• Published 27th Oct 2012
  • 793 Views, 2 Comments

Nightmare at Midnight - Wynd~



Rainbow Dash has been having stange dreams, they get longer and longer. Pretty soon she's trapped.

  • ...
 2
 793

Blood and bones

Rainbow Dash slowly opened her sleepy eyes. She looked into the mirror, she laughed at the sight. Her mane was all messed up, and there was a line of wetness from her drooling. She looked into the clock: 12:00 midnight it read, early.....er, late, either one. The moon was covered up by the clouds, strange...... she had went to bed late because of one of Pinkie's crazy parties, and it had been only five minutes. It was impossible for the clouds to have came that quick. And the clouds were red. A creepy shape was outlined in the clouds, an evil, smiling, toothy one. Drip..drip...drip Rainbow Dash spun around, she was having the dream again. 'Oh, crap!' she thought, that wasn't good. She had had the dream multiple times before, everyone of them starting the same way, but getting longer and longer. 'No!' she thought, this only meant more seemingly endless torture and fear. She bit her lip, and tried to be brave. Her wall twisted and cracked until it opened into a twisting pathway, darker than ever. 'I'm not going through that again.' she thought turning around. But as she did, her bed and every thing broke like glass and fell away, into a black nothingness. Dash lifted a hoof and stepped back, the floor giving way in front of her, forcing to go into the pathway. She turned away and slowly stalked into it, keeping her eyes on the floor, knowing what she would see when she looked up. A moaning sound filled the entire room, getting louder each time. Rainbow heard hoof-steps, getting closer and closer. She squeezed her eyes shut, 'Oh no...ohnoohnoohno' She walked faster, than trotted, than galloped. The hoof-steps got closer- than stopped. Rainbow Dash paused listening, straining to hear. She hadn't ever gotten this far in the dream, if she had, it had always ended differently. She would get to the end of the tunnel, the hoof-steps getting closer and closer, than a great blackness would enclose her, ripping chunks of her away until she was nothing. She had no idea what would happen next. Taking a deep breath she stood up straight, her old self returning back to her, "Show yourself!" she yelled, "You big bastard!" Heavy breathing came from beside her, than all around her. A cracking, creepy, evil, quiet laugh echoed through the walls. Rainbow gulped, "Come out now!" her voice squeaked. Heh heh........ The laugh continued. Rainbow Dash punched the air, "I ain't afraid a' you!" she yelled, spinning around. Glowing red eyes opened in the darkness, illuminating the space around them, but not revealing the....thing. Rainbow's eyes got wide, "C-c-come out-t-t-t!" she stammered.
Heh heh.... the voice laughed. A black hoof with dark black firey darkness stepped out. The smiled lit up, "So your heeeere....." It said, "Heeeere fffor goooood," Rainbow was silent. "Was the matter? Arrren't youuu the famous Rainbow Dashhh? Thee bravesst flier in Equestria?" A faint outline of the shape showed.

"Thats r-right!" Rainbow Dash screamed, still stunned. Rainbow couldn't see it, but the smile got bigger, "Heh" the figure laughed, "Bewaaaareeee," it said sinking into the shadows, "Bewareeeeeeee........."

Rainbow Dash bit her lip, and continued back down the hallway, 'Whoah...' she thought. She walked for what seemed hours, not looking up, still knowing she would see.. THEM. She knew it, for tiny sounds echoed off the walls. She walked faster again, still sorta scared of what would happen. She had NEVER had a dream this long, and had never been this creeped out. But, she wasn't scared, Duh', Rainbow Dash never got scared. She finally reached the end, a dead end. The wall in-front of her twisted into an odd shape like a toothy mouth, and slit eyes. An evil maniacal laugh echoed out of it. She stepped in.

It was dark everywhere. No light, but when her eyes adjusted, she saw an old toy she used to have when she was a filly, a bright joyful pegasus plushie. "Mr. Flappy.....?" she said, walking closer. It was him! She picked him up. Looking closer, she saw differences, his smile was a bright red and was big and squiggly, like somepony had drawn it on him with a marker, "Ehhhhhh he heh heh heh," evil, dark laughter came out of the toy, it's eyes glowed red. Rainbow Dash dropped it in surprise.

"Blood and bones...

Blood and bones........

Blood and-"

The creepy song stopped, and Rainbow Dash froze. The toy stood up. It grew bigger, dark green arms with claws on the end came out, blood flowed out of it's mouth, the song quietly starting up again. The fabric peeled away, revealing more dripping, decaying skin,

"Blood and bones....
Blood and bones...
Blood and boneeeesssssss........