• Published 10th Nov 2012
  • 763 Views, 2 Comments

Sword of Discord - Face on Fire!!



A powerful sword falls into the hooves of a young fencing student

  • ...
 2
 763

Choose Your Weapon

Choose Your Weapon

By Face on Fire!!

Celestia paced nervously around the entrance hall of the palace. She hadn’t been this nervous since the last time she had called on Twilight Sparkle and her friends, when Discord returned. She hoped her message hadn’t gotten Twilight or her friends worried. She had tried to send a calm, casual sounding letter to her faithful student, despite the grave danger they were all in. But when Twilight and her arrived, the princess could see that they were clearly worried anyway.

Twilight could see that the princess was also worried about something. The letter had sounded urgent enough, but the look in the princess’s eyes made Twilight certain that something was up.

“Princess Celestia,” Twilight addressed the white alicorn. “We came as soon as we got your letter. What’s going on? Is someone in danger?”

The princess motioned for the six friends to follow her. “All of Equestria may be in danger. A young colt in Ponyville, a fencing student by the name of Sabre, has recently come into possession of a very powerful weapon called the Sword of Discord. According to legend, the Sword of Discord is supposed to have the power to both summon and defeat Discord. It should have never fallen into his possession. Whenever he feels challenged, the sword fills him with a powerful combat rage that makes him a very formidable opponent, and he is too young to know how to properly control that kind of power. He has already bested two royal guard stallions single handedly.”

Celestia then gave the six friends their Elements of Harmony. “I have placed a temporary enchantment on your elements that should give you the combat skills necessary to defeat Sabre before the power of the sword overwhelms him. Now you will each need to choose a sword of your own.” Celestia used her magic to open a large wooden cabinet. Inside was a selection of fine swords.

Twilight chose a simple, basic, mid evil style sword. Rainbow Dash chose a similar sword, but hers lacked the cross-guard. Pinkie Pie chose a sword with blades on both ends of the handle that could detach and become two separate swords. Rarity chose a black katana because it looked “elegant” to her. Applejack took the long, heavy sword because it took all of the strength she had gained working on the farm to lift it. Fluttershy had chosen a simple, grey cutlass.

"One last word of advice," Celestia addressed the group a final time, "Only use your swords as a last resort. Do not engage in combat unless he challenges you first. He is a vary well trained fencing student, and he will most likely rely to his training in order to defeat you. But he is also very adaptable, especially with the powers of the sword. If you must fight him, fight with great caution."

"It may be best if we travel in pairs," Applejack proposed. "That way, it'll be two to one and that might convince him not to fight us."

"But what if being outnumbered only compels him to attack?" Rainbow Dash objected. "If we go alone, maybe he won't feel as threatened."

"I like Applejack's idea better," Fluttershy said softly. All the talk about fighting was obviously getting to her.

"Both are really good ideas," Twilight said. "I think that some of us should go together and then split up later so that we can fan out and cover more ground." AJ and Rainbow both nodded in agreement.

Applejack then turned to look at Fluttershy, who was obviously very nervous. "Y'all can come with me if you want."

With their plan in place the six friends, armed with their Elements of Harmony and their swords, then decided to split up and try to locate Sabre and the Sword of Discord.