• Published 4th Dec 2023
  • 299 Views, 6 Comments

Friendship is Failure #26- A Hearths Warming Battle - DakariKingMykan



Twilight has a confrontation with a suicidal pony

  • ...
29
 6
 299

Act 3: Forcing Fight!

ACT THREE

“Please… just kill me!” Jack begged, but once again, Twilight insisted, “I’ll do no such thing! Killing yourself won’t solve anything, and I won’t be responsible for the murder of someone.”

“Look around you!” protested Jack. “There are no witnesses. Why do you think I called you here? And even if others find out, they won’t care that you did it. No pony cares about it, it’s best for everyone!”

“ENOUGH!!!” Twilight bellowed. Her shout was so strong, she nearly blew the snow around her in a magical shockwave.

She took a moment to cool down, and then she spoke calmly. “I won’t kill you. I want to help you. Let’s go back to Ponyville and work this out. I can help you get your life back on track.”

“And I told you that you can’t and shouldn’t even try, or you’ll just be brought down with me!” growled Jack, but he could see that there was no other alternative.

“I hoped it wouldn’t come to this…!”

He reached in under his scarf and held up a small, shining red orb, which Twilight recognized almost at once, and before she could do anything, Jack had smashed the orb on the ground…

POW!! A magical burst of energy erupted, spreading across the fields, and trapping them both in a wide, glowing force-field!

“What have you done?!” shouted Twilight.

Jack snickered with insanity, “I’d figure you’d recognize a Duel Field of al ponies.”

Twilight cringed. They were now both trapped in a magical field that would only be dispelled… when one of them died!

Even Twilight’s best spells could not break it from the inside-- especially if she was one of the subjects being forced to fight. She couldn’t teleport out of the barrier either.

“Now you have no choice,” laughed Jack. “You have to kill me, or you’ll never get out of this!”

Twilight could not believe this, but she still refused to do so, or even make a move.

“Still refuse?” sneered Jack. “I can change that too…” he reached down into the snow and pulled out a long spear. With a wide bayonet blade at its tip, with an alicorn marking on the face and back.

Twilight gasped at the sight of it. “I know that!” she cried. “That’s the Magical Bayonet of Wonders!”

It was an ancient weapon said to hold great power to match an alicorn’s strength. Twilight had read about it in history, but she didn’t think it existed.

“I was just as amazed myself.” Jack explained. “Years ago, I was cutting down a very old, and large tree out in the Badlands, and there it was-- hidden there for centuries.



It was always kept secret, and I never thought I’d have to use it for such a thing, but now… it calls for it!”

He let out a huge roar and charged towards Twilight, forcing her to leap up high and out of the way. She still made no attempt to fight back.

“Stop this!!” she begged, but Jack’s sanity was far too gone for him to be reached.

He then aimed the blade up high and fired magical blasts from it, forcing Twilight to fly about to avoid them.

“You think you can escape this one?!” Jack shouted. “Make it easier on yourself and do me in!!”

He fired another shot, bigger than the others. Twilight put up a magical wall to protect herself, but the blast was so hard that it knocked her back hard, and she crashed to the ground.

The blade’s power was just as the legend read!

Twilight was finally starting to realize the danger she was in, and since reasoning with Jack at this point was growing more and more hopeless, she decided to try and at least disarm him.

Jack roared and came at her, and she teleported herself out of the way causing him to plop hard into the snow.

Twilight then tried to yank the weapon away with her magic, only to find it was impervious.

“No!” Twilight groaned.

“Sorry, you’ll have to do better than that!” teased Jack, and fire a huge burst of burning energy at Twilight, forcing her to dodge again.

“You can’t keep up like this forever!” shouted Jack. “You know the only way to out of this! You have to kill me!”

He fired another blast, dlibertly missing Twilight, making the ground explode, and the force of which sent her sailing through the air and crashing down hard.

She got up and saw Jack walking towards her with the weapon ready. She knew Jack could not be reasoned with, and her magic was powerless aginast the weapon.

“Wait a minute…” she said to herself. “It’s not the weapon I should focus on, by Jack himself.”

She had a plan.

“Alright!” she suddenly shouted. “You win-- I’ll do it.”

Jack stopped, unable to believe his ears. “You will? You’ll kill me?”

With a look of extreme regret on her face, Twilight nodded. This made Jack drop the weapon down.

“Thank you.” He said kindly. Every last bit of his teroristic attitude had faded, and he stood tall with his front limbs up high, “Make it quick.”

Twilight stood ready, and she powered up her horn for a really big blast, aiming straight at Jack’s heart…!

Then she quickly lowered her head and shot at the ground just a few feet in front of him, making a big explosion which blew both jack and the weapon to opposite ends of the dome.

Jack landed flat on his back, and before he knew it, Twilight had teleported to him and used her magic to hold him down!

“You tricked me!!” he screamed.

“Stop it!” shouted Twilight. “Stop this right now! I’m going to get you some help and that’s final!”

“NO!!!” wailed Jack. “The only help I want is death!!”

“I said knock it off! You can’t do this to yourself! It doesn’t have to be this way! I can help you get back on your feet again.”

“No, you can’t!”

“Yes, I can! Just give me a chance!”

She still had one problem: how to break the barrier down without either of them dying. Her spells couldn’t do a thing from inside.


As for Jack, he wasn’t beaten quite yet. Though he couldn’t move, he could see the weapon far on the other side of the area, and he knew something about it Twilight was overlooking…!

He quickly concentrated his eyes squarley on the weapon, which began to vibrate…!

“Huh?” Twilight looked behind just in time to see the weapon coming straight at her like a missle, forcing her to hit the dirt.

The weapon soared past her and pierced the magic over Jack, dispelling it. “Looks like you forgot about reading the weapons history.” he sneered. “It can react strongly to the one who weilds it an come to their aid.”

He got up on his feet and grabbed it again, and he was furious.

“You lied to me! You got my hopes up! I’m not falling for it again!”

Twilight sighed irritably. She couldn’t believe how crazy this pony was.

Jack roared as he rushed to attack her, hoping she would come to her senses and finally do him in.

As for Twilight, she was starting to get tired from all the dodging and running around, while Jack was able to keep on going-- fueled by his insanity and rage.

By this point, Jack was so desperate to have Twilight do what he wanted that he stood in the dead center of the area and held the weapon above his head.

The weapon began glowing brightly charging up with more and more power.

“Oh, no!” cried Twilight.

“Oh, yes!!” shouted Jack. “The weapon’s most powerful ability. It absorbs my life energy, combining it with its own magic into one super, concentrated blast! There’s no avoiding this!”

Twilight looked around and realized there was no place for her to run, and even if she teleported, what was to stop Jack from spinning around and shooting in that very direction?

“There’s no way out this time!” hollered Jack. “You know the only way out this-- you’ll have to reflect the blast back at me.”

“No! I won’t!” barked Twilight. She knew that was exactly what he wanted, and she was still not willing to kill him or anything, but she couldn’t see any other way to get out of this predicament…

…Except when she thought to herself. “He wants me to kill him… But if he kills me, there won’t be any-pony left to kill him. Then why is he--”

It dawned on her, he had no intention to kill her with this big blast, or even at all, an given the fact from what he said earlier, she was willing to stake her life on something.

So, she just stood there idly, and did absolutely nothing.

“Huh?” Jack was most surprised. She wasn’t moving or making any attempts to defend herself or stop him; not even when the blast was fully empowered and ready to fire at her.


Twilight remained where she was, feeling incredibly nervous inside, but still well-prepared for anything.

“I’m going to kill you now!” Jack shouted, hoping Twilight would at least say something, but she still said and did nothing. She just stared at him blankly with an unimpressed expression.

Jack angrily pointed the weapon at her ready for the kill, but his nerves were racking up making him quiver nervously.

He didn’t want to kill Twilight at all, or he’d have no one to kill he himself, and he knew she didn’t deserve it.

Now that he thought about it, “The blast is still at full power.” he said to himself, and he realized “This is my chance!”

He thought of just ending it all right here and blasting his own self, except, his nerves were still shaking-- he didn’t seem to have the courage to do it.

The energy was starting to get brighter and hotter, as if it were overloading. It needed to be unleashed.

…Twilight could see this too, and finally her chance had arrived.

While Jack was distracted by his nerves, she shot a blast of magic near where he stood, making a small explosion that knocked him back, causing him to throw the weapon up high into a spin.

*Slow-motion*

“NOOOOOOOOO…!!!” Twilight shouted as she leapt up high, catching the weapon in her limbs, and the blast fired with a great bit burst!

*Normal Speed*

KAPOW!! The blast struck the roof of the barrier with incredible force, making a huge explosion that threw Twilight to the ground hard as blew snow all over her!



The energy bled away into nothing, and all was quiet.

Twilight pushed her way through the snow that covered her, with the weapon still in her possession.

She fell on her tail with a huge sigh of relief. “I don’t want to begin to think how close that was!”

Unfortunately, the barrier was still intact, for neither she nor Jack had died…

…But suddenly!

There was a bright flash of light coming from outside, a light which struck the top of the barrier causing it to slowly dispel away.

“What?”

She was surprised and couldn’t understand it at first, until she saw none other than Princess Celestia and Princess Luna descending from above, both shrouded in bright aura.

Twilight was ever so happy to see them, and she bowed to them graciously. “Thank you so much!” then she asked, “But how did you know…?”

Celestia motioned over to her left where all of Twilight’s friends stood.

Starlight was at the head of the group, smiling warmly.

“She sent us message immediately.” explained Celestia. “We were also able to feel the massive energies, and we could tell something was quite wrong.”

Luna then spotted the weapon on the ground next to Twilight, and she picked it up.

“This has been lost for many centuries. We will ensure it is properly sealed. In the wrong possession, it can cause grave devastation.

Twilight gasped when she realized…

She could see up ahead-- Jack was lying half buried in the snow. He was curled up into a ball shaking miserly and sobbing softly. “I wanna die! I just wanna die!”

Regardless of the insanity and horrible acts he had committed, Twilight felt positively heartbroken for the poor pony. Seeing him like this, so incredibly miserable and lost.

“He needs help, really bad.”

The Princesses and the friends all agreed.