• Published 22nd Aug 2011
  • 1,581 Views, 13 Comments

The Forgotten Battle of Equestria - lilinuyasha



Everypony knows the story of Luna's banishment. Most people don't realize that there was a war.

  • ...
5
 13
 1,581

Chapter 4

November 1

The massacre at the plains was horrible. Celestia’s army is more capable than we gave them credit for. Luna’s army is far superior, but Celestia’s is putting up quite a fight. We’re trying to replicate those bomb shooters we saw on the field. We’re trying to come up with a simpler name. Somepony suggested “catapult” but it sounds retarded. maybe “trebuchet”. (tre bu shay). We’ll figure it out after we succesfully build this thing.

On a side note, me and the other 5 in command, including Bomb Bastic, wound up getting lost in the everfree. Luna, however, always a creature of the night, wound up finding us. She’d always been elusive. Nopony other than the highest in command, Lion Heart, as he is dubbed, has seen her. Apparently she has an entire castle in the forest. She showed us it and didn’t let us leave until we swore secrecy. She senses a mole in the army. Only time will flush him out.

Mighty Hoofstrong

November 3

I don’t remember much of the plains battle. I remember getting slashed with a sword by my flank. I remember brief glimpses of Arrow Shooter, then a giant blank. I woke up yesterday in the infirmary in Canterlot. Celestia came up to me soon afterwards. She told me Arrow Shooter had saved my life. He threw me in the back of a chariot and told the pegasi to fly me back home. “Celestia can’t lose her great general.” She then broke the news to me that Arrow had died in the battle, charging in like a fool...like me...I don’t know how long I cried for. It hurts to write this even now. War is hell. This had better be worth it...this is costing me way too much. I’ve lost two brothers to Luna...My best friend...I don’t know what’s next.

Burly Hoofstrong

November 4

Luna showed up at our base of operations today. It was a shock to most of us. She first expressed her dislike of our mishandling of the plains. We understood that. Then she proceeded to tell us about her newest plan: Manehatten. She intends to take over Manehatten as a base, purging non-believers and gathering supporters. From the way she talks about it, it’d be more of a massacre than anything else. Less resistance is better, anyway.

Mighty Hoofstrong

November 6

Celestia gave a talk to the troops today, a bit of a morale booster. A bit of a warning, also. She stated her pleasure over the plains incident to cheer us up. Then she proceeded to tell us that if any more incompetence were to happen under our watch, we would be banished from Equestria. She senses another attack soon. After what happened at the great plains, I highly doubt she’d make another move soon.

Burly

November 8

Luna’s officially planned out her strategy. We’re going to attack at dusk on the 25th. We’ve prepared several fire bottles, torches, sharpened our knives and swords, and made newer armor to compensate for losses at the plains. We lost about half our army. A little less, but still a very significant number. This offensive will be it for us. If this fails, or Celestia gets word, we’re going to be caput. I’m confident in my skills though.

Mighty Hoofstrong

November 12

Celestia has sent Stipends of troops to all major cities, minus Fillydelphia. That is a lost cause. Hoofington, Neighjing, and Manehatten have all been sent a few hundred guards. The public feels safer that way. If Luna makes a move, there’ll at least be a little bit of resistance.

I’m able to trot around a bit better. Still can’t do so without pain, but it’s getting better. Celestia said I was lucky that I didn’t have to have it amputated. We simply don’t have enough funds for prosthetics.

Burly

November 15

Luna officially addressed the Dark Troopers about the plan. It was met with approval all the way from lower commanders to simple grunts. I’m hoping we get the chance to slaugher some ponies. I’ve been looking for something fun to do for a while.

Mighty Hoofstrong

November 16

Celestia’s going crazy again. She thinks Luna’s going to attack another city. After the blow we dealt them at the plains, I highly doubt they’ll be trying anything again. Her incessant yelling isn’t helping matters. I know she cares about her sister, but this is just insane.

Burly

November 19

The day approaches of our attack. Luna’s been a real genius so far with this. I’m sure she won’t let us down. Luna gave me clearance to make more demonstration of people who stubbornly refuse to admit Luna’s superiority. I shall take full advantage.

Mighty Hoofstrong

November 23

Celestia’s getting more belligerent about her feelings. She’s been very volatile lately and set very on edge. Yesterday, she yelled at the pony who served her tea for her after he nearly dropped it tripping on a ruffle in the rug. He was very frightened and unsure what to do. I later saw him crying in his quarters. He’s a brand new recruit. Celestia needs to take it easy. She’s been yelling at everypony lately and I’m frankly getting sick of it. She won’t take it easy until something big happens. I almost wish something would happen so she’d get off everypony’s ass. Then again, she’d probably yell more if something happened and we couldn’t stop it. This will go either one of two ways and I think everything will be fine. Luna can’t do anything while her army’s this low.

Burly

November 25

We’re hours away from moving. Everypony’s quite excited. Luna herself addressed the crowd as a morale booster. She’s visiting everypony more and more. She’s obviously getting confident and I don’t blame her. I must pack.

Mighty Hoofstrong