• Published 7th Oct 2023
  • 673 Views, 25 Comments

Ori And The Dragon In The Will Of The Wisps - dragonfan101



Months after Spike met Ori and helped her save the forest and Kuro, they are separated from they're little sister Ku in a strange land

  • ...
3
 25
 673

Interlude: Beginning The Search

Months had passed by since Spike disappeared from Equestria, it was only with the help of the Dragon Lord Torch and they're rulers Celestia and Luna, that they were able to find out what happened to him.

If only she had been there to save him, Twilight and her friends along with many other dragons including Torch, they had witnessed Spike's journey through the land of Nibel.

They saw him dying only to be brought back thanks to the miracle of the Spirit Tree. And they watched his journey, from him meeting a Spirit named Ori. To all the places in the forest they went to.. and his corruption.

Spike had absorbed too much light from Ancestral trees during the journey, his body continued to be more and more covered with light. Twilight had prayed there would be a way for him to be saved from it.. but it didn't happen.

Spike was consumed by it and his body completely changed. he became a hybrid between a Dragon and Spirit Guardian, and according to what Sein said during the adventure.. he can't turn back.

Twilight hasn't been able to do well during the time waiting to get to Nibel. She hadn't been able to do her duty's as the Princess Of Friendship that well, and her friends had been trying to help her but she couldn't help but worry for Spike.

When she told him that destiny comes when they least expect it, her words were right. As she did not expect him to vanish not 10 minutes after she told him that.

Even though everything looked perfectly fine after the adventure with Spike and Ori being together.. she still felt worried for him... she felt like something was gonna happen.. that would never have them see eachother again.

Twilight never stopped her worries for Spike, she practically raised him as his mother, no matter what happened between them, she always loved Spike like a son. And because of the exchange she made with Torch in order to find Spike to have him be given a pair of guardian dragons when they get him back.. she felt like she was losing him even more.

Yes, she did say she would be fine with him leaving her one day.. but to have it happen so soon, and Spike being taken away from them all in such a short time, its just too much for her right now.

During the time after they saw Spike's journey, Twilight and her friends had been getting ready for this journey to find him, Equestria had settled down after that huge lightshow that took Spike away, they didn't know what it was but Twilight and her friends new. Twilight had been waiting day after day for this spell the princesses and Torch were working on in order to take them there.

Of all the people to be coming with them to help find Spike, she had never expected Garble, the dragon who had been picking on him for quite a bit, to volunteer alongside a sister named Smolder who he had, even though she still wasn't fully trusting of him, she could really see the remorse he feels for what he did. He even had been trying to help around the place with his sister to show they truly mean well.

But she could tell not even that could help Garble fully forgive himself, and she thinks he won't until Spike says it's okay and he forgives him.. she had hoped that this would all turn out okay in the end but had a bad feeling something was about to happen to Spike... something bad.

Twilight was currently with her friends and Garble and Smolder at a restaurant having some food and discussing what to do about they're current problem.

"So what are we going to do first when we get there?" Fluttershy asked worried.
" I think the best idea to have is to either find the family Spike's been living with or the Spirit tree to get some information" Twilight suggested and they all nodded at that.

"That sounds like a proper place to start, Garble and i can help track him thanks to our senses" Smolder suggested and Garble nodded but he still felt unsure of it.
"That could work.. but we all should remember that he isn't fully dragon anymore and his scent could be completely different" Garble informed them.

" Can't your kind track down almost anything?" Rainbow dash asked curious.
"Not everything, unless our kind has a clear scent, we may not be able to find what we're looking for" Smolder explained and they nodded in understanding, they all then noticed Twilight was looking worried still.

"Twilight i know your worried for him, we all are too, but if we can't properly figure out a plan, it will only make things more difficult." Applejack told her.
"I know.. it's just.. i'm getting a really bad feeling, like somethings gonna happen to Spike soon.. and we won't be able to see him again." Twilight replied and they all looked worried as she said that.

"Don't think like that Twilight, you saw how happy they were when the journey was over. What could have you worried?" Pinkie asked, but Garble sighed at that.
" It's been months since that incident happened, anything could be happening at this place right now, Twilight's worries are completely justified given we don't know what's going on" Garble told them.

"He's right girls, anything could be happening, and we may be to late to find out what's going on if we don't hurry." Twilight said agreeing with Garble.
"Don't worry, i know things will be fine.. they have too" Smolder said trying to make them feel better but she herself felt something was wrong.

Before they could continue talking, a letter appeared before them and Twilight opened it.
"It's a letter from Celestia, she, Luna and Torch have finally gotten a spell that will send us to Nibel." Twilight explained and they're eyes widened.

"Really?!" Rarity asked hopefully.
"It's about time!" Rainbow dash said happy at that.
"they want us to meet them at the Dragon Lands right now." Twilight informed them.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Garble said getting up as the others did as well, Twilight payed the check very quickly and then used her magic to teleport them all away.
"What, no tip?" The waiter asked a little upset at that

They all appeared in a flash of light and looked around and saw they were in the Dragon Lands again.
"I must admit, i'm jealous of the lifestyle you all have back there." Smolder said looking at the place.
"Yeah.. i'm grateful for that too, they're waiting for us at Torch's throne, let's go." Twilight said moving ahead and they all followed along.

They continued to walk like this seeing the familiar barren wasteland that the Dragons lived in, Smolder then looked at her brother and noticed he was upset.
"Hey, you okay Garble?" Smolder asked worried.
"No.. the kids out there somewhere, and if what Twilight's saying is true.. i'm afraid i'll never make up for what i did.. and i won't ever forgive myself for it." Garble said worried, Smolder then placed her claw on his shoulder.
"It will be okay, we'll find him and you two can sort things out.. i just hope he's okay' Smolder said worried, even though she hadn't met him in person, she still felt worried for him even after the adventure they went through.
"Yeah.. me too" Garble replied as they came upon the three rulers.

"Twilight, i'm so glad you and your friends could make it here so quickly." Celestia said relieved.
"Forgive us for taking so long, but this spell was hard to properly figure out." Luna explained
"Yes, it was hard to find a spell that could travel this far, even with my scepters power." Torch said agreeing.

"It's okay, what matters is you all got it now, is everything ready?" Fluttershy asked
"Yes, but what we're wondering is, are you all ready? this will be a long journey." Celestia asked them
"We've been preparing for this for months, i've got plenty of supplies for us for the journey, you all ready?" Twilight asked and they nodded, Torch then looked down at Garble and Smolder.

"Are you two sure you wanna do this, there are other dragons willing to go if your not wanting to." Torch asked.
"Of course we are Lord Torch! We've been ready for this for months now? Right?" Smolder asked looking at Garble, he was hesitant but nodded in agreement ready as well.
"Very well.. just bring him back safely you two." He ordered and they bowed in respect, Celestia then walked up to Twilight.

"Twilight, be careful, i hope you have a safe journey, here, this scroll will give you the information you need to come back when your all done" Celestia said giving her a scroll and Twilight took it.
"Thank you Celestia, we won't let you down." Twilight said determined.

"We know you will, are you all ready?" Luna asked and everyone nodded ready to go.
"Very well. Brace yourselves for this." Torch said holding out the scepter while Celestia and Luna charged up they're magic.

They shot three beams that collided with eachother and turned into one beam and went to them, they were all engulfed in a large wave of energy and in a bright flash of light they all vanished and were teleported away.

"It is done." Torch said as he looked at the spot where they once remained.
"I just hope they're journey goes well" Celestia prayed.
"I'm sure it will sister, i mean it's not like we're gonna get any worrying news right?" Luna asked nervously and Torch and Luna both looked at her with straight faces.
"Really sister?" Celestia asked upset.
"You should never ever ask something like that." Torch explained, Luna then remembered what happened the last time she asked that.
"Oh.." Luna said in realization.

As if what she asked was granted, they all heard a really loud screech surprising them all.
"What was that?" Luna asked.
"I don't know.. but it sounded.. familiar?" Celestia asked, Torch looked around to find where that sound came from and his eyes widened.
"There!" He said pointing in the sky, they all looked to where he was pointing and they all saw a large familiar bird.
"Sister isn't that?" Luna asked shocked.
"Kuro.." Torch and Celestia both said shocked as well as they saw her flying around.

We cut to a forest, everything seems peaceful and normal, but it is suddenly interrupted when a bright flash shines around the area, and when the flash dies down we find Twilight and the others had arrived.

"Is this the place?" Rainbow dash asked looking around.
" I think so." Twilight replied looking around as well, they all noticed a cliff of somekind and they walked up to it, and when they got to the edge they all looked in awe as they saw a huge tree a ball of light in the top.

"Is this?" Smolder asked shocked.
"It is.." Garble replied as we cut to a view of the forest.
"The land of Nibel" They all said looking at the place and things fade to black.

Author's Note:

Hey guys hope you liked this new chapter! Sorry i didn't update yesterday, i had a family birthday i needed to go to, because i like to spend time with my family whenever i get the chance.

I think we can all agree that the redemption Garble had was way to rushed and completely out of nowhere for a lot of us, if his redemption was like Pacifica's from Gravity Falls where he would become kinder from each episode he was in , it would have been better, as of now.. it was completely rushed. I'll try to have him redeem himself much better in this story and i hope you all don't mind this. Thank you all for reading this chapter and i hope you look forward to what's next and i'll see you next time!