• Published 5th Apr 2024
  • 207 Views, 11 Comments

Within You - fancybloom



While Twilight's babysitting Flurry Heart, the Cutie Map assigns her a new mission whose location quickly worries her. She'll need a lot of courage when she finally realizes her new mission is to reform one of her oldest and most evil enemies.

  • ...
 11
 207

Introduction

It was a calm day in Ponyville, the sun was at its highest point, illuminating and giving all of Equestria a beautiful and enjoyable day.

The princess of friendship was flying through the halls of her palace, chasing her alicorn little niece, who was laughing happily, entertained with the excitement of playing with her aunt.

The rulers of the Crystal Empire were on an important royal trip, one impossible to postpone. While the little princess' official crystallizer and caretaker, Sunburst, had other obligations to attend to.
So with no other options left, the Princess of Friendship had to take care of her (although she didn't mind anyway, she loved taking care of her niece).

The purple pony abruptly stopped her running when she felt a vibration on her side.

Her cutie mark was vibrating, and that could only mean one thing: A new friendship mission.

She took the baby and put her on her back, the latter complaining because she wanted to continue playing.
She quickly headed towards the main room (which is where the map was located) and she was unable to hide how this new mission was exciting her quite a bit, it had been a while since the map had called her on friendship missions, it had been calling only her friends, all of them together, which made her feel a little of sadness, because she was beginning to feel excluded, even when she knew that it was not her friends' fault; if it were up to them, they would all always go together.

As she thought about that, she remembered the many things that had been beginning to change, because although her relationship with her friends was the same, at the same time it was also not.

They didn't see each other as much as before, they didn't share as much as before, and if they did see each other, it was only a quick greeting, a quick topic, and goodbye, since they always had things to do.

Also lately, there was interesting news, like that Discord had asked Fluttershy to be his marefriend, something she had accepted.
And it's not that it seemed strange to her, on the contrary, in reality from afar it could be noticed the great appreciation that they both had for each other, and she was very happy for her two friends.
But she still felt that this was somehow going to change things even more.

The same with Pinkie Pie, she also had a boyfriend, something that had surprised everyone because it happened from one day to the next and it was something very unexpected. Curiously, this pony's coltfriend was none other than Cheese Sandwich, a pony with whom the first time they had met, it didn't take them long to start competing.

The irony of life.

Rarity was not far behind, although there was nothing official yet, the pony with the curly purple mane was all the time with the high society pony called Fancy Pants, she talked a lot about him, also adding that she had already admitted that it would not bother her absolutely if they ever became more than just friends. She was sure that at any moment those two would announce their union as a couple.

And last but never least, her dearest Applejack and Rainbow Dash; They had always been very close—competitive, too—, but they had recently admitted that they were more than just two friends who liked to challenge each other; Although it had taken them a long time to get to that point, since they were both equal, it was not very easy for them to show and say what they really felt.
She was really happy that the two of them were together, since they complemented each other very well.

And that was why she was very happy for her friends, but a very deep feeling sometimes wished that things had not changed so much. And she felt like a horrible being for having that slightest thought.

Many things had changed, which made her very nostalgic; and she didn't even want to think about the things that still needed to change.

A sudden squeak from the baby alicorn still on her back made her immediately disconnect from her inner thoughts, realizing that she had been standing in front of the small mission map for like five minutes without even taking a look at the location of her assigned mission.

She pushed her thoughts away for later and focused on where the magical map was sending her this time; surprise and confusion quickly took control of her face.

"The Ice of the Arctic North?"

Author's Note:

Hi! Hope you're doing well.

There are some things about this fic I need to clarify.

First, I'm non-native english speaker, so this fanfic could have (and I know it will) a lot of things related to grammar wrong, to which I apologize in advance.

Second, this fanfic was created in 2021, three years ago, which is the explanation as to why the first chapters will not be the best to read, but if you decide to give it a chance, I promise the following chapters will be way better (not a professional work of art, obviously; but more decent).

If you happen to wonder why I just don't edit the chapters for them to be as good as the others, I have my personal reasons, ok?

Last but not least, I like to tell people that I am a very sensitive person for them to keep it in mind before commenting anything, so if you ever wanna comment or criticize something, you can do it as long as you do it respectfully; 'cause I do take critics, but, as I said, only if they're respectful.

Constructive criticism is always welcome. :twilightsmile:

That's all for now, have a good day.