• Published 10th Nov 2023
  • 943 Views, 18 Comments

The Witchblade: Origins - 13 Potatoes



The Witchblade grants great power, but requires great will. Sunset has no choice to wield it if she wishes to clear her name, and discover who is Anon-A-Miss. Will she discover the truth, or will it consume her?

  • ...
3
 18
 943

(Case 1-1: The Masked Woman): The Witchblade

Darkness was all Sunset could see. The black void of nothingness enveloped her as all her memories rushed through her mind. She was dying, she knew that to be the case. She wondered if her former friends would weep for her when she finally passed on. Where would she go into the afterlife, and what did it look like? Would she ever be able to see her friends again?

The closest thing she knew to an afterlife …well more like an underworld, was the realm of Tartarus. It was a prison, where the worst creatures in Equestria would go to rot, imprisoned until they died. It was said that Tartarus was the lowest layer of the underworld, and whoever died in that prison, stayed there forever.

However, the human universe was different, there was different gods and deities. There was the greek gods, the Egyptian gods, and the christans ones. Was she going to be judged by them, and her eternal fate placed into their hands? She wouldn’t blame them if she was sent to whatever their version of Tartarus was.

She had done many things she wasn’t proud of during her life. Treating other ponies around her like dirt when she was Celestia’s student, running off into another world, tormenting and entire school. At first she thought she had repented, but after Anon-A-Miss, she wasn’t so sure anymore. Did anything she did matter, or was she going to suffer for his sins for all eternity?

‘Can an entire life of sin be erased by a couple good deeds?’ Sunset asked herself. There was no answer from the void she found herself floating in.

She then remembered she at least saved Gilda and helped Pinkie get to safety …even though it was her who kind of dragged them into danger. Her obsession with finding Anon-A-Miss had not only endangered the life of other students, it had also gotten her killed. Though part of her wanted to find out who Anon-A-Miss to clear her name, another part was just tired of the account tearing the school apart.

‘At least I tried. I helped Gilda and Pinkie survive my massive fuck up. I hope they tell the cops and take them down …and in the end …they believed I wasn’t Anon-A-Miss.’ Sunset smiled. ‘And Pinkie considered me her friend …I at least …I did things my way …’

}}}Are you sure are fine with things the way they are?{{{

A red light began to glow, parting away the darkness, reaching out towards sunset.

‘What do you mean?’

}}}After seeing all of that, are you okay with just letting them go? Those creatures to terrorize the entire area to their own pleasure? They will return for your friends, they are not the ones to give up.{{{

‘I’m dying …what can I do …? My magic is completely gone as well …’

}}}If it is power you need, I can grant it. Your spirit is strong, and I choose you to be my bearer.{{{

‘You can help me save them?’

}}}I can give you the power to destroy anything that threatens you and your friends. But I must warn you, the power I grant you is both a blessing and a curse. Many have wielded me, all faced hardships unimaginable to many. Can you handle the burden and tread the line between light and darkness?{{{

‘I am no stranger to darkness …but I have finally had a taste of the light. I can’t lose it, not when I just have grasped it.’

}}}Then reach out for me.{{{

Sunset reached out with her right hand towards the glowing red light, but fell a cold hand pull her from behind. She grit her teeth and pushed, struggling against the wails and cries behind her, the despair, the wrath, the sorrow, the pride. She struggled forwards, her fingers brushing the red light. Just as she touched it, the hands lost their grip wailing as they dissipated into the darkness.

She grabbed the red light causing it to shine brighter than ever before. It wrapped around her arm, and she could feel it envelop her. Her skin stung as power flowed through her veins, causing a feeling of ecstasy, excitement, adrenaline and power to fill her body. The darkness around her screamed with rage as it was parted away by light. Sunset lifted her hand and roared, banishing the darkness and causing even the light to recoil before-

Witchblade

Sunset sat up suddenly, gasping for air, finding herself back in her home. Her heart pounded in her chest as sweat trickled down all over her body. She looked at the window and saw the sun’s rays sneaking through the cracks. Her heart rate slowed down as she realized she was home and a feeling of relief washed over her. She looked down at her body and saw that she was nude, lifting the blankets to confirm this. She usually only did so during the summer, but wore pajamas during the winter due to lacking the fur coat she enjoyed as a pony.

She shakily got out of her bed with shaky legs and wiped her forehead. “What the hell was that dream?” She muttered to herself as she walked to her desk. She looked down and saw that all the photos and newspaper clippings she had placed upon it yesterday was still there. “My obsession with Anon-A-Miss is really getting to me.” She grumbled.

Looking at her wooden board, she stared at all the photos she had pinned upon it. She shook her head and let out a heavy sigh before stumbling over towards her lizards terrarium who simply cocked its head to the side.

“Hey there Ray. Just a bad dream.” She muttered as she reached in. She paused when she realized a silver bracelet with a single ruby gemstone sat wrapped around her wrist. “The hell? When did I get this?”

She looked around for a latch but wasn’t able to find one. She tried to pull it off her hand, but it refused to get off her hand. “How did I even get this on?” She muttered to herself. “Forget that …when did I buy this?” Sunset gave it one last tug before giving up and flopping her hands down.

She looked around her room for her phone, but couldn’t find it anywhere. So she turned her attention to her alarm clock which read ‘8:30 AM’.

“Fuck! I need to be at school thirty minutes ago!” Sunset panicked as she ran down the stairs, skipping every other steps until she reached the ground. She ran towards her closet and took out a set of clothes before making a mad dash to the bathroom. She made a stop at her fridge and took out a wrapped tart full of jam before running in.

She tossed her clothes onto the rack as she grabbed her toothbrush and toothpaste. She turned on the water, not caring it being freezing cold as she shakily started to brush her teeth. She spit out the toothpaste when she finished before opening up her tart and stuffing it in her face while water ran down her face.

When she felt she was done eating, she turned off the water and grabbed a towel to wipe herself down. Halfway through she decided ‘fuck it’ and threw the towel to the side, leaving herself half-wet with water. She ran out of the bathroom slowly putting on her clothes while making her way towards the front door right before it was immediately kicked open.

“Sunset!”

Sunset immediately screamed as she covered herself with to the best she could with her shirt and pants that were in her hands. “What the hell?!” She shrieked, before seeing principal Celestia run in, causing her rage to suddenly dip.

“Sunset!” Principal Celestia suddenly rushed forwards, nearly crushing Sunset in a tight embrace. The woman let out sobs and hiccuped while speaking. “I thought you were … ‘hic’ …you’re alive I … ‘sob’ …oh god …” The woman sniffed.

Principal Celestia was a complete wreck. Her hair was disheveled, there were bags under her eyes which were also bloodshot. Her clothes were wrinkled and was covered in dirt and grime, her face was stained with tears.

“Can’t breath … ‘gasp’ ribsss!” Sunset gasped.

“Sorry.” Principal Celestia sobbed as she let go of Sunset. “I’m just so happy you’re okay!”

“What happened?” Sunset asked as she put on her shirt. “What do you mean?”

“Pinkie ran up to the police crying, saying that you were going off into danger to save a kidnapped girl in a warehouse.” Celestia started while wiping her eyes. “The police got organized as fast as possible and was prepared for hostage negotiations…but when they got there, there was a huge explosion burning the half the place down.”

Celestia let out a sob. “Then Gilda was teleported at the police station, falling in a heap and started rambling about how you were stabbed and shot to death.” The older woman wiped her eyes agian. “She was covered in your blood a-and …the police found your severed burnt arm there …”

Sunset looked down at her two hands and confirmed that they were in fact still there. “Pinkie fainted when Gilda said you were stabbed through the heart and used the last of your magic to teleport her there.” Celestia continued. “She was crying the last time I saw her.”

“I remember.” Sunset whispered. “I was chasing a lead for Anon-A-Miss …got involved in some sort of gang and followed them to a warehouse.” She muttered.

“They found your bike there …” Celestia sniffed. “When they went into the warehouse and found your arm …” The woman dabbed her eyes with her sleeves. “All that blood a-and …we all assumed the worst especially since the area had went up in flames.”

“I’m okay …was Gilda and Pinkie safe at least?” Sunset asked as she placed her hands on Celestia’s shoulder after seeing the woman was close to tears again.

Celestia nodded. “I was called after Pinkie reported the incident to the police since I was labeled as your guardian. When I got there, Gilda teleported out of nowhere and landed on top of a cop car.” She took in a deep breath, her shaking starting to slow down a bit and seemingly finally able to keep her composure. “They are both okay and are currently with their families.”

Sunset let out a sigh of relief, a very heavy weight finally removed from her shoulders. When she cast the spell, she was bleeding out, and she was worried about messing it up and accidentally teleporting Gilda over a river or into a road.

“Thank Faust.” Sunset sighed.

“Right now though …everyone is worried about you, and we need to get it cleared. The police has labeled you missing, but assuming that you’re deceased.” Celestia explained. “Everyone thinks you’re dead, especially after Gilda yelling it out to everyone in the station.”

“Y-yeah sure.” Sunset nodded as she started to feel a bit nervous. She didn’t like to be around police since she technically wasn’t from this world. “There is a bit of an issue …I don’t have any papers …”

Celestia gave off a soft smile which made her tired face a small bit brighter. “I had that taken care of a long time ago. Don’t worry about it.”

Sunset let out a sigh before looking down at the clothes in her hands she was currently using to cover herself. “Well …I’m currently getting dressed so could you close the door and wait on the couch?” She asked, trying her best to not make the situation any more awkward.

Celestia pressed her lips and stood up straight. “Yes …of course. Sorry …I rushed in when I heard you scream.” The woman turned around towards the front door and closed it. Sunset walked back to the bathroom and shut it behind her.

She put her shirt and pants to the side before staring into the mirror. “It wasn’t a dream …” She muttered before looking down at the bracelet around her wrist. “What are you?” She muttered. She took in a deep breath before placing her hand over her heart and saw that there wasn’t even a sign that she was stabbed. She moved her hand towards her stomach and didn’t even see a mark where the bullet had pierced her.

Her hands started to shake. “What happened to me?” She whispered.

Witchblade

Sunset sat nervously in the police station as she waited for the detective to come in and question them. Celestia made sure to tell the sergeant that Sunset was okay when they arrived. The girl felt uncomfortable as the sergeant grabbed both her arms and looked down at them with confusion. The police sergeant then made a comment about lousy forensics before leading them into a room where they were told an officer would arrive for questioning.

“Don’t worry Sunset.” Celestia tried to reassure the girl. “They are here to help.”

Sunset gave a small smile and felt herself relax a little as Celestia placed a gentle hand upon her shoulder.

The door next to them opened right after as the detective walked in. He was a young man who wore a navy blue coat with his badge pinned on the left side of his chest. He approached Sunset and Celestia with a hand outstretched. “Morning. Shining Armor. Chief of police of Canterlot City.” He shook Celestia’s and Sunset’s hand, before taking a seat down in front of them.

“I understand that you went through something traumatic …” Shining Armor started. “But we do need you to recall what happened that night to the best of your ability so we can confirm what Pinkie and Gilda saw.” The chief explained.

“Of course …but as chief of police here, why are you questioning us?” Sunset asked.

“The Mystery Murder case is a huge headache for the entire Canterlot City police department.” Shining Armor clicked his tongue. “I would normally let the regular officers handle these cases but …events recently have forced my hand.”

“Why is the Mystery Murder case also being brought into this?” Celestia asked.

“Well Gilda was kidnapped and brought to an area where many murders happened.” Shining Armor rubbed his chin and took in a sharp breath between his teeth. “Then the warehouse blew up. So we made some assumption and we are assuming this is connected.”

“That is a fair point.” Sunset nodded.

For the next few minutes she detailed everything that happened. She had to mention Anon-A-Miss since it was what roped her into the mess in the first place and how she did some investigating on her own. She mentioned Thor, or from what she heard, ‘Thorax’ being Gilda’s friend who had a hand in it. Continuing on, she then mentioned Gluttony and the drones around him, but left out all the supernatural parts of it. She concluded with her rescue of Gilda, her supposed death, and ended with her waking up back home.

Shining Armor nodded the entire way through, taking notes as she went through her story. When she finished, he closed his notebook and let out a exasperated sigh, an expression of concern upon his face.

“That is quite the story.” Shining Armor hissed. “It is missing all the monsters and demons part though from Gilda …but I guess that is to be expected, she was hysterical.”

Sunset nodded, feeling bad for the girl. “Well, we all went through high emotions that day.” She shifted in her seat, also feeling bad for lying to the chief of police. However, she didn’t believe the man would believe her if she included the parts about demons and monsters in her story.

“This is a bit concerning though.” Shining Armor’s eyes began to shift around as he brought his hand to his mouth. “ChangeData has good public relations and lawyers. Even now I have confirmed they had some part to this …it’ll be hard to investigate them.” He sighed.

“Well, I’m sure you’ll figure something out.” Sunset nodded.

“Before you go can I see your wounds?” Shining asked.

Sunset hesitated, but finally lifted up her shirt and stood up as Shining glanced at her chest and stomach. “May I?” The chief asked. Sunset nodded her hand so the chief placed his hand upon her heart before moving down to her stomach and exerted pressure upon it.

“Do you feel anything?” He asked. Sunset shook her head causing the chief to sigh. He sat back down in his seat. “Are you sure you were shot and stabbed through the heart?”

Sunset nodded. “Those are fatals wounds. The blood loss alone …” Shining Armor muttered. “We matched the dried blood on the ground to you …and it matched …yet there is no wound. And your arm ….” The chief pointed out the fact Sunset still had both her limbs.

“I’m as confused as you are.” Sunset shrugged before she sat back down.

Shining Armor let out a sigh. “I’ll have to tell our forensics team to check again.”

The chief then leaned forwards and placed his hands upon the table. “Since you are a witness, you will be guarded by policemen in case your assailants decide to pay you a small visit. They probably don’t like witnesses.” Shining remarked. “However …I don’t like the fact you live alone.”

“She can live with me!” Celestia offered.

“That works …” Shining pressed his limps together and looked to hesitate. After a second of thinking, the man finally finished his thought. “Would you mind taking in Gilda Grimshaw as well?”

“Doesn’t she have her own home?” Celestia questioned.

Shining Armor nodded. “Yes …as part of her inheritance after both her parents died in a car crash.” The chief nodded. “She lives alone, and it can be dangerous for her. It took some convincing, but she agreed that if we found a suitable host family for her, she’ll go.”

“I nearly forgot that her parents were dead …” Celestia paused. “I can take her in as well.” She gave a small smile.

“Perfect!” Shining Armor clapped his hands. “This way we won’t spread ourselves thin.”

“How long will I have to be watched?” Sunset asked.

Shining Armor paused. “Depends how long these murderers are at large. And since you are a major suspect …” He took in a sharp inhale. “Listen …all I’m saying is to prepare for the long haul.”

“Oh …” Sunset looked down. She had nothing against living with Celestia, she was a nice woman and she quite liked the woman. However, she also liked her home since it was the first place she lived after she moved out of the warehouse she was squatting in when she first appeared in Canterlot City.

“Think of it as an extended sleepover.” Celestia smiled as she hugged Sunset close. “Pretend I am your mother.” The woman gave a small chuckle.

“Sure thing …” Sunset couldn’t help but smile a little as well.

Shining Armor smiled before he started to flip through his notebook, giving a small window of silence for Sunset to think. She felt a bit uncomfortable leaving her house to go live with her principal, and that wasn’t mentioning rooming with Gilda. Though she didn’t have much beef with the girl, she wasn’t sure how things would turn out. Last time they saw each other, Sunset was being skewered and Gilda was about to be cut down next.

“One last thing …this Anon-A-Miss …” The chief started. Sunset lost her train of thought and turned her attention towards the chief. Her heart skipping a beat since it hoped that the chief and the police had something that could help her detect who the user was.

“Yes …” Celestia nodded somberly. She wrung her hands, and looked down. “I’ve been trying my best to track them down and contain the spread but …it’s hard when we can’t confiscate mobile devices.” The principal muttered. “I filed a police report, but other than that …not much has happened.”

The chief nodded and let out sigh. “I’ll make sure to let our cyber crime department know about this.” He turned to look at Sunset. “Especially since it might be tied to the Mystery Murders.” He then looked down at his notebook and flipped through some pages, his eyebrows beginning to furrow. “But why would murders commit such a petty crime …and against you?”

Sunset exhaled through her nose loudly, understanding the chief confusion. “I wish I knew. I am the main target after all.”

Shining Armor nodded yet again. “I understand it is frustrating …but I must ask you to drop your private investigation into the matter and let the police handle it now.” The chief muttered.

“What? Why?” Sunset leaned forwards. “I’ve gotten so close!”

“Because now Anon-A-Miss might also be a murderer. And we don’t need vigilantes complicating the issue further.” The chief explained. The man put his hands up in front of him. “Okay listen …I promise you we will handle it. It is part of the Mystery Murders now so we will get onto it as soon as possible.”

Sunset threw her hands up in frustration and sat back in her chair. She couldn’t help but scowl at the idea of handing the investigation over especially since the police did jack shit to help before. A soft hand upon her shoulder quelled some of her frustration however as Celestia leaned towards her.

“Let the police handle it now.” The principal pleaded. “It’s to keep you safe.”

Sunset relented and nodded. “I’ll drop it.” She sighed.

Shining Armor smiled and stood up from the desk. “Very well. Before we go …is there anything else you want to add?” He asked.

Sunset shook her head. “I’ve already said everything. After I got stabbed, I blacked out …I have nothing else.”

Shining Armor nodded before he reached into his pocket and took out two cards. “My number. If you see anything that can help with the investigation …call me okay?” He handed them to Sunset and Celestia.

They both nodded. “We will be sure to do that mister Armor.” Celestia smiled.

Shining nodded at the two women. “This is the biggest lead we have so far. I have a feeling this is bigger than anything we had expected before.” A determined expression appeared upon his face. “And now that we have this new lead …I’m sure we can put an end to these once and for all …don’t you agree?”

Sunset couldn’t help but smile as some hope filled her body. “I sure do chief.”

Witchblade

Sunset and Celestia went back to her apartment, where they started to pack essentials for her extended stay with Celestia. She was going to miss her small apartment and the comfort it had provided throughout the years. She packed all her clothes, took her pet lizard Ray, and other essentials. Once everything was packed and loaded in, they drove back to Celestia’s house.

Before she got into the car, Sunset remembered about her bike. “Hey …whatever happened to my bike?” She asked.

Celestia pressed her lips and Sunset felt like she wasn’t going to like the answer. “I’m sorry Sunset …but the explosion …it was too close to it …” The principal clicked her tongue, but Sunset already knew the answer.

“Could anything be salvaged …?” She covered her eyes.

“It was turned into metal slag along with the other cars in the area.” Celestia tisked. “I had to drive Gilda back home since her car was there as well.” The principal shook her head as she took out a photo. It was Sunset’s bike, but completely melted and dented nearly beyond recognition. Sunset felt her heart sink as she took the photo from her principal and clenched it in her hands. “I’m sorry. It is also part of evidence so I couldn’t take it with me.”

“I quite liked that bike.” Sunset murmured as she stared at the photo of her beloved motorcycle. It had saved her life that night, and now it was completely ruined …and wouldn’t be able to save her again. “Was the first one I had when I moved into this world.”

“To be honest …I never liked it. Felt it was too dangerous for a young girl like you.” Celestia admitted. The woman placed a hand on Sunset’s shoulder. “I can get you a new car if you would like.” She gave a warm smile.

Sunset couldn’t help but feel better, however she had to push Celestia’s hand off. “It’s alright. I don’t want to be too much of a burden on you …I’ll just take the bus.” She rubbed the back of her head right before she was pulled by Celestia so the two were looking face to face.

“It isn’t a burden if it makes you happy.” Celestia smiled before pulling the girl towards her into an embrace. Sunset was a bit stunned by this action, but felt the older woman start to sob, so she gave her a small pat on the back. “I don’t want to lose you again …” Celestia sniffed.

Sunset closed her eyes. “I’ll be fine Principal Celestia. I won’t leave okay?” She reassured the older woman. “I promise I won’t get into anymore danger.” She whispered.

Celestia pulled herself away, her face wet with tears. She wiped her eyes before whispering, “I’m sorry …it’s just …” She started, but Sunset placed her hand on the woman’s shoulder.

“Don’t apologize.” Sunset’s face fell as she realized what the woman must have went through, thinking that she was dead the entire time. “It’ll be okay.” She had driven off towards a warehouse that exploded that was connected to the mystery murders and left behind an arm at the crime scene. Celestia’s reaction was appropriate from anyone who thought their surrogate daughter had perished in an awful fate.

“And my phone?” Sunset asked as well, dreading the answer. “I brought it there with me to take pictures.”

Celestia shook her head. “The didn’t find anything else there that belonged to you.” She let out a heavy sigh. “I’m sorry. It most likely was destroyed in the fire.”

Sunset closed her eyes. “Today is just not my day.” She muttered under her breath.

“At least you are alive.”

Susnet couldn’t help but smirk. “That is a silver lining.”

Celestia nodded. “Now let’s get you to my home okay? We’ll pick up Gilda and help her before going to meet up with Pinkie.” The principal smiled. “She especially is understandably distraught about you.”

Sunset smile in affirmation. “Okay Principal Celestia.”

“Just call me Celestia.”

Witchblade

Nottingham knelt in the room, she could feel the licks of flames from the candles that surrounded her. There was enough, and they were close enough that it felt as if her skin was burning, but it remained intact. Years of enhancement made her skin immune to such wounds and injuries. However, as she knelt in the middle of the circle drawn on the ground, she could hear a husky voice from the darkness beyond the candle’s reach.

“The witchblade cannot be forced into obedience, but it can be coerced.” The husky, low voice explained. “Using certain runes, it can be wrangled into place …into obedience.” The woman continued. “Do you understand what must be done?”

Nottingham took in a deep breath and nodded. “I understand what must be done. I understand what my assignment is.” She shut her eyes as footsteps approached from behind her. She clenched her teeth as she felt the blade of the knife cut into her flesh, feeling as if the heat of a hundred fires were burning into their muscle.

The blade cut into the skin of her back and she felt as it slowly moved down along her spine. It burned with pain as the heat of the blade exasperated it more, making her nerves erupt in pain, but she endured. The blade then moved to her arms, trailing down from her shoulder all the way to the back of her hand. There, it slowly carved a circular rune into the muscle. She let out a sigh of relief as she felt the knife retract.

“Are you ready?” The voice consisting of Iron asked.

Nottingham nodded. “I am Nottingham…the subjugator of witchblade. I am your fire …your blaze.” She opened her eyes. “I am ready.” She whispered before grasping the two katanas that laid in front of her.

“Than rise you shall.” The woman in the shadows stepped forwards and towered above Nottingham. Her orange hair spilled out, covering her shoulder and complimented her orange suit and pants. The suits had purple cuffs around the wrists and ankles, and upon her hand was a golden chain. “Rise …Aria Blaze, and show this city why they fear the name ‘Nottingham’.”

Aria Blaze rose and stood up in front of her master. She took off her mask and shook out her purple and cyan streaked hair. Her jade armor now covered by a golden suit with obsidian and purple accents with a white star in the middle. She lifted her blades up and held it in a way so that it extended up behind her arms.

“I will not fail.” She swore.

The Iron Lady of Canterlot City, Adagio Irons, smiled back. “I am sure of it.” She whispered.

Witchblade

After Sunset dropped her stuff at Celestia’s place and met with Luna, she and her Principal left to grab Gilda. Apparently the two lived together and shared their living expenses, and since they lived so close to CHS, it reduced the commute as well. When they arrived at Gilda’s home and knocked on the door, Sunset was nearly crushed by the girl. Then Gilda pulled away and gave Sunset a heavy bonk on the head, not hard enough where it hurt but where it got the point across.

“That is what you get for playing hero …” Gilda sniffed before wiping her eyes. “I thought I had let a good person die again.” Sunset rubbed her head and looked at Gilda who was still sniffing. “A good person who saved some delinquent because she was just that short sighted and stubborn.”

“I’m sorry.” Sunset sighed. “I didn’t want to …” Sunset was interrupted as she was embraced in another crushing hug. She let out a sigh before patting Gilda on the back as the girl let out all her trauma all over her shirt.

After about a minute of crying, Gilda managed to calm down and let Sunset and Celestia into her home. Celestia let the two girl’s sit down while she went off to help grab the boxes Gilda had already packed. The older woman decided that it would be best for the two girls to talk out their feelings with each other.

The girl’s home wasn’t that big, only having a single bedroom, a kitchen, a restroom and a small living room. The paint was peeling off the roof, the carpet had some stains on it …the bed wasn’t made, and the couch had some parts in disrepair. That also wasn’t mentioning how the ceiling looked to be on its way out, with all the cracks within it.

After about a minute of awkwardness, Sunset finally broke the ice. “Why didn’t you just run?” She finally asked. “I was dead anyways and …well you never had love for me anyways.”

Gilda rolled her eyes. “I can be stubborn, I can be thick headed and extremely hot tempered …but I'm not a psychopath.” She opened a can of beer and shakily took a small sip from the can. “And …god I thought we were going to die there.” She shook her head.

Sunset smiled and placed a hand onto Gilda’s which was shaking badly. “I never leave anyone behind.”

“Yeah …except yourself.” Gilda shook her head and pulled her hand out from Sunset’s. “You just …run into danger head first as if by impulse.” The girl shook her head. “Giant bully of the school, ‘let me challenge her’, three demon girls who aim to brainwash everyone, ‘let me run at them’, a conspiracy surrounding ‘Anon-A-Miss’, ‘hell yeah!” Gilda ranted as she crushed her can in her grip.

“Well …it’s a defining feature.” Sunset smirked. She sat there awkwardly as she tried to think of a more appropriate response. She wanted to tell Gilda that she was a pony from another dimension who came to this world on a whim …that she was not a stranger to magic because of this …but that would probably blow the girl’s mind.

“I …you …I also may have looked up to you …” Gilda finally managed out.

“What?” Sunset chuckled.

“I told you …you were a demon back then.” Gilda muttered. “But then you turned your life around so quickly …and the battle of the bands …” The girl closed her eyes. “You had much more impact than you thought.” The girl sighed.

“Wow …” Sunset scoffed. “That is …a lot.”

“You didn’t just inspire people …you were a lot of people’s hero …especially after the battle of the bands.” Gilda closed her eyes. “Which is why I was so disappointed when Anon-A-Miss appeared.” The girl looked down. “And now I know that I was wrong.”

“Anon-A-Miss had everyone fooled.” Sunset tried by Gilda shook her head.

“No, you don’t understand …” Gilda muttered. “I should have been better …should have done more to confirm you weren’t Anon-A-Miss …and when the truth was too much to deny …” Gilda closed her eyes. “To have you die …to have my …role model die …right after …all that. I didn’t want to allow that.” She admitted.

Sunset looked up at Gilda, and saw that the girl was trying her best to hide her facial features from behind her hair. She thought back to the night, how Gilda was so determined to help her get out of the warehouse. The strange words of, ‘let me do something good for someone for once’ seemed to hint at something else, and Sunset felt a pang of curiosity leading her to ask.

“Back at the warehouse …” Sunset started, getting the other girl’s attention. “When you were trying to get me out as well …what did you mean when you said that you wanted to do something good for someone else for once.” She grabbed a beer from the table. She knew that Celestia would disapprove, but she felt that the situation warranted a drink here.

She took a sip as Gilda stared at the wall, seemingly focused somewhere else beyond it with her eyes glazed over. Sunset began to regret the question until Gilda finally answered.

“Because those who help me either get killed …or hurt because of me.” Gilda finally whispered. She took a sip from her can. “Gallus, mom, dad…I’m sorry …” The girl choked. “I failed again.”

“You don’t have to say if you don’t want.” Sunset shook her head. “I understand how much it hurts to bring up painful memories.” She closed her eyes before taking a drink from her beer.

“No …you should know.” Gilda muttered. “I was being stubborn because it was the same situation.” She lifted her arm in front of her as if replaying the scene right there. “I was stuck in a horrible situation …my friend tells me to run …and you know the rest.” She flopped her hand down back and laid it on her knee.

“Gallus saved you I presume?” Sunset asked. “And so did your parents?”

Gilda nodded. “Gallus helped me escape a gang …my parents died while saving me from a robbery.” The girl’s head hung low and she looked to the side to hide her face, but Sunset could tell that she was trying her best to hide her tears.

“They made you promise to be better?”

Gilda nodded. “Yes …and that’s why I wanted to honor my promise.”

Sunset ruffled her eyebrows. “But …you spoke as if they were still alive back at the cafe.” Her face scrunched up as she tried to decipher the situation in front of her. “That if they ever returned, you wouldn’t be able to look them in the eye.”

“You wouldn’t believe it.” Gilda smirked.

Sunset rolled her eyes. “Try me. We saw demons last night.” She scoffed.

Gilda paused before nodding her head. “Alright. A couple months later …I got a note. It read … ‘I’m still alive’ on it.” Sunset failed to hide her shock so Gilda continued. “It was either a sick joke or …” The girl’s expression softened. “I saw his body but …I know he somehow managed to pull through. Gallus was always the sly one. If he wanted to …he could escape the grim reaper himself.”

Sunset let out a sigh before leaning back in the couch, causing it to creak. “Thank you for telling me.” She closed her eyes. “I know it must’ve been hard.”

“He’s still alive out there …” Gilda muttered. “He must be …”

“But yet you act as if he isn’t.” Sunset raised an eyebrow.

Gilda closed her eyes. “Hope …it’s small …but it’s all I have …it’s all anyone can have.”

Sunset gave a small smile. “I’m sorry for making you worried.” She finally sighed. “It’s just that I dragged you into the mess …and didn’t want you to pay the price.” She lifted her beer can to her mouth and took another sip.

“You throw your life too easily.” Gilda muttered. The girl tossed her hands in the air. “And right after figuring out who Anon-A-Miss was as well!” She gestured out into the air. “You would have died a villain! A cautionary tale.”

“But you and Pinkie would have known though.” Sunset lifted a finger up. “You two would have known the truth.” She emphasized.

“Nobody will believe a delinquent and an eccentric party planner.” Gilda snorted. She shook her head. “It was unfair.”

“I don’t care.” Sunset finally laughed, causing Gilda to do a double take so she decided to elaborate. “I just wanted to know the truth and someone else to be with me.” She closed her eyes. “Even if it cost me my life …it would be enough.” She whispered. Gilda then replied by slapping her in the back of her head.

“Don’t speak like that Shimmer!” Gilda snapped as Sunset rubbed her skull, angrily protesting at the abuse hurled at it. “Life is precious …don’t waste it!” She snapped. She then angrily finished the rest of her beer and tossed it towards a trash can …and missing. The girl got up from the couch and offered a hand towards Sunset. “Well …it’s obvious you have a knack of throwing yourself into danger …so you need some muscle.”

Sunset raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean?”

Gilda rolled her eyes. “Thought you were the smart one.” The girl let out a snort. “Every wannabe detective needs a partner, and you need someone to keep you out of danger.” She shrugged her shoulder. “I’m putting my hat in the ring.”

Sunset was at a lost for words and stammered as Gilda kept her hand outstretched towards her. After a few seconds, she managed out a sentence. “You’ll be an outcast if you work with me …they’ll assume you’re also Anon-A-Miss.”

Gilda shrugged. “My reputation is already in the shitter.”

“We’ll be attacked. Any goodwill you have will disappear.”

“It’s not about how you look. It’s about what you do.”

“You’ll be in danger.” Sunset tried in one last ditch attempt. “We might be attacked …assulted even.”

Gilda simply shrugged again. “I ain’t no stranger to danger …savvy?” She raised an eyebrow and placed her other hand upon her hips.

Sunset realized that the girl wasn’t going to take ‘no’ for an answer. So she took the girl’s hand and got up from the couch and stood with her, face to face.

“You’re crazy Gilda Grimshaw.” Sunset sighed.

“No more crazy than you Sunset Shimmer.” Gilda smirked. Sunset couldn’t help but feel relief wash over her, though she didn’t want to admit it. It felt nice to have someone firmly in her corner, whoever it may be.

“The chief of police asked me to drop my investigation and let the cops handle it though.” Sunset sighed, rubbing her arm. “So we won’t be doing much.”

To that comment, Gilda simply raised an eyebrow. “Is that really going to stop you?” She asked before giving Sunset a good pat on the shoulder. “Come on girl …we got an Anon-A-Miss to catch.”

Sunset nodded and looked Gilda in the eyes. “Then let’s go, partner.”

Witchblade

Sunset and Gilda packed the rest of the things from Gilda’s home and loaded it into Celestia’s car. They didn’t say much during the ride, but spoke about what was going to happen the next few weeks. They were going to stay with Celestia for a while and be protected by the police for a couple of weeks since she was a witness of an attempted murder. Though Sunset wanted to get back to school as soon as possible, Celestia advised that she skip school for a couple of days, at least a week, for her own safety. However, she suspected that she just wanted to make sure Sunset didn’t sneak off and do anything reckless.

When they got back to Celestia’s home, they unpacked and took in Gilda’s belongings for the next couple of weeks, or how long they were going to stay with Celestia. After getting their stuff settled down, and nearly having an altercation between Gilda and Luna after one made a comment about the others hair, they went off to visit Pinkie’s home.

On their way towards the Pie residence …Celestia went on about how distraught Pinkie was when she heard about her supposed death. Gilda rubbed the back of her head at that comment and looked the other way and muttered something about feeling bad for that.

When they finally arrived at the Pie’s residence and rang the bell, Sunset saw that their home was guarded by two police cars. It made Sunset feel better knowing that her friend was in good hands, and that she was protected.

They knocked on the front door and were greeted by Limestone Pie who just stared at Sunset. She had light gray skin and ash colored hair and green eyes. She wore a green jacket over her white shirt and blue shorts which revealed her toned muscles.

“Sunset …?” She asked in her raspy voice before looking at Gilda. Her eyes narrowed before hissing, “You …”

“Me.” Gilda rolled her eyes. “Let us skip the whole thing where we insult each other …because we both know I’ll win.”

“Go fuck yourself.” Limestone hissed. “You’re the one who got Sunset hurt in the first place.” She snapped. This caused both Sunset and Celestia to recoil. Both of them knew where this was going, but before they could jump in, the two girls just continued.

“Me?!” Gilda squawked. “Oh I’m so sorry I couldn’t help getting kidnapped. Next time when I am being chased by angry bug monsters I’ll just pack the bug spray.” She scowled.

“I’m not talking about that!” Limestone snapped. “You just up and abandoned her in that warehouse!” The girl snapped.

“Actually …” Sunset lifted a finger up but couldn’t get a word in as the two girls turned to her and shouted.

“NOT NOW!” Before they then returned to their petty arguing.

“Sunset teleported me out!”

“Not if you helped her get out!”

“How!”

“By not faffing about and not being a crying little bitch!” Limestone snapped. “You know how devastated Pinkie was about hearing how her best friend died …and hearing it in graphic detail …how she cried herself to sleep!?”

“At least she wasn’t there to see it!” Gilda roared. She walked forwards, pushing the girl into her own house with her finger up to her chest. “I saw Sunset get stabbed! I saw her get shot! I saw her fucking bleed out in front of me! You and Pinkie don’t understand what I WENT THROUGH YOU LITTLE BIT-!” Gilda didn’t get a word out before Celestia shouted in anger.

“GIRL’S ENOUGH!” She finally snapped. The principal turned to Limestone. “You’re being unreasonable. Gilda had no control over being kidnapped!” She then turned towards Gilda. “Control your temper and stop instigating a fight!” The two girls she scolded looked to the side with a scowl, but also with shame on their faces.

At that moment, everyone in the household managed their way over towards the front door to see what was going on. Sunset saw Igneous Rock walk out of his office, Cloudy Quartz came out of the kitchen wearing baking gloves, and Limestone’s three siblings came down from the stairs.

“Sunset?” Pinkie gasped from behind Maud before rushing down the stairs with tears in her eyes. Sunset was nearly bowled over when Pinkie gave her a big bear hug with loud sobs. “You’re alive …you’re alive I can’t believe it!”

The scene was sweet enough it managed to get a smile out from the stoic maud and the temperamental Limestone. Gilda smiled as well, but looked away as the two girls had their moment. Celestia pat Pinkie on the back as the girl continued to sob in Sunset’s chest, refusing to let go as Sunset’s lungs demanded room to breathe.

Gilda seemed to cool down and rubbed the back of her head. “Hey Pinkie …” The girl muttered. Pinkie simply glared at the girl before stuffing her face back in Sunset’s chest.

“I’m alive.” Sunset smiled. “The details of my deaths were …greatly exaggerated.” She snickered as Pinkie finally managed to pull herself away.

The girl wiped her eyes and took in a deep gasp and hiccuped a bit. “Gilda ran into the police station screaming about how you died …about demons and a crazy ninja lady …” Pinkie sniffed before continuing. “Then she grabbed me by the shoulders with a crazy look on her face and shook me while screaming about how you were dead.” The girl muttered.

“Ok to be fair I wasn’t in a good headspace. I just saw Sunset die …I was about to die …then I was teleported on top of a police car.” Gilda muttered.

“I was under a lot of pressure in the warehouse.” Sunset scoffed. “I was just hoping to get you close to safety.”

“Also the trip was extremely disorientating.” Gilda continued.

“But as you can see …” Sunset gestured at her body. “I’m fine.”

Pinkie let out a small laugh. “I can see that …” She sniffed.

“Sunset Shimmer …” Igneous Pie stepped forward, pushing Gilda to the side, with a hand out. “I just wanted to thank you for saving my daughter.” He smiled as Sunset Shimmer shook his hand. Gilda looked as if she wanted to punch the man, but she held back her hand and just simply glared at Igneous.

“It was my fault …” Sunset Shimmer muttered. “Those guys in the diner …I shouldn’t have riled them up.”

“They were criminals and potentially murderers.” Igneous Pie snarked. “I saw the photos of the diner this morning and how it was nearly completely trashed. Also, there was the other customers who were chased out and their testimony on how they were threatened, bribed or chased out to isolate you and Pinkie.” The father scoffed. “From how I see it …you did my daughter and everyone here a favor.”

“I saw the sketches from the witness about the gang members.” Cloudy Quartz suddenly jumped in. The woman smiled. “From what I heard …they also could be connected to the Mystery Murder case.”

“Supposedly.” Igneous Pie reminded. “However it is likely from the way they isolated and attacked Sunset.” The man gestured towards Sunset. “It is a good thing she was there to help Pinkie and Gilda.”

Sunset couldn’t help but blush a little from the praise. “You are too kind.” She looked over her shoulder at the cop cars behind her which surrounded the household. “Do you think they were come after Pinkie?” She asked.

“She was a witness to a crime that potentially involves a large corporation that is associated with making people disappear.” Limestone let out an angry chortle. “Of course they will. We just have to show them that it’s not worth it.” A sly smile made its way onto her face.

“We have a rifle, a pistol, and a shotgun.” Maud deadpanned. Sunset could swear she saw a semblance of a smile on the girl’s face, but if there was, it had disappeared as quickly as it appeared.

“We’ll be safe.” Pinkie smiled. “If they come and attack …we’ll show them the Pie hospitality!” She cheerfully declared with her arms stretched up. Sunset smiled, happy that Pinkie’s cheerfulness was still there with the girl.

“And by hospitality we mean lead.” Maud explained.

Gilda snorted while Celestia cringed a little, obviously a bit uncomfortable at the eagerness for violence. Gilda brightened up a small bit though, her animosity morphing into what looked to be a hint of respect for the family.

“Anyways …she did a miraculous job dispatching them all and saving not one …but two lives.” Igneous gave Sunset a warm smile, which was thanks enough for her.

Sunset couldn’t help but blush. “Thanks you two.”

“How did you escape?” Maud suddenly barged in. The girl had violet hair and green eyes and wore a gray sweater along with ashy pants. Her expression was stoic, but from the subtle tone of her voice, Sunset could detect a genuine curiosity.

Sunset shrugged. “I blacked out. Magic?”

Pinkie snorted and took in a deep breath. She then punched Sunset in the shoulder hard causing her to flinch. “That’s what you get for ditching me at the police station.” The pink haired girl pouted, but it couldn’t hide the small smile behind it.

“I was already rescuing this one…” Sunset gestured towards Gilda who just rolled her eyes. “I didn’t want to keep track of two people.” She took a deep breath. “It was a really close call.”

“Well I’m not letting you ditch me again.” Pinkie pouted. “You’re staying here where I can keep track of you.” She sniffed.

“Pinkie …though your concern for Sunset is understandable …I’m sure she can take care of herself. Besides …I think she needs rest after everything that she went through.” Cloudy Quartz explained, placing a hand upon her daughter’s shoulder.

Sunset gave a small smile. “When this is all over …I can come by and hang out okay. Then you can watch me all you want.” She gave Pinkie a small wink which caused her to blush. Gilda cleared her throat loudly and walked in between the two.

“So it’s a date then?” Pinkie asked.

“We were kind of told to remain with Celestia.” Gilda suddenly interjected. She turned towards Sunset. “Sorry …we can’t come over.”

“Then maybe I can come over!” Pinkie suggested. “We can have a sleepover!”

“We don't have room.” Gilda shrugged. “Not enough rooms in the house.”

“She can stay in my room.” Sunset shrugged. “I don’t really mind.”

Gilda growled as Pinkie bounced up and down with a big smile plastered on her face. “Is it a date then?!” Pinkie asked.

Sunset smiled. “Yes. It is. Pinkie promise.”

Everyone smiled at the sight of the two girl’s reconnecting. Gilda also couldn’t help but smile as well. With all of the trouble that was on everyone’s mind, nobody protested to a small bit of happiness in their life, especially with a friend. Well, almost everyone. Nobody noticed Maud’s clenched fist, which shook with a cold fury.

Witchblade

After the meeting with Pinkie, Sunset’s day went on without much more incident. She got to talk with Gilda and get the two to know each other a bit better. Luna came back from the Canterlot High School, a bit more grumpy than usual, and complaining about Anon-A-Miss. Apparently it got worse over break …and now every student seemed to be at each others throats. Sunset wondered if her investigation into Anon-A-Miss caused it to get worse …but Celestia reassured her that it had been going on for a while by that point.

Gilda offered to go shake up some people in school that she knew about for information. Celestia expressed her disapproval, and so did Luna with less enthusiasm, and Sunset asked the girl to not put herself at risk. Gilda than grumbled about not be able to do things the easy way, but relented.

At night time, Sunset was in her pajamas and had just put on her shirt when Gilda snuck up on her, and placed a cold hand upon her shoulder. She nearly jumped out of her skin.

“You don’t have a scar …” Gilda muttered, looking down at Sunset’s chest.

Sunset looked down and rubbed her sternum, and moved her hand to her heart. “I know it’s strange.” She muttered.

Gilda looked down at her stomach and brushed her hand over the areas where Sunset was shot. “Does it hurt?” She asked softly, with a hint of concern in her eyes.

Sunset shook her head. She looked down and saw scars on Gilda’s right hand. She grabbed the girl’s hand and lifted the sleeve up to see gnarly scars with the shape of lightning stretching from her hand all the way up to her elbow.

“How did I not see this?” Sunset whispered. Her memory went back to the night when she saw Gilda put on the gauntlet. At that time she just thought it was a magical item that gave super strength, or did mind control. She didn’t know that it was going to shock the girl and give her such awful scars. It also didn’t help that she didn’t know what to do at that moment.

“It’s not your fault.” Gilda pushed the sleeve down to cover it, but Sunset stopped her.

“It is.” Sunset sighed. “I was there and saw them forcing you to put on the gauntlet. I should have done something sooner.” Guilt filled her as she replayed that moment in her mind. She froze, she should have done something but she froze, and if she didn’t …Gilda wouldn’t have had such an awful injury.

“They would have torn you into shreds.” Gilda shrugged. She then pushed the sleeve down before lifting up her shirt revealing another on her stomach. It was large, jagged, and was the thickness of a small blade. “It isn’t the first one I have …and isn’t the last.”

“Does it hurt?” Sunset asked, while rubbing her arm, disturbed at the cruel scar that sat upon Gilda’s body.

“At first …but it recovered quickly. Even the doctors were confused.” Gilda scoffed. The girl took in a deep breath. “When I put the gauntlet on …it felt as if …it was connecting to me.” She looked Sunset in the eyes. “Call me crazy …but it felt as if it rejected me …like it was alive.”

Sunset looked down at her right arm where the small silver bracelet was. The small jewel seemed to glow even from the minimal light that came from the lightbulb in Sunset’s room. She had nearly forgotten about it, and the memory of something crawling up her arm flashed in her mind. Gilda also took notice and took her hand before staring at the bracelet that sat upon it.

“Never took you for one who wore jewelry.” Gilda muttered.

Sunset grabbed her hand and rubbed the bracelet. “Neither did I.”

Gilda nodded before turning around and leaning against the door frame of Sunset’s temporary room. “Well …just wanted to make sure you were okay …and to wish you good night.” She looked out into the hallway, and just leaned there, as if contemplating something. “I think back to that night …I wonder what happened to that gauntlet.” The girl sighed.

Sunset looked nervously down at her right arm. “Yeah. So do I.”

Gilda nodded. “I don’t know why but sometimes I just feel …” She paused with her mouth open. “I just wish I could see it one more time …I don’t know why.” Gilda muttered. The girl then shrugged it off. “Sorry about rambling. Good night Sunset. Holler if you need help.” The girl said before walking off towards the downstairs couch.

“No worries.” Sunset called out, but slowly lowered her hand. She went over and closed her room door before sitting down onto her bed. She felt bad when it was revealed that Celestia only had one guest bedroom. Sunset offered to sleep on the couch, but Gilda stubbornly insisted that she be the one to do it, and despite protest, Gilda wouldn’t budge.

Sunset looked down at her bracelet which seemed to glare at her. “What are you …?” Sunset muttered finally, as if expecting the bracelet to answer. She rolled her eyes and tried to tug the bracelet off her hand to no avail. “Come on …I don’t want to sleep with some trinket on!” She growled quietly so as to not disturb everyone else in the house. She banged it on her desk which caused a ripple to go through her, causing her to stumble back.

}}}I am a being of great power. I would appreciate not being molested and smashed against cheap wooden desks.{{{

Sunset had to stifle a scream at the voice that spoke to her in her head. The red jewel on the bracelet began to glow, as if finally awakening. She stumbled back onto her bed while staring at the bracelet.

“What are you?” She whispered. “I’ve never heard of magical talking artifacts before.”

}}}I am no mere magical artifact. I was born from the meeting of two primordial forces. Created to maintain the balance of darkness and light. I am a being of great power and would appreciate not being delegated as some object.{{{

“You are saying a lot without saying much.”

}}}I am called ....the witchblade! I choose wielders who are worthy of the power I grant to maintain balance in the universe. You are the most recent wielder and I have chosen you to be the next.{{{

Sunset nodded. “Okay. But when did you choose me? I don’t remember picking you up at all.” She questioned.

}}}You do not remember because the power overwhelmed you at that time. It overwhelmed your mind. Let me remind you.{{{

Suddenly, Sunset’s mind was filled with memories of that night. She remembered the masked woman towering over her, the sword dangling over her skull, calling herself the Blade of Iron. She then remembered an eruption of flames as a woman covered in metallic armor walked out, burning everything in the surrounding area.

She remembered the clash between the Blade of Iron as she and the woman clashed blades. There were screams as the masked woman was burned over and over again, but came out without any injuries. The monsters then clawed their way out of the canal and back into the room as the sound of sirens surrounded in the background. The woman then let out a roar, and fired a blast of fire at one of the monsters. There was an explosion which melted half of the warehouse, in which the woman walked out of …and she was …

“Me!” Sunset exclaimed with a gasp, clasping her chest as the pain of the katana through her chest suddenly returned. “I fought off the Blade of Iron or whatever her name was.”

}}}We fought her off. We are in a symbiotic relationship. It was only now that it was stable enough that communicating with you wouldn’t make you black out.{{{

“And they escaped! But where did the explosion come from?” She asked.

}}}One of the demons reflected the flame and concentrated some of his power into it. It is very dangerous.{{{

“Do you think they will come after Pinkie?” Sunset questioned. “Will they come after me?”

}}}It is likely they will come after the other girl. She is the only one who they know the location of. The other girl moved here and you are the wild card. However, I am unsure who would be the one to attack.{{{

“What do you mean?”
}}}It could be the demons who attacked you or the woman we sparred with last night. If it is the latter …{{{

“She was able to deflect all my attacks last night.” Sunset muttered. She could feel her heart pumping just from remembering the fight. The clashing of blades, how every strike was deflected, and how the masked woman’s aim was true and always hit on target. “She was able to match our power just like that.”

}}}We must proceed with caution. It would be a poor end to one with such a promising future.{{{

“I am no stranger to life threatening situations.” Sunset affirmed. She looked at her door and thought about getting Gilda into it as well, however, she didn’t want to drag the girl into anymore danger. Besides, she was just going to go check to ensure Pinkie Pie was okay. However, how she was going to get there was another issue.

She couldn’t just ask Celestia for a ride, and Gilda would get suspicious and ask to come if she mentioned Pinkie Pie. It was also in the middle of the night, and she suspected nobody would be eager to drive all the way to the Pie family residence just for a checkup. She also didn’t want to sneak through the home and make her way halfway across town.

}}}Go to the window.{{{

“What, why?” Sunset asked as she made her way to the window. She opened it up and was hit by the cold air quickly rushing in. She looked out at the snow below, and determined that it wasn’t thick enough to give her a soft landing.

}}}Unleash my power. It is the only way to save your friend.{{{

Sunset looked down at her bracelet and hesitated. She remembered the last time it took over her, how destructive it was. However, Pinkie could be in danger, and she wasn’t going to wait around and let the girl be hurt. She let out a sigh as she realized that she would be running headlong into danger again, just like Gilda said she had a habit of doing, but it would be a cold day in hell for her to let her friend be in danger.

“Tell me how.” She whispered.

}}}Focus on me. Focus on the bracelet and with your mind reach out towards me.{{{

Sunset took in a deep breath as she did what was requested. She felt a tug of power on her wrist as the bracelet began to glow. The silver of the bracelet extended out and started to extend outwards with metallic blades up her arm. It shredded her clothes as it slowly covered her body, making its was across her shoulder blades towards her other arm. The armor covered her shoulder and parts of her arm before then working on her hands. Her forearms were completely covered, her hands became claws with spiked tips at the end. Her right hand had the gems upon it though, the red and yellow gems on her knuckles, with the blue one near her elbow.

It then snaked downwards from her shoulders and barely covered her breasts and womanhood in what could only be described as bikini armor. The middle of her chest was completely open which only stopped at her sex in a V-shape.

The armor wasn’t the only thing that changed about her. Her hair became more metallic, and the whites of her eyes became black, and the turquoise irises became brighter and more pronounced. Her muscles became more toned, her chest and abonomial muscles became thicker.

Fire flowed through her veins, but it didn’t sting, rather it filled her with power. The cold of the air disappeared as her entire body felt warm and she could feel the power radiating out from her.

“This is amazing!” She cackled.

}}}Now jump out.{{{

“What? Sunset’s excitement at the new flow of power through her body was suddenly stopped by that one statement.

}}}I also give you enhanced strength. You can make it. If you want to make it to your friends house though, you’ll need a quicker way than just running there.{{{

“How am I supposed to get there fast enough?”

}}}I am only limited by your imagination.{{{

“Really?” Sunset muttered before smiling. She put a foot on the windowsill and propelled herself forwards. Orange and red batwings extended out with metal lining the edges which stuck out into the sky. She willed herself forwards into the heavens and above the clouds, taking in the power and the freedom suddenly granted to her.

She let out a laugh before diving down and quickly speeding through the air towards the Pie residence. She circled around a tower and weaved in between buildings and past a window. A kid pointed outside for his parents to see the strange winged lady flying in the air, but neither wanted to get up from bed.

Sunset wanted to test the extend of her ability to fly more, but she focused and made her way as quickly as she could to the Pie residence. The snow fell over her, and the cold winter air enveloped her, but they both seemed to recoil when they got close. She felt as if she was fire and power.

“Hang on Pinkie. I’m coming.” Sunset promised as she sped through the winter night.

Witchblade

Pinkie slept soundly in her room and would normally be dreaming of ice cream and cats along with ice cream cats. However, after the warehouse explosion, she could only dream of Sunset, missing an arm, burnt with gouged out eyes and rotting skin pointing an accusatory finger at her. The figure would then ask Pinkie why the girl took away her smile before opening her mouth revealing it was cut downwards in a frown shape with rotting teeth in the middle.

However, her sleep was stopped abruptly by a thump outside. She jerked upwards and looked around the room. Ever since the incident at the cafe, she had been very jumpy about potential monsters hiding around the corner. That thing with orange skin at the cafe stayed in her mind, she could never shake it off.

After confirming that the monster was nowhere to be seen, she reached over and grabbed her phone. Maybe the sound had come from her phone and her head dreamt it to be different? She scrolled through the messages where she had spoken with the other friends in their friend group.

[Applejack: I’m sure Gilda was just rambling nonsense. Sunset can handle hereslf …she’ll be fine.]

[RainbowDash: If there is one thing I know for sure about Sunset it’s that she’s a fighter. She’ll be fine.]

[Rarity: I saw on the news …despite everything …I hope she is unharmed.]

[FlutterShy: Oh god …and after all the mean things we said …I hope she is alright.]

Pinkie let out a sigh as she placed her phone to the side. Despite everything, they still believed that Sunset was Anon-A-Miss. Despite Sunset nearly getting herself killed trying to find the true culprit, people still thought it was a ruse, or she had some shady gang dealings. The girl understood Sunset’s frustration, and why she was snapping at the ‘Thor’ guy in the cafe.

Before her mind could wander any further, she heard gunfire in the street. She sat up in her bed, her heart pumping as the sounds of screaming and the slicing of flesh echoed. She could hear the cries of bystanders and a loud crash and the screeching of car tires.

Pinkie breathed heavily as she got out of bed and rushed towards the hall. She nearly ran into Limestone and Maud who seemed to also be making their way out. Their father and mother was also there, Igneous holding his trusty rifle.

“Did you guys hear that?” Pinkie asked, panicked.

“Stay in your room Pinkie.” Igneous ordered her.

“But …”

“I said go!” Her father ordered, panicked. Pinkie nodded and looked at her siblings and saw that Limestone had her trusty revolver, and Maud, her trust shotgun.

Before Pinkie could duck back into her room, there was a sudden knock on the door right before the doorbell was run. That seemed to confuse everyone and even Marble Pie stuck her head out from behind the door she was hiding. Limestone snapped and ushered Marble to go back and hide in their room.

A second past as the air stood still. “Do you think they left?” Pinkie whispered.

The door was then kicked open flying across the living room and into the kitchen. A masked woman stepped through, a blade in her hand that was red with blood. In her other hand, she dragged a police officer by the cuff of his shirt. She tossed the police officer to the side and into the television in the living room.

“Shit!” Limestone exclaimed as she aimed her revolver at the intruder.

The masked woman, with a swift motion, caught the bullet in midair. Pinkie ducked back in her room as the entire Pie family began to unload all their weapons into the intruder, but the masked woman continued up the stairs. She caught all the bullets in her hand while blocking the others with her sword.

She reached the top of the stairwell and loomed over the family. Their father quickly reloaded his rifle, but was kicked to the side by the masked woman with indifference. Maud came at the woman with a hammer, but was grabbed by the neck and thrown down the stairs. Cloudy reached down to help her husband, but kicked away and knocked out as well. Limestone threw a punch but it was caught easily. Limestone was forced down, and watched as the masked woman lifted a clenched fist over her, before opening it up and let go of the bullets she had caught and dumped it onto her chest. In a rare moment for the abrasive girl, she showed an expression of panic.

“Who are you?” Limestone trembled as the masked woman leaned forwards.

“I am nobody.” Was all the masked woman said before grabbing the girl by the throat.

Limestone was slammed into the wall repeatedly with loud cracks, until her eyes rolled into the back of her head. She slumped onto the ground as the masked woman let the girl go. She slowly approached Pinkie’s room. In the corner of her eye, she caught sight of Marble, the girl shivering in the corner as she observed the the masked woman.

The masked woman sheathed her sword and turned away from the girl before walking into Pinkie’s room. The pink haired girl was backed up in the very back with a knife in her hands.

“D-don’t move or else!” The girl shook as her heart pounded in her chest. Tears flowed from her eyes as the masked woman continued towards her. “I-I mean it …get away!” She shouted as she continued to sob. The masked woman stood in front of her now. Pinkie thrusted the knife forwards into the masked woman’s chest, only for it to be stopped by two fingers.

The masked woman tossed the blade away and grabbed Pinkie who struggled in the woman’s iron grasp. She cried out as she was carried down the stairs and out the home. She sobbed as she was thrown onto the snow covered ground in front of seven insect-like humanoid creatures with black carapaces and green eyes.

One of them bent forwards and stared at Pinkie whose tears made it hard for her to see. She sniffed and sat up with her fists raised up. “I-I’m not scared of you!” She snapped, throwing a punch that was easily dodged.

The humanoid insect simply nodded before looking up at the masked woman. “The wendigos won’t be happy we aren’t killing her.”

“They already let their presence be known with their overfeeding. Besides …she is the bait …and a dead bait is useless is it not?” The masked woman asked.

The humanoid insect shrugged. “I guess so. But if we killed her …the girl would come for revenge anyhow.”

“And lose our leverage?” The masked woman let out a chuckle. “Typical changelings. Thinking one step ahead and with your stomach.”

The changeling sneered. “Well at least I’m not a lapdog.” It then turned around. “So where is the witchblade?!” It gestured at the burning police cars in front of the Pie residence. The flames flickered up into the sky as the officers laid there in the snow, many of them bleeding out into the snow. “Is it too scared to come out!? It sure was too scared at the warehouse!” The changeling taunted.

“Do you think it’s a good idea to taunt the superweapon who can disintegrate us?” Another changeling asked. “I mean …you saw what happened at the warehouse. It’s power turned half of it into slag!”

“What is she going to do?!” The first changeling scoffed. “Kill us?”

Pinkie was too scared to speak or move as the masked woman stood over her. However, a figure in the sky caught her attention, and she turned to see it quickly moving towards her. It had orange wings and metallic wings while being covered in what looked to be bikini armor.

Before she could say anything, she felt herself swept off her feet and flown away from the wreckage and into the crowd that was forming around the scene. She looked up to see a woman with firey and metallic hair with black eyes which had turquoise irises. The woman than quickly flew over the scene as quickly as she had arrived with a scowl on her face.

The masked woman smiled. She had waited for so long to fight a worthy opponent, and if this was anything like the warehouse, it would be worth her time. She never knew some lowly reporter would get the power of the witchblade. It would be hers shortly, but before that, it was going to be a fight to remember, she was sure of that. She never killed anyone who wasn’t her target, and this one was looking to be a good one.

“You know changeling …that is a damn good idea.” The witchblade scowled as the other changelings began to cower. “Now which one wants to start?”

Author's Note:

Hello there Hi. Theses are my Author Notes.
If you are coming here from Michael Ravencrofts Witchblade story, you may have noticed some similarities.
Well, I liked his introduction to Witchblade so much I decided to "borrow" some parts of his story.
"No officer, I wasn't doing a robbery. It was simply a meme."
All joking aside, I wanted to skip to the action as fast as possible and didn't know where to take the story. I really hope you'll forgive my lack of creativity for this chapter. Next chapter and the next arc will cover the first Witchblade story arc.
The story of Nottingham, Irons and Sarah is the first issue to the best of my knowledge. I love Nottingham and Kenneth Irons and wanted to adapt them into the fanfic. The issue is which characters to use? The human version of the dazzlings are rarely used, and I barely see them in different stories. So in this arc, what better than to use them. Don't worry, the pony versions of the dazzlings will appear, but later and I have something planned for them as well.
But for now, I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. I appreciate any writing tips and plot critiques.