• Published 25th Nov 2012
  • 1,534 Views, 19 Comments

The Deity Star - Laarsgaard



Celestia has been the omniscient ruler for millenia, but how did she become so powerful?

  • ...
3
 19
 1,534

A Day That None Will Remember

The crater left by the explosion was enormous. The ground was scorched for hundreds of yards in each direction. Unconscious ponies lay about in various states of disarray at the center of it all stood Celestia. Her body was heaving and sweaty from the exertion. Of her father nothing was left, not even ash. Celestia looked at the destruction she had caused and felt strangely empty.

She began to walk through her subjects. She had never looked at such beings in a way. She could see power in each one of these ponies, a potential that might even rival her.

Celestia felt somewhat afraid of her subjects. If they all had such great potential then they could overcome her. She could not allow that to happen. Celestia felt wrong about these thoughts she was having, jealousy, envy, fear, and greed. She had never felt greed before, but now she was truly powerful and her subjects could take that away from her and she didn’t want that. She had just destroyed the only stallion that had ever torn her down and now these others, they would try and do the same if she didn’t do something.

Celestia walked on through the streets. There were surprisingly few citizens out and about. Soon enough she came to the foot of the empty palace. The massive structure had sat empty for the decades that she had been gone.

She slowly stepped through the massive doorway and into the grand building. Celestia looked around. The place was beautiful and enormous. There were massive tapestries and paintings. The walls were hung with massive draperies and decorative gilding.

Celestia’s felt her breath catch in her throat at the grandeur of such a structure and to think that place had stood empty for so long. She continued to move through the many rooms and chambers. Each was more wondrous for the last as she moved slowly taking all the sights she could.

Celestia came across a massive staircase. She moved up the steps. Celestia came to the top and was greeted with the sight a huge hallway. On each side were massive windows that glittered magically.

Celestia moved to the vey most right one shining the brightest. She stood in front of it and marveled at the sheer austerity of the clear panes of glass. She gasped as the glass began to flow over itself.

Color began to pour in from the edges of the window mixing and tumbling in a beautiful display of a chaotic dance. The colors began to slow and settle into shapes and figures. The image came to full clarity and Celestia felt tears come to her eyes.

The picture the window displayed was of a white Alicorn standing in the midst of a group of smaller Alicorns facing down a massive black Alicorn. The white Alicorn had enormous orb of light energy growing above her head as tentacles spread from the black Alicorn below her.

Celestia felt touched by the picture, a horridly clear depiction of her actions in destroying her father. A small tear fell to the beautifully carpeted floor. She had annihilated him utterly and hadn’t thought twice about it.

Behind her she heard hoofsteps. She turned to see a midnight blue mare staring at her.

“Luna.” Celestia gasped. Luna stepped forward. Her eyes were shiny with tears.

“Why?” was all she said. Celestia knew what she was asking.

“I had to. I had to end it.” Celestia looked at her sister. Tears fell freely from Luna’s face as she walked up to her sister.

Celestia watched as her sister came slowly closer. Luna had grown as well. Her pelt was now the color of the midnight sky and her mane matched her coat. She was quite breathtaking.

“Why have you chosen now to come back?” Luna asked coming to a rest in front of her sister. Celestia didn’t know how to answer her sister.

“Luna I-“ Celestia began to speak but Luna cut her off with a look of fury.

“No!” Luna shouted. “No, you were taken and I have not seen you for hundreds of years and suddenly you show up and destroy my father!” Luna turned around. Celestia stepped after her sister.

“Luna, I had no choice.”

“You had a choice!” Luna screamed. “You chose to kill him, you chose to and now look at what you’ve gained from it, nothing!” Luna continued to scream. Luna whirled about.

“And now you proclaim to be our ruler, how? You just show up after so long and think that we’ll all bow down to you?” Luna wiped her face with a hoof. “No Celestia that is not going to happen.” Luna turned and began to walk from the room. Celestia watched her sister leave and her heart broke.

A though crossed her mind something terrible that she knew she would regret for the rest of her life but she had to make up for this somehow. Her horn began to glow and power flowed throughout her form. This was going to be her greatest triumph and most humiliating defeat and nopony would ever know about it but her. All of those ponies out in the city, they would never see another sun and Luna, Luna would never remember this day.

“I’m sorry.” Celestia whispered as a white light began to spread and writhe from her form growing to consume everything around her. Moving and spreading to take in pony after pony and spreading beyond the boundaries of the city itself out into the world to change the very planet so that no creature would remember this day or any before it for that matter.