• Published 11th Nov 2012
  • 800 Views, 8 Comments

I Want to Be like You - Dlamb



This is a emotional story of Dinky Hooves never fitting in but trying to find her way.

  • ...
 8
 800

The Wubs

Derpy speeding through the air so fast she can feel the friction in the air as she continued to chase that butterfly from before. Taking turns so fast that even a familiar rainbow mare could think that it was something to be amazed about. Then all of a sudden the butterfly just stops and Derpy speeds right by it. Derpy then looking back wondered why the butterfly had stopped but in Derpy's confusion she hadn't seen where she was going. The gray mare shattering a window going through the house of Vinyl Scratch, bouncing off of a large speaker and knocking over Vinyl's favorite turn table as she was in the room.

"Hey, Hey, Hey. Come on girl don't wreck my wub station." Vinyl said as she rushes to Derpy picking her up so she can get to her turn table.

"Wub. Whats a wub?" Derpy said as her eyes stopped rolling from after her crash.

"What are wubs?" Vinyl shockingly said back to the confused gray mare. "Wubs is what everpony needs to love and live for in their every day life. Not only as an experience but as a life style that ponies from all over Equestria would want to know more about if anypony has ever heard it. Me myself make the best wubs that anypony has ever heard. Well thats what the hardcore wub listeners say in Canterlot." Explaind Vinyl with the most excited and pleased face anypony has ever seened.

"I still don't get it." Derpy said to the now upset mare.

"Let we say it in a different way. Its a type of music called dubstep. Here let me show you." Vinyl said as she made her way to the volume controls and turning it full blast.

Derpy could hear the static from the speaker that it was so loud. Derpy so scared didn't know what to do she wanted to listen but the speakers were as tall as the room and were every where. Vinyl puts on her headphones that are attached to the turn table. Then Vinyl starts the track. The music so loud it shook the entire house, the bass pumped adrenalin, the scratches made Derpy have goosebumps this was something new for the gray mare. She felt confident about where she was and who she was. The wubs took her mind off the fact that some ponies made fun of her for her eyes but she never really knew why the other ponies did that. It must have been a way for the other ponies to seem better of themselves than what they truly were. As the track was still pumping Derpy got up by the side of Vinyl and just stared at her for the longest time. Vinyl looked back but she wasn't positive that Derpy was looking at her with her eyes looking like they were all over the room. Vinyl got to a silent part to the track, the scratching was still going the bass had stop, it was the build up. The scratches grew louder and louder then a sudden stop, it was silent, it almost seemed as if the world had stopped for the to mares as the locked eyes. Then the loudest most amazing bass drop that ponies could hear miles away could as if they were in the room with them. This went on for another minute and a half until it came to a gentle stop of pure satisfaction. Derpy never wanted that moment to stop and she knew that with Vinyl that moment never did have to stop. Vinyl turning off the speakers and her turn table, setting down her headphones looked back up at Derpy to see that she was only inches away from her.

"How was that." Vinyl said with a smile on her face. "Its still a working process bu-" Vinyl was cut off by the gray mare for her lips were on Vinyl's. Vinyl so shocked and confused on what just happened. Why was she kissing me? Does she like me? Vinyl thought but didn't pay much attention to it because Vinyl had thought of a moment with Derpy like this for as long as she had known the gray mare. Vinyl just letting it happen felt so happy she knew that it was meant to be in that one kiss she knew that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with Derpy and raise a family with her. Derpy started to pull away from Vinyl but Vinyl didn't want to stop for she was in love but she let it happen any ways. Derpy looked into Vinyl's big beautiful red eyes as Vinyl looked back into Derpy's great yellow eyes.

"I wub you." Derpy whispered to the Dj pony.

"I wub you too." Vinyl said with commitment to their new forever love.

"Want to do it for a little longer as we listen to more wubs?" Derpy said.

"That sounds great!"Vinyl said as she used he magic to start the next recorded track on her speakers.

And just like that the two mares went at it again, not caring who saw them because to them, the two mares in love, they didn't care for what any other pony had to comment on the situation. All they cared about was them staying warm, being together and listening to wubs.

The next morning Derpy woke up next to Vinyl. At first she wasn't sure why she was there then she remembered the night before about how perfect it was and who she spent it with.

"Hi. Good morning." Derpy said still half asleep.

"Hi... Wait I have a question." Vinyl said very concern.

"What is it?" Derpy said

"Wheres your daughter?" Vinyl said as she turned to face Derpy.

By the time Vinyl did take to turn Derpy was already gone. Derpy soaring the sky looking for her daughter.

"Damn it how did I forget her." Derpy muttered to herself.

Derpy then had an idea after looking for half an hour she would go to the school and ask miss Cheerilee where she was at. Derpy Gliding down the halls looking for her bursting through the class room and grabbing miss Cheerilee.

"Do you know where she is. My daughter Dinky Hooves?" Derpy said out of breath.

"Theres a note." Cheerilee said pointing to a folded piece of paper.

Derpy picks up the note and reads it in sheer terror. The note said "Mom if you get this message I want you to know that I'm fine but I need to find Zecora to learn a bit more to what happen to me the other day. I'm with the Cutie mark Crusaders so I'll be covered all the way there to her. But I ask you please don't come to find me I'll be fine as long as I have my friends by my side and the help of Zecora teaching me how to control my magic. Sincerely your little girl, Dinky." Derpy breaking into tears falls to the floor and... Smiling.

"Runs in the family, but I was hoping that it would skip a generation." Derpy said as her tears bounced on the paper.

"What runs in the family?" As Vinyl enters the classroom panting heavily from running as fast as she could after Derpy.

Derpy looks up at her and says "The power curse."