• Published 3rd Nov 2012
  • 1,225 Views, 9 Comments

Finding the Truth - allthatchris



A human is transported to equestria and his destiny becomes intertwined with the Mane 6.

  • ...
4
 9
 1,225

Settling in

Chapter 3

“Sorry about the mess,” she said to Chris as she unlocked her front door. “I was up most of the night researching… you.” Chris made a face, his anguish and akwardness revealing itself. ”Oh, hah, sorry. That sounded weird didn't it.” She continued into her home. As Chris entered, he paused to take in his surroundings. The first thing he saw were piles and piles of books. Some were open, some were tossed to the side, and some were lined up in a row in front of her desk. He stared at the shelves that covered the entire living room, which were mostly filled with books as well. She wasn't kidding, he thought, she lived in an actual library.

“Please make yourself at home,” she said, “the spare cot is set up in the other room.” She yawned.” My assistant spike is on an errand to pick up a book from fillydelphia, and won't be back until tomorrow. If you need anything, please let me know.” She smiled, her face showing the signs of a long day. She yawned again, louder and longer this time. Chris still didn’t know much about this world, but if a strage creature showed up in his home, he knew it would probably wear him out too.

As soon as that thought crossed his mind, his senses awoke and his body ached. He realized he was exhausted as well. “I think it's bed time for me,” she said as she let out a laugh. Chris smiled. His watch said 8pm, and he was wide awake. He bowed to the lavender mare. “Thank you for your hospitality Ms. Twilight. I appreciate all you and the others have done for me.” He paused for a second, then continued. “I'll see you in the morning. I'd like to gather my thoughts and discuss some things with you and the others. If that's okay”, he added on the end. He certainly didn't want to anger or upset anyone, especially after his interaction with the princess. The memory flashed before him as he shivered.

Twilight was already heading toward her bed though and didn't notice his uneasy temperament. “Okay Chris, I think we can arrange that. Goodnight~” she said in almost a singing pitch as she exited the room. The minute she was out of the room, Chris felt his brain light up. He had so many questions, and he was never one for patience.

As quietly as possible, he walked around the stacks of books all across the floor towards the row of books on the desk. He looked at the row of neatly placed books and read the titles: A History of Equestria, the Elements; a Reference Guide, and finally, a Guide to the Galaxy and other Life Forms.

She was researching him, he realized with a frown.’ I suppose I should’ve figured that out,’ he thought to himself. His brow furrowed. ‘They still don’t trust me,’ he thought with a sigh. However, he wasn't sure he blamed them. ‘After all, the human race as a whole is pretty dark natured,’ he thought to himself. He picked up the equestrian history book and the elements reference guide. He wanted answers and didn't plan on waiting.

After what seemed like no time at all, he closed the history book and glanced at his watch. It read 2:30, although he wasn't sure if it was still working. He had learned almost everything he wanted to know about this new place he was in after getting lost in the book. He had always lost track of time when he set his mind to a goal.

He now fully understood why the princess didn't trust him quite fully yet; The ponyfolk and the humans once lived as one. When the magic came to the ponies, it came to the humans as well. However, it affected the species in different ways. The humans gained the two things they were missing, knowledge and strength. The ponies gained emotions: honesty, kindness, laughter, generosity, and loyalty. The humans became resentful to the ponies. It seemed the magic had favored the ponies. The commonfolk had begun to treat the humans differently, slowly outcasting them even against the princess's wishes. The humans were shoved and shoved until they rose up against the ponies. After a long and violent war, a treaty was agreed upon. The ponyfolk would stay in Equestria. The humans were few in numbers and did not have the capabilities to protect the magical land from the dangers it presented like the ponies could, so they agreed to travel out to the distant planet known as Earth.

He sighed and slid back in his bed. The humans had two elements, and he is the reincarnation of the element of strength. So was it possible the element of knowledge was another human, and traveled into this world as well? ‘No, it isn’t possible,’ he thought to himself. ‘No one followed me into this world, at least not to my knowledge.’ He laughed at the irony of that thought; he was, after all, strength and not knowledge. He rolled over and soon his thoughts allowed him to sleep.

As he did, twilight passed by his room. She had risen to get some water, but stopped at Chris's door. ‘Oh Celestia, please believe in Chris as I do,’ she thought. She smiled as her horn lit up. She used her magic to cover him with the blanket and close his book. She smiled as she watched him for a minute.

‘He looks kinda cute,’ she thought, ‘you know, in a foreign kinda way.’ She blushed a bright red at the realization of her thoughts. She quickly expunged the thoughts from her head as she walked out of the room, closing the door behind her.
She had way too much to think about before she could let her mind wander like that, and she knew she couldn't get attached. ‘No telling what would happen,’ she thought as she yawned. Only time will tell. She climbed into her bed and began to doze soundly asleep.