• Published 25th Aug 2011
  • 2,411 Views, 19 Comments

Equestria on the Brink - G-Money



Twilight Sparkle and her friends must save Princess Celestia before Equestria is doomed...forever.

  • ...
5
 19
 2,411

Chapter 1

Equestria on the Brink
by G-Money

Chapter 1

“So Pinkie Pie, what’s this party for?”

“Silly Twilight, don’t you know? It’s been 52 days since Gummy’s birthday! You know how Gummy loves parties!”

Twilight glanced at the expressionless alligator, who seemed completely oblivious to what was going on around him.

“And what’s so special about 52?” inquired Twilight.

“Well,” started Pinkie, “52 is 10 more than 42, and 42 is just such an awesome number – I’m sure you all remember Gummy’s 42-days-after-birthday-party – and you know, since 10 is an even number, and it ends in a 0, and it’s just so super-duper, it’s such a special occasion, and I just had to do this for Gummy! Do you know how many times each year someone is 52 days older than however old they were on their birthday? ONLY ONCE!!”

Everypony laughed at Pinkie’s ramblings. The group of friends couldn’t have been having a better time, enjoying themselves in the company of their closest companions. The cake was delicious, the festivities were manifold, and the seemingly endless supply of balloons and confetti emitted an atmosphere filled with summer fun.

But not everyone was laughing.

Spike stood silently in the corner of the room, rereading a scroll over and over. The baby dragon’s eyes filled with terror and his body began shaking.

“Twi-Twilight!?”

“What’s the matter, Spike?”

“Um…I, uh, I really think you should read this.”

“Why don’t you read it for us? I’m sure everypony would love to see how proud the Princess is of all that I’ve learned. I’m sure she’s just congratulating me on learning so many valuable lessons, all because of my best friends. Without my friends, I wouldn’t have had any friendship reports! You should read it so everypony can hear!”

“I-I-I can’t, Twilight. You read it.”

“Fine,” muttered Twilight as she levitated the scroll out of Spike’s hand and began to read:

My dearest and most faithful student, Twilight:

Thank you so very much for all that you have done. I couldn’t be more proud of you; your friendship reports have made me confident that there is hope for the future of Equestria. However, it is with deep regret that I inform you that Canter-

Twilight suddenly dropped the scroll and ran out of the room. Her friends gathered around the dropped scroll and silently read terrifying news:

However, it is with deep regret that I inform you that Canterlot has been overtaken by a gruesome horde, who march upon the Royal Palace as I write this. The entire Canterlot Guard has been wiped out, and Princess Luna and I cannot hold them off on our own. Our fate is inevitable; yours is not. You have strength in numbers. Defend Ponyville. Only with your friends can you save Equestria.

It has been been a pleasure knowing you and learning from you, Twilight Sparkle.

Your mentor,

Princess Celestia