• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 798 Views, 8 Comments

The Premiere - cory486



With a new concert hall in Manehatten finished watch as adventure and freindship unfold.

  • ...
1
 8
 798

Chapter 2

With the dawn of a new day came the expectations of this day, the anticipation, the fear, the giddiness, and the hopefulness. A sheer chorus of sounds, feelings, and pony’s all filing into the streets to celebrate. The actual show was not until later in the evening but, the festivities that had been planned until then was what everypony was out here for. Rainbow Dash was having none of it, she was impatient to see the Wonderbolts perform after the concert and nothing was going to distract he……..

Twilight watched as Rainbow Dash snapped out of her funk and streaked after Applejack to an arm wrestling competition. She stood and watched her two friends go at it for a few minutes before letting them know she was going to look over at the artists and their works.

Across the park Rarity was fawning over the different styles and designers who displayed their wears proudly. Picking a spot among them she got comfortable and began to unpack and display her fashions which in her eyes were easily the equals of the other vendors.

Fluttershy of course was in the park observing the pond and artists in piece and, every once in a while talking to one of the animals that strayed over. She was also situated peacefully under a tree that provided excellent shade as she also glanced at a book she had brought detailing the flora and fauna of the region which she busied herself with trying to spot. She blushed furiously when Twilight stopped by and she noticed an artist who seemed to be busy at work drawing her.

Pinkie Pie was in the midst of a heated battle of confectionery control, a bakers cooking championship, a candy production extravaganza, and most importantly a bake off! Batter splashed the ground like the blood of battles past, sugar seeped out from mortally wounded bags, and the whirs and clacks of utensils rang out like clashing sounds of battle. The heat alone would make the wary retreat, but Pinkie was strong, unwavering, and resolute. Pinkie looked up from her mixing bowl suddenly and over to the pony to the right of her “Hi I’m Pinkie Pie and I disapprove of the lack of speech going on!”
The pony beside her shrugged noncommittally in response so Pinkie looked out “So why are there no speaking parts yet?”

Well Pinkie, the author began to explain, you see I have not actually built much dialogue into the story.

Pinkie let a small pout cross her features and then she brightened as she explained “ But it will help build your characters you silly filly!” “That’s about like making cake without frosting, or…” Pinkie gasped loudly “candy without the sweet!”

Pinkie I am not a filly last I checked, also I understand but…tried the author

“Oooooh I know a song about this one!” Pinkie said smiling cheerily.

I will tell you what Pinkie you forgo the song and I will throw in Dialogue for you okay?

“Alright mr. writer guy.”

Now please get back into the story or else you are going to break the self-insert rules of no self-insert writing.

“Okie Dokie Loki” Pinkie said as her oven dinged and she looked into it, before reaching in and pulling out…..A large blueberry muffin! “It is all done!” She exclaimed proudly.

“Wait a second I thought you were making lemon candies and peppermint sticks! How did you….” asked her absolutely floored neighbor to the left.
Pinkie Pie cocked her head to the side in thought, her tongue cocked out to the side as she thought before replying “Probably put a bit too much sugar in there, but now I have to go see my other friends Rainbow Dash and Applejack!”
Without waiting for a response Pinkie Pie stood on her hind legs and said loudly “Derpy grab my muffin!” In an instant the blonde Pegasus was beside her and Pinkie hopped onto her back as with a fading cry of “Adventure!” echoing through the sky they disappeared.
A moment later Bon Bon walked up and opened her oven, the one Pinkie had just vacated, and out a large tray of fudge. Confused Bon Bon looked to her neighbor and exclaimed “I didn’t bake this Batch!”

-----------

Hour twenty-four, I am running out of time at this hiding spot. Already they have summoned the tracking hounds and I fear my time is short. I have suffered from these three and only stand to do so even more so when I am captured. At first it seemed simple enough a game of tag, fun ya know? But then they put me in a Dress! With frills! And a wig! Spike paused in his writing to look out of the window of the last place he hoped they would check.

Their very own clubhouse, the spy is in your base indeed! He had even borrowed one of the black bodysuits they had used to infiltrate Canterlot during the time travel incident. ‘I have managed to infiltrate their base and have discovered their secret plans, please send help immediately, sincerely Spike.’ With that Spike fixed Twilight into his mind and inhaled. Just as he was exhaling the bark of Winona ruined his concentration and the scroll disappeared. Spike only hoped that help would come soon.

Neon Glow let out a breath of relief and fatigue as he looked along with his staff at their collective and tireless work. It was a marvel of sound and light set up that was looking to be absolutely mind blowing. “Alright everypony we have….about eight hours until this shindig starts off so go get some rest! I will finish up here” Neon Glow exclaimed. He watched them leave and then went over to the main bar and watched as the few remaining technicians performed sound and light checks before going behind the counter. He mixed himself a rather tasty mix he called a blue snow cone and sighed in relief as the alcohol helped loosen up the tension that had and was still building up inside of him. After his drink was emptied Neon made his way back behind the stage to the split area that served as the VIP access rooms as well as the DJ’s prep room. Everything appeared up to standard and smiling Neon Glow moved over to a nearby couch and collapsed.

---------
Octavia stood with her cello balanced against her as she carefully adjusted the tuning pegs to her satisfaction. Finally the notes rang out clean and clear.
“Wow Octavia that sounds beautiful “said her friend and orchestral mate Brass Beauty from her side of their hotel room.

“Why thank you Beauty, it is always appreciated, and I daresay I look forward to tonight, it should be fun don’t you think?” Octavia replied in her soft voice.

“It usually is, especially since I’m playing with friends like you and Frederic. Speaking of Frederic, he was telling me earlier that he seems to have found an afterparty of sorts. Turns out we are invited to attend, it seems to be a big deal since the Wonderbolts are attending, and Frederic was excited because it looks like most of the Orchestra is attending as well.” Beauty said. “Also it sounds like the first drink or two is on the house and some phenomenal DJ is lined up for the night so please attend?”

It was well known among their group that Octavia was not really well known for being a party goer. It just really did not suit her fancy more often than not. She was known once in a blue moon though to get a little wild so it was always a passing in joke between them to invite her to things, but it was rare she would attend. Luckily today was Brass Beauties lucky night, as to her immense surprise and pleasure Octavia agreed to come to the after-party. She was so surprised she squealed aloud like a little filly before immediately blushing crimson. This was going to be the best night ever! At that moment however one of the staff poked their head in and said politely “Sorry to be of bother to you Gentlemares, but you will be needed onstage in twenty minutes.”

-------

Well it had been three days, nights, and afternoons. Vinyl Scratch had endured through three straight days of non-stop work cutting, writing, mixing, matching, and finishing tracks. Sure she had a radio ready track on the air, but before three nights ago she only had about four other songs in a tentative EP state. Her three days had been filled with frantically scouring her brain and project ideas and scraps for anything to mix together. Still it had come out way better than Vinyl had any right to hope for.

The beats matched perfectly it had a downright body moving beat, and after her idea, it even had a few fun sections built in. In fact the only thing that she was really missing was an intro and an outro. However she was planning on using some actual samples from the orchestra so that would hopefully work out for her. Vinyl looked at herself in the mirror, noting both the dark circles and the mess that was her hair. A quick smell check and a few gags later she jumped in the shower, the water working wonders on her kinks, but doing nothing for her perpetually messy mane. “Well you can’t win em all” The DJ said to her reflection before slipping on her shades. There, problem solved.

Quickly she trotted into her production room and packed up her turntables and laptop along with her headphones. Now she was ready to spin big or spin home. Tonight DJ Pon-3 was going to rock the house!

--------
“Alright listen up!” Spitfire's raised voice echoed through the lounge as the mare stepped in and all of the team snapped to attention for their Captain. “Hit the showers, or the stalls or suit up we are an hour from showtime, so I am giving you all half an hour to ready up!” She had already showered and suited up to set the standard for her team. The suit itself was definitely not the most comfortable thing in the world, it was form fitting and almost uncomfortably tight but yet still pliable to some degree. Still she had to set the example so she grinned and bore it. From below she heard the sounds of the concert starting up as her team rushed to ready up.

--------
Outside of the event Twilight and friends had just collected themselves after a very interesting afternoon exploring the festival and having a great time out on the town. Fluttershy had a copy of the drawing that the artist had done for her earlier. Pinkie, AJ, and Rainbow Dash each had medals draped around their necks from their respective competitions. Twilight had found a few additions to her library from various vendors, and could not wait to read them. Rarity was positively glowing at the reception of her dresses and was ecstatic to report that her entire stock and offerings had been sold out and she even had a whole pile of orders to fill. Overall they had a grand time with the festivities but they, along with the masses proceeded to migrate into the amphitheater for the event and the evening were just about to begin.

-------
Octavia stood with her bow at the ready, her body poised to deliver music as the curtains swept grandly open. In front of them poised and ready was the conductor who, with several sharp taps of his baton initiated the concert. Octavia felt the music as it flowed forth creating the moods, the somber rising and falling, the ebb and flow, everything. All of this brought a smile to Octavia’s face as she felt complete, satisfied, and whole. When at the end they received their standing ovation, she felt on top of the world.

-------