• Published 25th Nov 2012
  • 1,534 Views, 19 Comments

The Deity Star - Laarsgaard



Celestia has been the omniscient ruler for millenia, but how did she become so powerful?

  • ...
3
 19
 1,534

Unspoken Knowledge

Celestia quickly returned home, the odd message ringing in her mind. She walked in through the front door. She was greeted by the sight of her angry father standing in the foyer of their home.

“And just where were you?” he asked menacingly. Celestia felt fear as she stared into the hard dark eyes of her father.

“I was just out for a walk.” Celestia replied as calmly as she could. Ferrus wasn’t buying it.

“Where to? I know you don’t have any friends, so where did you go?” every word he inched closer to his daughter until he was towering over her. Celestia quivered with fear as her loomed over her, she wanted to cry.

“Answer me!” Ferrus shouted down at her. Before Celestia could say anything Ventia appeared at the top of the stairs.

“Ferrus!” she scolded. “What are you doing?” she demanded as she quickly trotted down the stairs. Ferrus stepped back and Ventia placed herself between her husband and her first born.

“She was sneaking about outside the house.” Ferrus said vehemently. Ventia looked from Celestia to Ferrus.

“And since when is leaving the house such a crime?” Ventia asked, her ire rising. Ferrus fumed but did not answer his wife’s question. Ventia turned and knelt down by Celestia. Celestia was in tears, utterly afraid of her father’s wrath. Ventia took her daughter’s head in both of her hooves. Celestia looked up at her.

“Celestia, why didn’t you tell us you were going out? You could’ve gotten lost or hurt and we would’ve never known where you were or how to find you.” Celestia buried her face in her mother’s chest.

“I just wanted to go look at the palace, that’s all.” She sniffed and looked back at her mother.

“There was this strange stallion there saying all sorts of things.” that caught Ventia’s attention.

“What sorts of things sweetie, tell me.” She asked of her daughter.

“He said something about the star of stars or something. He told the other ponies to prepare their children for the coming.” Celestia said as she started to calm down. Ventia turned her head to lock eyes with her husband. Ferrus’ anger drained away. He knelt down and came closer to his daughter, the first time he had done so in months.

“What did he look like?” Ferrus asked. Celestia recoiled from her father a bit.

“H-he kept changing color, and his mane wouldn’t stand still.” Ferrus’ eyes widened some.

“Ventia,” he started. “Grab Luna and take her to my study.” Ferrus stood and made his way up the stairs. Ventia stood disbelief on her face.

“And what of Celestia?” she demanded. Ferrus stopped and looked down on his wife.

“There is very little time, and our efforts would be best focused on one of our children.” He calmly stated. Ventia gestured at Celestia.

“She was able to duplicate two of your most complex and difficult spells. At this age that is an impossibility to learn anything but minor levitation! You know that she should be the one to focus on if we were to focus our efforts at all.” Ventia was breathing heavily, her anger getting the better of her. Ferrus turned and began to make his way down the steps slowly.

“She is a lost cause. She would muddle it up somehow and not get selected.” Ferrus looked down at Celestia. Celestia tried her best to hide behind her mother. Ferrus shifted his gaze back to Ventia. “Luna is our last hope of having some name that is not tarnished.” With that Ferrus turned and quickly trotted up the stairs.

Ventia was fuming. She let out a little ‘ooh’ as her frustration peaked. She breathed deeply and turned to her daughter.

“Tia.” She said quietly. Celestia nodded, not sure of what just transpired. “Your father and I are going to be spending the next year or so helping your sister a lot.” Celestia nodded again. “Whatever book I give you, whatever spell I ask you to practice and learn you have to promise me that you will, okay?” Celestia nodded again. Ventia nodded. She stood and left her daughter in the foyer. “Good, now I have to go help your father.” she sighed as she finished her sentence and went up the stairs.

Celestia sat there in the foyer, confusion running through her mind. She didn’t know what to think of her parents or the strange stallion. She was glad, though, that she didn’t tell them about what he called her, doom bringer.