• Published 31st Oct 2012
  • 1,244 Views, 118 Comments

Bounty Hunters 3: Genesis - Jasper77W



Rainbow and Octavia plunge into a terrifying new reality in this final story of the trilogy.

  • ...
9
 118
 1,244

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 58: Failing Faith

"Rainbow!" The voice was dull and faded, as if traveling through inch thick rubber. Rainbow could barely make out the words, everything was slurred. Plus her eyes weren't exactly fully open- half closed, and everything beyond was just a colorful blend that she couldn't make out. But she could tell where the sky was- it was the light blue that seemingly stretched infinitely before her. "Sis! WAKE UP!!"

She stirred, too tired to open her eyes fully. She could feel something on the right side of her face, and she tried to wipe it off with her right hoof. Nothing came up to touch her face- but she guessed she was just too tired.

She looked up at Dainty, trying to focus her vision. Why was it so hard to focus? The moment she thought she might have had it, it just faded back to a blur.

"Get back! Buck... She's in rough shape. We need to stop the bleeding! Now!"

The words didn't mean much to Rainbow. The only thing that crossed her mind...

The last image she had. Applebloom, with the rocket impaled in her chest. Did she survive...? And Octavia... She was right next to her too...

"Tavi... Applebloom..." She muttered, her speech slurred. Nothing made any sense.

Finally her vision focused, and she saw the worry on Dainty's face. Lily was nearby, doing whatever she could to help with the medics.

Why was she worried? There's nothing to worry about... Rainbow was just... Tired.

"Gah... Can't feel my right ar-" she started, looking to her right to check if it was okay. Instead she found a bloody stump and a pool of blood.

Instantly her heart dropped, a feeling of loss overcoming her. Then she noticed something else- she could see the left half of her muzzle. Often she couldn't see any part of it....

She closed her left eye, keeping her right open.

Nothing.

She opened her left eye again, realizing her right eye wasn't functioning. Damnit, now she's half blind too. But what happened to her right eye anyway...? Oh wait, there it is. Lying on the ground with a severed optical nerve just a few feet away.

All she could do was sigh. There was absolutely nothing she could do, and could only let the medic ponies work their magic.

"Celestia's buttery backside! The hay happened here!?" Daring Do ran into sight, peering down at her with a concerned frown and a mouth that was slightly agape. "Is she even still alive?"

"We're trying!" One of the medic ponies hummed impatiently.

"Daring..." Rainbow spoke, tapping the floor with a hoof urgently. "Daring... I need you to check Octavia... And Applebloom... Check anypony else in the area... See if they're hurt..."

Daring nodded, pressing her lips shut and quickly darting away.

"Sis, please... Worry about yourself for once." Dainty said, curling up by her side and shivering. "You're in no better condition than we are! You need to stop worrying about us..."

Rainbow just stared up at the sky. But of course, she couldn't help it. She knows her own limits, and she was at the edge. Not there just yet, and definitely not over. But she can't say the same for the others, and that's why it concerns her.

I won't let anyone else I care about die. Ever again.

That was her vowel to herself when she chose the path she walked upon now. A vowel she had repeatedly failed, even though she tried her best. Even though she did all she could.

And that was the worst part- knowing she had done her best, knowing she had done all she could. Some would say that she should find comfort in knowing so, in knowing she could have done nothing more.

Best. Boy, how she hated that word. Once she may have liked that word, she may have set it as a goal. But once you've reached your best, you begin to resent it. Because once there is a 'best', there will never be a 'better' ever again. Or else it wasn't the 'best'.

And knowing that she had done her best, she realized truly just how powerless she really was.

Limits. She never liked those. Limits. Restrictions. Same thing. A line that cannot be crossed, simply because it wasn't possible. And now she was standing before that line, having reached her 'best'. Having reached the point where she could no longer walk forward, having saved nothing.

But maybe she did manage to save something.

She reached over and pulled Dainty into a hug, careful not to get any of her blood on her. She could feel the metal necklace against her chest, warmed by her own body heat. The one Dainty had made her, reminding her who she really was.

She was Rainbow Dash. The new voice of the rebellion. One of the heroes of the war against the Science Faction.

But that didn't make her even the tiniest bit happier. Instead it only made her sadder. How did a pony like this deserve those titles? She had one goal- one simple goal- to make sure her friends were safe. And she had failed that objective before she even started.

"Applebloom... She didn't make it... Did she...." It was more of a statement than a question.

Dainty didn't reply. She may have only known Applebloom as the technician that made all the freaky hardware, but it scared her to know that that was one more familiar face she'd never see again.

"We've fixed up the wounds- but you'll need to stay in bed until we can get some implants running." The medic gave her a light tap on the forehead, making sure she was still conscious.

Rainbow let out a grim sigh. And now she was pretty much being retired, with no chance to participate in the war anymore. She really had done all she could.

"Let's get her to a med tent first. The Tower's being evacuated." Another med joined in.

"Hey! You think you got enough left in you to walk? We'll help." The other med waved a hoof in front of her eyes.

"Yeah, I can walk." Rainbow muttered, her mind elsewhere. But wherever it was, it instantly snapped back when she tried to sit up. The effort alone made her sweat and run out of breath.

She slowly got to her hooves, one of the meds helping her up by slinging her remaining arm over his shoulder. She let him take her weight, not bothering to hide how tired she was anymore. After all, what was the point?

She looked around. Octavia was still unconscious, but definitely alive and being treated by a few medics. There was absolutely no sign of Applebloom but a splatter of blood on the floor, scattered around it the remains of her exo-suit. She looked up- Magnum should be on that tower, but wasn't.

"Where'd Magnum go?" She asked, breathing heavily as the med helped her take a step forward.

"She went chasing after whoever shot the rocket." Dainty said. "Went in the direction of the CMC tower."

"Tower...?" Rainbow looked up at the skyscraper. "Wait... You..." She jabbed the med helping her lightly on the shoulder. "You said the tower was being evacuated... Why?"

"See the red smoke?"

"Yeah..."

"Some sort of marker for a bombing run." The med said. "Probably nothing to worry about, I heard our Apollos already took out their bombers before they could get here. Bet you those buckers didn't see it coming! Hehe."

Rainbow just stared. If the bombing operation was directed by Val, easy would never be good... So instead of looking relieved, the worried expression only hardened on her face.

And the green glow that suddenly appeared in the sky above the tower didn't help by the slightest.

"What the hay...?" The med looked up, a hoof over his eyes to block out the sun as he joined the many others who were all staring up at the sky above the CMC tower.

It wasn't a neon green. It was an evil, dark green. Almost black, but the highly concentrated green seemed to leak from the dark void. Clouds were circling around the glowing spot as if a tornado was forming.

Rainbow could feel an odd buzz in the air. It made her mane lift slightly, and her skin tingle. This was not good at all.

No... Not Magnum too...

Then a bright green shockwave tore through the clouds surrounding the spot, from the epicenter of it shooting down a beam of dark green surrounded by a neon green shroud. The beam of dark-matter struck the tower dead center, tearing right through the currently tallest standing structure on the planet. It hit the earth, the beam curling away from its source and turning into a mass of dark-matter at the base of the tower.

The conflicting gravity fields from the individual dark-matter particles tore the base apart, shredding the tower almost into individual atoms as it fell.

And anypony inside.

The dark-matter orb's influence expanded, reaching all around the tower. Vehicles were torn out of the sky, billboards ripped from buildings half a kilometer away. Trees joined a mass of building materials in the chaotic storm of everything currently surrounding the sphere of dark-matter, and Rainbow heard horrified gasps and screams of terror all around her.

She didn't budge herself, and ignored the curses the med next to her was throwing at the dark-matter bomb.

The CMC tower was completely gone. Beams of green light shone through the masses of destructed buildings, vehicles and citizens of Haven, and finally with a deafening *FWOMP* everything caught by the bond exploded outwards.

Carcasses of sky buses tumbled across the streets, huge fractions of metal skyscrapers slamming through the few that were still standing.

Rainbow and the ponies around her were standing on the Wall, the very border and now the highest point in Haven. They could only watch as the city they came to love, no matter how long they've been here, followed its founder and went straight to wherever dead things go.

Ponies were crying now. Sadness overcoming the initial shock of seeing the dark-matter cannon charging.

But there were no tears for the rainbow maned pegasus, even if her little sister was crying into her side. No tears whatsoever.

Just a dull, hopeless sadness.

Magnum had been in the epicenter of that. There was no way she could've survived. She just died along with the rest of those ponies, the rest being a few thousand. Maybe tens of thousands. All gone in less than a minute.

*

Magnum ripped her gaze away from the green glow in the sky above, grabbed Thyme and threw both her and herself off the side of the landing pad.

A split second later a beam of dark-matter shot out of the sky, hitting the tip of the CMC tower and shredding it on contact. Chunks of metal flew everywhere, raining down on the small area around the tower.

The beam continued, sending masses of building material blowing out the side of the tower as it tore through all the different floors.

Magnum could see with horrifying detail the beam tearing through each floor through the windows as she fell. Ponies being instantly reduced to crimson mist, others being crushed by flying chunks of debris- all having their faces locked in a moment of pain and horror.

She looked away, and saw one of the jetpack ponies fly down and snatch up Thyme. At least she was safe- for now.

She felt another dig her arms under her shoulders, and watched as her descent slowed and stopped altogether as the jetpack pony flew her away from the tower.

She could hear the jet trooper's jetpack struggling against the heavy orb of gravity dragging them backwards. Parts of buildings from far away came flying towards them, and it was becoming increasingly difficult for the jet trooper to avoid all the debris coming their way.

Magnum heard a large chunk of concrete whoosh by. Then she watched in horror as the entire northern wall of a building tore off, the huge surface of concrete and metal shoving its way through the air.

The jet trooper seemed paralyzed by fear- she had no idea what to do. And there was absolutely nothing Magnum could do but hope.

She made it through one of the open windows of the wall, but the jet trooper wasn't so lucky. Her head slammed into the narrow frame with a bone-shattering crack, and went tumbling back into oblivion with the wall.

Magnum looked behind her at where the pony was a second ago. Another one lost.

She quickly checked the grapple mounted to her wrist, making sure it was on and looking around frantically for something to grab onto.

Despite how far she'd fallen down the side of the tower, she was still at least fifty stories up in the air.

She angled herself, her hooves hitting a falling piece of hull armor. It still had half of some sort of advertisement printed to it- must be from a sky bus. She leaped off, reaching out and firing the grapple down at a nearby building.

She tugged, the energy cable winding up and sending her hurtling towards the roof of the building.

Too bad it was lifting up and slowly behind dragged into the storm behind her.

She landed, but already could feel the roof rising beneath her hooves. She could even feel herself slowly being tugged up into nothingness. The floor was falling apart, crumbling under the effects of dark-matter. She could feel her own skin tingle as well.

With a loud click she deployed the double knives mounted to the grapple by default, and used them to tear the ground open. She almost fell through, but hovered in the air for a short second under the influence of the foreign gravity source. Then she collapsed onto the floor below, her back hitting the carpet.

She scrambled up, ignoring the odd feeling in her shoulder and barely catching her breath.

The floor behind her was tearing apart, flying up into the orb in fluttering pieces. She allowed herself a glance backwards, and was almost petrified at the sight.

The dark-matter was starting to affect light now, dragging the sun's light away from the local area and absorbing it into itself. All she could see were shadows swirling between floating buildings and vehicles. She could make out the intact billboard or some sort of hospital, a good portion of the building still intact.

She aimed forwards and fired the grapple, the energy hook latching onto a window's frame on the far end. She tugged, the cable retracting and sending her hurtling towards the still intact pane of glass.

The pain of ground shock shot up her legs as she hit the pane of glass at the speed of a car, and she couldn't resist a groan.

Nothing could've prepared her for what came next.

She glanced up, and briefly made out the shape of a sky bus flying towards her, being dragged by the gravity currents. The next thing she knew her back had already smashed through the windshield, and she was flying down the length of the bus- rows of seats hurtling past her.

She caught several terrified eyes glance her way, all of fillies who were helplessly trapped in their seats.

This must've been one of the transports used to transport civilians away from the fight. They were probably being evacuated away from the CMC tower where they had taken shelter.

The children's screams rang in Magnum's ears as she slammed into the far back window, tumbling through it and coming back out into the open air again.

I have to save them.

That was her only thought as she turned around and aimed her grapple at the bus.

But then it along with the thirty lives it contained on board all disappeared in a bright fireball as it slammed into the building Magnum came out of, the remaining peices curling up into the orb.

It was a moment of shock for her. She didn't even get to at least try.

She turned away from the flowing debris. She could still hear their screams. She could feel the nagging feeling of guilt in her heart- and it wasn't because she had failed. It was from the unfairness of it all, especially how she didn't even give the children a chance. How she wasn't given a chance to save them. There was absolutely nothing she could've done.

"MAGNUM!!" She heard a loud voice boom, obviously filtered through speakers. She looked around for the source, and spotted the Apollo struggling through the gravity fields.

"Lightning Dust?" She frowned.

"Get aboard!" Lightning Dust yelled, trying to get closer.

Magnum shot the grapple onto the Apollo's hull, and pulled herself down onto aircraft. The cockpit windshield slid off, and she quickly swung in. She felt the air around her fall still as the windshield slid over their heads, engaging an automatic air lock.

"Bucking hell- we lost Haven!" Lightning Dust cursed, swiveling the Apollo around and flying it backwards.

"What are you doing!?" Magnum watched, completely petrified as Lightning Dust navigated through the debris fields and barely looking at where she was going.

"We need to scatter the dark-matter into non-destructive dosages and then wait for the effects to wear out." AL reported through speakers in the plane.

"Rockets are active." Lightning Dust said, flicking off the safety switch.

"AL! WAIT!!" Magnum screamed, and Lightning Dust paused, her hoof resting over the fire button. "How many more lives will be lost if we pull that trigger?"

AL didn't answer immediately.

"Should everything go to plan, significantly less than if we leave it as it is now. If it does not and the scattered dark-matter pools in large quantities, possibly a bit more. But no matter what happens, losses will be controlled and will be less than if we do nothing."

Magnum stayed silent. So, if they pull this trigger- it's destined to kill those few hopeless ponies and spare a few more? And if they leave it... It'll probably do more damage.

What a choice. Of course the better option was the former, but how could anypony pull the trigger on their own kind? What kind of pony would that take?

Clearly Lightning Dust was willing to do what was right. But Magnum could see the hesitant light in her eyes.

What if she pulls the trigger, and the same thing happens all over again? Like that tornado that was highly efficient however posed critical risks too- what was the word again? Oh, yeah- 'reckless'.

Magnum frowned. Lightning Dust was a good fighter. One of the better fliers. But still a cadet- and no matter how good she was, experience can never be cheated.

Lightning Dust's hoof was shaking. AL wasn't saying anything.

She couldn't do it.

Then the trigger clicked as Magnum reached over and slammed her hoof down on the red button.

Two rockets launched from the Apollo and flew towards she center of the orb, slamming through the debris that was in the way- protected by magical energy shields cast onto their outer shells. They won't detonate till they reach their target.

"Now get us out of here." She said, leaning back into her seat, her expression dark and unreadable.

What kind of pony would it take?

One that has done so many times before.

*

The Apollo landed at the surface camp that the civilians had set up. It was being used as a medical center, while what little remained of Haven's forces kept the enemy at bay from the Wall. The dark-matter bomb only hit city central, and didn't affect the outer walls. But now the first line of defense was the only line left, as there was no central to retreat to.

Casualty reports were still being filed in. Spirits were especially down at the camp- so much so that everything seemed oddly grey. And not just ponies' coats and manes.

Central Park and the tower were two places that were completely obliterated. While reports of the dead were still coming in, search for survivors in those areas have already been abandoned. Mostly because there's nothing but particles remaining there.

The rockets dispersed the dark-matter cloud, spreading them out across Haven as non-lethal particles. 'Non-lethal' as to not cause death- all the ponies suffered from minor foreign matter poisoning, but not enough for them to feel any different. Only few have been majorly poisoned, but still none have died yet.

Magnum climbed out of the Apollo, Lightning Dust following her then wandering off somewhere else.

The camp was littered with tents, urgently set up and the ponies that made brief work of it not even bothering to line them up properly. There was crying and whimpering everywhere, like a thick fog that sunk into every nook and cranny and refused to leave. Accompanying it was the sadness. Not anger or vengeance fueled rage at Val who probably only pressed a button, but simple sadness.

Hope had been shattered.

"We need to redirect ammo supplies to the North West side of the Wall. The troops there are running out- and dispatch more meds to the South West, I heard a lucky frag bomb happened to land right in the middle of Squad triple-four." Magnum overhead a messenger as he sprinted into a tent.

Most of the tents here were a dirty white, with a single Red Cross above the entrance. They were labeled with black numbers across the drapes. Medical tents. Some were dark green, tactical command. Then there was one light blue tent, the new central command and head quarters.

Magnum approached, and the guards standing either side of the drapes pointed their rifles at her. They looked tired, but it was probably mental tiredness affecting them physically than directly a physical one. Their actions were sloppy as they demanded identification- she could easily take them down.

Wait, why was she even thinking about that?

She brought up her wrist-mounted grapple, an identification code flashing across the guards' HUDs. They nodded, lowered their rifles, and stepped aside.

The drapes tickled Magnum's skin as she walked in. The tent was well lit, with a table in the center. Holographic displays flickered with the lights as the new power source was much less reliable than the old one. Scootaloo was in the room, and Magnum could make out the barest hints of pink in the white of her eyes. She must've been crying. Applebloom's death wasn't easy news for her. Sweetie Belle wasn't here, probably still undertaking repairs in a maintenance tent after the fight with Eclipse.

Halcyon was here, dark rings under her eyes as she leaned on a crutch. Neon and Terra were also here, Neon leaning against the tent wall and Terra fixing the devices mounted to his hooves with a screw driver. He had bandages around his waist, and judging from the damage on the rest of his body- he must've been hit by a bomb.

Neon somehow looked like she was in bad shape too. Maybe it had something to do with the odd dimness in the lights covering her body. The two fillies were here, Dainty and Lily.
None of them said anything. They just stared down at the ground, not knowing what to do or think.

Zealo was here too, and Magnum could almost feel the relief coming off of him as he saw her. He was going to give her a hug when her expression told him to stay where he was. Not that she wasn't relieved to see him too, but it just wasn't the time.

Daring Do and Silver Dash were discussing something, playing around with a few holographic simulations. Looks like they were trying to figure out how to bust out of Haven without taking too many casualties, but nothing so far was working.

"Long range communications are down. The dark-matter bomb tore up our relays." A completely alien voice said, deep and robotically slurred.

Sweetie Bot walked through the drapes and into the tent, her robotic body heavily damaged and barely fixed. Much of her white armor was replaced with a shiny metal grey, since there was no time nor enough luxury to paint it. Loose and probably useless wires were dangling from parts of her body, and not all of her armor had been replaced. They probably didn't have enough parts- most of it was probably back in the CMC tower. She took in the weird looks she was given with confusion, then seemed to realize.

"Broken vocal processor." She said, her deep voice sounding like an AI.

Scootaloo chuckled, but clearly it was strained. She had two best friends. One was only twenty percent alive while the other wasn't alive at all. Things have gone awfully down hill since realities swapped.

"Damnit!" Daring threw away a holographic screen, the Augmented Reality program sliding through the tent wall then automatically sliding back again. "Nothing's working! There's no way we can send our troops beyond the wall!"

"There has to be something else we can do." Silver muttered, pacing in circles with her head lowered in concentration.

Then the tent drapes parted once more, and Octavia walked in. Bandages were wrapped around her entire left side, stained brown by dried blood. She needed crutches just to walk, and was breathing heavily by the time she made it to the table in the middle.

She paused, waiting for someone to speak. She seemed to expect something, but when it didn't come she frowned.

"Where's RD?"

It was a question that only just struck most of the ponies in the tent, Magnum included. She frowned- usually Rainbow Dash was on top of everything at times like this, taking charge and devising a plan so they could win.

"Medical tent 527." Silver said, busy with another simulation as the ponies turned their heads to her. "Heard she lost an arm. Not sure what other damage she took though.

Magnum cursed, then looked to Octavia. "Let's go get her." She said, walking past her and pushing aside the drapes. Octavia sighed, turned and left.

Magnum stormed past the rows of tents, shouldering through scurrying medics and soldiers alike. Rainbow better be in bad condition- or else she'd be beating the living crap outta her for slacking off at a time like this.

519, 520, 521, 522...

She counted off the tent numbers as she stomped towards the last tent in the row, located slightly higher up than the rest on the edge of a small rise in the ground. Octavia was following her, weaving through the running ponies instead of plowing through them like her. She was still keeping up though.

525, 526... 527.

Magnum shoved the drapes aside, and the sight only enraged her more.

Rainbow wasn't even lying in bed. In fact she was sitting up, leaning on the wooden desk in front of her. She was in her bounty hunter clothes, her hat lowered and shielding out her eyes. A cup of alcohol rested in her right hand, the robotic joints whining a slight bit as they raised the cup to her mouth. Implant.

She had absolutely no excuse to be here. She was needed at HQ, and yet she was just sitting here- doing whatever the hell it was she was doing.

One thing was for sure though- she wasn't helping. Not even the slightest bit.

"What the buck are you doing?" Magnum growled at her.

"Good to see that you're alive too." Rainbow said slowly, not raising her head. Her tone was dismissive and indifferent, which only made Magnum angrier than she already was.

"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE AT HQ HELPING US WITH THIS WAR!! YOU'RE BARELY INJURED ANYMORE!!!" Magnum yelled, gesturing at her implants. "AND YOU'RE JUST RUSTING DOWN HERE IN A MEDICAL TENT THAT COULD BE USED FOR SOMEPONY THAT ACTUALLY IS INJURED!!"

Rainbow sighed, letting her glass of alcohol clunk down on the splintered old wooden desk. Magnum swiped a hoof across the table and knocked the glass clean off, sending it shattering against the floor.

"What's the point, anyway?" Rainbow said, leaning back on the two legs of her chair.

"Are you kidding me? WHAT'S THE POINT!!??" Magnum yelled.

"Haven is a headless snake. Haven is bound to fall. And without Haven, the rest of the resistance is destined to fail since they don't have a proper stronghold to fall back to should they need it. This war will end, and then what follows will just be a big game of cat and mouse. Only this time we're the ones being hunted. Just like the first two wars."

"So you're not even going to try?"

"I don't intend to." Rainbow replied.

Silence filled the air as tension built between the two. Octavia watched from the side, a worried expression on her face. She agreed with Magnum, but couldn't possibly take the side that was opposing Rainbow. Maybe Rainbow wasn't doing anything- but the last thing Octavia wanted to do was hurt her more than she probably already was.

And in this crisis of a time, they really didn't need a fight either.

But, too late.

Magnum reached over, grabbed Rainbow by the collar and slammed her down on the desk. Rainbow didn't even flinch as Magnum pressed down with a strangling hold.

"ALL OF US HAVE BEEN RISKING OUR LIVES OUT THERE, RETURNING BARELY ALIVE AND SOMETIMES NOT AT ALL!!! AND YOU'RE SITTING ON YOUR ARSE HERE AND DOING NOTHING!!??"

"I've already done everything that I could. I can't do more, because I've already reached my best." Rainbow snarled, and Magnum was surprised to see a glowing red aura coming off of her right eye. Another implant...? Probably from Haven's underground emergency supply. "Now... Get off me."

"Not until you come with me to HQ." Magnum snarled back.

"Get. Off." Rainbow said, her voice even and controlled- and dangerous.

"Come with me to HQ-" Magnum started, but had already taken a fist to the face as Rainbow leaped up.

"Didn't think I'd have to give the first punch with this thing to you." She muttered, kicking the desk out of the way and storming towards Magnum, who was wiping blood from a torn lip.

"You selfish little-" Magnum lunged forward, cracking a hoof across Rainbow's face before her new hand could be brought up to stop it. She recovered quickly however, and swung a hoof back.

This time Magnum managed to block it, but he force sent her to her knees. She lashed out a kick, tripping Rainbow up and sending her crashing to the floor.

Rainbow kicked Magnum in the chest, the both of them sprawling away from each other and falling on their backs.

"Both of you- STOP!!" Octavia yelled, but was in no condition to interfere at the moment.

The two leapt up, completely ignoring Octavia's pleading cries. Their hooves flashed, and the next moment...

Rainbow was holding the wrist mounted double blades against Magnum's throat, and Magnum was holding the ACPW in revolver form against Rainbow's temple.

"YOU THINK YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLIT MY THROAT!!?? YOU CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE WALK TO HQ!!" Magnum yelled, not lowering the revolver.

"AND YOU THINK YOU CAN PULL THAT TRIGGER!? I'VE CUT PONIES UP BEFORE, YOU WON'T BE ANY DIFFERENT!!" Rainbow screamed back, her eye implant glowing a furious red.

"I'VE SHOT FAMILY. I CAN DO IT AGAIN." Magnum snarled, her hoof already resting on the trigger.

Rainbow hesitated. Family...? She counted her as... Not as friends, but family?

If there was a bit of doubt in her, she didn't show it. This madness needed to end.

But clearly Octavia was thinking the same thing.

A crutch swung down and knocked both their weapons down and away from each other, another one coming around and clipping the both of them on the heads and knocking them down. They glanced up from the ground, shocked and slightly dazed. They watched like startled little kids as the infuriated Octavia slammed the crutches down on the ground with such force that the wood splintered.

"I SAID- STOP!!"

PreviousChapters Next