• Published 27th Jan 2024
  • 273 Views, 9 Comments

MLP + Pikmin: Pikmin Rescue! - slvrstar



Fluttershy encounters a new species called Pikmin. Upon learning from Captain Olimar that they're missing, she agrees to help him find them.

  • ...
 9
 273

Prologue: Voyage Log #81 - A New World

Author's Note:

Hey y'all. You don't really know me, but this is the first story I've started in a while.

I've had no time to write stories lately. Moving to a new country is a lot harder than it looks. Especially when things don’t work out the way you intend them to… nonetheless, Pikmin is a franchise I fell so deeply in love with, and MLP is one I have wanted to revisit for a while. I’ve given this project a thought for a long time, more than my other ones, which are more or less dead at this point. I blame Thomas Astruc for one, myself for the other.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this one.

Prologue: Voyage Log #81 - A New World

This is Captain Olimar of the S.S. Dolphin. As I was traveling home to my homeplanet of Hocotate after an interstellar vacation, I was struck by an asteroid and crash landed on an uncharted planet, which was dubbed “PNF-404.”

On the planet, I discovered a new species, which I named Pikmin. Overtime, I met with another, dog-like creature, which I named Moss. Moss and the Pikmin helped me find the parts for the S.S. Dolphin, and I even ended up befriending a few Koppaites on the planet, who came for their own reasons. We needed more help after we were stranded for a while, which is where the Rescue Corps came in.

Eventually, we were all saved, and ready to leave. However, the Rescue Corps rookie had the idea of bringing the Pikmin along, to show our loved ones our saviors. Unfortunately, Moss was not able to come, but the Pikmin were more than happy to.

Initially, all was fine, until a couple of hours of flight later, the Pikmin’s nest, which I named the Onion, began to show signs of erratic behavior. Eventually, the Onion started descending as we reached the orbit of a planet, and quite fast, I might add.

We were all panicked and worried for the Pikmin, and I, as the discoverer of the Pikmin, deduced it was my duty to help them, as they helped me. So I flew after them with the S.S. Dolphin with the goal of aiding them. While my ship was fine this time, the same could not be said for the Onion.

The Onion separated its fused nests as it neared the planet’s atmosphere, and spread across different areas of a peculiar looking area with interesting structures. I supposed this may have been another uncharted planet like PNF-404, but I could not have been more wrong.

This planet was unbelievable, as it seemed to be inhabited by quadrupedal lifeforms capable of not only intellectual capacity, but to my astonishment, magical abilities! These abilities included strength, flight, and levitation, among others. One of them was kind enough to help me find the Pikmin, alongside her friends.

This is the story of how me, her and her friends ultimately rescued the Pikmin, and how we discovered the charted planet, known as Equus, containing the magical land of Equestria.