• Published 3rd Oct 2012
  • 1,609 Views, 53 Comments

Fatum Fortis Vocat Redux - Kromulus Regulus



Travis takes a stroll in the park. He finds himself somewhere different entirely.

  • ...
5
 53
 1,609

Preface

Fatum Fortis Vocat Redux

Written By:

Travis Shane Johnson

(Kromulus Regulus)

With Editing and Proofreading By:

Avorin, Petro!, Werewolf435 and Kromulus Regulus

With Special Thanks To:

Special thanks to blawrg for his inspirational idea that sparked this journey, special thanks to Avorin for his valuable friendship and commitment at keeping me writing, special thanks to Petro! for his awesome contributions and being an awesome friend, special thanks to Werewolf435 for coming to my aid and helping me understand what I was lacking, and finally to all my fans and readers who stuck by me when hard times hit and kept me going. Thank you all!

Additional Special Thanks To:

A very heartfelt special thanks goes out to Io who originally had done the cover image for Fatum Fortis Vocat. I’m going to be using the cover image again, just because it was the best darn image I ever paid for. Thank you Io, your work is still awesome!

And to you Clayton. A very special thank you to you for your humor and your cheer. It means a lot to me and it has given me plenty of laughs. I don't think without its humble reminder of cheerfulness I'd would never have gone this far.


A Special Request to All Readers:

Hey guys and gals, it’s Travis here! Please feel free to leave a comment, whether you downvote or upvote. It’ll do me a boatload of good if you could. That way I can actually see your thoughts and opinions on the matter. If those downvotes out there keep hiding behind the red, how else am I supposed to know they’re are not jealous of my jelly if they don’t tell me otherwise?

Seriously, think about it. My statement of ignoring commentless downvotes aside, I really need people to tell me why they don't like it, so that way I can learn what to change and what not to. Either way, I appreciate and wish blessings upon all of you even if this does not happen!

Additionally, it would do everyone a great good to get to know the background plot going on in the story by reading Pro Temerarus es Fautor. Just sayin, cause you might get a better understanding of what’s going on.


Preface

Three months ago I was in the midst of an incredibly journey. I had, through the grand inspirations provided by Rusts “A Ballad of Echo the Diamond Dog” and Blackwings “Griffin the Griffin”, started my own take on their world (with permission) and dared to place my vision on their chess board. I gave it a name: Fatum Fortis Vocat. I had originally believed it to mean “Fate Favors the Bold”, but found out later it didn’t translate well to that. Either way, my story of Travis the Kobold and his wandering adventures in a mystical land became a big hit. I was happy.

Then, over the course of several weeks, my personal life became a lot more harder to deal with. People started getting sick, hospital visits became often and eventually I just couldn’t take it anymore. I went, for the lack of a better word, crazy. So I left FIMFiction, forgetting the fame and glory and my commitment to my story (and, to my regret, my fans and readers) and subsequently deleted my stories and my youtube account. I had left the internet for a time, which I believe was at least two to three months, and didn’t feel like coming back. I had a lot of issues to sort out, both spiritual and physical, and the internet unfortunately got in the way.

All was not lost, however. Despite my absence, I had one stalwart friend who stuck by me like a stubborn mule (no offense). Avorin, previously a simple Editor I found by chance, had become a great friend prior to my temporary leave of absence. We literally came into contact by chance, I looking at the list of proofreaders and selecting multiple names to contact. Avorin just happened to be the first to contact me back. From that point on, we literally just struck it off as two like minded individuals. He always encouraged me, always stood by me and, eventually, encouraged me during the waning days of my absence to try again.

With Avorins encouragement, I took a day to collect myself and eventually came back on FIMfiction. I changed my name, I redid my favorites, I restructured my watch list and eventually I became something more than a mindless addition to a series. Avorin further encouraged me to look into my story again and see what potential it had, constantly reminding me of its greatness. I honestly didn’t believe him until I suddenly saw several of my prior fans, those who stuck around, contact me and ask me when I was going to write again. It was in total just only about four to five readers, sure, but their encouragement meant the world to me. It literally sparked something inside me to life again.

Thanks to them and Avorin, I started Pro Temerarus es Fautor. Soon, one of my readers/fans even got on board to help me edit. You and I know him as Petro!. He became an extremely valuable asset in the later stages of Pro Temerarus and became a swift friend, helping me not only zoom past huge obstacles in Avorins absence but literally helping me finish the story. After that, the skies cleared, the doubt that filled my mind left, and I soon realized that I still had it in me to actually write something I could like again.

So here we are, dear reader. Several months after my initial leave of absence and several weeks after me returning. With the help of you (those of my readers/fans that stuck by me) and my friends, this journey can begin again. This time, it will be finished. This story, unlike its last incarnation, will not be for me. It will be for you, dedicated to you, molded so you can enjoy it. Even if there are only five or six or maybe even seven of you who constantly read my word, you mean the world to me and this story, this Redux of the story you once loved, is specially crafted for your enjoyment. It will contain some similar characters and situations, things I hope you’ll enjoy again, and probably contain a lot of laughs.

At the end of the day, though, it is for you guys. You helped me get back on my feet, encouraged me to write again, and even now support me to keep going. Take this story as my personal thank you, because I’m going to take my time on it and not speed through it so you can enjoy it. Unlike Pro Temerarus es Fautor which was meant to be finished quickly, Fatum Fortis Vocat Redux is not. It’s meant to be finished only when it needs to be, so it could easily take a long time to complete. I want this to be an adventure, between you and I, so that in the end, when that tag finally reads “Complete”, I know I’ve done right by all of you by finishing it.

Thank you all so much for your support. You are the most wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure of encountering. To my friends and close friends, your words of encouragement and your constant bugging of me to write again helped get me here once more. God Bless you all, and I mean it. You guys and gals are a special lot.

I hope you all enjoy reading this as much as I will definitely enjoy writing it.

--Travis