• Published 19th Nov 2012
  • 571 Views, 15 Comments

Casualty of Society - Hyper-Insomniac



Bizzy, a party-hard colt in a rock band, gets a different view of life from a certain purple unicorn

  • ...
3
 15
 571

T.H.T.

Bizzy shook his head, and swung his gaze towards the door, where Pinkie excitedly greeted her guests. He looked past the bouncing pink pony to see two mares, a turquoise pegasus with a rainbow colored mane, and beside her a purple mare, a quite attractive one at that. Bizzy tilted his head a bit more to get a better view. And thus the wheels began to turn...
Meanwhile, Pinkie kept hopping around her two friends going on and on about how excited she was to see them, and how happy they would be with their cupcakes.

The Rainbow maned mare was the first to get a word past Pinkie.

“Pinkie! We’re gonna be late for the picnic, get the cup cakes and let’s get a move on!”

Pinkie let out the world’s largest gasp.

“CUPCAKES!? Why didn’t you say so!?!”

She whirled around, and made an exagerated dash towards the cupcakes, but stopped in mid-dash, seemingly in mid air, and her eyes grew so wide it was a wonder her head could contain them.
“OH MY GOSH! You two didn’t meet my new friends yet! They’re new to Ponyville!” Pinkie grabbed her two friends by the hoof and dragged them to the table that Brownsound and Stevo were sitting at, and exclaimed “This is Brooooooowwwwwnnsound. He’s brown, and makes sound!” Pinkie giggled. “And this is Stevo!” Stevo opened his mouth to speak, but by the time words came out, Pinkie was at Bizzy and Bassbeat’s table. “THIS is Bassbeat!” He gave a small knod. “And this is Bizzy! Oh my GOSH, he has a purple mane, and so do you Twilight! That is SO COOL! Ohmygosh, I didn’t introduce you to the others!” Pinkie jumped onto Bizzy’s table, much to his surprise, and took a deep breath, and...
“ATTENTION BROWNSOUND, STEVO, BASSBEAT, AND BIZZY. THIS IS RAINBOWDASH.” she said pointing her forehooves at the turquoise pony. “AND THIS IS TWILIGHT.” She shouted, using the same hoof gestures. She hopped off the table, allowing everpony a moment’s recovery from the Pinkie-onslaught.

Rainbowdash turned towards Bizzy, narrowing her eyes.

“Don’t I know you? Yeah...you’re...OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH!!! TWILIGHT! This is Bizzy! BIZZY!”

Twilight blushed lightly.

“Um, who might that be?”

“YOU MEAN YOU DON’T KNOW? He’s the singer for Sum 41, the only thing almost as awesome as the Wonderbolts! I listen to them to pump me up for practise!”

Twilight looked slightly confused.

“Oh, sum forty one is a musical group? What genre? Folk, Classic, Contemporary? I’m sure I’ve read about those.”

Rainbow rolled her eyes and grumbled. “You are such and Egghead, Twilight. They’re only the BEST, COOLEST, most AWESOME band there is. And they use guitars, which are way cooler than those lame violins and stuff.”

Rainbow turned her attention back to Bizzy and the others, barely able to contain her excitement. “Best. Day. EVER! Hang on...” She turned around, with a copy of Sum’s newest CD, All Killer No Filler. “Could you guys sign it?” Rainbow’s muzzle spread into a huge smile, her eyes wide in anticipation.

Bizzy snapped out of his previous thoughts, and shrugged. “Sure, anything for a loyal fan.” The quartet each took turns inscribing their names onto the CD case. Rainbow took her signature-adorned case and squeed. All the while Twilight stood awkwardly to the side, trying to figure out how Sum 41 hadn’t come in her reading some time.

Bizzy’s attention went back to Twilight. She was awfully pretty, and her ignorance of music seemed kinda cute. She seemed like the type that one could have a great time discussing things over a coffee with or something. That might be nice...wait, he told himself, what the hell am I thinking? She’s hot, that’s it. But then that simple thought made him feel crude and stupid. But normally he didn’t. He managed to confuse himself, and he didn’t like it. He shook his head again, as if to shake away his thoughts. This was weird...

“We’re gonna be late!!” Pinkie exclaimed, balancing a box of cupcakes.

“But but but but but but!” Rainbow sputtered, “We can’t leave, this is the opportunity of a lifetime!”

Bizzy suddenly spoke up, and surprised himself. “Nah, go ahead, here, we have a show coming up in a few days, howabout I get you two some tickets? We should hang out before then Rainbow, maybe, and...Twilight.”

“OHMYGOSH! That’d be so awesome! Thankyouthankyouthankyouyhankyou!” Rainbow exclaimed, grabbing Bizzy’s hoof and shaking it furiously. “Me and Twilight’ll be there!”
Pinkie grabbed Rainbow, and Twilight, and the box of cupcakes, and led them out the door, Rainbow still crying thankyou’s, and a stunned and embarrassed Twilight saying “But..Rainbow...I can’t...but...but!”

As the trio left the shop, Bizzy settled into his chair, realizing, grimly, that they didn’t get their cake. He glanced back to the table, and shook with surprise as he saw a cake, a huge, yummy, mmm inducing chocolate cake. ‘How the hell did that get here...?’ He thought to himself. However, his wonder was put to rest the second he took a bite.

“Dig in guys!”

<=====oooOOOoooo=====>

“Why are you acting all weird, Twi?” Rainbow questioned her friend on the way to the picnic.

‘What are you talking about? I’m fine!” She said, flustered.

“You’re all....fidgety. Like I was before the Young Flyers Competition. What’s up?”

“Rainbow, I said NOTHING!”

“Ohhh, this is about Bizzy isn’t it? I TOTALLY saw what was going on there.”

“What in the wide world of Equestria are you talking about?”

“You were eyeing him up” Rainbow snickered.

“I. Was. Not! He smelled like alcohol and cigarettes, he was filthy, and smelly. He looked like a completely irresponsible, reckless, immature colt. I would never da- why are we even talking about this?” Twilight stammered.

“Well,” drawled Rainbow in a teasing tone, “If that’s true, why are you so worked up then?”

Twilight’s face burned. “I-I’m n-not!”

“Then what is the big deal.”

Twilight stopped walking, and looked at the ground sadly. “I....if you really need to know....” The purple mare sighed “...he was the first colt to ever ask to spend time with me...”

Rainbow looked at Twilight, her expression confused. “Really? Like, how? I mean, you’re pretty, smart, funny...I don’t believe it, quit pulling my leg Twi.”

Twilight sighed again, shaking her head. “Let’s get moving, we don’t want to miss the picnic.”