• Published 2nd Dec 2023
  • 379 Views, 29 Comments

Arrivals from the lands of the old faith - OB



The Lamb from Cult of the Lamb makes landfall in Equestria

  • ...
1
 29
 379

Arrival

Chapter 1: Arrival
The thing about extraordinary days is that they start out like normal days. There is nothing separating ordinary and extraordinary days, at least in the beginning. You wake up having no idea how very soon, you life will never be quite the same.

In Ponyville it was a day like any other. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, children were playing in the village square. It was the kind of day that you might spend relaxing under a big tree with a glass of lemonade. Spike was sweeping the map room floor without a care in the world.

Then it happened.

The cutie map lit up and displayed all the mane 6's cutie marks, starlight's, spike's icon and six new icons that seemed to correlate to the young six. "Uh.... TWILIGHT!!!!" exclaimed Spike. Twilight Sparkle, Princess of friendship, favourite student of Princess celestia and most importantly Spike's older sister came running in.

"Spike, what happened?" She said.

"The Cutie map just lit up" he replied. Twilight took a look at the map and said

"It's calling all of us and Starlight and the young six!!".

"Yeah I thought it was weird too." said Spike.

"Something big must be happening." mused Twilight. "Spike, send a letter to the princesses, tell them what happened and to meet us on the shore of the Luna sea. Meanwhile I'll get everyone else together and we'll head there." she said.

"On it" replied Spike.

Twilight wasted no time in bringing the rest of the mane 6 to the castle. They were Applejack, rainbow dash, Pinkie Pie, rarity and fluttershy. Twilight's best friends in the entire omniverse.

"So let me get this straight," said Applejack, "The map called all of us and the students and Starlight to this one place?".

"yes" replied twilight.

"Do you think this is another situation that the map is acting as a supervillain tracker?" inquired rainbow dash.

"I don't know, but the Cutie map has never called so many of us to the same location before, so we have to be careful. I want everypony to bring their A-game, Okay?"

"Okay" they all replied.

After arriving at the school of friendship, Twilight called the young six to her office and told them that they were needed on a friendship mission and to start preparing for anything. Then she met with Starlight.

"So we're going on a mission together?" Starlight said.

"Yes" replied twilight.

"And the young six and Spike are coming too?" Starlight continued.

"And the princesses, I have a feeling that whatever's going to happen, we'll need their help."

"Okay, just give me time to pack" said Starlight.

They all made the long journey from Ponyville (and in the princesses case Canterlot) and arriving on the shore of the luna sea.

"So, what are we waiting for?" Smolder asked Twilight after everyone exchanged pleasantries.

"To be honest, i have no idea, but your icons we on the map so you guys have to be here." replied twilight.

" Councillor Starlight, do you know why so many creatures were called here?" said Sandbar.

"Honestly? I have no idea, but I've learned to trust the Cutie map. You may not understand why it chooses creatures but it always makes the right choice." she replied.

Later on, the princesses all convened together "It has been some time since we have been on an adventure together, hasn't it sister?" said Celestia.

"Indeed" replied Luna.

"I just thought that the two of you should be here. I have a funny feeling that whatever's going to happen is going to be BIG" said twilight. "It's too bad Cadence couldn't be here" said twilight.

"Don't worry twilight, I'm sure that she's here in spirit." Replied princess Luna.

"I wonder what's going to happen" said Ocellus.

"Whatever it is it's BIG," said gallus, "why else would we all be called here?" .

"Yona is not afraid, because Yona has her friends with her, and if there is one thing yona has learned in the school of friendship, it's that the magic of friendship can do anything, defeat any enemy" Yona said confidently.

"I hope you're right Yona." Said Ocellus.

"Guys, this is our first official friendship mission!" Said silverstream.

"I thought it would be more......... exciting." Gallus deadpanned.

"That's good right?" Said Sandbar. "If things are quiet and boring then things aren't dangerous, perilous, ruinous or any of their synonyms" he continued.

"I don't know, I guess I expected more cool action instead of waiting around for who knows what." Said gallus.

"Don't worry Gallus, I'm sure that something cool, exciting and dangerous will happen eventually" said Smolder.

"To be honest, I'm afraid" twilight admitted to Spike. "Usually when we arrive at the location of a friendship problem, there's usually some clue to what's going on or what we're supposed to do! But now we're all just sitting here on the beach waiting for something to happen. It's kind of unnerving."

"Don't worry so much twi," said spike. "Try to stay positive." He said.

"Alright" twilight replied.

After a while they decided to set up camp, as it was getting dark. Thankfully, Pinkie Pie insisted on bringing snacks with her so they were all very well fed. After eating their (sugary) dinner, they spent much of their time just catching up with each other and talking about nothing in particular. It was nice.

Then they saw it.

It being a large ship that was approaching the shore of the Luna sea through the evening mist. The ship appeared to be made of black wood and flew a red flag that had a black crown with a red eye in it. everyone watched with bated breath as the ship approached the shore.

As it moved closer, a silent phantom through the dusk, they could make out the name on the side. It said: The Queen Forneus. The ship slowed then stopped. It dropped anchor. Then the gangplank was lowered to the shore and trotting down the gangplank was....

Author's Note:

Cliff-hanger! I'm pretty sure the Luna sea is a real sea i saw on a map of equestria. if it's not please tell me in the comments. As for why the ship is called the queen forneus, it's because in my story, the lamb really likes forneus and views her as a mother figure. also please be kind in the comments. Constructive criticism is welcome!