• Published 24th Oct 2012
  • 3,575 Views, 135 Comments

Pennywise - Live Light



Some ponies are afraid of clowns. There's something about them. But what is it about this clown?

  • ...
4
 135
 3,575

Battle

PENNYWISE

CHAPTER 13

_______________________________________________________________________

Pennywise stood in the shadows, smirking at Fluttershy. It takes a moment to look around the room, as if admiring what it has done with the place. It looks back at Fluttershy.

"Welcome, Fluttershy... do tell, what do you think of my humble abode?" It asked. It didn't get an answer. "Thought as much," It continued, "Simply marvelous, isn't it... I feel I could do a little more with this room, though. Maybe the addition of lavender, orange, pink, cyan, white, and yellow... I think that sounds nice, don't you?"

Fluttershy stepped back a bit, obviously preferring her yellow coat on herself. She felt a cold, solid object gripping her hoof, and realized it was a corpse's hoof, protruding from the ground. Its grip was strong, and she couldn't free herself from it. Pennywise just smiled at the attempt.

"I told you to leave, but you just had to please your curious little minds, didn't you?" It asked with a sinister edge in his voice.

"I-it's n-n-not right t-to do this..." Fluttershy responded.

Pennywise shrugged. "Your animals do the same, but you don't punish them. Not nice to show favouritism, you know..."

"M-my animals a-are nothing... like you..." She stuttered.

"You're right..." Pennywise replied. "They're not intelligent." He smirked.

"Y-yes... they are!"

"Nuh-no. Thuh-they're not." Pennywise countered mockingly.

"I can underst-stand them... you c-can't..." Fluttershy said.

"Is that what the little tattoos you have on your flanks-" Pennywise stifled a giggle at the thought of tattoos on a rear, "Is that what they represent?"

"Yes... it is..." Fluttershy replied.

Pennywise smirked. "Things really are different than they are on Earth... only some kids aren't mad or abusive, or bullies who are mad and abusive."

"Th-that's... horrible..."

"It is, isn't it? And for a while, that's how I thought all humans acted."

So he does come from a human planet... Fluttershy thought.

"After all," Pennywise continued, "I did arrive in a meteor on a planet called Earth, inhabited by a bunch of these humans. I arrived in a little place called Derry..." He smiled as nostalgic feelings hit him.

"Oh, there was so much I did around there... I awoke there, and made the sewers my home... kinda like this one. I think my most memorable and favourite kill was when I first awoke during the... 1950s, I believe. I found a little boy playing with a paper boat his big brother Bill made him. The boy's name was Georgie Denbrough. I promised him a lot of fun, some cotton candy, and all sort of surprises. Balloons, too."

Fluttershy watched It as it spoke of all the things he had done.

"And then... I took him... ripped his arm off... and I showed him how to float... like the balloons..." He made no attempt to suppress his grin. "Then, I began my feeding spree, and to start that, I gave Bill a bit of a scare... and I found some others to frighten... you know by now I need fear to devour what I need? Well, fear is exactly what I got from them... it was so fun to scare them with the things they were frightened of the most..."

"But alas... it was not to be... they all became friends, into some 'Lucky Seven', then ganged up on me, eventually, and the girly-boy used his inhaler as a weapon, saying there was battery acid in there. I escaped... and waited..."

Fluttershy's reaction to Its' story was a mix between contempt and fear. It talked about these things like they were some fond childhood memory.

"In 30 years... I came back... and I killed someone under a bridge. Next, I learned those seven kids that had bested me were coming back... or at least, six of them were..." He chuckled to himself, "Seems that Stan the Man wasn't enough of one."

"But since they were adults, now... I couldn't hurt them... now, they just half-believed. I got their old bully, Henry Bowers to attack them... he only managed to hospitalize one. Eventually, they'd found me, in the true form they could comprehend, and I'd killed only the girly-boy, because he thought his little inhaler trick would work on me again..."

"They killed me, though... but they forget... I am eternal... I may not exist in their dimensional plane... but I can cross over... and now... here I am!" It finished, grinning. "And to this day... while I still liked when I killed little Georgie... it was most regretful indeed."

Fluttershy looked at It, and it didn't look as if he regretted it at all. It seems that the only thing It would regret about it is that it would have inspired this 'Lucky Seven' to kill him. Then she wondered... perhaps if she could talk to him for a bit, he could calm down, and, if that's not the case, allow the others enough time to find her, and save her quickly.

"...Wh-what were the Lucky Seven like?" She asked.

"They were perhaps the most innocent kids in Derry... they all had their problems, though," Pennywise said.

"For example," it started, "Bill, the brother of Georgie, had a big stuttering problem. Kinda like you, except he was a bunch braver. You're kinda like a cross between Bill and Eddie Kaspbrak, the shy girly-boy with the inhaler. He thought he had asthma, but really he's delusional. His mom was real manipulative. 'You don't need any friends except for your mother,' she said. A little too Norma Bates, but oh well. Then there was Ben Hanscom, who they called Haystack, who was really fat. I thought I saw him in here. Probably not the same one. And Beverly Marsh. Easier to get into than an art college."

"There was also Richie Tozier, real lighthearted, and a real comedian, into a lot of movies. A bit like your friend Pinkie, except he's not possible murderess. Or murderer. Whatever. We also have Mike Hanlon. You midget horses with candy coloured coats might not believe this, but back on earth, sometimes people were made fun of because of their colour. Mike was one of those people. All I did was just try to kill his father's military group as a giant bird. When everyone else had left Derry, after I had escaped them, he was the only one who stayed. Boring."

"And finally, we have Stan. Always skeptical about everything. Even me. I quickly managed to change his mind about that, though. Maybe psychic, but we didn't care about that. Even though he was the last one to believe me, he was the first one to know what the very best thing to do was, instead of coming back to kill me, and that was by killing himself. He even left a suicide note, signed in blood. ...It."

Fluttershy looked at It as it stared blankly at nothing.

"I mean, I know that what you all refer to me as," Pennywise said, "But can't everyone have a better imagination?"

"You'd like that very much, wouldn't you?" Came a raspy voice Fluttershy was glad to hear. Everyone turned to looked at Rainbow Dash and Applejack arriving and entering the room.

"Oh, hello there," Pennywise said, cheerfully. "Did you notice my decorations?"

The two newcomers looked around the room, and saw all the bodies stuck the walls, held by webs. They looked at Light, and now they were frightened and confused.

"What's Light doing there?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"The same thing he was doing when you met him," Pennywise replied, "Being at the wrong place at the wrong time."

"What's going on?" Came another familiar voice, Twilight's voice. She and Rarity appeared in the room, and looked at the 'decorations' as well.

"Uh... I think we found our friends..." Twilight said quietly.

"But where's Pinkie and... what'shisname?" Rarity asked.

"Doesn't seem like they're here yet..." Applejack responded, "Prob'ly a good thing right now..."

"You know, this seems like the perfect blend of prey..." Pennywise stated. "Enough to satisfy my hunger, and not enough to overpower me.

Then came the sound of galloping hooves. Pennywise's expression deadpanned. Everypony else looked to the source. In the fog, two silhouettes could be seen. They knew who they were just from looking at the shapes. True enough, Pinkie Pie and Funny Bones emerged from the fog, skidding to a halt upon arriving.

The two of them took a while to look at the entire room. They took another moment to look at Light. And another to process what just happened. Pennywise also looked around, due to boredom.

"...You... keep ponies here..." Pinkie said... "And... you wait until they're awake to be afraid?"

"Hmm. Sounds about right." It responded.

Pinkie stared at It for a moment, then rushed at him to attack. Pennywise's arm changed into a sort of large, scaled arm, grabbed her, and threw her back. She collided with the wall painfully, but got up, walking next to her friends. Twilight used her magic to free Fluttershy's hoof from the limb that was gripping her. Fluttershy stepped back.

Twilight opened her saddlebag, and levitated five necklaces and one tiara. The necklaces were given to her friends, and the tiara was placed upon her own head.

Pennywise looked at them for a moment.

He then burst out laughing hysterically.

"...What's so funny?" Twilight asked.

"Y-you have a... girly tiara..." Pennywise responded between laughs, "And it's like you're... pl-playing dress up on the go!" As he cackled, Twilight looked to her five friends. They all nodded, and their eyes began to glow. Pennywise took a moment to look at them. His eyes widened in surprise. He stepped back into the shadows and disappeared.

The Elements of Harmony looked to where he was before, confused.

The room started to rain blood. There were sounds of others crying in agony, fear, and despair, and there were large spiders crawling around the walls, onto the ceiling, and then descending from their web, to get closer to them. Rarity cringed from the uncouth display.

Fluttershy found it hard to think straight. But there was one thought that resided in her mind as this happened. ...Lucky Seven...

"Everypony..." She said, "Get into a circle and hold our hooves together."

"What good will that do?" Bones asked.

"Just... listen to me... please?" She asked.

Everypony did as she said, and they all got into a circle, and held their front hooves together. The bloodied rain continued to patter onto their coats, and the agonising screams of possible previous victims continued. As the blood fell, it landed on some of the bodies used as decoration. Pipsqueak's father looked as though he was crying blood because of it. Everypony closed their eyes and tried to block everything out.

...

...

...

Silence...

Everypony opened their eyes. They looked around, although still keeping close and holding hooves. It had stopped raining, the screams had stopped, and the spiders were nowhere to be found.

"Where did your accessories go?" Bones asked.

Twilight looked at her friends, and saw that they weren't wearing the necklaces that represented their elements. Her tiara was also missing. After a bit of looking around, they saw the tiara and necklaces on the floor.

"I'll get them." Bones said, letting go of the hooves.

"No, wait!" Fluttershy said.

As soon as Bones touched on of the elements, Pennywise had risen out of the ground in a second, and grabbed him with two scaled claws, and walked over to a wall, pushing Bones into it and keeping him pinned there.

"You all taste so much better when you're afraid..." Pennywise growled, grinning maliciously. "And you... are... NEXT!" He opened its mouth, revealing its fanged teeth to take a bite at Bones, ignoring his petrified expression, when It felt something hit his back leg. It looked at the ground next to the leg, and saw one of its fuzzy orange buttons. It looked behind him, and Fluttershy stood there, holding a can of mace.

"This is battery acid, demon." She said darkly, and sprayed it across Its face, imagining it as sulphuric acid, just as It let go of Bones to strike her. It screamed in agony, confirming Fluttershy's theory, as it gripped its face. However, it was quite horrifying to see Its face become undone, melting away slowly. Twilight levitated a silver shard out of her saddlebag, being glad it hadn't created any holes, and threw it at Its head.

The shard had opened his head up, and his Deadlights poked through it. It snarled and aimed the deadlights at the group. They recoiled and averted their eyes. As soon as it had stopped shining on them, they heard another snarl. They looked, and saw It somersault in the direction of a small drain. Its back hooves had strangely managed to fit through it, and as It gradually, yet quickly, fell through the drain, Its face melted further, making most of the skin-turned fluids land next to the drain, and slither through it.

The group looked down the drain. ...Darkness...



A scaled arm (The claw looked more like a mouth) grabbed at Bones again, covering his entire head and trying to pull him down. Twilight levitated the silver shard, and stabbed at the arm repeatedly until it let go of Bones' head (Not without scratching him with Its teeth) and fell back down the drain slowly.

"We have to find a way down there..." Pinkie said.

"But It's dead!" Rarity argued.

"We have to make sure!"

They heard Pennywise give a scream of agony, which sounded more like a growl, and then a dragging groan that got quieter as it went on.

They heard nothing more from it.

Fluttershy fainted. They all looked to her, and rushed to her. Twilight put her hoof to her neck to see if she had a pulse. It was a little slow, but it was there. They also noticed her breathing shallowly. They all sighed in relief.

"I'm glad that's over..." Pinkie said, her mane slowly getting a bit frizzy. "We should get everypony who's alive out. I'm sure Pip will be happy to see his parents again."

"Agreed." Bones agreed.

Twilight nodded. She looked to Light, and started making cuts on the webbing keeping him stuck to the wall. It was very durable webbing, but it eventually gave in to the cuts, and released Light. As he fell, she used levitation to stop his fall, and slowly placed him next to Fluttershy. She then proceeded to do the same for everypony else.

-----

By the time this was finished, some of the unconscious ponies were placed on the backs of the Mane 6 (The ones who were conscious) and Funny Bones, but Twilight had to use levitation to handle the rest. Along the way, Fluttershy had woken up, and volunteered to carry some of the levitated bodies, making Twilight's job easier. They had made it to the surface, which they were lucky to have done so fast, as the orange buttons were starting to melt, probably due to It's demise.

Everypony unconscious was placed in the hospital and being monitored.

Fluttershy stood in the hospital room of Live Light, watching him. Pinkie Pie walked in, her mane and tail all frizzy, but not yet in the mood for partying.

"Hey, Fluttershy. How ya doin'?" She asked.

"O-oh... just fine..." Fluttershy said. Pinkie looked to Light.

"I hope he's alright. He used to help with my parties you know!" She said.

"Y-yeah... It said that..." Fluttershy whispered sadly... "So, um... how's Funny Bones?"

"He's doing good, he'll be looking after Pipsqueak for a little while longer until his parents wake up."

"Oh... that's good..." Fluttershy said. She sighed as Light lay in the bed, unresponsive. She noticed Pinkie wasn't saying much, and so looked to her. She was looking from Light, to Fluttershy and back again.

"Oh, I see what's going on..." Pinkie said.

"Wh-wh-what do you mean?" Fluttershy asked, knowing full well what she meant, and blushing hard.

"Don't worry, I Pinkie Promise your secret's safe with me!" She said, before quickly looking around. "As long as you keep a secret I have too, anyway..."

"O-okay... what is it?"

"Well, uh... ...I think I 'like' Funny Bones..."

Fluttershy took a moment to think about this. "Hm... okay."

"...Wait, okay? That's it?" Pinkie asked, a bit confused.

"If I think of it as 'okay,' it might be easier to keep a secret," Fluttershy explained, "I'm not really the best one to talk about secrets to..."

"Well, yeah, but I trust you, don't worry. And you can trust me!"

Fluttershy nodded. "I guess I can... after all, it's fairly obvious you're not a carnivorous shape-shifter..."

Pinkie smiled only slightly, "Yeah I guess... let's not speak of that again... I still get the feeling It'll be around one day..."

"Why?" Fluttershy asked.

"It's just a feeling... remember the promise we made when we got out."

"If It comes back, we'll be sure to do something about it." Fluttershy said, nodding.

Pinkie nodded, gave Fluttershy a friendly hug, then went away. Fluttershy looked to Live Light. She smiled.

-----

End of Chapter...