• Published 6th Oct 2023
  • 333 Views, 5 Comments

Tears for Mercy - daOtterGuy



Meadowbrook searches for the Swamp Heart to cure her beloved.

  • ...
0
 5
 333

Rest

Meadowbrook gently stroked the side of Salve’s face. He looked so peaceful as his breathing began to ebb. The shattered remains of glass littered the floor. Blue blood trickled down the side of her face, splattering across Salve.

She counted his breaths. One, two, three… none. His breathing stopped.

Open, slack eyes and a grimace… no, a soft smile. Dried tears stained his cheeks. It was a beautiful sight. Her friend, perfectly at peace.

“See? Isn’t this the better way?” Somnus said. “Better than just waiting for the end? Avoiding the pain that comes with it?”

She smiled. “I’m almost jealous.”

“Alas, this cannot be for us,” Somnus whispered. “We have much to do. More to give. We are the only ones that can bring mercy to these pained souls.”

Standing up amongst the wreckage of her atelier, she trotted toward the front door. Tears streamed down her face, hissing as they touched the wooden floor. She had no time to waste. The more time that passed, the more pain others would be in.

She had to save them.

She had to grant them mercy.