• Published 23rd Dec 2023
  • 428 Views, 17 Comments

Dragons like it hot and comfy - Akataja



After Ember layed an egg last year, one year later its time to tell the father about it.

  • ...
1
 17
 428

Chapter 3

Fluttershy and Twilight have been waiting outside. As it turned out the changelings were preparing their very own Hearts Warming Eve celebration. It seemed like Thorax's description from last year made all of them eager to have such a celebration here in the hive too. It looked different to how the ponies did it, but it was about the same idea, love for everyone. The ponies celebrate the day when earth ponies, pegasus, and unicorns stopped fighting each other and started to live together. The changelings wanted to think of the day when they learned how to share love.

Twilight and Fluttershy started to worry about Ember and the egg, they have been in the hive for several hours by now.

“I wonder what takes so long.” Twilight asked and looked at Fluttershy.

Fluttershy had a bit more experience when it came to social connections between male and female and had a very fine idea of what was going on. A very fine idea that made her blush “ouh deer…” was all she said.

The doors opened again and Ember and Thorax came back and everyone was looking over at them. Pharnyx walked behind them, he was caring the black egg very carefully.

“My friends and family!” Thorax shouted out to make sure to get every ones attention “Ember, our friend from far far away, brought us something very valuable, hope.” He stepped aside an Pharnyx hold up the egg. There were no other words needed, all the changelings knew what this had to mean and they start cheering.

Fluttershy flew up to Ember, her worries were brightly written all over her face “Ember, are you sure about that?”

Ember sighed and answered “I wont give her away or such a thing and there are still too many things we don’t know, but the two of us will stay here for a while. No worries, the dragons will be fine, there isn’t that much to do for me either… and what I have to do I can do from here.”