• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 2,170 Views, 49 Comments

A Final Twilight - Psicosis



Twilight has some royal business to attend to, but she must leave her friends behind.

  • ...
1
 49
 2,170

A Final Twilight

Twilight Sparkle was silently walking around her library so she didn’t wake the sleeping dragon in his bed. She was levitating several books and clothes into a suitcase laying open at the bottom of her bed. A letter still fresh within her mind, it’s words still hanging in her mind.

‘Dear Twilight Sparkle... Urgent... Regret... Need... Leave... Forever,’ She thought while closing the suitcase slowly as to not make any noise. Lifting the suitcase into the air using magic, she began to walk downstairs with it following behind her. She sneaked over to the desk under the window, lowered the suitcase, picked up the pen and began writing on a piece of paper laying in front of her. The moonlight barely illuminating her face and the paper.

She finished the letter off with her signature and turned away from it; leaving one damp circle beside the signature. She picked up her suitcase once more and stepped outside to the cold air of Ponyville. With the cold air blowing her mane around she started trotting towards the train station, little blue drops falling behind her; glistening within the moon’s light.

‘I never wanted this... I’m so sorry, but I need to do this alone. Duty calls... No matter how much duty may pain me. I hope with time you’ll all forgive me... Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Spike. I’ll miss you all...’

She arrived at the train station, panting and looking towards the cold wooden floor. She regained her breath and moved towards the railways; she sat down and placed the suitcase next to her. She unzipped it and took out five letters all sealed with the same insignia on them. Two ponies hugging with a heart above them. Her horn began to glow and each letter shot off in rapid speed towards the town, leaving the mare to herself once more.

A train pulled up beside her, blowing her mane around and bringing a deafening screech with it when it came to a halt, but Twilight didn’t move. She didn’t even look at it, she kept staring at the floor, a little streak of water running down her cheek. A pony stepped off the train, her multi colored mane blowing with the wind and her sympathetic eyes on the purple mare.

“It’s time Twilight... We must leave,” Princess Celestia said. Twilight didn’t move, she just laid there, shaking. “Please Twilight... I know this isn’t easy, but it must be done.” The princess said, trying to put on an understanding expression.

Twilight looked up at her mentor and tried to smile. “Yeah... Duty calls.” She said as she got back on her hooves. She walked slowly onto the train, not looking at her mentor she took her seat next to the window. Princess Celestia walked back onto the train, closing the door behind her and took the seat next to her student. She embraced her in a hug and whispered “I’m so sorry...” and the train took off again, it’s noise draining out the sounds of Twilight’s sorrow.

******

“Spike! Wake up! Spike you lazy dragon, get up!” Rainbow Dash shouted, pounding on the door with her hoof. The door swung open to reveal a groggy dragon that had just woke up. He was looking at his best friends, except for Twilight. “What... What is it? Why did you have to bother me at this time?,” Spike groaned, frustration hidden in his tone.

Rainbow Dash flew past him and the others followed, he closed the door behind them and looked at them all once more. “Well?” He asked again, tapping his foot on the floor. “We don’t know, we thought you’d have that answer. We all seemed to have received the same letter from Twilight, all it said was come to the library asap.” Rainbow said, holding a hoof to her face.

Spike was about to argue back until Rarity intervened. “Darlings... Come take a look at this.” She said, staring at a note that was sitting on Twilight’s desk. They all moved to sit around the note and began reading it to themselves.

‘Hello everypony.

I hope you’re all doing well this morning... I guess I should just get straight to the point, no point sugar coating it as Pinkie Pie would say. I’m sorry to tell you all... But I’m leaving and I can’t say I’ll ever be returning home...

I received a letter from Princess Celestia with a mission for me that will require me to leave... Forever. I’m sorry, but I can’t give you the mission details either, this is highly classified job.

It’s been two years since our perfect story began and I never wanted it to end... At least not like this, but all great things come to end at some point in time. I could never tell you face to face that I’m not coming home... It’s just too much. I know this cowardly, but this is the best I could do...

It’s never been so hard for me to say goodbye before, but I’ve never loved anypony as much as I loved all of you. My beautiful friends... You all mean the world to me and I hope you can all forgive me with time, but I wouldn’t blame any of you if resentment entered your hearts.

I have a little to say for each of you.

Rainbow Dash: I know it’s been two years since we met and you’re still trying for the wonderbolts, but please never give up! I have faith in you, if anyone can do it; it’s Equestria’s greatest flyer. Never let your dream die...

Rarity: The most beautiful pony I know... I wanted to thank you for all the beautiful fashion you’ve made made me these past two years and trust me. They didn’t go to waste, I’ve brought them all with me. Also please look after little spikey wikey as we both know he’s still a baby dragon and as for your boutique, keep up the gorgeous work, I sense the royals will soon see your impressive fashion.

Applejack: The greatest cider maker and apple bucker in all of Equestria... Thank you for the wonderful summers we spent together with your cider and apples. We may have never seen eye to eye, but even those days still made me smile... I hope your business blooms and you and your family become rich with bits. Take care AJ, don’t over do it if you remember the last time you did.

Pinkie Pie: The most random-est pony in all of Equestria... I never did figure you out, you are just so random, but without you... My days could of been full of gloom and boredom. You were always there to cheer me up and make me smile, even if I protested against it. So thank you Pinkie... For just being my friend and making me smile.

Fluttershy: The shyest pony in all of equestria, but with a hidden temper... Your ability to be so kind has always amazed me, and you deserve so much for what you’ve done for others, but I know I have no right to ask this, but I have to try... Please take little Spike into your home. I know he will be best with you, the animal lover. Please Fluttershy... Never become unkind.

Spike: The most manliest dragon in all of Equestria... I've raised you since you were a little egg. I hatched you and brought you up as my child... Yes my child. I view you as my little baby boy even if we are of different species, but doesn't mean I wouldn't love you any differently... You are my beautiful son. I love you forever and always... Your mother.

This is my final farewell... Goodbye everypony, I’m not coming home, but I still have all our memories and I will always cherish them within my heart... I love you all...

Yours faithfully
Twilight Sparkle’

They looked away from the letter and into each others eyes. Tears starting to build up in them, they didn't say any words, but they all knew how each other felt. A piece of their world had just been ripped away from them and no amount of time would ever heal it’s wound.