• Published 29th Dec 2011
  • 901 Views, 6 Comments

Star Wars: Knights of the Celestial Republic - VinylScratch1382



When a Simple Smuggling run to Nar Shadaa goes wrong Final Shot finds herself in a war driven galaxy

  • ...
1
 6
 901

Chapter 3:

The two mares sat peacefully even after the events on Nar Shadaa. Both were happy to be off the smugglers moon. After making the jump to hyperspace Final joined Archangel in central hub of the ship.

“We’re on course to Taris, wont be too long until we get there.” Final said as she entered the room.

“Alright final I’d try to get some rest if I were you.” Archangel replied. Final hesitated wanting to talk Archangel about the events on Nar Shadaa. Final decided Archangel was as safe as anyone to talk to right now.

“Archangel?” Final asked

“Yes.” replied Archangel not looking up from the rifle she was modding

“Can I talk to you about something?” Final asked shyly

“Yeah what do you need?” Archangel replied looking up at Final

“Well its just on Nar Shadaa, well i mean, its just that...” stumbled Final

“You’ve never seen a pony die before that have you?” replied Archangel quietly

“Well no not before that...i mean have you ever seen someone die? other then today?” Final asked

“Well yes I have, Final, i served in a war you know?” Archangel said grimly

“Well, no i didn’t, I mean, well I’m sorry I didn’t mean to bring that up.” said Final backing away slowly

“Its fine, you didn’t know its just not many people ask about the war, Maredalorians will barely mention that war after what happened I’m just not used to talking about it.” Archangel said calmly. As Final toke a breath to ask Archangel a question the siren went off warning them they were exiting hyperspace.

“Hold that thought Final.” said Archangel trotting into the cockpit. Final trotted after and jumped in the pilot’s chair checking the scanners. All the scans were clear of debris that would damage them exiting hyperspace. However, the scanners also showed no life on the entire planet!

“Umm Archangel i think we may have a problem...” Final said hoping the scanners were just acting up.

“And what would that be?” Archangel asked

“Scans are showing that there is no life on the entire planet of Taris!” Final Said her voice quivering with fear.

“what!? that's impossible isn’t it?” Archangel asked as they exited hyperspace. The sight they were greeted with sided with the scanners and not logic. The planet was split into two burning pieces of molten rock.

“Whats that?”asked Final pointing out a few ships entering hyperspace near the other side of the shattered planet.

“ That's a sith fleet, and just the tail end of it too must have been a huge fleet if those are all command ships there.” Archangel said grimly as the last of the ships entered hyperspace. They stared at the wreckage of a planet.

“Archangel do you think the sith did this?” Final asked. Archangel nodded her head grimly

“The tactic has been used in many wars before, in fact it was used in the war I was in.” Archangel answered. Final knew it was not a time to ask questions about it. Final was thinking of a something to stay to comfort Archangel when the siren of an incoming ship alerted the pair of them.

“whats that?” Archangel asked confused.

“Its the siren for incoming ships, we’re gonna turn on the stealth field and see who else is showing up it may be a strike squad to destroy any ship that sees the wreckage of Taris so they keep the element of surprise.” Final said turning of system after system so the ship was undetectable.
The two mares waited silently for the ship to arrive. as i emerged from hyperspace it only toke a second to aim and fire upon the Ebon Hawk. Final was anxiously holding the controls when the ship exited hyperspace so she had enough time to move aside from the main onslaught of laser blasts. Multiple shots how ever struck the vessel and sent its passengers reeling. Archangel hit her head on the wall and blacked out.
Final got back to the controls and made the jump to hyperspace to the closest planet Onderon. As the small shipping vessel made the jump to hyperspace it was hit by another small volley of blasts sending Final into the wall head first, she crumpled to the floor unconscious.
The small unmanned vessel continued its course to Onderon. However, with nopony at the controls it made no effort to avoid Dxun the largest moon of Onderon.The small ship crashed into the dense jungle of the moon leaving the Two mares on board dying and in a unforgiving jungle.
Final woke up with her hoofs bound tightly. Her ears ringed loudly and her head felt like it was about to explode.she lifted her head and saw the wall of a force cage. She was imprisoned! She racked her brain thinking of what happened. Every event in her mind was a blur as if they happened years ago. She recalled being on her ship the Ebon Hawk. There was somepony with her, Archangel? The name was a blur but she knew somepony was with her on that ship. She recalled with a start, the sith strike squadron that came out of hyperspace and opened fired on the small ship. Was she captured? No that couldn’t be it they made the jump to hyperspace. Or did they? The effort of thinking of an explanation to where she was hurt Final’s head more and more. She gave up and started going through what she did know. She knew she was trapped and she knew she wanted to escape. as she thought of how to do it the shield lowered. her hopes raised as she tried to get up and walk out. However, she wasn't able to move do to the spinning in her head and the fact two heavily armored Maredalorians now guarded her only exit.

Both were unicorns and they easily lifted her aching body off of the ground. They carried her through a dense jungle into a large building that looked like it was made from spare ships. they carried her through a large set of double doors into a grand hall. There were 6 rows of armored Maredalorians on benches lining the hall. there was a desk set high above anything else in the room. Directly in front of the desk was a small table and a bench. The unicorns hovered her over and dropped her heavily onto the bench. Final looked up into the eyes of the pony sitting next to her.
“Hey Final, nice to see you.” The pony said sarcastically.Final examined the pony’s face, it was Archangel! Seeing Archangels face brought back most of Final lost memory.She remembered Archangel getting knocked out on the side of the ship and she had made to jump to hyperspace
“Where are we?” Final asked Archangel
“ A Maredalorian camp on Dxun. we crash landed here and they pulled us out of the wreckage.” Archangel answered.
“Then why do they have us captive, aren't you a Maredalorian? Final asked confused.
“I am a Maredalorian, its just that well that, I’m not exactly on good terms with my sisters.” Archangel answered. As she spoke the final words a door on the other side of the hall opened and a Maredalorian wearing bright red armor walked in. Final stared at the armor wondering if it was painted or just smeared with blood. As the Maredalorian walked in everypony in the room bowed, Archangel even reluctantly bowed gesturing for Final to do the same. Final did as she was told not wanting to offend her captors.
“At ease.” the Maredalorian leader called. “We are called to a court today to deal with the matter of the great war.” There was a mumble of consent from the warriors in the room.
“The sith have offered a truce with us until the republic has been destroyed” The leader announced “I however propose we take on both the sith and the weakened republic and prove to this worthless galaxy that Maredalorians are the ultimate race!” There was a general holler of approval from the armoered mares in the room. The musculare mare next to the leader leaned over and whispered into her eat.
“We also have to deal with the traitor Archangel Skye.” The leader hollered out into the great hall.
“I am no traitor to my sisters.” Archangel interrupted. The Maredalorian leader glared at Archangel menacingly
“Well then shall we list off to you your convictions?. Disobeying orders on a battlefield...”
“I didn’t shot Innocent civilians that you told me to open fire on i had honor in my decision.” Archangel argued.
“Those farmers attacked us, you got three of or soldiers killed by not firing on them.” the leader began
Archangel shock her head sadly, “You went though that planet burning towns, stealing food, and slaughtering Mares so you could take husbands. Those farmers were defending there homes as was I when I didn’t slaughter them.” Tears were forming in Archangels eyes now. “You destroyed my home planet, when they supplied you in your pointless war, they did nothing to help your enemy, but yet you decided to annihilate their planet and my home.”
“The accounts of disobedience still stand and you deserted after that battle.” The leader pressed on
“That was no battle that was a disgrace to our race!” Archangel shouted
“Your accounts are worthy or death and that's what you will receive...” The leader decided
“Then i challenge you to a Warriors Decision Match!” Archangel shouted her voice catching as she spoke. There was a sudden intake of breath from the other mares in the room.
“I accept.” the leader said coldly and she walked out of the room. Final and Archangel were escorted to a two bedded room after the commotion died down in the great hall
“Archangel, whats a warrior's decision match?” Final asked once they were in the safety of the room.
“Its a fight to the death between the Alpha Mare and a Maredalorian whose has been sentenced to death. The fight is sacred its always fought as single combat. Its the only redemption for a Maredalorian outcast like myself. The battle in fought in a Cemetery of sorts, its were all the failures of past warriors decision matches are put to rest.”Archangel explained grimly.
“Who was that mare? the one who you challenged?” Final asked curiosly
“Kex Bloodmane is her name she won the right to be alpha mare 13 years ago. She single handily started the Maredalorian wars.” Archangel said grimly.
“Rest up for tomorrow i know its gonna be a stressful day.” Archangel said as she climbed into bed.