• Published 9th Oct 2011
  • 2,203 Views, 8 Comments

Summer Flight Camp - Toola-Roola



Fluttershy didn't want to go to camp, but when she makes a new friend, she may not want to go home.

  • ...
1
 8
 2,203

Chapter One

It all started at summer flight camp....
-----
"Go on, honey, you'll be fine. It's only for a few months."
"But Mommy, I don't have any friends here...."
"I'm sure you'll have no problem making some, Fluttershy. Now go on, dear, you'll be late for orientation!"
I wanna go home....
-----
Fluttershy had never been great at flying. In fact, she had never even been okay at flying. Her parents worried about her, so the summer before she started school, Fluttershy's parents sent her to summer flight camp. Of course, Fluttershy would much rather have stayed home to spend summer finishing the sweater she was going to wear on the first day of school, but she didn't want to make Mommy and Daddy sad, so she went.

Walking into the main hall at camp, Fluttershy kept her head down, not drawing attention to herself. It wasn't hard for her; she hated attention and was used to avoiding it. Okay, she thought. I.... I can do this. Three months. Just three months, and then I can go ho--

CRASSSHH.

Fluttershy barely had time to comprehend what had happened before she hit the wall. The sound of the impact had made her eyes snap shut, and when she opened them, she saw two bright fuschia ones smiling back at her.

"Hey, you all right? Sorry about that!" The filly giggled and shook her mane out of her face before extending a hoof. "I haven't seen you before. Are you new here? I'm Rainbow Dash! What's your name?"

Fluttershy didn't respond. She just blinked and wondered what her mother had gotten her into.