• Published 9th Nov 2023
  • 404 Views, 12 Comments

Equestria Ninjas: Liberty Thankgiving - Dinomite123



Donnie takes Twilight and a few of the gang on an adventure in the 17th century with three teenage reporters.

  • ...
2
 12
 404

The Class Assignment

Author's Note:

There's the theme song

In the lair of the sewers of NYC. Donnie was in his laboratory working on his latest invention...a teleportation machine.

He had been working on it for weeks, trying to perfect the technology he had been studying for years. As he carefully calibrated the machine, he thought about the possibilities it could bring. What if they could explore new dimensions and galaxies? What if they could travel through time?

"Watcha workin on, D?" Mikey walked in.

"A teleportation machine." Donnie answered.

"No way, can I see it?"

"Mikey, have you ever thought about how rare these inventions are before getting excited about it?"

"Sorry."

"This teleportation machine is still in its early stages, but I believe it has the potential to change the course of history," Donnie explained, his eyes shining with excitement.

Then Mikey remembered the last time her tried an invention like that, it made him travel to somewhere to fix his mistakes and vowed to never touch it again.

"Wow...uh...must be real rare, huh?" Mikey acted as if something never happened.

"It sure is." Donnie replied.

Just then, Twilight rush into the lab.

"Hey! Guys! I need your help with something." She spoke.

"What's up, Twilight?" Donnie asked.

"I'm working on a school assignment about Thanksgiving in the 17th century, but I can't seem to find enough information," Twilight explained. "I was wondering if you guys could help me out?"

"Sure, what do you need?" Donnie asked.

"Since you're the genius, I'd figure we study it together."

"Alright, I think we should start by understanding the historical context of the event. You know, to get a better idea of what they were celebrating." Donnie suggested.

"Can I join?" Mikey asked.

"Your not genius, Mikey."

"But, I was a genius when I made that antidote for you."

"Those were brain worm effects, Mikey." Twilight rolled her eyes. "Anyway, let's get started. We'll need to study about the relationship between the Pilgrims and the Native Americans, their way of life, and the events leading up to the first Thanksgiving."

As they delved deeper into their research, they discovered that the Pilgrims, a group of English separatists, had arrived in America in 1620 seeking religious freedom. They struggled to adapt to the new environment and faced numerous hardships, including harsh weather and a lack of food. The Native Americans, specifically the Wampanoag tribe, helped the Pilgrims by teaching them how to farm and fish, and even sharing their food with them.

The first Thanksgiving was held in the year 1621, when the Pilgrims and the Native Americans gathered together to celebrate their bountiful harvest. It was a time of feasting, sharing stories, and expressing gratitude for their blessings. The two groups came together to form an alliance, which was crucial for the survival of both parties.

As they continued their research, Twilight, Donnie, and Mikey discovered that the Thanksgiving feast was not just about food but also about building relationships and understanding between different cultures. The Native Americans showed the Pilgrims how to live in harmony with nature, and the Pilgrims learned valuable skills from them.

"It's amazing how two completely different groups of people could come together and help each other survive," Twilight said, her eyes wide with wonder.

"Yeah, and it just goes to show that when we put aside our differences and work together, we can achieve great things," Donnie added.

Just then, Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash showed up.

"Hey there, Twilight," Applejack greeted.

"Hi, Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash," Twilight replied, surprised to see them. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We wanted to help with your history lesson," Applejack explained. "We figured if you were gonna learn about the past, it'd be best to experience it firsthand."

"I've already seen your family photo of you in 18th century style."

"Like I ever thought I'd be experiencing the 17th century," Rainbow Dash muttered under her breath.

"Hey, no need to be negative, Rainbow," Applejack chided. "We're all here to learn something new."

"Hey, you just gave me an idea." Donnie beamed.

"What's that, Donnie?" Twilight asked.

"Well, since we've already researched about the 17th century and Thanksgiving, why don't we just go back in time to experience it firsthand?" Donnie suggested.

"How are we supposed to do that?" Applejack asked.

"I've been working on a teleportation machine," Donnie explained. "It's not perfected yet, but I think it might be able to transport us to the 17th century."

Everyone looked at him in disbelief. "Are you serious?" Twilight asked.

"Of course I am," Donnie replied. "We'll go back in time and observe the event firsthand."

"Don't you remember the last time we travelled back in time?" Applejack asked.

"What?"

"We were in the dinosaur age and cousinly got dino poo on my hair!" Rarity cried.

"But this is different," Donnie insisted. "I've done extensive research and testing on the machine. It's safe now."

"I don't know dude, it doesn't seem like it's safe." Mikey said in worry.

"How would you know? It's not like you've been in it before."

That still reminded Mikey about the time he actually did go in it.

"Of course not." He faked.

"Are you sure about this, Donnie?" Twilight asked, her skepticism evident.

"I've done extensive research and testing on the machine. It's safe now." Donnie insisted.

"Alright, let's do it!" Twilight declared, her excitement overpowering her skepticism.


Later, they were all dressed in the right occasion.

"I could get use to all this old fashion." Rarity said.

"Well, I won't." Rainbow mumbled.

"Quit complaining, Rainbow." Applejack told her.

Donnie and Mikey used the device that transformed them into their human disguises in fancy 18th century outfits.

"Alright, everyone, listen up," Donnie explained as he adjusted the settings on the teleportation machine. "We're about to travel back in time to the year 1623. The machine will scan our surroundings and transport us to a similar location. Remember, this is a historical event, so we must act accordingly."

"I'll do my best," Twilight replied, her eyes wide with anticipation.

They all took a deep breath and stood in front of the teleportation machine. Donnie hit the activation switch, and they disappeared in a flash of light.

When they materialized, they found themselves in a small clearing surrounded by dense woods. The air was cold, and the ground was covered in dead leaves. In the distance, they could hear the sound of running water.

"Where are we?" Twilight asked, her voice shaking with fear.

"We seem to be in the middle of the wilderness," Donnie replied. "We must have miscalculated the coordinates."

"We need to find out where we are and how to get back," Applejack said, her practical nature taking over.

Suddenly, they heard a gunshot noise.

"What was that?" Twilight asked, her eyes wide with fear.

"It sounded like a gunshot," Mikey said, his voice trembling.

"We need to be careful," Donnie warned. "We don't know what kind of dangers we might face in this time period."

They all nodded in agreement, their hearts pounding with fear and anticipation. They surveyed their surroundings, trying to figure out where they were. The dense woods seemed impenetrable, and the only clue they had was the sound of running water in the distance.

At last, they arrive at spot where they can see a clear spot through the trees. It was a camp with soldiers that looked like they were from Massachusetts. Expect...they really are from Massachusetts.

"Wow...it looks like the Massachusetts soldiers camp." Twilight said.

"Wait a minute, aren't they soldiers from one of the greatest colonial history stories of all...the Boston Tea Party?" Donnie wondered.

"I think so," Twilight replied, her brow furrowed in thought. "But that happened in 1773, which was a century after the first Thanksgiving."

"Oh no! Then that means I took us back on the wrong date. We're in 1773, not 1621!"

"Calm down, Donnie. It's not the end of the world," Applejack reassured him.

"But we're not supposed to be here!" Donnie insisted.

"Hey, let's focus on the present situation," Applejack said, her voice calm and reassuring. "We're in 1773, and we need to figure out what to do next."

"But 1621 is the date of the first thanksgiving. It's supposed to be an exploration for Twilight's class project. "

We can't just stay here," Twilight said, her brow furrowed in thought. "We need to find a way back to our own time."

"But what about your project?"

"I guess I'll have to rewrite it," Twilight sighed, resigned to the fact that their plan had gone awry.

"Hey! You all there. What are doing behind the trees?"

They froze and turned to see it was one of the soldiers calling out to them.

"Uh...we're just passing through," Donnie managed to say, trying to keep his voice from shaking.

The soldier approached them, his musket slung over his shoulder. He was young, no more than twenty, with a scruffy beard and tired eyes.

"Who are you?" he asked, his voice guarded.

"Uhh...we are just villagers." Donnie tried to explain, not wanting to reveal their true identities.

"Really? It looks to me that you all are spies." The man said. "Did you come from the Indian village?"

"No, we're not spies," Twilight quickly replied. "We're just travelers."

"Travelers?" The soldier raised an eyebrow. "In these times, travelers are not safe. You should be in your homes, not roaming around."

"We're sorry, we didn't mean to cause any trouble," Twilight apologized, trying to appease the soldier.

"I think you both better come with us, just to be sure your not spires or anything."

"Wait, I have a better idea." Mikey cutted in. "RUN!"

He dashed past the soldiers, quickly disappearing into the woods. The other friends hesitated for a moment, but then followed suit, not wanting to be left behind. They ran as fast as they could, their hearts pounding with fear and adrenaline.

"AFTER THEM!"

The soldiers shouted and gave chase. The friends ran deeper into the woods, trying to lose their pursuers. They tripped over roots and branches, their breath coming in ragged gasps.

"We gotta hide somewhere," Applejack said, her breath coming out in short gasps.

"But where?" Rainbow asked.

"I don't know, just find a spot and hide!" Twilight urged.

"Hide!" Twilight whispered.

They all scrambled to find hiding spots. Rainbow Dash managed to squeeze herself into a small crevice between two rocks, while Applejack hid behind a thick tree trunk. Mikey found a hollowed-out log to hide in, and Twilight hid herself under some leaves and branches.

The soldiers came closer, their boots crunching on the leaves and twigs. The friends held their breath, hearts pounding in their chests. They could hear the soldiers talking, their voices growing louder.

"Did you see where they went?" one of them asked.

"No, they must have disappeared into thin air," another replied.

"Well, we can't let them go. We need to find them and make sure they are not spies. The last thing we need is trouble from the British."

The friends listened in horror as the soldiers continued their search. Their hearts pounded in their chests as they tried to remain still and silent. The branches rustled above them, and the leaves crunched beneath the soldiers' boots. The friends held their breath, praying that the soldiers wouldn't find them.

Suddenly, there was a loud cracking noise. One of the soldiers had stumbled upon Rainbow Dash's hiding spot. She froze, unable to move, as the soldier approached her.

"Don't move, or I'll shoot," the soldier warned, his musket pointed at her.

Rainbow Dash froze, her heart racing in her chest. She could feel the barrel of the gun pressed against her back, and she knew that any sudden movement could be fatal.

"Who are you?" the soldier demanded, his voice cold and harsh.

Rainbow Dash swallowed hard, her heart pounding in her chest. She knew that if she revealed who she was, they would never believe her. So, she took a deep breath and tried to think of a lie that would sound convincing.

Just then they heard a horse nose.

"What was that?

A light and heavy cargo bag flew right into their faces causing them to fall. Just then, two teenagers were on a horse with a cart in the back of it.

The teenage male had long blonde hair with a ponytail and a green vest on him. And the teenage female was a redhead with a ponytail as well and a white dress.

"Quick, get on!" The blonde teen said, pointing to the cargo bag in the back of the cart.

"What about them?" Applejack asked, gesturing to the soldiers.

"Don't worry about them. Just get on the cart, now!"

The friends scrambled onto the cart, quickly hiding among the cargo. The redhead girl named Sarah Phillips took the reins of the horse, while the blonde boy named James Hiller climbed onto the cart next to them. The cart began to move swiftly through the woods, leaving the confused soldiers behind.

Something tells me that this adventure is going to be epic.