• Published 5th Nov 2023
  • 553 Views, 7 Comments

A Piece Of Advice - TheKing2001



Twilight realizes Starlight may need help from somepony who might relate better. If only the pony she had in mind wasn't a bitter alcoholic.

  • ...
0
 7
 553

Chapter II

I teleported myself back to the castle after ensuring Sunset made it back home safely. Apparently it wasn’t the first time Lyra had made sure Sunset made it back home.

The amber unicorn had a pretty nice house on a hill on the edge of town that had a small pool and a fenced in back yard. Her cutie mark was proudly emblazoned on the front door of her two story house. I made a mental note to ask how she afforded such a house.

“How did it go with Sunset?”

“Gah!” I screamed and jumped, spinning around and glaring at a sheepish looking Spike. “By the stars Spike, don’t you ever scare me like that again! I almost instinctively turned you into a potted plant!”

“Sorry Starlight. Did you and Sunset hit it off?” Spike asked curiously as he flexed his claws.

“Uh not sure?” I admitted weakly. “She’s a very unique pony. She kinda talks weird too. She doesn’t say everypony or anypony.”

“It’s complicated,” Spike answered as I raised an eyebrow. “Just trust me. You should really ask Twilight in the morning. She can answer your questions better than I probably could.”

That made me more confused than anything really. At least I got a free drink out of it and two unique unicorn acquaintances. Lyra was strange but nice. She had a weird obsession with something called a human but I don’t judge. We all have our quirks.

“Okay. Met somepony named Lyra. She’s well unique as well,” I said as as Spike’s eyes lit up. “I uh take it you know her?”

“Oh of course! Lyra went to school with Twilight. So did Lemon Hearts, Minuette, Twinkleshine and Moondancer, but Moondancer doesn’t come out here that much. Minuette lives here with Berry Punch and the other two come out very often,” Spike explained as we started walking down the hall to our respective rooms. “I always loved them. Good ponies. Moondancer was a bit shy like Twilight but she’s certainly developed into her own pony these days.”

“Minuette lives with the bartender? Why?”

“Probably because they’re dating?” Spike suggested as I gave a nod. That made some sense I suppose. I usually tried to stay out of ponies relationships like that, even when I ran my own village. If they were happy, why should I get involved after all. “Berry Punch has a pretty cute filly named Ruby Pinch. She’s one of the Twilight Time fillies along with Dinky and Cottton Cloudy.”

I decided to not ask what Twilight Time was. I had a feeling it would be some large, time consuming explanation and I was tired. I have a feeling I should be slightly worried about how casual everypony was about the fact Sunset could get home drunk so easily. Practice does make perfect after all I suppose.

“I’m going to bed. Just wanted to check up on you and see how Sunset was. She’s a good mare and a friend, even if she doesn’t think she needs friends anymore after all the drama she went through,” Spike sighed and his claws grasped a door handle.

“What drama?” I asked curiously as he paused and looked back.

“You’d have to ask her that. Goodnight Starlight.”


“You did what?” Twilight shouted as Spike and I pressed our ears to the door. “I sent her to get decent advice from you, not to have you tell her to just throw friendship away like it means nothing!”

“Look, I was drunk alright!” Sunset shouted back as she or Twilight paced back and forth. “I told her to temper her expectations, not to allow anyone to get too close to use her! That should be what you want too!”

Spike and I looked at each other nervously. I accidentally told Twilight everything Sunset had said and well, Twilight was less than happy.

“Telling her that friendship is BS is not exactly telling her to temper her expectations! I sent her to you so you two could be friends! Because you need one because you obviously aren’t talking to me!”

“I have friends!” Sunset shot back angrily.

“Alcohol and the ponies you take to bed aren’t friends! In the span of a few months, you’ve slept with Lyra, Bon Bon, Octavia, Vinyl, Derpy, Cloudkicker, the flower trio!” Twilight retorted as Spike gave me a confused.

“What’s wrong with sleeping with ponies?” Spike asked as I looked at him. “I sleep with you and Twilight sometimes.”

I choked on air as Spike gave me a confused look. He hit me on the back and I gave him an appreciative look.

“I’ll tell you when you’re older Spike. Just uh don’t say something like that in public. Ponies might get the wrong idea,” I chided as we pressed our ears to the door again.

“So what? I can have sex with whoever I want. I didn’t see you complaining that one time!” Sunset exclaimed as I turned red. “If I remember correctly, you were just saying yes and my name for a few hours!”

“We agreed to never bring that up!” Twilight snapped as I raised an eyebrow. “And might I add, all the ponies you’ve slept with were the counterparts of the ones who hurt you, yet you never slept with the other elements.”

“What’s sex?” Spike asked curiously as he tapped my foreleg.

“Nothing!” I said hastily as my eyes flicked around. “Nothing at all!”

“So what?” Sunset scoffed as I bit my lip from trotting in to give my opinion. “Is that all? You just wanted to yell at me?”

“I’m yelling because I’m your friend!” Twilight shouted and I idly wondered if anypony outside could hear the shouting. “What happened to you was wrong Sunset, but taking it out on the ponies in the town isn’t the best way to deal with your anger. I had to convince Mystery Mint to not press charges after you threw her son out of the bar.”

“He touched my flank! It was self defense,” Sunset explained. “I’d do it again if he tried.”

“You got banned from all the bars in town. The only reason Berry refuses to ban you is because she likes you even if she doesn’t know your name. Plus, you bring in a lot of business for her on karaoke night.”

“I know,” Sunset answered. “Same time next week?”

“Yeah,” Twilight said and the door opened a crack. Spike and I peered through as the two hugged and I raised an eyebrow.

My eyes widened in fear as I leaned forward a bit too far. Spike and I crashed through the door and tumbled on the floor as both Sunset and Twilight looked at us with raised eyebrows.

“Hey Spike, hey Starlight,” Sunset waved with a smirk as Twilight smiled faintly.

“Hey.”

“Sup?”

“So I take you two heard everything,” Twilight commented casually as I scuffed a hoof on the floor nervously. I really hoped I wasn’t about to get kicked out for eavesdropping or something.

“Yeah,” I admitted and looked back up at them. “What was that all about? Same time next week?”

“Oh we always meet up the same day and time every week. Twilight let’s me rant about my week. This time she was yelling at me obviously,” Sunset said and rolled her eyes. “As you both heard.”

“Yeah,” Spike muttered as he picked up some books. “And threw books at each other I see.”

“Oh no that was me,” Twilight said sheepishly. “I was beginning to reorganize the bookshelf when Sunset came in.”

Spike gave her an unconvinced look as Sunset bit back a snicker. Twilight was scarily obsessed with reorganizing the library every three months. It’s gotten to the point where I make sure I’m out of the castle when it happens.

“So I’ll be going home now. I got work to do” Sunset said casually and flicked her tail a bit as she trotted past me. “Bye Spikey, bye Twilight. I’ll see you around Starlight.”

She trotted out the doors as she tossed a sultry grin over her shoulder my way as I blushed faintly. The doors quietly shut as I looked at Spike before looking at Twilight.

“What did she mean by you didn’t complain that one time?” I asked curiously with a mischievous grin as Twilight blushed.

“We may have had a small relationship for a little bit. Mutually, we agreed to end it because Sunset wasn’t really in the right mindset and I wasn’t all too ready to date myself so you know,” Twilight said and waved a hoof in the air. “We both agreed to stay friends. Maybe one day we can try again.”

“I never took you for a pony to date mares, let alone date in general.”

“I’ve had plenty of guys and mares!” Twilight exclaimed as I raised an eyebrow as she turned bright red. “That came out completely wrong. I didn’t mean it like that.”

“Uh huhhhh,” I tapped a hoof on my chin and grinned. “Totally not.”

“What I meant was I’ve dated before. Once,” Twilight said and I raised an eyebrow even higher. “Okay, fine! Three or four times but that’s it!”

“I believe you,” I said and shrugged. “So what exactly happened to Sunset? Spike told me to ask you.”

“Don’t bring me into this,” Spike called out from the other side of the library as he swept the floor casually. “I’m just an innocent third party.”

I idly wondered how he knew what that meant but he didn’t know what sex was. As long as I didn’t have to tell him what it was, I’m perfectly happy with that. I’ll just leave it to Twilight. But then again, she’s probably going to give him a health class style lecture on the topic.

“It’s complicated,” Twilight admitted as she glanced at Spike. “Really complicated. I’ll tell you another time, okay? Maybe Sunset can. It’s her story to tell after all.”

“That’s what I said,” Spike called out again and I threw a couch cushion at him. “Hey!”

Twilight snickered as she rolled her eyes.

“Alright, now I really have to get back to work. Hey since you’re here, wanna help Starlight?” Twilight asked with a grin as I groaned internally.

“I just remembered I have to go fly kites with Pinkie!” I said hastily and Twilight raised an eyebrow.

“Okay.”

I took off before she could poke more holes in my cover story. Working right now is not my definition of a good time.