• Published 16th Oct 2012
  • 656 Views, 37 Comments

The Dark Mare - Writer of legends



A legend that Twilight lacks from her library that I have now made accsessable

  • ...
24
 37
 656

The legend

The Dark Mare started off like any other pony, except for that she had wings and a horn like that of a princess even though she was not royal. She could also change whether she had certain race characteristics such as horns and wings. During infancy her evil great aunt dropped her off in the Everfree Forest to die. Yet despite the odds stacked against her she still survived. She made her way to a small town by the name of Ponyville and went to school as an earth pony.

One fateful day she attended the cuteseniera of one of the richest ponies in school. During the cuteseniera she overheard the hostess talking about one of the earth ponies from school who had not attended the cuteseniera, this infuriated the Dark Mare so much that after yelling at her not to talk about her friend that way she transformed into a black dragon. After which she turned back into a pony and ran into the Everfree Forest and was never seen or heard from again. It is said that on the longest night of the year you can see the black dragon fly across the sky above the Everfree Forest. It is also said that she lives in the Everfree Forest and is always watching over that one pony, so if you pick on her beware of the Dark Mare.

Facts

It was later discovered that the earth pony that the Dark Mare was so fond of is a local resident of Ponyville and goes by the name Applejack. It was also discovered that she had two other friends by the names of Rarity and Pinkie Pie. The Dark Mare has been recently spotted with these three ponies as well as three more. All attempts to capture the Dark Mare have failed therefore no testing can explain her origin or source of power. All officials recommend not attempting to catch her even with large groups of armed ponies because it is just as dangerous as jumping into a volcano.