• Published 1st Nov 2012
  • 3,177 Views, 39 Comments

A Perfect Student - ThatHandsomeDevil



Twilight Sparkle is nothing but a perfect weapon. So what happens when she figures that out?

  • ...
10
 39
 3,177

8

Five ponies and a baby dragon stood in front of a stone statue in Canterlot Garden the next day. It was awkward, standing there without the glue that held the group together.

Applejack was the first to speak. She was always the one to take lead. She removed her hat, clearing her throat.

"Twilight. Even if you weren't really a pony, you were really our friend. Ah’ll never forget you, Sugarcube. You’re a member of the Apple family now. Forever and always."

Rarity was next.

"Twilight. You were every bit as real as we made you, and no matter what your origins, nothing will ever change that. Every one of us loved you, like a sister. That I know, for certain. I will never forget you."

Fluttershy came third, finding the courage to speak

"Twilight. You helped us all come together as friends, and see the best in ourselves. Thanks to you, I know that friendship really is magic. I... I’ll never forget you. Not ever."

Pinkie Pie was fourth. She was surprisingly solemn, an out of character trait that couldn’t be more appropriate at a moment like this.

"Twilight. You helped us to know that anypony can come from anywhere and still make great friends. Make them laugh and smile. I’ll never ever ever ever ever forget you. That’s four ‘ever’s’."

Rainbow Dash was last. And, for once, that didn’t bother her. Not when faced with something like this

"And you taught me the value of looking past the cover of a book... And so much more... I swear, on my hopes, my dreams, on everything I believe in... I will never forget you."

Spike was the only one who didn’t speak. He hadn’t left from the spot she was since she’d been placed there, after all, since he’d be living with Luna now. Anything that could be said already had, and the rest of the group knew that.

Luna arrived, her hooves striking the ground behind them barely audible.

"My apologies, loyal subjects. I.... was speaking to my sister."

Nopony responded directly to the princess, but they all looked back at the enormous and intricate tomb a little ways off, covered with beautiful flowers, with a sun carved into the side.

Spike retrieved a piece of parchment, closed with the traditional red band with a gold piece with a “C” carved in it.

“We found this... In Celestia’s room. Twilight made me send it before we left. I didn’t know what was on it. She made me send a letter before that saying we were going to the archives, so I imagine Celestia read that and left immediately. It’s still sealed, so she never got to read it.”

The group didn’t speak. Not even the princess. They stood in silence as spike began to read what was written on the paper. Twilight Sparkle’s final rite.

* * *

From the desk of Princess Celestia:

Dear Princess Celestia,

This will most likely be my final report, as I'm unsure of what I may do from this point on. There are these horrendous dreams I've been having for many months now, all the same concept but with differing consequences. I feel a legitimate fear of them, a fear that I have not known even when faced with the most powerful evil that I've known in Equestria. With this in mind I feel as though there is something far more evil lying dormant within me, perhaps in repressed memories. This is the one report that I would like a reply to. I don't know how but I think you can help me, as though you have some role in all of what's going on. This evil I can feel, I know it could overpower any evil I've faced, so I want you to promise me Princess, that if I hurt anybody, I want you to be the one that stops me. Especially if it’s you, or my friends, because, as you have taught me... Friendship is magic.

Your student, faithful as always, Twilight Sparkle.