• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 710 Views, 2 Comments

Assassin's Tears III: Silent Wind Origins - MisterGTFO



Silent Wind tells his story when he was a Silentblade and the incident that started it all.

  • ...
 2
 710

Making a New "Friend"

Chapter Four: Making a New "Friend"

I quickly moved with my brother, wondering what the hay had happened to Dad. It was surprising to me at that time because there was never anything wrong with Dad that me, my brother, or anypony knew about. Once we both go to the throne room, I saw Dad, sitting on the throne as usual. He didn't look any different or anything. I was about to turn around and scold my brother for taking me to the throne room for no reason but I somehow felt.. not comfortable being by Dad since I saw shadows covering his face since it was nighttime. His eyes were all red which wasn't real nice to see. His coat was from slight dark-grey to actual dark-grey and even that scared my brother. His mane wasn't too different though, it was still white and no, He's not that old. I turned my head to my brother and went near him to whisper.

"There's something wrong.. m-maybe it's just a sickness thing.." I whispered nervously. I was hoping it was just that but my brother shooked his head slowly. I'm sure he knew that it was no sickness because I pretty sure that my brother never knew any kind of disease that would cause personality changes other than getting depressed which wasn't a disease.

"Not possible, I'm sure that there's something wrong.. I just don't.. don't know, Silent Wind." He said, lowering his head in confusion. I backed away from Silent Whisper and looked at my Dad, scratching my black, spiked mane. Even though I was a bit uncomfortable being by my Dad when I was near him, I managed to sum up some courage and walked towards my Dad. I looked behind while walking and saw my brother, wanting to stop me but he didn't since I think he knew what I was gonna do so he simply let me do what I was gonna do. I walked and walked until I was several feet away from my Dad, looking up at him with concern. I decided to speak up, itching to know what was going on.

"Hey.. Dad, are you okay?" I asked, shaking a bit. He began to chuckle more and more which was really weird. I swore that I saw him grin a bit.. he looked down at me since I saw his eyes hover down at me.

"I have never felt better." He growled. That completely surprised me because Dad never liked saying that because it made him sound like royalty. If he'd say that, it'd be like "I've never felt more greater". That's the Dad I know but this one, was just odd as buck. I decided to hold my ground and try not to back off. As I stood there, I heard my Dad say the oddest thing I've ever heard.

"Ah, yes. I wanted to speak to you with.. an idea I had." He said. That was surprising since Dad was never like coming up with ideas and for sure, he was not that idealistic with ideas. Despite being brain-numb from his personality, I decided to just listen.

"I.. want to release something.. the Midnight realm that is." He said intently. I was completely caught off guard by this because I know that every past Leader had forbid anypony including themselves to unlock it's portal because that was pratically the gateway to hell since the Midnight realm was where evil ponies went and were turned into demons or devil-ponies. But I only know that from a book that my brother forced me to read.

Okay, so before I move on, I'll tell you a bit about it.. You see, during the first risings of the Silentblades, It used to be a devil-worshiping cult and the cult killed whoever was against their teachings I guess and I guess Shadow Moon, the first leader of the Silentblades decided that it was not right worship things like those and those who didn't like his idea, almost destroying the whole bucking world by opening the door to their "gods". Shadow Moon was able to prevent that and with a seal, sealed the portal. With that, the world was saved from dumbflank annihilation. Good, now that you know a bit, let's get back to where I left off..

I was about to question Dad a lot. But decided to stand there with an angered expression, looking back and forth at my brother, then to my Dad who was being kind of an idiot. I had no idea what was going on that night and I couldn't put my damn hoof on it. I soon locked my sight on my brother, hoping he would object to this.

"B-Bro?! You can't accept this! You can't!!" I objected. I knew he couldn't do anything. He frowned and looked away from me. That's where I simply got out of the damn throne room, angry as heck.

"Buck this.. I'm leaving..!!" I muttered sharply and loud enough for my brother to hear. I looked to my right at my brother as I got closer to the big double-door. I heard my brother say something before I left.

"Hey, wait!" He tried to stop me but I was too frustrated to even listen to my own older brother. I mean like we're talking about a dangerous portal that only the leaders could summon and my Dad was going to "release" and summon those demons and don't think Celestia can even stop them. In numbers, that is.

I didn't know where I was going, I was just gonna leave. You think I might be acting like a moron, but if you were me, You'd do the same thing if you cared. That night, I left where I spended my life. When I went out, I saw that it was snowing a bit because it was Winter's Rise of the 16th that night. Once I was out of the castle, I looked back, upset that I didn't much support. I turned my head away from the castle and I looked down on of the cliffs that lead deep down since the castle was in a celestia-forsaken mountain, to the everfree forest, flying down. I stepped on the green ground and just walked. I didn't know where to go nor did I want to go anywhere. As I went into the everfree forest, I stopped as I heard a rustling while I was sitting on a large rock, then a small barrel on the back of my head. I wondered who was it but I heard the voice. I didn't know who it was but I knew what it was.

"This' quite a surprise t'see a Silen'blade here." The feminine voice said. I didn't particularly turn my whole body around otherwise, I'd get shot in the head. That would be messy. I decided to speak up, wanting to know who the hay this mare was.

"You know us? That's so nice of you. I was just leaving the castle but it kinda looks like I bumped into a little filly." I mocked. At that point, she irked and I heard a clicking noise. I knew that it was about time for that hoof-gun to be laid off my head. It was getting irritating. I quickly turned around to my left and slapped her gun out of my face with my left hoof. She recovered from my hoof-slap and she turned her gun real fast on me and I dodged a shot with my head moving out of the way. I tackled her down with a shoulder charge and pinned her down with my hooves blocking her's. I wanted to question this Mare real quickly, because nopony really goes near the mountains and looks up into an large object which nopony other than all of the Silentblades know how to get to.

"I'm gonna ask you, why are you so close here?" I asked. I thought she wasn't gonna say anything but turns out, she wasn't a coward and pratically spat at my face.

"What'd ya think, mate? I'm gonna end the Silen'blades! It's pretty personal and I'm a bit pissed off. If your going to stop me, that'll mean I have t'kill ya!" She explained to me, without any stuttering. I got off her and hovered a few feet away from her and told her a bit too since she wasn't trying to kill me now.

"Y'know.. I'm a bit pissed at them too. But what can I do. eh? I just can't kill 'em all now, can I?" I said but then, I didn't have to kill them.. I just had to stop Dad from doing the stupidest thing ever. The mare had an intrigued look at me. I looked back at her with a questioning look.

"I can help ya with that, there. That is.. if ya help me get up there." She begged. I didn't feel so well with this Mare and I wanted to just leave. I then heard another rustling and drew my right hidden blade, which was just a normal one since I only had one special blade which was on my left. I saw the figure. It was my brother, Silent Whisper. I was a bit surprised he found me but for him, it's a bit easy to find me since I talk so bucking loud. He ran towards me and the Mare did nothing, surprisingly.

"Silent Wind, what're you doing here?! And who's this Mare!?" He said, looking at the golden-coated mare with two rifles as her cutie mark that was making an "X" and a crosshair over it. I looked at her too and didn't notice her appearance. She was wearing a blue scarf that looked hoof-made. She was wearing a belt that had small pouches around her haunches. And lastly, she was wearing a beret.. of green. Pretty obvious there.. and her mane was brown, like smooth brown. Wait, why am I talking about this? Nevermind.. let's just get back to where I stopped at.

Anyways, my brother was a bit confused on why I was talking to her and I explained a bit on how I wanted to stop Dad from doing.. that. I was gonna say a bit more but we both got interrupted by the Mare who was just sitting, looking at both of us.

"If you two should know, 'names Golden Shot." She said. It was quite a catchy name but I didn't put it up my mind till today. I explained that the Mare would help us if she was allowed to get up there and attempt to do something that is "responsible" for whatever caused her to have a personal thing with the Silentblades. He nodded and told me a few things also which made my eyes slightly widen. And yes, I already knew it was Golden Shot but come on, I like how I'm doing this story of mines.

"If you should know, Dad is beginning to open it. With the.. what's it called? I think it was called The Sanguis Nocte Baculus." He said. If you don't know what that means, I think it stands for Bloodnight Staff that was used for rituals to "call" their "gods" far back. Oooh, scary. But still though, that Staff is real strong, the reason it's so essential was because it was used to open the gateway to the Midnight realm. It was encased within the altar room which had the sealed coffin so that nopony would be able to touch it other than the Leader. I guess Dad went to the room and took it so that he could commence the ritual to try and open the gateway. We had to be real quick since it could of been any minute that Dad would buck up Equestria again and I was still too young to give up.

"Bro, let's go stop Dad. We have to. I'll hold on to.. the mare." I said. He nervously agreed and flew on ahead of me towards the castle. I gave Golden Shot a gesture to get on my back and her cheeks flushed red and I knew what she was thinking.

"Oh no! don't even think about that, come on and hurry, We gotta go!" I ordered. She jumped on my back and I spanned out my wings and flew to the Castle. To go stop complete annihilation of Equestria. I wanted to really stop Dad as soon as possible. I had to stop him, no matter what. For some reason at that point, I felt slightly good, feeling of what it felt like to be a good hero and all.