• ...
3
 3
 178

Prologue: Alex

Hi, my name is Alex. Alex Boston. I’m a high school student, and I’m 16 years old. Well, I was. I now go by the name Half-Dead Sorcerer. Now, I’m stuck in a kids TV show called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Let’s start from the beginning, shall we?

As I walked to school, the weight of anticipation settled in my chest. It was Book Week, and I was dressed as the Half-Dead Sorcerer, a character from the Wattpad account called ‘Twisted Studios Inc’. I had put together the outfit meticulously: a white dress shirt, sand-colored waistcoat, black pants, a long black coat, a flat head cane, and a black velvet bow tie. My face was paler than usual with white face paint, and I had carefully painted black circles around my eyes to complete the look.

However, something felt incomplete. I didn't have the iconic black top hat with the white ribbon tied around it. I had looked everywhere for one that was similar. That hat was essential to embodying the sinister aura of the Half-Dead Sorcerer. My eyes scanned the surroundings until they landed on a costume store. My heart quickened with excitement as I hurried inside.

There it was, displayed on a mannequin: the black top hat with the white ribbon. It was perfect. I reached out to grab it, feeling a surge of excitement coursing through me. But before I could even touch it, a voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Hey there! Who are you supposed to be?" The man behind the counter grinned, eyeing my costume with interest.

I straightened up, adopting the persona of the Half-Dead Sorcerer. "I am the enigmatic Half-Dead Sorcerer, wielder of dark magic and harbinger of chaos," I declared, my voice low and mysterious.

The man chuckled. "Nice one! So, what can I do for you?"

"How much for the hat?" I asked eagerly, unable to contain my excitement.

The man leaned back, considering. "You know what? It's on the house. Consider it a gift for bringing the character to life."

My eyes widened in surprise and gratitude. "Seriously? Thank you so much!" I exclaimed, slipping the hat onto my head.

But as soon as the hat touched my head, a sharp pain shot through my skull. I staggered back, clutching at my head, feeling like my brain was being torn apart. Everything around me blurred and spun, and then everything went black.

---

I opened my eyes. The ground was wet and soft, a contrast to the hard wood of the costume shop. It was grass. Wait… I’m outside?

“Hnggg…. My head.” I said, before stopping. My voice didn’t sound right.

“Testing, one, two, three, testing.” My voice was deeper, and seemed to be similar to Q, the guy that John de Lancie played in Star Trek: The Next Generation.

But it had much more flair, like a specific Radio Demon from a YouTube-turned-show on Amazon Prime. I looked at my hands. They were pale. Paler than they were before. I slowly stood up, looking around. I was in some sort of forest. It was dark, spooky.

“Hello? Where am I?” I asked, still confused on why my voice had changed.

With no help, I decided to choose a random direction, and started walking. I soon found a river, and I looked into the water. Brown eyes stared back, causing me to cry out and back away. But, curiosity took over, and I looked at my reflection. My face had changed. My eyes had dark circles around them, like they had sunk into my skull. My face was nearly snow white, and my cheekbones were higher. My blond hair had turned brown, and was wavy.

“My god…” I began, realising what happened. “This is like those Displaced fan fictions! The man in the shop must’ve been the Merchant.”

An idea popped into my head. “Wait, if I’m now a Displaced, that means that I am now the character I was dressed as. Meaning….” I snapped my fingers, where blue energy flickered around my hand.

“Oh my god! I have the powers! I really am the Half-Dead Sorcerer!” I called, my voice full of happiness and excitement.

But the next part I remembered made my smile fade.

“I’m… I’m in a kids TV show. Oh, god-fucking-dammit!”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As I walked through the dense forest, the leaves rustling beneath my feet, I couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement coursing through me. I had been displaced to Equestria, embodying the Half-Dead Sorcerer, and now I was discovering the extent of my newfound powers.

With each step, I focused on honing my abilities. I concentrated, feeling the energy within me stir. And then it happened – I felt the surge of power as I realized what I could do. Telekinesis, illusions, and the ability to pause or slow down time. It was exhilarating, knowing that I possessed somewhat the full skill set of the Half-Dead Sorcerer.

But my moment of triumph was short-lived as a sudden noise shattered the silence of the forest. I whirled around, my heart pounding in my chest, only to come face to face with a monstrous creature made of wood. Panic surged through me as I instinctively raised my arms in defense.

But to my surprise, there was no attack. The wooden wolf passed right through me as if I were nothing more than a specter. And in that moment, I realized – I had the ability to shed my physical form and regain it at will, just like the original character.

A smile spread across my face as I turned to face the wolf, my brown eyes glowing with newfound determination. With a flick of my wrist, I cast illusions, creating solid images that could interact with the world around them.

"Let's see what you're made of," I muttered, my voice tinged with confidence as I launched my attack. The illusions swirled around the wooden wolf, striking with a force that took even me by surprise. And as the creature stumbled back, I knew that I was ready to face whatever challenges this new world threw at me.

Author's Note:

This is my first story! Sorry if it’s bad. This is a fanfic for the Half-Dead Sorcerer, a character from Wattpad’s Twisted Studios Inc. He’s a small author, and I recently started reading his stories. Twisted, if you’re reading this, thanks for creating a good villain.

The Half-Dead Sorcerer is a master manipulator, and can manipulate time.