• Published 23rd May 2024
  • 123 Views, 9 Comments

The Wings of Survival - Mady_Sky



Everything was fine for Mady Sky and Twilight Sparkle the day before, until they woke up in a familiar but different place..

  • ...
 9
 123

Chapter 3: The Quest for Truth

]Days blend into one another in the resistance camp. The air is thick with tension and fear, but also resilience and camaraderie. The ponies, each in their own way, are adapting to their new reality. Among them, Mady and Twilight are determined to uncover the truth about their memories and understand the nature of this world. Solar, the resistance commander, is an imposing figure. Each morning, he reviews the teams before their missions. Today, his gaze falls on Mady and Twilight, waiting for their assignment. His eyes are dark, marked by years of battle.


“Mady, Twilight,” he says in a grave voice, drawing their attention. “Your first official mission is to find Shining Armor. He didn’t return from his last mission and we’ve lost contact. Here are the last known coordinates.”

He hands them a map marked with red dots, indicating the places where Shining Armor was last seen. Mady takes it, her eyes quickly scanning the information. She looks up at Solar, her expression determined.

“Do you have any additional information that could help us locate him? Clues about what he was specifically looking for?” she asks.

Solar hesitates, his gaze hardening. He knows the mission is perilous. “He was investigating a possible source of the virus. If you find anything, bring it back to the camp immediately.”

Twilight, standing beside Mady, cannot hide her anxiety. She turns a worried look to her companion. “I hope we can find him quickly. And that everything will be alright...”

Sensing Twilight’s distress, Mady places a comforting hoof on her shoulder. “Don’t worry, Twi. I’ll protect you, no matter what. We’ll succeed.”


The group prepares to leave the camp. Roselight and Snowflake, two of Solar’s deputies, join them. Roselight is a pegasus with a soft, calming mane, while Snowflake is more austere and reserved. Together, they form a diverse but complementary team. As they cautiously advance through the ruined city, Twilight finds herself alongside Roselight. Seeking to understand her mission companions better, she starts a conversation.


“Roselight,” begins Twilight in a soft voice, “what did you do before all this? Before our world became like this?”

Roselight smiles slightly, her gaze momentarily lost in the past. “I was a librarian. I lived in a peaceful little village, surrounded by books and knowledge. It was a simple life but full of beauty. I loved sharing stories and knowledge with others.”

Curious, Twilight continues. “And your family? Did you have loved ones?”

Roselight’s smile fades slightly. “Yes, I had a family. A younger brother and loving parents. But we were separated when everything went wrong. I don’t know what happened to them. It’s my greatest fear, discovering that they didn’t survive.”

Twilight places a comforting hoof on Roselight’s shoulder. “I’m sorry. I hope you can find them safe and sound someday.”

Roselight nods, grateful. “Thank you, Twilight. And you? What did you do before all this?”

“I was a passionate student,” Twilight replies with a nostalgic smile. “Always seeking new knowledge and spells to learn. I never imagined I’d find myself in such a situation.”

Snowflake, who had been walking silently beside them, joins the conversation. “I come from the mountains. I watched over nature and its creatures, ensuring the ecological balance of my region. Before the apocalypse, I was responsible for my community’s security.”

Twilight looks at Snowflake with interest. “That’s impressive. And how did you manage the transition to life in the resistance?”

“Through discipline and control,” Snowflake replies with cold determination. “I’m skilled in survival and military strategy. Here, every day is a fight, and action is the only thing that keeps us alive.”

Roselight adds, looking at Snowflake with respect, “Snowflake is a figure of discipline and courage. She motivates us all to keep fighting.”

Twilight nods, impressed. “It’s an honor to have both of you as mission companions. Together, I’m sure we will succeed.”


The group moves forward, strengthening their bonds through their exchanges. The streets are littered with debris, the dilapidated buildings bearing witness to the violence that struck this place. The sinister growls of zombies occasionally resonate, adding to the atmosphere of latent terror. Suddenly, a metallic noise echoes behind them. A group of zombies emerges from the shadows, their empty, hungry eyes fixed on the ponies. Mady reacts instantly, positioning herself in front of Twilight to protect her.


“Watch out!” she shouts, drawing her weapon.


With fierce skill, Mady fights the zombies, her movements swift and precise. She strikes with force, determined to protect Twilight at all costs. She uses precise blows, aiming for the head and weak points of the zombies to maximize the effectiveness of her attacks. Twilight, though panicked, tries to support Mady, often finding herself in danger. Each time, Mady intervenes, her protective instinct taking over. Snowflake and Roselight, for their part, fight with perfect synchronization. Snowflake uses her brute strength and precision to take down the zombies, while Roselight focuses on immediate care and strategic attacks. Together, they form a formidable duo.


At the heart of the battle, Mady feels a surge of adrenaline. Her gaze hardens as she strikes a zombie dangerously close to Twilight. “Step back, Twilight!” she cries, her voice trembling with emotion. “I won’t let anything happen to you!”

Terrified but determined, Twilight continues to support Mady with defensive spells, trying to keep the zombies at bay. “Take care of yourself too, Mady!”


Minutes pass like hours as the battle rages on. Every movement is crucial, every decision decisive. Finally, after a relentless effort, the group manages to eliminate the zombies, leaving behind a heavy and oppressive silence.


Breathless, Mady turns to Twilight, taking her in her arms. “Are you alright?”

Twilight nods, tears in her eyes. “Yes, thanks to you. Thank you, Mady.”

Roselight and Snowflake join the duo, sharing a look of relief. “We made it this time,” says Roselight softly. “But we must remain vigilant.”

Snowflake, still on guard, adds, “We must keep going. Shining Armor is out there somewhere.”

Mady, struggling to hold back her emotion, hugs Twilight tightly before standing up. “Yes, let’s continue. We must find him. Together, we will.”


The small team continues their progress through the devastated city. The ruins around them testify to the violence and chaos that have transformed their world. Every street corner, every ruined building could hide deadly dangers, but they move forward with determination, aware of the importance of their mission. Mady, leading the way, carefully scans the surroundings, looking for any sign of Shining Armor’s presence. Twilight walks beside her, her thoughts oscillating between worry for her brother and determination to uncover the truth. Roselight and Snowflake bring up the rear, their vigilance unwavering. Turning a corner, the group comes upon an old library, its collapsed walls revealing rows of damaged, dusty books. Roselight stops for a moment, a mix of nostalgia and sadness in her eyes.


“It used to be a place of knowledge and peace,” she murmurs. “Now, it’s just a vestige of what we’ve lost.”

Twilight places a comforting hoof on Roselight’s shoulder. “We will find a way to restore all this. One day, this world will regain its beauty and serenity.”

Roselight nods, appreciating Twilight’s support. “I hope so. For now, let’s focus on our mission.”

As they explore the library’s surroundings, they come across a series of marks on the ground, resembling footprints. Mady crouches to examine them more closely.

“These prints are fresh,” she says. “Shining Armor may have passed through here recently.”

Snowflake, attentive, observes the marks with her. “These marks indicate he wasn’t alone. There could be survivors or enemies with him. Stay on guard.”


The group follows the tracks, which lead them to a dilapidated building further down the street. The broken windows and ajar door suggest a recent intrusion. Mady signals the group to approach discreetly. They advance in silence, ready for anything. Entering the building, they discover a room that seems to have been used recently. Scattered supplies, blankets, and remnants of a fire indicate a temporary occupation. In the center of the room, they find a partially burned document. Roselight, despite her gentle demeanor, shows formidable efficiency in combat. She uses healing techniques to keep her companions healthy while launching strategic magical attacks against the zombies. Snowflake, on the other hand, fights with impressive brute strength. Her blows are powerful, crushing the zombies with icy ferocity. She coordinates the team's movements, ensuring an impenetrable defense against the assailants. The battle is intense. The zombies, more numerous and aggressive, test the limits of the team's endurance and coordination. But thanks to their determination and teamwork, they manage to repel the horde. The bodies of zombies litter the ground, and a heavy silence falls over the area.


Breathless but victorious, the group regroups. Mady makes sure Twilight is okay, her gaze expressing a mix of relief and pride. Roselight and Snowflake check the surroundings, confirming that no immediate danger threatens them.

“We did it,” says Roselight, wiping the sweat from her forehead. “But we must stay vigilant.”

Twilight, still reeling from the adrenaline, nods. “Yes. Let’s keep going. Shining Armor might not be far.”

Mady takes a deep breath, squeezing Twilight’s hoof. “Together, we’ll find a way to save this world. We’ll find Shining Armor and the antidote. Nothing can stop us.”


The group resumes their journey, more united and determined than ever. Their trials only strengthen their bond and their resolve to overcome obstacles. Each step brings them closer to their goal, and each battle won makes them stronger. Together, they will continue to seek the truth and fight for a better future.


Mady, Twilight, Rose and Snow go in search of Shining Armor. (drawing made by me)[/url