow." Chase said giving a grin very familiar to Twilight.

She nodded and ran back to the castle, Chase following close behind. They entered the courtyard and Twilight stopped before turning to Chase.

"Chase I want you to help me tomorrow." She said, confidence sparkling in her eyes. "I don't think I can confront her and tell the others about what she's doing without any help and since you saw what she did to my brother too who better than the greatest human i know."

Chase grinned and ruffled Twilight's mane. "I'm in and whether you asked or not i would've backed you up anyways Twilight."

Twilight smiled and hugged him before trotting to her room leaving Chase to his thoughts. He walked to his own room but was stopped by Luna.

"Oh hey there Luna." Chase said holding up a fist.

"Good evening Chase." She said and brohoofed Chase.

"So what can I do for you?" Chase asked and started to walk again with Luna walking alongside him.

"I was just wondering how you are enjoying your stay here in Canterlot as well as asking how the security preperations are coming along." she said, talking with the human casually as she always does with him.

"Preperations are coming along nicely," Chase said with false confidence, "I've added some extra protection spells at the north, south, east, and west points of the castle and town so that if anything gets in they can't get out."

"Excellent, I guess that is why big sister put you as extra security." Luna said with a smile.

"Well I have you and Celestia to thank for the more advanced magical knowledge i have now," Chase said, "You two have taught me more magic than i ever have with that vile creature anyday. Not to mention that you and I are best friends."

"That is true but I do not remember either of us teaching you a spell like what you cast on the castle and town." Luna said with a curious look.

"Oh well I kinda experiment with some of the spells you two show me and so far i've come up with five new ones you can add to your books, presumably under the name Chase the Wise." he said jokingly making luna laugh.

"Well, you will have to show us these spells sometime after the wedding." She said with a giggle.

"Will do Luna, shouldn't you be on watch?" Chase said holding up his fist again and recieving a hoof from Luna.

"Yes I do but i only wished to know about the preperations which i am grateful that they are coming along wonderfully," She said before opening her wings, "Farewell Chase."

With a wave from Chase Luna flew back to the observation tower leaving Chase once again to his thoughts. He found his room and entered it. He looked out the window onto Canterlot before he lay in his bed and fell asleep.

The next day, during the rehearsal, was when Twilight and Chase decided to confront Cadence which they did. During the rehearsal they barged in and accused Cadence but she seemed to have Shining in her grasp. Shining snapped at the two as Cadence ran out of the room crying with shining and the others following to comfort her.

"B-But..." Twilight started but was interuppted by Shining.

"Don't bother coming to the wedding either of you." he said before the doors closed leaving both the lavender unicorn and the human alone.

Chase sat on the steps and slammed his fist on the ground yelling damnit. Twilight started to cry and layed on the stairs next to chase. He put a hand on her neck before sensing a presence behind him. He and Twilight turned to see Cadence standing on the top of the stage.

"I'm so sorry Cadence." Twilight said to Cadence.

Chase was about to apologize when he saw Cadence's eyes momentarily turn from pink to jade and a wicked grin crossed her face as her horn glowed.

"Oh you will be, both of you." she said as a ring of grin flames surrounded the two.

Chase made a lunge at Cadence and managed to grab her but was once again met with the image of the black pony only more clear. It was a Changeling. But not just any Changeling, she was the queen of the Changelings Queen Chrysalis. Chase let go and stepped back and was surrounded by the flames again.

"Your...." he started to say but was engulfed by the flames.

He heard laughter from the disguised queen before he blacked out.

To be continued.....

Author's Note:

Ok forgot to mention this in the first chapter but the first three chapters of this sequal deal with the royal wedding but with Chase added. After chapter three, the Changelings appear on earth and Chase finds more than a couple of new necks to break on earth, he finds love but with who you'll have to find out as the story progresses. Thank you everypony.