• Published 2nd Apr 2024
  • 113 Views, 0 Comments

MLP: One as a Family: A Golden Week in Exile - SaburoDaimando



A prologue to the upcoming Operation Daisy Joy and Beyond Saga

  • ...
 0
 113

09: An Unexpected Buggy Meeting

An Unexpected Buggy Meeting

“I don't like wandering through these woods. Especially if there are pigs around.”

Those words came from a worried Starlight Glimmer, who walked on her two legs while holding her arms with her front hooves. Walking alongside her were Wanda Young, Abigail Albright, Misty Brightdawn, Pinkie Pie, Golden Lace, Cozy Glow and King Sombra.

“Relax, Starlight,” Wanda said. “Besides, we didn't see any pigs when we first discovered the ruins of the Drakians.”

“That's right,” Pinkie Pie said as she hopped up next to Starlight. “Besides, if we see any pigs, we’ve got Golden Lace here to scare them off.”

“Oh come on,” Golden Lace said. “I shouldn't abuse my Wolf's Breath Curse like that.”

But all King Sombra did was chuckle at the sight of Pinkie Pie and Golden Lace, much to the annoyance of the latter.

“Oh come on,” Golden Lace said. “Don’t tell me you think I should use my Wolf’s Breath Curse.”

“Now that won’t be necessary,” King Sombra said with a hearty laugh. “While I did come with you just to see the carving, I’m willing to protect all of you from any harm that comes our way.”

But the only thing Golden Lace could do was sigh.

“It’s okay, Lace,” Wanda said. “You don’t need to protect Starlight with your Wolf’s Breath curse. Besides, I’m capable of doing just that.”

“I know,” Golden Lace said. “But sometimes, I wish Pinkie Pie could just quit teasing me about my curse. It’s not for practical use.”

“Oh come on,” Pinkie Pie said. “It’s not like there’s some kind of danger lurking in the Emerald Woods and all.”

Suddenly, Pinkie Pie stopped hoping for a moment as her mane began to shake violently.

“Pinkie Pie?” Starlight said. “Is something up?”

“Unfortunately, yes,” Pinkie Pie said, looking at her shaking mane. “I think there’s danger around these parts.”

“Oh no,” Starlight cried. “There’s pigs around here.”

Immediately, Starlight ran on two legs up to Wanda and hid behind her.

“Wanda,” Starlight cried. “Keep those pigs away from me. I beg of you.”

Wanda just giggled before turning towards Pinkie Pie, whose mane continued to shake.

“Pinkie,” Wanda said. “You don’t suppose that mane is detecting pigs nearby.”

“No, this man doesn't consider pigs as a threat,” Pinkie Pie said.

“Then if it’s not the pigs, then what?” Wanda asked.

But before Pinkie Pie could answer, she immediately faced forward, her eyes shrunk down and her jaw dropped.

“Pinkie?” Wanda said. “Are you alright?”

“I am,” Pinkie Pie said before pointing forward. “But you might as well ask that question to them.”

Wanda, Starlight, Cozy Glow, Golden Lace, Misty Brightdawn, Abigail and King Sombra immediately looked in the direction where Pinkie Pie is pointing. Starlight and Misty looked like they were about to freak out, King Sombra took a defensive stance, while Wanda, Cozy Glow and Golden Lace just stood there, either confused or unmoved.

“That….that’s worse than pigs,” Starlight cried.

Right in front of everyone was Inferno, Quickstrike and Waspinator, who stood still, staring at the group.

“I knew it was a bad idea to come out in these here parts,” Quickstrike said.

“Don’t do anything rash,” Inferno said. “You don’t want them to warn the others.”

But as Quickstrike stood perfectly still, Waspinator slowly walked up to the group with a friendly smile on his face.

“Uhhh….hello?” Waspinator said.

Immediately, Starlight Glimmer, Misty Brightdawn and Pinkie Pie screamed loudly, startling all three Predacons.

“GEEZ, THAT’S LOUD!” Quickstrike yelled.

Immediately, Starlight Glimmer and Misty Brightdawn ran from the group and backed themselves into a tree while King Sombra threw himself out in front of the group and glared down at the three Predacons.

“Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t vaporize you three,” King Sombra snarled.

“FOOL!” Inferno yelled. “You dare to raise your magic against the most loyal of Queen Chrysalis’ hive? Allow me to teach you a lesson. INFERNO, TERRORIZE!”

Immediately, Inferno shapeshifted into his robotic beast form, dodging a magic shot that came out of King Sombra’s horn, before pulling out a giant blaster and aiming it at Sombra’s head.

“Give me one good reason why you shouldn’t burn, King Sombra,” Inferno said.

“You wanna get nuts?” Inferno shouted. “COME ON, LET’S GET NUTS!”

But as Inferno and King Sombra stared each other down, Wanda Young immediately ran up and got in between the two.

“Enough,” Wanda shouted. “We shouldn’t be fighting like this.”

“Wanda, are you out of your mind?” King Sombra said. “He’s hostile towards us.”

“And he has the audacity to challenge the royalty,” Inferno responded.

But as Inferno and King Sombra grumbled at each other, Wanda became clearly agitated, and took a deep breath.

“THIS IS WHAT GOLD BANKS WANTS US TO DO!” Wanda shouted. “BESIDES, WASN’T IT YOUR QUEEN WHO ALLIED HERSELF WITH MY MOMMY?”

Inferno and King Sombra paused for a moment. The former held his blaster back while the latter raised his head as they both stared at each other.

“I’m afraid the man’s cub has a point there,” Inferno said. “We do share a common enemy.”

“Something we’re all quick to forget,” King Sombra said. “But just because we have a common enemy doesn’t mean we see eye to eye.”

“Agreed,” Inferno said.

Suddenly, both Inferno and King Sombra were startled by Pinkie Pie yelling out loud. The duo glared at Pinkie, who was screaming like she was enjoying it.

“Oh for the love of the royalty,” Inferno said. “Will you please keep it down?”

Pinkie Pie paused for a moment, noticing Inferno and King Sombra glaring down at her.

“What?” Pinkie Pie said. “It’s actually fun to scream in horror.”

“Sometimes, I don't seem to get you, young lady,” King Sombra said.

Inferno, Quickstrike and Waspinator turned away from Pinkie Pie, shaking their heads in disbelief. Wanda turned to King Sombra and whispered something in his eye.

“Good idea,” King Sombra said.

As Wanda walked away from the Predacon brothers, Golden Lace and Cozy Glow approached them.

“Don't mind Pinkie Pie,” Cozy Glow said. “She's a bit on the nuts side.”

“You're telling us,” Quickstrike said in a cold tone. “Then again, we're surprised that you're not afraid of us.”

“After what my mom put us through, I feel sorry for your species rather than being afraid,” Golden Lace said. “Besides, didn't you three work alongside Wanda?”

“Waspinator remembers what happened on Mount Aris,” Waspinator said. “Waspinator remembers changelings and Windigos attacking hippogriffs until Gold Banks launched her own attack. And then Waspinator…”

Immediately, Cozy Glow placed her hoof on Waspinator's mouth, causing the predacon to go silent.

“You need not say anything else,” Cozy Glow said. “I believe you. Besides, I think Wanda's helping someone out.”

Waspinator looked behind Cozy Glow and saw Wanda reach out to Starlight Glimmer and Misty Brightdawn, who had their eyes on all three predacons.

“Human bug?” Waspinator said, catching Wanda's attention.

“It's okay,” Wanda said, directing her attention to Waspinator. “I'm not afraid of you, because I remember the good things you've done for me.”

Inferno and Quickstrike nodded to Waspinator before the youngest of the three changeling brothers flapped his wings and flew over to Princess Wanda. Starlight and Misty paused, looking at the changeling in fear.

“Human bug remembers Waspinator's kindness?” Waspinator asked.

“I do, and not just for being by my side on Mount Aris,” Wanda said as Starlight and Misty stared at Waspinator. “I remember when Gold Banks tried to take me during the wedding of Buck Withers and Lemony Gem. While my mommy and your queen fought each other, you saved me from Gold Banks when she tried to take me away.”

“Wanda, is this true?” Misty Brightdawn asked.

“It's true,” Wanda said. “I haven't forgotten the kindness he displayed on that day. And don't worry. He won't hurt you.”

“Are you…sure about that?” Starlight asked, keeping her eyes on Waspinator.

“I am,” Wanda responded with a warm smile. “And it's okay. He won't hurt you.”

Starlight Glimmer looked up at Waspinator, who reached down with his front right hoof.

“You have Waspinator's word,” Waspinator said. “Waspinator won't harm filly bug.”

Starlight Glimmer slowly reached out towards Waspinator with her front right hoof. But before she could touch Waspinator's hoof, she looked behind Waspinator, and became nervous once more.

“NOOOOOO!” Starlight screamed. “GET AWAY FROM ME!”

Immediately, Starlight Glimmer turned around and climbed up a tree in horror, leav8ng Waspinator by himself.

“Waspinator did nothing wrong,” Waspinator cried. “What did Waspinator do wrong?”

“Uhh, Waspinator,” Wanda said. “Look behind you.”

Waspinator turned around and saw a pig look up at Starlight Glimmer. The pig ignored the predacon and casually walked up to Starlight, who only freaked out even more.

“Get away you big mean pig,” Starlight cried. “You scare me.”

“Why is filly bug afraid of a pig?” Waspinstor asked.

“It's a long story,” Misty said. “But I think I better take care of this.”

Misty walked up to the pig and got in between the animal and Starlight Glimmer. As the swine looked up at the scared Starlight, Misty started waving her hooves at it.

“Come on,” Misty yelled. “Get going. Scram. Leave her alone.”

As the pig tried to stare at the scared Starlight Glimmer, Misty blocked the animal with her body, yelling and waving her arms and hooves. Eventually, the pig grew frustrated and walked away from Misty before going down another path. Starlight peeked her head out and saw the pig walk off in the distance.

“Is…it leaving?” Starlight asked.

“It is,” Misty responded. “And don't worry. I won't let that pig harm you.”

Misty held Starlight close as she slowly pulled her from the side of the tree. She then turned Starlight around to Wanda and Waspinator while holding onto the twin tailed light purple fully. As Starlight opened her eyes, she turned around and saw Waspinator reached to her, once more.

“Waspinator sorry that filly bug is afraid of pigs,” Waspinator said. “Waspinator forgives folly bug.”

Starlight slowly reached out and placed her hoof on Waspinator’s hoof before gripping it tight. Misty slowly released her hold on Starlight before the twin-tailed filly stepped down, allowing Waspinator to gently pull Starlight close. Wanda walked up to Misty and stood by her side as Starlight looked up at Waspinator.

“You’re not scary,” Starlight said. “In fact, you’re…kinda fun.”

“Waspinator never got that kind of compliment from a pony,” Waspinator said. “Waspinator takes little filly bug’s compliment at face value.”

But as Wanda and Misty were laughing out loud, everyone else walked up to the group, especially King Sombra, who looked slightly eased, and Inferno, who had transformed back into his changeling form.

“Seems the youngest of the Predacon changelings have proven to be a gentlecolt towards the fillies,” King Sombra said. “Very well. As long as you three don’t cause any harm, I see no reason to do the same.”

“As a vassal of the royalty, I can assure you that no one will be attacked,” Inferno said. “You have my word.”

“Very well,” King Sombra said. “Then as long as you three are not hostile, you are free to accompany us to the underground caverns where Wanda discovered the wall carvings about the ancient goddess: Lily-Hikari.”

But in an instant, Quickstrike laughed embarrassingly.

“Well it’s funny you should say that about the underground cavern,” Quickstrike said.

“Is that the place where you and your changeling princess are camping out?” Pinkie Pie asked as she dashed towards and stood in front of Quickstrike.

“Wait,” Quickstrike said, startled. “How in the heck do you know all about that?”

“Oh just a hunch,” Pinkie Pie said. “Plus Mr and Mrs Cake and I gave your Windigo friend plenty of cake for you to eat.”

“Wait,” Waspinator said. “Pink pony bug knows we were here?”

But Waspinator’s response caused Wanda to laugh out loud as she walked up to the green changeling.

“Silly Waspinator,” Wanda said as Abigail walked along her. “That’s just Pinkie Pie. Besides, she told us about her meeting with Crystal Snow the other day.”

“So, you all knew that we were here?” Quickstrike asked.

“Truth be told, I was pulling your leg when I acted a bit hostile,” King Sombra said. “I wanted to make sure you were upholding your end of the truce that Princess Celestia implemented since the Mount Aris incident. Apologies for our deception, and for the fact that a couple of younglings were caught off guard.”

Inferno grumbled a bit. He turned around and began walking away from the group.

“Follow me,” Inferno said. “I will lead you safely to our secret colony.”

As Inferno made his way through the forest, Wanda, Abigail, Starlight, Pinkie Pie, Cozy Glow, Golden Lace, Misty Brightdawn, King Sombra, Quickstrike and Waspinator followed from behind. Golden Lace and Starlight Glimmer walked up to and alongside Wanda and Abigail, whose eyes were focused on the sky.

“It was good that Pinkie told us about the Predacons’ presence here,” Golden Lace said.

“Even those three deserve sympathy for what happened to their colony,” Wanda said. “Besides, Starlight and Misty did a great job in being scared.”

“Well if it’s not a pig, I don’t mind screaming like I’m in danger,” Starlight Glimmer said. “After all, it was kinda fun.”

But all Golden Lace could do was chuckle a bit.

“Oh Starlight,” Golden Lace said. “I still wish I could take back all those mean things I said about you.”

“Lace,” Starlight said. “You already did.”

“She’s right,” Wanda said. “You’re not the same pony you were, long ago. And I’m glad you’ve shown to be a true friend. That’s something you should never forget.”

Golden Lace nodded at Wanda as the group followed Inferno through the forest. However, Pinkie Pie came to a stop and noticed some white button mushrooms growing on the ground before reaching out and pulling one of them.

“Interesting,” Pinkie Pie said. “I never realized that these kinds of mushrooms would grow here in the Golden Land.”

Meanwhile, in the underground cavern, Princess Chrysalis II and Crystal Snow looked up at the hole above, the former looking a little anxious while the latter didn’t have a care in the world.

“What is taking those three so long?” Princess Chrysalis II whined. “I’m a bit tired of cake and cookies and I have this odd craving for mushrooms.”

“Patience, princess,” Crystal Snow said. “They will return with the mushrooms.”

“Well I don’t want to be waiting this long,” Princess Chrysalis II cried. “I want my mushrooms.”

As Princess Chrysalis II buried her head in the dirt, Crystal Snow’s ears picked up the sound of ponies climbing down a rope ladder. She quickly turned to see King Sombra climbing downward.

“Princess,” Crystal Snow said as she tapped on Princess Chrysalis II’s back. “We need to hide, this instant.”

“That won’t be necessary,” King Sombra said, his voice catching the attention of Princess Chrysalis II. “I know you were camping here to serve as ambassadors for your respective mothers and fathers. And considering the honesty of the Predacons, I’ll allow it on behalf of Princess Celestia.”

As King Sombra made his way to the bottom, Princess Chrysalis II looked above him and her jaw dropped. Climbing from above King Sombra were Wanda Young, Starlight Glimmer, Misty Brightdawn, Pinkie Pie, Cozy Glow, Golden Lace, Inferno, Quickstrike and Waspinator. As everyone touched the ground of the cavern, Princess Chrysalis II ran up to the Predacons.

“They knew we were camping here all along?” Princess Chrysalis II shouted.

“You can thank the pink one for knowing all about this,” Inferno said, pointing to Pinkie Pie.

As Crystal Snow approached Pinkie Pie, the pink filly jumped and gave the winterian princess a hug.

“How were the cakes and other goodies?” Pinkie asked.

“Well…they were fine,” Crystal Snow said, awkwardly. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome,” Pinkie Pie said. “After all, friends share with one another.”

As Pinkie Pie hugged Crystal Snow closely, Princess Chrysalis II shook her head in disbelief as she turned towards the Predacons.

“Nevermind that,” Princess Chrysalis II said. “Did you bring the mushrooms?”

“Well,” Quickstrike said, awkwardly. “We were doing just that when we ran into those ponies.”

But Pinkie Pie, overhearing Quickstrike, released herself from Crystal Snow and ran up to Princess Chrysalis II.

“That reminds me,” Pinkie Pie said as she reached into her mane. “I found these on the way here.”

With a mighty tug, Pinkie Pie pulled a pile of white button mushrooms from her mane and set them down in front of Princess Chrysalis II. The changeling filly looked down at the mushrooms and her mouth began to water.

“I…don’t believe this,” Princess Chrysalis II said. “You, an enemy of the changelings, brought these for…me?”

“Oh we’re not enemies,” Pinkie Pie cheered before she reached into her mane. “We’re friends. And friends look after each other. Besides, knowing you, you want your mushrooms cooked properly.”

Pinkie Pie pulled out a mini stove hooked to a power supply and a pan. She turned on the stove and placed the pan on top before she placed some of the mushrooms on the pan.

“It’s gonna be awhile,” Pinkie Pie said. “Why don’t you hang out with my friends?”

Princess Chrysalis II sighed for a moment as she turned towards the rest of the group. Wanda immediately walked up to Princess Chrysalis II and held her hand out.

“What do you say?” Wanda asked. “Wanna observe the carvings of the Drakians together?”

Princess Chrysalis II turned her head away before she reluctantly placed her hoof on Wanda’s hand.

“Fine, I guess,” Chrysalis II said.

Wanda held Chrysalis II close as she led her to the wall carvings that featured the image of a human goddess on it, next to a serpent-like dragon with orange-yellow coloring on its scales. Immediately, Starlight, Golden Lace, Cozy Glow and Misty Brightdawn walked up next to Wanda and Chrysalis II, observing the same carving as Wanda placed her finger on the image of the female human figure.

“Still obsessed with these….Drakian drawings?” Princess Chrysalis II asked.

“They're more than mere drawings,” Wanda said. “To me, they tell a tale of this planet's past. Of who came before the humans, the Evevaniyans and the Equestrians, and of the tale of Lily Hikari, the goddess who created this land.””

But Wanda shifted her finger from the goddess over to the dragon-like figure. But as her finger laid onto the drawing, she went blank for a moment before shaking her head.

“I don’t know why, but this feels familiar,” Wanda said. “Like it appeared to be a form of the goddess.”

“A form?” Starlight asked.

“Yeah,” Wanda said as her eyes shifted to the ancient text below. “According to this, the goddess Lily Hikari could also transform into a dragon of pure gold, a representation of her pure heart. The Drakians who existed long ago saw her dragon form as her true form.”

“True form?” Starlight responded. “Does that mean the Drakians are her children?”

“That’s a good question,” Wanda responded. “I would have to talk with my Evevanyian mommy about that.”

But when Wanda turned to Princess Chrysalis II, she noticed the changeling filly observing four figures that surrounded both the sketch of Lily Hikari and the gold dragon that surrounded it.

“Chryssi,” Wanda said. “What’s that you’re looking at?”

“I’ve been studying these four carvings since arriving here,” Princess Chrysalis II said. “Take a look. Above the figure of who you call Lily Hikari represents some kind of black tortoise. The one on the right appears to be a dragon similar to Lily’s Gold Dragon form, except it’s blue-greenish. The one on the left takes on the form of a white tiger. And the one on the bottom appears to be a red phoenix.”

Wanda looked at the four animals that surrounded the figures representing Lily Hikari. Her face beamed at each of the four animals as the others came up to look at them.

“The four mythical beasts,” King Sombra said. “Misty and I recall reading something like that in the Crystal Empire back when I was just the son of Princess Amore Brightdawn.”

“You have?” Golden Lace asked.

“Even after all those years, we still remember the legacy of the four mythical beasts and the center that binds it,” Misty Brightdawn said. “Each animal represents the seasons that come to Equestria. The Azure Dragon represents spring and nature that it provides. The Crimson Phoenix represents summer and the fire that keeps us warm. The White Tiger represents Autumn and the strength of Metal. And the Black Tortoise represents winter and the cool, soothing water that keeps us calm.”

“So what role does Lily Hikari, or rather the Gold Dragon play in this?” Starlight asked.

“That’s a good question,” King Sombra said. “But…I wonder if anyone else knows more about these four mythical beasts?”

Immediately, Cozy Glow raised her hoof, catching everyone’s attention.

“I do, considering that my mother kept forcing these facts into my head before I ran away,” Cozy Glow said. “The Gold Dragon represented a balance of the four mythical beasts, representing the central balance of the four, along with the very earth that carries nature, fire, steel and water. Some say that these four beasts represent the children of the gold dragon.”

“Very interesting,” King Sombra said. “We often refer to the gold dragon as the balance. But never would I imagine these four mythical beasts to be the children of the gold dragon.”

“Interesting,” Wanda said as she placed her hand on the carvings. “I’ve never seen this before, and yet I feel like I’ve known who they are.”

“You do?” King Sombra said, catching everyone’s attention.

“It’s funny,” Wanda said. “But when I look at the image of the black tortoise, it reminds me of Aunt Woona. The Azure Dragon, for some reason, reminds me of big sis Cadance. The White Tiger reminds me of my other sister, my guardian angel, Sunset Shimmer And this crimson phoenix…reminds me of….mommy.”

Everyone paused for a moment after Wanda spoke. Silence filled the room for only a few seconds. Wanda turned towards the group, all of them still puzzled by the Man’s Cub’s statement.

“They remind you….of your family?” Princess Chrysalis II asked.

“Yes,” Wanda said. “I’m not so sure why. But the more I see of those four figures, the more I see of the pony family that took me in.”

“Waspinator never realized that human bug’s pony family is tied to the mythical beasts,” Waspinator said. “Waspinator more fascinated by this planet’s past.”

“It is a rather curious revelation,” King Sombra said. “I will have to speak with Eleanor about this when we arrive at the Ruby Building today.”

“But what about us?” Princess Chrysalis II asked nervously. “What will be our fate?”

King Sombra turned to Princess Chrysalis II and placed his hoof on the filly’s shoulder.

“Eleanor already knows that you exist down here,” King Sombra said. “As long as you refrain from attacking us, you and your kind are welcome here. When you believe you’re ready for your mother to reach out and talk about an alliance against Gold Banks, we’ll be waiting.”

“An alliance against Gold Banks?” Quickstrike cheered. “Now you’re talking. We’re gonna whip their butts and make them pay for driving us out of our homes.”

But as Quickstrike jumped up and down with a loud cheer, Pinkie Pie walked by the Predacon changeling, holding a frying pan with some saute mushrooms.

“Coming through,” Pinkie Pie said. “Got some hot mushrooms for a changeling princess.”

Pinkie Pie approached Princess Chrysalis II before setting the pan with the mushrooms down on the ground. Princess Chrysalis II looked down at the mushrooms and her mouth began to water.

“Those look so….scrumptious,” Princess Chrysalis II said.

“Well, eat up,” Pinkie Pie giggled. “It's not gonna stay that way forever.”

Princess Chrysalis II picked up one of the cooked mushrooms and bit into it. As chewed slowly, her eyes popped with delight. She swallowed the food in her mouth before turning back towards the edible fungus.”

“This….this is so good,” Princess Chrysalis II cried.

With that, Princess Chrysalis II ate the rest of the mushroom in her hoof in one gulp. She turned towards the mushrooms in the pan before diving in and enjoying every morsel.

“This dish is worthy of a princess,” Princess Chrysalis II said after swallowing another mushroom. “Thank you.”

“Ohh no need to thank me,” Pinkie Pie said. “Baking isn't my only skill when it comes to food. Even the blandest of things can be made delicious if you know how to prepare it.”

As Princess Chrysalis II reached out and hugged Pinkie Pie, Crystal Snow walked up to Wanda and the other fillies while Abigail looked up at the Winterian Princess, purring loudly.

“You have a lot of great friends, Princess,” Crystal Snow said.

“Thanks,” Wanda said. “But I wish you had friends like I do.”

“I know,” Crystal Snow said. “But fate made me who I am, a mere terrorist who wants to see Equestria frozen.”

“How so?” Starlight asked.

“It's because I lost my mother, and I nearly lost my father: the pony you know as Coldnelius Snap,” Crystal Snow explained.

“I didn't know,” Starlight responded.

“I don't think any of us knew the consequences that would come from the Everfree War,” Misty explained. “Though I was only a foal, I still recall what our mother said about the fall of Everfree City, and the death of both Queen Eternia and Queen Icelina. It's a shame we only saw them a few times in our lives.”

Starlight turned her head towards Crystal Snow, whose eyes are directed to the hole leading outside.

“Miss Snow,” Starlight said. “I wish we never had to fight in the first place.”

“As much as I also wish that,” Crystal Snow said, “I'm afraid thr millenia-long hatred we had for each other kept their grip on our lives. We can't take back what we did. We must learn to atone for what we did.”

“Maybe we might,” Wanda said as she picked up Abigail and petted her. “What do you think?”

“If we can get out of this mess, then maybe,” Crystal Snow said.

Abigail looked up at Wanda and said “Sad.”

“Yeah, Abby,” Wanda said. “I know.”

To Be Continued in….

The Sad Tale of Tirek

Author's Note:

So there you have it. Wanda, her friends and King Sombra have encountered the Predacon trio.

On a side note, while My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic was known for its liberal use of Greek mythology, I chose to implement East Asia mythology to add to its legacy. Especially that of the four divine beasts. But as you could tell, Wanda's close family may be tied to these four beasts.

Azure Dragon = Princess Cadance
Red Phoenix = Princess Celestia
White Tiger = Sunset Shimmer
Black Tortoise = Princess Luna

I may explore more about the four divine beasts during the latter part of Saga 3, especially in Evevanya. Speaking of which, the next part will tell a tragic tale about one of the Evevanyians: The one character I want to really show off during the latter part: Prince Tirek.