• Published 12th Feb 2024
  • 341 Views, 8 Comments

Adventures of the Sun Prince (Season One) - Swift Comet



Join Helios Dawn in his adventures across Equestria.

  • ...
2
 8
 341

Birth of a Star

The silence of the night is broken by the wailing of a mare in labour.

Princess Celestia, the main monarch of Equestria is laying in a hospital bed covered in sweat, breathing heavily and wracked with bodily pain. She has recently entered labour. Doctors and nurses stay by her side and help as much as they can with the delivery of the baby.

“Push your majesty! Push! The foal is almost out!” encouraged one of the nurses.

“It’s almost done, just one more mighty push and the baby is delivered. C’mon Princess, you are so close.” said another nurse.

Celestia inhales another deep breath and pushes with all her might, her body straining from the stress of giving birth. Her efforts finally pay off when the room is filled with the cries of a newborn foal. Celestia breaths heavily from exhaustion and lies back down on the hospital bed, tired but satisfied and happy at the successful birth.

The lead doctor of the operation, Herbal Remedy cleans the newborn of amniotic fluid and hands them to Celestia.

“Here you are your majesty. He’s absolutely gorgeous.”

Celestia gladly took her newborn foal in her arms and smiled with joy upon seeing him for the first time. He has a pure white coat, a mane and tail coloured red and yellow and has sky blue eyes. On his head is a horn and on his back are a pair of wings, making the colt an alicorn like his mother.

“Hello there little one. Welcome to Equestria.” cooed Celestia as she gently strokes the mane of her son while slightly tearing up herself. Her newborn yawned and snuggles up against her chest for warmth.

Herbal Remedy walks up next to his sovereign and smiles at he heartwarming scene. He clears his throat to address Celestia.

“Your majesty, I’d like to say that your son is very healthy and has no negative conditions, so you both are free to depart for tomorrow. We’ll do a few basic checkups on him the next morning before you leave.”

Celestia nods as she looks up at him. “Thank you Herbal Remedy. I thank you and all your staff for helping me in the delivery process. You have my gratitude.”

Herbal Remedy and the rest of the team who helped with the delivery bow their heads in respect to their monarch for her praise.

“There’s no need to thank us your majesty. We ensured the birth of your son would be safe and quick, and it’s the least we could do for you.”

One nurse butts in to ask, “What do you plan on naming your son your majesty?”

Celestia looks down at her newborn who was fast asleep in her arms. He looked so innocent and peaceful while sleeping. He is her pride. Her joy. Her little sun ray. Her little Helios.

Celestia decided that will be her son’s name.

“I will call him Helios Dawn.”

The nurses murmured to each other excitedly. That is certainly a fitting name for the new prince, because he shines as bright as the sun’s morning rays. Herbal Remedy nods in agreement with the name.

“A wonderful name for him. Helios will surely do you proud in the future.”

“He will. I know he will do many great things and will one day lead Equestria to success.” says Celestia with pride.

Herbal Remedy nodded in agreement before deciding to usher the medical team out of the room to give their princess and her newborn some space and rest. Once they are gone Celestia lovingly hugs her sleeping son close to her heart and begins to close her eyes, the earlier labour process having taken its physical toll on her.

As she nears sleep Celestia thinks about one last thing before entering her slumber.

‘If only your father were here now. He would be so proud and overjoyed at the sight of you Helios. Aether. Wherever you are I hope you are hearing my voice, because I know our son will do Equestria proud one day, and you too as well.’

Author's Note:

This is just a prologue/filler but it sets the bar for what will happen in during the story. I hope you all enjoy.