• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 3,001 Views, 70 Comments

Friendship? Emotion not found. - The Rar



A mechanical monster striaght from hell seems to have escaped from Twilight's 'Dream'.

  • ...
7
 70
 3,001

Ending 1 Epilogue

Epilogue

Pandora, Royal Pandorian Museum of Relics and History, Relic room of the Great War.
54 Years after end of Rebellion and Hyperion’s expulsion from Pandora.

“So you’re one of the people who helped win the war?” A child asked
The group of children sat on the gleaming marble floor of the Museum. They sat before a great throne, positioned at the far back of the room. The room itself was a, grand corridor, one of many that the Royal Museum held. This one however was the grandest (And the largest. The owner of the museum took pride in the fact that he had a 200 metre long and 20 metre wide room to exibit his works). It was the grandest because it commemorated the most recent and possibly the most significant event in Pandorian history. That being the end to Hyperion’s tyrannical reign, the liberation of mechanical sentient beings, and the independence of Pandora. This room in particular was displaying and commemorating relics that helped win the war, and key figures behind the victory of the Revolution.

“Yes young one, I was.” The asked responded.

“I handled logistics for the war. Tactical data, reconnaissance of the enemy, this was all my field.”

“Were you a hero?” A smaller child asked.

“Everyone who fought against Hyperion was a hero young one.”

“Do… Do you have a name?” An even younger child asked. She didn’t look much older than eight. Odd how one eight year old can be so out of tune with the world, yet another can be completely immersed.

“What do you mean?”

“Well you’re a…”

“Ah, ha ha. A robot? So robots can’t have names?” The owner chuckled amusedly.

“Uh…” The child awkwardly and embarrassedly droned.

“My name was Dex, little one.” The Loader sat upon the throne of pearly marble laughed. Dex had done well for himself after the war. He was very intent on preserving and informing people of the war that befell Pandora. Everyone should know of the atrocities committed on the planet, and the horrors people were forced to endure for so long. After Pandora was colonised for a second time by civilised individuals, and Loaders were officially recognised by the universe as sentient beings, to be allowed to live their lives any way they see fit. Dex chose to spend his time preserving the war that gave him his independence. He’d changed his appearance a little since the war, but he was still usual colours, simply re painted. He did have a few medals welded to his torso, but besides that, he was normal.

The Dex?” One child asked amazedly.

“You know me?” Dex continued to laugh. He loved it when people recognised him. Just another sign that his teachings were far reaching.

“Are you kidding? My father told me so much about you! He used to be an engineer in the resistance you know!” The child explained excitedly.

“Ha ha, it’s good to know that he’s teaching you then.” Dex happily laughed.

“Did you know Ajax?” The child happily asked.

“Ajax?” Dex responded, his tone lowered a tad.

“Yea, did you know him? My father told me more about him than anyone else. About how he was the greatest hero of the war?” The child continued to ask.

“Hmm… There were many great heroes child… But, I think that Ajax was the most interesting.” Dex said to the children. Everyone was listening now. Who doesn’t like to hear about a good hero?

“Why would you say that?” The child interestedly asked.

“His story is a good one I suppose.” Dex lightly laughed, reminiscing.

“What’s his story?” The child asked again, still very interested.
Dex started to chuckle.
“So… You want to hear a story do you, eh?” Dex laughed as he hauled himself up from his throne and descended the great steps leading to it.

“Well…” Dex began. The throne slowly and noisily slit apart, and the two halves moved away.
In the centre, suspended in a stasis field atop a white marble plinth, was a pearly white, triple barrelled shotgun.
Dex reverently activated the speaker set into the plinth.
The speaker bellowed in a grainy, automated voice, "Accessing black box recording system - playing file 105d1b"

"Have I got a story for you." Dex chuckled.
No sooner than Dex finished his sentence, the speaker activated again.
From the speaker came two words. They were spoke in a grinding, damaged, mechanical groan of a voice. One that was incredibly scared, yet still alive. One that had been through a great ordeal, but came out standing tall. They were spoke with passion and pride. The words echoed throughout the room.

For Equestria...