• Published 29th Dec 2023
  • 117 Views, 0 Comments

Remembering memories, Accepting changes - KaylaBlues



Just when they started bonding with each other, one personal subject caused them to be apart again.

  • ...
 0
 117

A word of advice

Clear Sky noticed Quibble sitting on the bed gazing at a dusty photo frame, what's inside was unfamiliar but based on his dull expression, she could already guess what the stallion was thinking about. Quibble eyed at Clear Sky without smiling or waving at her. Clear Sky slowly moved towards Quibble with a sympathetic look to sit beside him.

"You sure have a lot of photos about him..." Quibble finally said, exhaling slowly. "Even if they're outdated. He looks more different than I remember." In the photo was Clear Sky being hugged by Rain Splash who was twice as large compared to Quibble's size. He had a dark blue mane and a vibrant lighter blue skin. He was a certainly a strong flyer. He was grinning at Clear Sky in the photo.

Clear Sky stared at him, then at the photo frame. She forced herself to look away, trying not to blush. "Well, we have a lot of pictures here and there... to remember him by." She said, smiling swiftly. She glanced at the picture confidently "That was taken when we found out I was pregnant. I was... shocked, but excited."

Quibble looked back at the old picture. He hesitated for a while and looked at Clear Sky and sighed. "If you don't mind me asking... what really happened to him...?"

Clear Sky silently gasped. Her eyes narrowed down. "He..." her voice broke, she lost it.

Quibble's eyes widened in dismay. He faced away, shutting his eyes. "Why would you ask such a personal question!?" he scolded himself, regretting what he asked.

"H-he passed away due to a h-heart failure..." Clear Sky told him, her voice slightly stammering. "It's really common for athletes to pass on like that..."

"I'm sorry for your loss..." Quibble whispered. "I don't know what got into me..." he also said.

Clear Sky patted him on the shoulder. "It was a long time ago, and... I kinda was expecting that from you." Her voice dragged a little in a sing-song tune, giving him a smirk.

Quibble glimpsed back at her. "You were?" He asked with curiosity.

Clear Sky gave him a small kiss on the cheek. "Yeah. I was." she half-smiled. Quibble smiled back at her and returned the kiss. He flashed back at the picture frame.

"Do you think he minds...?" he wondered while he asked. Clear Sky just shook her head gently and kissed him again.

******

Daring Do was heavily focused on planning an ambush against Doctor Cabelleron and his henchstalions, knowing that she should be careful with her words and actions she chose to do. She was suddenly jumped by an unknown voice. She raised an eyebrow as she turned to look. It was a blue pegasus with a similar mane style to hers, except it was rainbow-colored. She looked pretty confident and determined like she wanted to help. Daring Do rolled her eyes and wasn't hesitant to get away, but the blue pegasus stopped her.

"You look like you could use help from somepony." she said, offering a hoof to Daring. Daring Do stared at her for a while but ignored her instead.

"I don't need help..." she told the rainbow pony, trotting away. "I work alone." she also said, frowning at her as she got further away.

The rainbow pegasus gave Daring Do a smirk. "Uh, you sure about that?" she asked in a sarcastic tone while flying after her.

Daring Do stopped and faced her. "What do you even know about what I'm doing?"

"Oh, nothing at all! I just like to help!" the pony responded.

As much as Daring Do wanted to know what the rainbow pegasus's intentions were, she needed to get the ring of destiny from Doctor Cabelleron, and fast. She smushed her hat and placed some leaves beneath her chin as a disguise. The rainbow pegasus was constantly asking her questions about what she was doing.

"Oh! Are you planning to go undercover? That's sick! You're going to negotiate with them? Cool! Are you gonna sneak attack them? Are you-" Daring Do cut her off.

"Look, I don't care if you're curious or keen on helping me but I'm doing this by myself! Not with some stranger I can't find trustworthy!" she snapped at the mare. The rainbow pony's jaw dropped in protest as Daring ran away.

"But I am trustworthy! You can trust me!" she shouted, chasing after her. "Hey!"

The rainbow mare stopped just right when Daring Do stepped up against Doctor Cabelleron to act out her plan.

******

Wind Sprint flipped the page smoothly to avoid causing damage to it. A lot of grown-up ponies, including her parents, and especially Quibble, keep telling her to be careful with the book.

"Whew! That's 5 chapters!" She thought as she straightened her back up on her comfy chair. She peaked at the end of the book and instantly dropped her expression.

"200 more pages to go..." She remarked as she groaned to herself dramatically. She fell back onto the chair with defeat.

The next few chapters were just as Rainbow Dash and Quibble told her so for the sake of time, she decided to skim it through. Once she reached the end of the book, the filly stretched her hooves and got off her chair. She yawned while she moved to check the ticking clock.

Her eyes remained tired but surprised. Huh... Only four in the afternoon... she thought. She would be playing buckball with her friends in an hour.

Most of the time, she would rather warm up before the real thing comes. As for now though, Wind Sprint stared with widened eyes at the buckball, then back at the books, why not hook up on some more adventure stories?

She jumped towards her stack of books and took another Daring Do book and held on a grip to it tightly.

It's time for her to move on from her past. After All, her life, her choice.