• Published 11th Nov 2012
  • 1,577 Views, 79 Comments

Of Skalds and Gems - BIGBLACKINTOSH



( Skyrim/Equestria crossover ) A redguard bard gets thrown into Equestria and tells a tale

  • ...
5
 79
 1,577

Oh Sod

"Oh sod”. I managed to say before I was pelted with blasts of green energy I knew all too well as parelization.Multiple shots hit me in quick repetition. Luckily after so many magical mishaps at the college i learned to be over-cautious and carry with me 2 pieces of anti-magic items with me at all times. That gold ring just saved my hide. The Mare stopped firing magic and i just stood there perfectly still just for what Delvin would call "shits and giggles".

“Princess what are you doing?!” Yelled twilight.

“He was enthralling you with his spell!” She said who I now know as Celestia

“He was playing beautiful music and you just blasted him!” Yelled Rarity.

"You may have gone bit overboard sugarcube.”said Applejack

“I'm still here you know” I said suddenly

They all looked to me surprised

“Why are not a statue and how do you speak?” asked Celestia

“I carry with me enchanted items that can absorb magic at all times and I am human”

“Enchantments? Well you’re obviously not a neanderthal, why are you in my dimension what were you doing to my little ponies?” She asked (A/N: TWICE! that is exactingly how many times I’m going to say that damn line.)

“Like rarity said princess the monkey was just his guitar thing” said Rainbow

“Its called a lute” I said with distain.
What ‘eves she replied

“I still would like to know what you are doing in my dimension” said Celestia

‘I might as well not hold back’ I thought. “I was banished here by the deadric prince Azura. “

“What is a deadric prince, is he the lord of you dimention?” Asked twilight

“Yes and no daedric princes are powerful creatures from another dimension called oblivion that can interact with my dimension of nirn but do not rule over it as much as they believe to”

“There are more than one?” asked twilight

“16 to be precise” I said

“How can a kingdom function like that?”

“Nirn is not a kingdom its an entire dimension of different races, the aldmeri, bosmer,orcs,nords, argonian…” I went on.
“You still haven’t answered me”
“Oh sorry, I was banished here as part of my punishment.”
“What exactly did you do to be sent to another dimension?”
To explain I took out the sword I still had at my side
“This blade was once a mix of gem and stone that belonged to Azura but after what I did to it became this.”
They all stared at the blade not taking their eyes off of it
“How did this “gem” become a sword?” Asked Rarity.
“The gem itself was made by Azura to hold the souls of the living creatures I bound my rivals soul to it so that he could get the punishment he deserved.”
“What the hay did somepony do to get rangled up like that?”
I took a deep breath I didn’t want to have to tell these people so soon but it was going to be unavoidable.
“This man destroyed my village as a show of his strength and laughed as he did it.” I said.
They all reeled back at my statement with a look of horror.
“How could anypony do something like that?”
In the Aldmeri dominion all generals must have a great feat under their belt to reach that rank. Logain aegis or as the hammerfell resistance calls him the shield of terror, defeated my heavelily fortified town with only a ward.
I had long gotten over my emotions for that part of my sad tale but how my parents died that day is a story for those I would grow close to.
“That horrible, I hate to admit it but someone capable of that deserves to be locked in a prison”. Said Celestia.
I could hear sadness in her voice.
I would like to apologize and welcome you to our world Mr.…
“Onsi…Le’son onsi PrincessCelestia”
I held out my hand and she gladly shook it
“I’m glad we could get that out of the way but I regret to tell you may have fell from one disaster.”
‘You don’t know the half’ I thought
“Into another as we’ve been having problems with the dragons of volcano valley.” She said
“Wait dragons? What’s happened?” I asked
“They’ve been increasingly aggressive, attacking villages and destroying crops. And worst of all they are claiming to be conquering equestria.”
“I do not know if dragons of this world are anything like mine but how do they normally act?”
“You have dragons in your world?”
“Yes, but the dragons of my world were brought back from extinction by the demigod dragon alduin”
Celestia froze for a second with a expression that was bordering on pure fear. I recognized this look as it was the same look jarl balgruf was wearing when I told him of aduin.
“That name has been muttered among the dragons when they attack, they scream his name when they attack the towns. Rumors of a dragon black as night that soars through the skies faster than any dragon”
Now it was my turn to freeze in shock. I thought Alduin had gone back to the land of gods to be punished by akotosh but that had been a hope if anything.
Alduin has found a new dimention, one full of dragons of unknown strength.
‘well time to go back to work’ I thought as I recovered from my shock
“Have no fear princess Celestia, for have found your solution I said proudly
“What do you mean?” She asked
“Le’son says that he is a hero from his realm called a dragonborn”
Like most who didn’t understand the term Celestia looked confused
“Are you saying you are the son of a dragon?” She asked
“Urg no! why does everyone asked that!?, I’m sorry for the outburst but no. a dragonborn is a being of nirn who is blessed with a soul of a dragon and can use his or her voice use their shouts.”
Now everyone looked confused. ‘Well it’s time for the long version’ I thought.
“Do your dragons have their own language here?”
“No they speak common just like us.” said Celestia
“In my world their language contain words of power, words if stringed together, can construct a powerful effect.”
I looked to spike. Hopefully with dragon attacks these ponies have become accustomed to deadly force. Being a dragon himself, the little one was taking all this talk about his kind with ease.
“Spike would you like to learn a word of power?”
“Oh can I twi?”
“What are you planning to do?”
“I’m going to teach him to blow fire using a word of power.”
“Can you that?”
I nodded
“That sounds really dangerous and spike could get hurt.” Fluttershy said from behind the couch…again. She must have jumped back there when celestia showed up.
“Come on dude, he already knows how to blow fire and how can you just speak and blow fire?” Rainbow said with condescending doubt.
She almost sounds like those haughty high elf women from summerset isles. So damn proud until someone shows them up.
“So can I Twi huh please?” Spike said with excitement in his voice.
“Alright, but how will this work?”
“Simple I project the word onto the ground, he reads it, and I shall transfer my knowledge of the shout to him.”
I stared at the floor in front of Spike and take deep breath. After aduin’s defeat I spent about 2 years training with the grey beards, honing my abilities with the shouts. By the second year I was able to call odavieg and duriener with enough power to make them react quickly. I was also able to channel storm call and point out my targets, raining lightning were ever I wanted to. Along the way the greybeards also taught me ways of teaching the voice to others.or at least I figured that one out on my own, they couldn’t teach me everything.
“YOL.” I said projecting the dragon scratch on the floor.
“What is that chicken scratch?” Asked applejack.
“Its dragonscratch to be procise now watch. Spike that is YOL, fire, read this word and keep the writing in your mind.”
Spike stared at the dragonscratch not taking his eyes of it.
“Now Spike listen carefully, take a deep breath and don’t let it out until I say so”
He did as I asked and I then transferred some of my understanding of the word. He glowed with red light.
“Now breath and I want you to yell this word at me shout it!”
He let out his breath and took a stance. He took another deep breath and shouted…
“YOL!” A ball of flame came towards me and quickly dissipated . it was a really good try but then again I did have a ring that could absorb any magic that came at me.
I was unfazed but spike was beaming.
“Oh my gosh spike that was great!” Twilight yelled and pulled spike in for a bearhug.
“I’ve never seen anything like that, can you teach anyone this?”
“Yes but it would take you at least a year or two to just do YOL and it would be weak.”
“You don’t know me or my protégé very well.” Celestia said with pride.
“Trust me I’m the best mage of my realm and met others of my caliber, this is not simple magic but a powerful language.” I explained
“Well then I’d just have to learn it inside in out.” twilight challenged
“I will try to teach you but we still have the”-*CRASH* There was a very loud crash coming from outside. I looked outside a nearby window to see a skinny but very tall black and blue dragon.its eyes glowed black but beamed with intelligence. It was throwing what seemed to be carts full of good at anything that moved.
It was my time to show off. I insta-changed into my black, sleeveless chainmail, silver pants, and boots.
“Maybe its time I show you what I can do?” I said with confidence
“Let this be your trail Mr.Onsi, if you can chase off this dragon…"she looked to Fluttershy who was giving Celestia the most pleading look. “…WITHOUT killing it, you shall be given citizenship and amnesty of whatever crimes you may have committed. Now go and prove yourself.”
"Gladly" I said before spotting the door and running off to face my first equestrian dragon