• Published 19th Oct 2012
  • 2,353 Views, 25 Comments

The New Gilda - Dreamscape



Gilda comes back to Ponyville a changed griffon but only Fluttershy understands.

  • ...
8
 25
 2,353

Chapter 2

"Fluttershy's been kidnapped!" Pinkie yelled as she burst through the library's front door. Twilight, Applejack and Rarity were all staring at her with looks of complete confusion on each of their faces, Aj managed to let out a "what?" "Gilda took her, that meanie griffon, we need to get her back, help!"

"Um, do you mind explaining this a little better Rainbow." Twilight said as she looked behind Pinkie and towards RD.

"Fluttershy was kidnapped by Gilda and we need to save her, what else do you need to know...see I told you Pinkie! I knew this would take too long."

"We need quite a bit more information before we can act." commented Rarity.

"First of all, are you absolutely sure she was kidnapped by Gilda? I know the griffon's bad but I didn't think she was that bad." Twilight questioned.

"Yes, well... I'm pretty sure." Dash thought aloud. "Well Fluttershy was with Gilda which is weird anyways, she wouldn't be that close to somepony she's so afraid of unless she was forced to. When we finally got Gilda away from her she was so shaken up that she couldn't even move and was mumbling stuff, I had to drag her with a rope."

"Did you by any chance happen to ask Gilda what was happening?" asked Twilight.

"Um...ya, she was kind of...dazed." mumbled Dash.

"Ya, Dash was like get away from her Gilda! and bam! smashed into her." said Pinkie as she jumped around excitedly.

"Rainbow!" scorned Twilight shaking her head.

"Can we pleaaase just let'r finish the story." Applejack said with impatience.

"Ya, there's more to it. I tried to get Fluttershy outta there as fast as I could, I think I did a pretty great job. I tied her up with a rope and tied the other end of it to me and sped off with Pinkie by my side. Out of nowhere I realized that Fluttershy is a lot lighter than she should be and notice she's gone. Gilda must have somehow snuck up behind us and snatched her right out of our hooves."

"Ya, there's no other way she could have just disappeared, unless she knows teleportation but I don't think she does, so it must have been Gilda." said Pinkie

"What if Fluttershy undid that knot herself?" chimed in AJ. "After all yur not the best cowpony in Equestria."

"But, why would she go back to Gilda? asked Twilight.

"Maybe she wanted to be with Gilda and not tied up like a pig." said Applejack

"How dare you Applejack! Fluttershy would never acquaint herself with such a mongrel, especially after all Gilda's done." Rarity yelled her voice filled with drama.

"Sorry, yur right, Fluttershy would never do that... I can't even see her gettin a word out bein so shy and all." said Applejack.

"Come on Twilight, please, please, PLEASE! believe us. You didn't believe me the first time but Gilda was a meanie." said Pinkie beginning to frown and lower her head.

"Your right Pinkie but I don't want to believe something so terrible like that happened. All you've said points to it being the truth though . If you two are right we need to do something now....oh poor Fluttershy!" said Twilight shaking her head.

"Ya were did she take her RD?" Applejack asked.

"That's exactly why I was trying to hurry! but you had to ask questions....they could be anywhere by now." said Dash her eyes beginning to fill with tears.

"Don't worry we'll find Fluttershy no matter what." said Twilight gently placing her hoof on Rainbow's shoulder.

"Yes, no matter what." said Dash her head rising high into the air. She quickly began brushing the tears from her eyes with her hoof.

"Oh, are you alright?" asked Fluttershy landing beside Glida.

"Ya, I'm fine don't worry about it." said Gilda holding her claw to her head.

"I'm so sorry. I don't know what's gotten into those two." said Fluttershy slowly shaking her head.

"It's not your fault, and I deserved that after what I've done." said Gilda in a very sincere tone.

"No, it's much worse than that. They...they thought you were trying to kidnap me." Fluttershy nervously mumbled. "I tried to explain everything to them but...they wouldn't listen to me...they never listen to me."

"Alright no worries, well thanks for trying. I guess I have to explain to them that I would never do anything like that, not anymore!" Gilda said struggling to control her anger. "Sorry about that...I really don't like being angry, that's the old me."

"It's okay to be mad for the right reasons, just as long as you don't hurt anypony or let it control you....They were heading towards Ponyville, I'll come with you."

Fluttershy and Gilda began walking the path towards Ponyville. The birds and animals went about their day in the trees and underbrush along the trail , every once and a while one would approach Fluttershy and greet her. Between these small interruptions, Fluttershy and Gilda were talking. The two were talking about everything from animals to the skies and flying to Gilda's past and her regrets.