• Published 3rd Oct 2012
  • 1,629 Views, 53 Comments

Fatum Fortis Vocat Redux - Kromulus Regulus



Travis takes a stroll in the park. He finds himself somewhere different entirely.

  • ...
5
 53
 1,629

Ir - Irral Tafiaf

Ir

irral tafiaf

“First Meet”

I saw green eyes for a brief moment, then my eyelids fluttered closed again. I felt weak, like the strength had been drained from me. I couldn’t feel my body, I couldn’t feel hardly anything but that damning lack of strength. I opened them again, briefly, seeing the two sets of green closer to me now. I couldn’t make out a form, only darkness. A brief glint of white shined from what I thought to be a mouth, the eyes coming closer to me. I tried to move, I tried to do something, but all my body did was briefly wobble. Seeing this, the white glean seemed to grow larger and I could clearly make out rows of razor sharp teeth. The fear I felt was intense, and I shut my eyes in response to it.

I was breathing quickly, the fear striking to my very core. I could barely feel how tight my eyes were shut; the strain my eyelids were enduring intense. I felt something touch me, the feeling in my shoulder suddenly alive as I felt a cold metallic surface rub across it. My breathing became quicker, I feeling like helpless prey to some unknown predator. Something warm and wet- a tongue perhaps -slid across my cheek briefly. At the same time I felt the intense warmth of soft air striking my skin. I could then feel my body shaking, I on the verge of losing all sanity and control of myself. Just as quickly as the the warmth, the tongue had slid against my skin it then disappeared. In its place the wetness remained, intensifying the heat of the unknown source of air striking it periodically.

“You’re not like the other ones,” spoke the predator haunting me. It’s voice coming out in snarls and hisses. “So different, so delicious. I’m going to enjoy ripping your flesh from your bones.”

I could feel death gripping me as the pressure on my shoulder intensified. My eyes shot open, seeing clearly the wide open maw of the beast above me. It was slowly lowering, ready to take a bite into my flesh and conquer me as its prey. The shaking in my body stopped as something inside, deep within the core of my being, snapped. Immediately my body went from near numb to electrified, every inch of skin, every heartbeat intensified two hundred fold. I knew everything I needed to do, I saw how I needed to do it. I did not resist whatever had possessed me, allowing the feeling of life to take hold as I rolled across the surface of the bed I layed upon, avoiding the creatures quick downward bite. It glared at me, half confused and half really pissed off.

I raised myself partially on the bed with my arm closest to the surface, sitting myself up just enough so my free hand shot forward and gripped the zagging horn of the creature. Its face contorted into pain as the muscles in my arm bulged, I growling deeply as the strength going to my arm grew. In a swift, clean movement I snapped the horn off, sliding back to move my lower body to face the creature. Both of my legs were brought back, my knees touching my chest, before I released the incredible tension stored in them in one powerful, combined kick. The creature hissed an otherworldly scream, flying back into the wall. I once again retracted my legs, then kicked upward and used the momentum to deliver myself to my feet. My tail thudded to the floor, only briefly, a reminder of the form I was now in.

I disregarded this, the shock of previous revelations forced back into my mind. I raised the broken horn in my hand, allowing it to flip briefly before I grasped the larger end of its structure having the point facing down. I moved forward, a speed at which I never knew I was capable of, watching as the green eyes of the monster just then sliding onto the floor glared up to me in horror. In a quick movement, I raised my arm with the horn, bringing the pointed it down directly on the creatures skull. I twisted the horn, watching as its face contorted once again. In a silent belch of air, it gagged up blood, then fell limp to the floor as I released the horn.

“Doctor!” I cried aloud, remembering where I was. The creature could have caught him, or worse. Knowing someone was in danger, my strength intensified, overpowering almost all of my conscious actions. I quickly darted towards the exit to the room, moving swiftly through the small cabin home as I saw no sign of the amber-colored stallion. “Hooves!” I cried again, my voice coming out in a desperate roar. I heard something gag from outside, almost faint, I looking towards the open door and not wasting a second. My legs were no longer my own, driving against the floor with overpowering thuds as I headed outside. There I beheld Time Turner, being quickly overwhelmed by seven similar creatures. My eyes darted to the ground just before the Doctor, seeing a shovel on the muddy ground.

I took flight, my vision turning from colorful to an intense shade of red. I let out a bellowing roar of anger, the heads of all of the monsters turning to me. Several more leapt from the shadows as I surged forward, bypassing the stairs and leaping to the ground. I rolled forward quickly, feeling my claws clench around the shovels handle. As I felt my feet touch the ground, my legs thrust my body back upward. Both of my hands gripped the handle of the shovel, my legs extended as my eyes stared deep into the first monster in my way. It let out a feeble cry as I came downward with the shovel, hitting the top of the monsters head with a sickening crack of both bone and wood. The metal shovel split from the wooden handle, flying off into the distance from the incredible momentum it had gained. I turned to my next victim, handling the long piece of wood as I would a sword as I began battering it against the monsters face and skull.

I roared in pain as I felt several bites along the side of my body, the shade of red consuming my vision turning crimson. I raised the wooden handle up, quickly impaling it in the monster before me as I flung my arms around and bashed the face of another who had clamped its jaws down on my torso. The impact caused the beast to lose its grip, tearing flesh and muscle away as it fell to the ground. I ignored the pain caused by the open wound, instead grabbing the horn of another attacker and easily breaking it off from its base. With a quick movement, I impaled the skull of the same attacker, furthering the movement by driving out the horn and repeating the process with another. I felt the beasts bite loosen, falling limp, my mind now concentrating on the remaining two. The pain intensified from where they clenched their jaws down on my scales, I felt a further surge of ungodly strength as I raised both arms in the air and clenched my fists. I quickly dropped them on the two predators heads, hearing a loud cra-squish as bone and brain matter splattered from where I impacted them on the sides of their skulls.

The two would-be flesh eaters fell to the ground in a heap on top of eachother, I glaring up to notice a wall of dark chitin hide blocking my path. They had surrounded me during the time it took for me to disperse of most of the Doctors assailants. The remainder of those who had been on top of the Doctor had wisely retreated to the strength of the others. Dozens of glowing green, demonic eyes stared back at me. Their lizard-like pupils staring into mine, telling me of their anger at watching their own kin die. I replied with a mighty roar, louder than before, lurching forward and splaying my arms threateningly. The wall of nightmarish beasts retreated a few steps, only to move forward again as they realized their numerical advantage.

A hint of conscious thought returned to me, turning my head to look at the stallion on the ground. He was shivering, eyes wide in fear. For a moment, I thought he was afraid of the beasts around us. Yet as I continued to stare, I realized what he was afraid of was me. I felt myself swallow hard, my snout opening and closing as my heavy breathing became apparent to me. I turned away, looking at all the creatures, my hand clenching my side suddenly as my expression became strained. I felt the warmth of blood flow across my clawed fingers, I gazing down at my open wound. I was badly bleeding, not only from there as I soon realized, but also from other spots across my sides and torso. I could feel, ever so slowly, the strength beginning to diminish.

Carefully, I backed up, watching the green eyes follow me from all sides. The crimson hue in my vision began to fade as concern for the Doctor and my health returned to the forefront of my mind. I looked down at him as I neared, kneeling on one knee. “Are you alright?” I asked, scanning his form and finding nothing but a few scratches. I was not expecting what came next.

“Who are you?” He asked, pupils shrinking in his eyes as he stared at me. “What are you?!”

I scanned around me again, realizing with some form of numb comfort that the beasts had yet to converge on us. They seemed to be standing perfectly still, observing me. Maybe they were waiting for me to bleed to death. My eyes returned to the Doctors. “Someone that’s trying to save you,” I replied calmly, clenching my side again as the pain intensified. I saw a brief flutter of what appeared to be insect-wings, turning quickly on my heels to slam my fist directly into the eye of another monster. It screamed in agony as its eye busted like a water balloon, then fell limp as the voice emanating from its throat gurgled. I retracted my hand, watching with satisfaction as the circle of creatures took another step back. Retracting my fist from the creature's skull, I examined it briefly. A memory of a show crossing my mind.

“Changelings?” I breathed in disbelief, looking back to the Doctor. “What are they doing here?”

“Now probably isn’t the time for that,” he said quickly, eyes darting around him as he recovered from his quivering. He slowly got on all four hooves, I keeping silent my comeback concerning his previous question and gave a nod in response. I stood, trying to ignore the surge of pain coursing through my body, hearing the stallion beside me gulp audibly. “They’re not changelings,” he said, gazing around at the circle of predatory gazes. “Not anymore.”

“I figured that once they started biting me,” I grunted in reply. “So how do we get out of this?”

The only response he gave was to look upward. I looked towards him, confused at first until I noticed that every changeling around us was doing the same thing. They also seemed to be scampering backward rather quickly. I followed with my eyes to heavens, noticing for the first time that there was an ominous overlay of dark clouds. I could briefly make out sunlight through a few, subtle patches. It was the only sign that told me it was daytime. Other than the clouds, I saw nothing else, looking back to the Doctor. “What is everyone looking a-”

Before I could finish, a deafening roar pierced the heavens. I jumped, startled by the intensity of it, looking skyward again as I saw a shape descend from the cover of the clouds. It moved fast, flying directly towards our location. I barely made out wings flapping once before it entered a dive. It turned sharply, gigantic wings splaying outward as the air caught against the membrane patching its wings. Then, with a gigantic THUD against the ground that rocked me and everything else off balance, it landed just feet from us. My eyes grew wide as I beheld the dragon before me, its neck craning as it slowly stood up on all fours. It briefly looked my way, grunting deeply, then released another earth shattering roar as it opened its massive jaws and released a torrent of liquid napalm onto the changelings before it.

The changelings began to scatter, I losing not a second of our miraculous distraction to literally lift the Doctor up with both arms around his form and running through an opening in the chitin forms. Behind me, the roaring continued, along with the sickening sound of screams and burning hide. The treeline welcomed me as I darted past obstacles, knowing only that to get away now would be the best option. I didn’t know how I fought so many changelings, but I was damn sure with my current state of health I wouldn’t be able to fight a dragon.

Then everything became silent. I stopped in the middle of an opening in the forest, panting heavily as Whooves wiggled free of my grip and plopped down on all fours. He gave me a detestable glare before snorting and looking around at our new location. I simply looked up, arms going limp at my sides and jaw opening wide in disbelief. With an equal quake on the earth, the same dragon landed before us. I would have cursed our luck had it not been for my state of shock. The dragons massive wings slowly folded against its form, its head lowering as I made note of its elongated ebony horns on its skull. They seemed to gleam impossibly with each hint of sunlight passing through the dark overcast. Its snout stopped, inches before my form, I fearing the worst.

“I am Lazarus,” It greeted me, its voice deeply guttural. It motioned its head to its side, away from where the changelings had previously been. “You shall follow me,” the dragon continued. “The alternative is death by nightmares.”

It occurred to me then that three mindfucks had taken place since my awakening here. One had been waking up in a lizard-like body. The second had been seeing a pony from a cartoon show, which nearly killed me from the realization alone. The last and probably biggest was seeing the living, breathing incarnation of a fictional character from my mind. What the hell was something from my mind doing in this place? Maybe it was just an exact copy of it, a fluke. I still hadn’t come to terms with what was happening, after all. The Doctor broke me from my thoughts as he spoke.

“Is there going to be food?” The Doctor asked from my side. I looked down at him in disbelief, he simply shrugging up at me innocently. “What? I’m starving!”

I wanted to facepalm so hard then. No, this wasn’t a dream, this was a nightmare. I swore the next thing that would happen is that some tentacle monster would come out and try to molest me. I quietly waited for that to happen. I quietly breathed a sigh of relief when it did not come to pass..

“Come,” the dragon ordered with a grunt, “There is little time.”

It then turned and began walking into the forest, weaving dexterously between the large trees. After being quickly reminded of the pain in my side, I followed. The amber-colored stallion trotting happily beside me, as if nothing ever happened. I merely shook my head, my gaze returning to the dragon as he continued forward ahead of us.

“This can’t be real,” I whispered to myself. Another jolt of pain told me otherwise. I cursed under my breath, feeling gravely weaker than before. I kept a hand on my open wound, hoping to God that wherever we were going they had morphine.



.