• Published 7th Jan 2012
  • 3,536 Views, 51 Comments

Stonershy - SteampunkBrony



Fluttershy on weed? boy do i have some odd ideas (don't kill meh)

  • ...
3
 51
 3,536

That strange plant.

A/N: sorry if the intro here isn't the best, It's main purpose is to just set the scene, well that and to try to get my storywriting gears turning, who knew brass could get rusty...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The door to the Ponyville library swung open quietly as a certain timid yellow pegasus stepped in. she waited for a moment for her friend, the librarian to see who arrived.

after a few minutes it was pretty clear that no one was coming to meet her at the door.

"Um... Twilight? are you here?" Fluttershy asked quietly as she looked around the library. Walking over to the shelves she decided to look for the book she came for herself.

That's strange, Twilight's usually here... oh I hope nothing happened to her... Fluttershy thought as she scanned the many shelves of the Ponyville library. Now, where is that book on herbal remedies... oh, there it is, I'd recognize that green cover anywhere. She thought picking up the copy of Supernaturals, I know I saw that strange plant in here.

Fluttershy kept looking around for twilight but the studious purple unicorn was nowhere to be found. Hmm... well she did say if she ever wasn't in to just leave a note, I suppose I can just do that. She thought as she found a notepad and a quill.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

A short time later Fluttershy was back in her cottage on the edge of the Everfree, the strange plant she had found was sitting in a clay pot on her table, with the yellow pegasus sitting in front of it, flipping through Supernaturals. Angel was sitting by the plant looking at it. "Ah, here we are angel." she said happily. "Cannabis Sativa... also known as Marijuana... odd name, sound marexican..." Fluttershy said chuckling slightly. "Hmm... it says here that a common use is to smoke the bud like flowers to relax. It's not poisonous either."

Angel nodded, then hopped off the table. "Angel, where are you... oh?" Fluttershy said as she followed the rabbit as he reached into a small wooden box that held some of her father's possessions that he had passed on to her. Angel proceeded to pull out a polished wooden pipe and a small lighter, holding it out to her. "Hmm? you want me to have those? but they're already mine?" Fluttershy said, confused. The rabbit facepawed and hopped over to the plant and pointed at it. "Something about that plant? are you hungry?" Fluttershy asked, still not getting the rather obvious point. Angel deadpaned and pointed at the book, pipe and plant respectively. After a moment where you swore you could see the gears turning in Fluttershy's head she got the picture. "Oh, I can smoke it with that... I don't know angel, what if we don't have the right plant?"

The rabbit sighed and hopped over to the book, double checking everything about the plant to make sure it's the right one. He then proceeded to pick one of the buds, break of a small piece, place it in the pipe and light the lighter. Taking a pull the small rabbit was soon coughing slightly, but quickly recovered, giving Fluttershy the thumbs up.

"Well... if you're sure..." She said, emptying out the ashes from the pipe and placing the rest of the bud into the pipe.