• Published 26th Oct 2012
  • 1,339 Views, 20 Comments

This is For Real - Electron15



A pony to human transformation leaves the girls and Spike in the hands of a confused teen.

  • ...
15
 20
 1,339

Same old, Same old, Day in, Day out

Chapter 1: Same old, same old, Day in, Day out
Imperial, Missouri, 2:55 p.m.
Himni walked home from the bus. It’d been a long day of ups and downs.

*sigh*, Himni proclaimed to himself.

See, Himni had just turned 16, a year younger than most of the Junior Class. You see, Himni skipped 5th grade. He was a smart kid, education was a high priority, and he loved all sciences, philosophy, mythology, government, writing, and reading. Reading was truly a passion of his; he loved mystery, fantasy, and anything with a good plot. He absolutely enjoyed Philosophy, as he had great imagination; he even created a scale model of his own solar system. Politics, were just lately interesting him, he had a father with a Masters’ in Political Science, and a mother who was a former History teacher. But this got him absolutely nowhere in his social life.

Another day of day of my family being there for me, he truthfully thought to himself, attempting to stay positive.
Himni didn’t have any friends within walking distance. At least, none he wanted to visit. Himni did have friends, no doubt about it. He was in Drama Club, Debate Team, Sci-Fi, and had just been placed into the top varsity choir as a Bass. He was usually a happy & upbeat person who enjoyed life, sometimes a little too much. Like the time he had been dancing, and while having a running start, performed the moonwalk, and had fallen onto his wrist, breaking it. Now instead of “Break a leg” at performances, the Drama club says “Break an arm”.
He was very strong in his morals, he never swore, never attempted to hurt anyone really, never participated in vulgar events. He had never even kissed a girl, nor had he had a girlfriend. He wanted to, but he had no way to provide to a girl. Love, he had a huge heart; Comfort, he could barely watch a girl begin to tear up; Money… all assets are never to be touched without parents’ permission; Car… he hasn’t been allowed a license yet.

“And that’s the way the cookie crumbles”, he said aloud.

All he wanted was someone close by he could talk & relate with too. He made a small prayer in his heart to god. He asked for friends he could share standards with and maybe even test him to see if he was truly pure & kind.
He had no idea what he was in for.

We move outward to an unknown place…

From above, Himni was being watched. By who, you may ask? Well, isn’t it obvious? God. Heavenly Father, the one who had been watching Himni since birth, as well as the rest of the world. He pondered a moment, and then smiled.
“I believe it is time,” he said.
Then to his right, entered a majestic looking creature. An Alicorn to be exact, but it quickly changed form. Where an alicorn once stood, was a beautiful woman. She was dressed in a white robe and had long, waving multi-colored hair.

“You always knew when I needed you,” The Father spoke softly, his face lit up with a smile.

“Of course, what kind of daughter would I be if I had to be told everything?” replied the woman.

“Oh, my sweet Celestia, how have you been?” he said in a loving tone, hugging his daughter.

“Oh, I’ve been fine, it’s been so long since I’ve returned to my original form,” said Celestia as she embraced the Father.

“I still humor over the fact that you asked your brother for a world with equine bodies for the inhabitants, you almost threw heaven in to disarray,” The Father chuckled.

“Father, I was young and I was obsessed with ponies, but it did turn out much better than expected,” Celestia smirked.
She liked being right.
“Very well, very well, but remember your other brother still leaves his touch on all worlds,” The Father had a darkened tone.
The mood dropped.

“Yes… I know full well… Discord, Nightmare, and Chrysalis were him teasing me, provoking me, and I was powerless,” Celestia frowned, “If they hadn’t been dealt with, everything on Equestria would have been destroyed.”

“I know, but the reason I needed you here was to tell you something,” The Father resumed his posture, “it is time.”

“Time?”

“To bring them together, to begin their bond,” The Father told her.

“I’m still very confused,” she raised an eyebrow.

“His name is Himni, he lives down on Earth.”

Celestia gears began to turn. She was remembering.

“He believes he will never be truly happy without friends, and is struggling deep inside.”

“Seems like the reverse of a familiar theme,” Celestia thought out loud.

“Hm?”

“Oh, nothing, um, continue,” she smiled strangely.

“Well, first we will have to…”

Ponyville, Mid-Afternoon

Twilight Sparkle was busy, as always, reorganizing the library. She was making a “read again later” pile, and trying to get Spike off his butt.

“Come on, Spike, I want the library to be spik & spam,” Twilight said.

“AWWW! But this is the third time this week; I’m the one who has to keep track of everything!” Spike said grumpily.

Twilight stopped what she was doing, and looked over at the baby dragon.

“Is there something else on your mind?” asked Twilight.

*sigh* “No, absolutely nothing,” Spike frowned as he looked away.

“Spiiiiiiiiike,” Twilight turned him around and glared at him, “What is it?”

Spike paused a moment.

“… I’m only one of only a few guys around here, there’s almost nopony to hang out with!”

Twilight was confused, “But there are still some colts you could… uh, hang out with,” she tried to look optimistic.

“Let’s see, Snips and Snails are too weird, Big Mac is good but he’s always working, Poundcake is still a foal,” Spike was crossing ponies off one by one.

“What about Featherweight?” Twilight was attempting to look animated.

“Okay, now you’re just getting desperate,” Spike was getting annoyed, “I mean, look at Peewee.”

The baby phoenix was on its back. He was repeatedly lighting, putting out and then relighting a candle.

“What’s your point? He looks as bored as you do,” Twilight cocked her head to the side.

Then suddenly some other birds were at the window, which seemed to be calling for Peewee. Peewee smiled, and flew off to join his friends.

“See, even Peewee has his own friends, and you and the other mares always seem bored when separated,” Spike stated, “You guys need coltfriends so I can hang out with them!”

Twilight was shocked, Spike sounded like her mother. She was about to say something, but the appearance of 3 other ponies stopped her.

“Spike, we will find a colt on our own time,” a regal voiced unicorn stated.

“Oh, a-and I’m not sure if I’m ready for a… a coltfriend yet,” said a timid Pegasus.

“It’s still a bit selfish of you, Spike, anyway a colt would only slow me down,” a raspy voice stated.

They all looked at the rainbow Pegasus.

“Huh, ugh, that’s not what I mean and you all know it,”

Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Fluttershy had entered the library unnoticed. And apparently, they heard the conversation. They walked in front of Twilight, forming a side-to-side line. She looked horribly confused.

“Um, what are the three of you doing here?” Twilight asked, not that she didn’t like company.

“You sent a letter saying that you needed us, each of us got one,” said Rarity as she frowned.

The door flew open. Confetti was absolutely everywhere, and then a pink pony hopped in. Behind her was an orange mare with a blonde mane. She was still attempting to figure out how Pinkie did what she did.

“HEYTWILIGHT, HOW’SITGOING? YOUNEEDEDUSFORSOMETHING?” Pinkie asked in her casual manner.

“Howdy Twi’, ya’ need sumthin’ from us?” said Applejack, much calmer than Pinkie.

“What!? I didn’t send any letters; I’ve been reorganizing the library all day, right, Spike?” Twilight was a bit worried.

“A-again, Twilight?” Fluttershy said softly.

“Oh, I think this has something to do with the letter I got earlier,” Spike said sheepishly.

“What letter, Spike?!” Twilight was getting frustrated.

“The letter from Princess Celestia!” Spike was panicking, “It said not to open until we were all gathered.”

Spike took out the letter, it was a small scroll with an emblem representing Celestia. He unrolled it, speaking the short message.
My dear little ponies, I’m afraid this must happen. But be good to him. Listen, learn, and comfort. God be with you till we meet again.
Signed,
Celestia

“She didn’t write Princess.”

A strange silence fell upon them… Rainbow Dash broke it.

“What the hay does that even mean?” she exclaimed.

“I don’t know, Rainbow, but I think she wants us to do something,” Twilight tried to remain calm and logical.

“And what in the name of red galas is ‘god’?” Applejack asked.

“I don’t know, but it sounds like it’s gonna be super-duper-mega-ultra-awesome fun!” yelled Pinkie Pie.

Suddenly, white light enveloped the room. The ponies and dragon watched as the room disappear into whiteness, and then blackness. So black, nopony could see the other. Then came the falling sensation, everypony (and dragon) tried to scream, but there was not a sound to be heard. Then there was a large thud. And this is where our adventures… and misadventures begin.

A/N: What is up everypony, I am electron15. I hope you are beginning to enjoy this fanfic. The whole idea struck me hard, so I started carrying around a notebook. If it seems a bit rushed let me know, I would like to know your opinion. If you are offended by the whole “God and Celestia” thing, that’s just how it hit me, but otherwise enjoy it otherwise, please.
Anyway, this isn’t exactly a single story, but rather a series. There will be… Romance, Humor, Plot Twists, Conflict, and all the good stuff. Oh, and musical numbers! Everypony loves musical numbers
In this story, Bronies do not exist. Sorry, but everything else does. I type as fast as possible, so don’t worry.
Till next time. Onwards and upwards!