• Published 15th Jan 2012
  • 634 Views, 2 Comments

Reconciliation - OliveDrab



Two years after Olives death Twilight Sparkle must finally come to grips with her loss

  • ...
 2
 634

Saints and stallions

The salt lick bar in Manehattan was mostly empty when the stranger walked in. "you in the corner, come here." The stranger ordered. The black pegasus rose slowly. "You better have more respect for a guard." Said the black stallion."You wouldn't want to get in a fight." just then the stranger lowered his scarf just enough to pull a manticore claw out of his pack. The black stallion cringed as the stranger held the deadly weapon at this throat. "I've fought guards before." Said the stranger. The black stallion suddenly dropped back and kicked the strangers legs, knocking him off balance. "You are under arrest for assault on a guard and possession of a deadly weap-..." The black stallion suddenly froze as the stranger kicked him in the face...

"Wake up!" The black stallion heard "wake up Red." suddenly Red Lightning was awake again. "Who are you?" He asked. "Its not important who I am." Said the stranger. "I'm sorry I had to pull the claw on you, but I need your full cooperation." Red Lightning was still confused. "How do you know my name?" He asked. The stranger simply tossed a royal ID card across the table. "Alright you've got questions I may or may not have an answer." Red proposed. "My only question regards this colt." The stranger said as he passed an old wanted poster to Red. "What do I know about him?" Red looked up. "Too much if you ask me." He sighed. "I was just a colt back then, didn't even know exactly who I was protecting. My orders were straight from Celestia: protect the golden lightning." Red ordered another salt cube. "He died in a fight with a mannticore, crushed by a rock slide trying to save his father." The stranger looked emotionless with his scarf and goggles but he nodded his head. "And you saw him die?" He inquired. "No I was the first to find his father dying slowly in the forest. When I asked for the golden lightning he only pointed to the pile of rubble and whispered his real name." Red replied. "What was the name?" The stranger asked. Red looked down and closed his eyes, obviously returning to the scene of his greatest failure. "Olive Drab." He finally stated. When he looked up the stranger was gone.