• Published 9th Oct 2012
  • 1,641 Views, 13 Comments

Randoms in between shows - Jewel_Eater_Dragon



Things that happened that were never explained.

  • ...
 13
 1,641

Injury. Episode : AppleBuck Season

Her eyes opened and a yawn slowly escaped her lips. She blinked her eyes, not really wanting to get up just yet. The rooster crowed only a few moments ago and a sliver of sunlight shone in through the curtains, shining directly into her green emerald eye.

She tossed in bed, hid her head under the covers and turned around, her back now facing the offending beam of light. She heard a knock on the door, and then the creaking of its hinges as the door slowly opened. A rough call of her name stirred her again. And she looked at the pony. A strong red pony. She mumbled something that seemed to satisfy him. He turned around and walked away, leaving her door open. A sigh escaped her lips. She knew she just had to wake up. Things needed to be done and it wasn’t going to take care of itself. If only there was something to motivate her. She looked at her bedside table, noticing the golden ticket just sitting there.

Applejack was lying in bed; the Golden ticket to the Grand Galloping Gala between her hoofs. Giggling to herself, feeling mighty pleased that she is now one of the exclusive guest to one of the most exclusive Galas in all of Equestria. She just lay there for a moment, daydreaming about the Gala.

“Applejack!” Applebloom yelled for her sister from the kitchen. “Come down for breakfast already!”

Applejack sat up, looking at the clock. Yes it was time to get up. But she could not allow such a dream to end so abruptly. So she lay back down, her ticket against her chest. “Another minute or so won’t hurt.” She thought to herself. Unfortunately, that sentiment was not shared by Granny Smith.

“Applebloom dearie, go on up there and see what is taking that sister of yours so long. Its not like her to be late for breakfast.”

“Aww Granny, do I hafta?” Applebloom whined. “Go on now, just see what’s keeping her.” Granny Smith insisted. “Okay.” Applebloom finally agreed, looking a little sour. She slowly made her way upstairs. Her sister’s room is directly in front of the staircase.

Once there, she peeked into her sister’s room. She found Applejack still in bed, holding something against her chest, grinning like a silly filly dreaming about her first crush. Applebloom quietly snuck in, creeping low as to not make a sound. She made it safely to the foot of her sister’s bed, who apparently was still daydreaming. Applebloom held her breath as she slowly stood up. She looked at her sister, still grinning to herself. Applebloom quietly took in a lungful of air, her mind already racing, thinking of all the trouble she’s gonna get into. It’s too late now….

“WHA’CHA GOT THERE APPLEJACK!!!!” Applebloom screamed at the top of her voice!

Applejack leapt up in pure shock, clearing a good meter off the bed before crashing back down. She twisted in mid-air and landed in a rather awkward position which caused her to bounce right off the bed. She landed on her stomach with a loud thud, the wind slightly knocked out of her.

Applebloom on the other hand was laughing her flank off, rolling on the floor, her hooves bunched up against her tiny body, as tears flowed from her eyes. However, she recovered quickly, well, quicker than Applejack who was just only starting to realize what had happened.

“What’s this?” Applejack heard her sister ask. Quickly, she shot up and turned around. Applebloom had the Golden Ticket in one hoof. At first, Applejack was feeling rather upset with her little sister, but that sweet smiling face as well as the little filly handing back the Ticket cooled her anger quite a bit. Applejack could never stay mad at Applebloom on the account that she knew deep down that Applebloom was only playing and never meant any harm. But that didn’t mean she’d get away with that little prank earlier.

“That’s my Galloping Gala ticket you have there.” Applejack said as she nipped the ticket back and placing it on her bedside table. “And I’m gonna be attending that Gala later this year.” Applejack said rather proudly.

“You Applejack. Hah, I thought that was only for sophisticated ponies.” Applebloom said.

“What was that?” Applejack was taken aback. “You think that ah can’t be sophisticated?” She said, now with an evil glint in her eyes. “You know what squirt, I was about to let you off earlier, what with you scaring the daylights outta me, but now, I think you deserve ‘the punishment’.” Applejack said as she loomed closer and closer towards Applebloom.

“Oh no… Applejack… ya… yah wouldn’t” Applebloom backed off nervously.

“Oh yes my little filly, yes I do….”

“What in tarnation are those two doing up there? Big Mac, go check on yer sisters, the foods getting cold.” Granny Smith rasped out rather impatiently.

“Okay granny.” Big Mac said obediently as he got off his chair and moved towards the stairs.

“Now what could be taking those two so long” Big Mac was thinking to himself as he began climbing the stairs to Applejack’s room. “Surely they had to be up by now.” Big Mac grinned suddenly thinking that Applebloom might be bouncing on her siste’s bed, trying to get her to come down. However, halfway up, he suddenly heard shrieks coming from above. Shrieks of laughter that sounded like Applebloom. “Not again.” Big Mac thought to himself.

“Hah! You think its funny do ya yer little filly!” Applejack mock yelled at her sister as she ran her hooves up and down her little sisters back and flank.

“Please heeeheehee! Stop Applejack! Haah aaaha! I’m sorry… aaaah! I’m haaha! Soorrrriiieeee!!!!! Hahaha!” Applebloom pleaded in between laughs and giggles as she desperately tried to crawl away towards the stairs in a feeble attempt to escape the terrible tickling she was getting.

“Uh uh… no way little sis, ya had this a’coming and yer getting what ya deserves.” And with that she pulled her shoulders up, flipping Applebloom towards her and onto her back just as she was about to make her escape down the staircase. She was now laying down outside Applejack's room, her muzzle facing Applejack’s.

“Please, please! Stop!” Applebloom continued pleading, as Applejack continued her unrelenting tickle assault on the little filly.

Suddenly, “What in tarna-OOF!” was the only thing Applejack heard as Applebloom, in her wild attempt to escape, accidentally gave one hard kick, landing her hooves squarely against Big Mac’s chin as he came up the stairs.

“Yeow!! Ow!! Oof!! Argh!! Uhh!! Oof!! Thud…..” and all went silent as Big Mac lay sprawled at the bottom of the staircase. His face against the floor as his legs hung, dangling over his head.

The two sisters came rushing down towards their fallen brother.

“BIG MAC!” Applebloom called out in terror and concern. “Ah’m sorry, ah’m sorry, ah’m sorry, ah’m sorry, ah’m sorry…” Applebloom almost chanted. “Ah didn’t mean it…” she continued, tears in her eyes.

Applejack arrived a few minutes after, a look of concerned in her eyes. “Ah just called the doc. He’ll be here lickaty split, you’ll see.” She tried to reassured him. “Are you okay Big Mac?”

He rolled his eyes to look up at her, his straw of hay still in his mouth. After a moment, he answered… “Nnope…”